Pick A Cosmic item

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Nega Bands (Genis-Vell)

Mjolnir (Thor)

Moonstones (Zemo)

Crimson Gem of Cyttorak (Cain Marko)

White Ring (Kyle)

Black Lantern Ring (Black Hand)

Helm of Fate (Kent V)

Amulet of Anubis (Hector Hall)

Your are given the choice to pick up one of the set items, and wield them as good as the original. Which item would you pick, and why?

pym-ftw
Q-Bands

Best costume.

Mshinu
Being Norwegian I ought to go for Mjolnir.. but the Gem of Cyttorak is pretty tempting with immortality, almost total invulnerability and no need for food or air.

What does the Helm of Fate and Amulet of Anubis do exactly?

DarkSaint85
White Ring.

All would proclaim my Jesusness.

beatboks
Amulet of Anubis

It was shown to be as powerful an artifact as the helm of Nabu when taken from Dr Fate by Khalis ( the servant of Anubis who was i=entrusted it who Nabu took it from. However it doesn't come with the downside that there is an entity inside it who's determined to take over your body like the Helm.

Warlord
any kind of ring

beatboks
Originally posted by Warlord
any kind of ring

Only if it's the ring of Life

maxivitopowe
Moonstones

dunno

Gecko4lif
Nega bands

Ez choice

Galan007
Fate's helm.

Jynocidus
Crimson Gem

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Fate's helm.

LeonBuco666
Moonstones

"Id"
Originally posted by Mshinu

What does the Helm of Fate and Amulet of Anubis do exactly?
The Helm of Fate, post Day of Vengeance. In short, it grants vast magical powers, the ability to warp reality (though incredibly difficult to manage), and Cosmic Awareness.

Amulet of Anubis: Houses souls, grants true perception (you will not be fooled by illusions of any kind). Protects the mind from telepathy.

Branlor Swift
Probably the Nega Bands. I'd still be somewhat human, only with the ability to become as strong as anything in the universe.

The cosmic awareness would be shit though

SamZED
My di$&.

Insane Titan
Gem

TheTyrant
Helm of Fate.

Tony Stark
Moonstones

Galan007
^ Zemo /w/ Moonstones owned Genis, who stalemated SENTRY, who owned TONY.

That was only a scant 3 degrees of separation from SENTRY, and a meager 4 degrees from TONY. thumb up

"Id"
I would pick either the helm of Fate or the White Ring.

Mindset
How much were the nega bands a part of Genis's power, I can't remember what was from him and what wasn't?

beatboks
Originally posted by "Id"
The Helm of Fate, post Day of Vengeance. In short, it grants vast magical powers, the ability to warp reality (though incredibly difficult to manage), and Cosmic Awareness.

Amulet of Anubis: Houses souls, grants true perception (you will not be fooled by illusions of any kind). Protects the mind from telepathy.

the amulet also grants vast magical power except that it comes from the lords of Chaos not order. using it Khalis was able to match Classic Dr Fate in battle a few times. to defeat him he had to summon the power of a few gods.

carver9
Thor hammer.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Zemo /w/ Moonstones owned Genis, who stalemated SENTRY, who owned TONY.

That was only a scant 3 degrees of separation from SENTRY, and a meager 4 degrees from TONY. thumb up

#1 Although, you also picked The Moonstones; which means that you do have some sort of relevance. But, let the truth be-known both Photon Genis and SENTRY were holding back considerably during their tussling. Juss sayn'

#2 Control of CLOC = Iron Man won

#3 Kevin Bacon

Galan007
laughing out loud

Perfect answer. thumb up

deathslash
either the helm of fate or the White Lantern Ring

chomper-lives
Red Lantern ring for me

Supra
Nega Bands (Genis-Vell)

Mjolnir (Thor)

Moonstones (Zemo)

White Ring (Kyle)

Helm of Fate (Kent V)

Your are given the choice to pick up one of the set items, and wield them as good as the original. Which item would you pick, and why?

Hammer

"Id"
Originally posted by Mindset
How much were the nega bands a part of Genis's power, I can't remember what was from him and what wasn't?
The Nega Bands grant, Cosmic Awareness, Spacial Powers, and channels anti-matter through the Negative Zone. They can also channel, absorb, and redirect all forms forms of energy.

Genis-Vell is energy himself. And his is the ability to manipulate energy down to photons. With the Nega Bands, he became much more efficient, thanks to its Cosmic Awareness, and the bands being excellent energy regulators.

Mindset
I thought he had CA already?

"Id"
Originally posted by Mindset
I thought he had CA already?
Nope.

He has some latent psychic abilities of his own.

Sometime after he gains the Nega Bands, he gains CA from the bands.

Entropy then heightens his CA well above Herald-Skyfather....shit, I would say Abstract level.

Uriel005
Helm of fate. I'd eventually finangle a way to just transfer its powers to myself using what it could teach me.

Mshinu

Thanks, I`ll still go with the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak then.

With the gem, do I have to go on an occational rampage in order not to displease Cyttorak and get depowered? Could be a bit of an hassle.

beatboks
Originally posted by Uriel005
Helm of fate. I'd eventually finangle a way to just transfer its powers to myself using what it could teach me.

The way magic works in the DCU that wouldn't work (pre FP). To do powerful magic requires either a talisman, familiar or to draw power from a higher source. Using that sort of energy directly through a mortal form burns it out pretty quickly. Even when vastly powerful beings like Lords of Order or Phantom Stranger are made mortal the amount of power they can wield without destroying themselves isn't anywhere near what they can do with a talisman to focus the energy through.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/doctor%20Fate/Doctor_Fateputsshatruinamortalshell2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=75

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/doctor%20Fate/limitedform.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/phantom%20Stranger/Strangerexlainsmana.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

DarkSaint85
In addition, the helmet of Fate would get annoying after a while.

Igniz
Hammer.I don't want to be Cytorrak's minion smile

zopzop
Nega Bands (Genis-Vell)

Mjolnir (Thor)

Moonstones (Zemo)

White Ring (Kyle)

Helm of Fate (Kent V)

Anything that grants immortality.

Speaking of which do you get to look like yourself if you have Cyttorak's Gem or the Black Lantern Ring? Or are you transformed into a freaking ogre (Gem) or zombie (Ring)?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop

Speaking of which do you get to look like yourself if you have Cyttorak's Gem or the Black Lantern Ring? Or are you transformed into a freaking ogre (Gem) or zombie (Ring)?

I'd assume you'd have to be killed first for the Ring, and let's make you a big mofo with optional crab plates with the gem.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'd assume you'd have to be killed first for the Ring, and let's make you a big mofo with optional crab plates with the gem.
Then they are garbage.

I'll go with the Nega Bands.

"Id"
Originally posted by zopzop

Speaking of which do you get to look like yourself if you have Cyttorak's Gem or the Black Lantern Ring? Or are you transformed into a freaking ogre (Gem) or zombie (Ring)? No You take the patterns of the comic design.

DarkSaint85
Oh, so you don't have to be dead to wield a BL ring?

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Oh, so you don't have to be dead to wield a BL ring?
I think he said you do "you take the pattern of the comic design".

"Id"
Once you pick your item, you will look like said comic. In this case the Black Ring grants you Black Hands S&M look.

You also abide by the rules of gaining said power. In the case of the Black Ring, you will die first, before the ring is granted to you.

Digi
Yeah, a lot of people aren't considering the negative consequences of some of these items. I think it would be enough to steer anyone away from a BL ring and Fate's helmet, power level be damned. Possibly a couple others as well. For example, was the CA responsible for Genis's madness, or was it just his unstable personality? If an already-powerful cosmic entity can't handle it, most of us couldn't either.

My gut wants to pick the (white) ring from the OP list, but I haven't thought it through all the way. I'd have the most familiarity with Mjolnir, so at the moment it would be the safest choice for me. But a few offer enticing possibilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.