Nintendo's last good console.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict
In your opinion, what was Nintendo's last great console? Was it the SNES? The Gamecube? The N64? Personally, I'm firmly in the Gamecube camp.

Impediment
The GameCube was severely underrated.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
The GameCube was severely underrated.

It is the second best Nintendo console.

Only the Super Nintendo was better. big grin

NemeBro
The Gamecube was pretty balling, yeah.

ScreamPaste
I'll have to see how the new games coming out for Wii U turn out before I make this call, but it could be a contender.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by dadudemon
It is the second best Nintendo console.

Only the Super Nintendo was better. big grin

thumb up

Sacred 117
Gamecube was an unsung hero, IMO. But personally, the only thing they're beating U in is abundance of material. U will probably reign as soon as they start pumping out content.

Astor Ebligis
THEIR LAtetst one brosephine

AsbestosFlaygon
Their latest console IS their best console, imho.

But the PS4 and XBOX One are just 2 steps ahead of it, in terms of features and hardware.
And GAMES.

Zack Fair
Sorry to bust some bubbles but 64 >>> GC biscuits

SNES>64>NES>GC>Wii>WiiU(thus far)

Astner
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Sorry to bust some bubbles but 64 >>> GC
No it wasn't. The controllers for the 64 barely lasted six months a piece, and the game library of the 64 is incredibly overrated, lacking entire genres such as RPG.

The Gamecube barely had any issues at all or shortages at all.

Zack Fair
Nope.

Could care less about how long your controllers lasted.

Astner
Nope.

Could care less about how long your controllers lasted.
Those nostalgia goggles are badly clouding your judgement.

Bentley
Connectivity with the Gameboy Advance makes the Gamecube the superior console in my book. They should've gone their way and cook something similar for the DS, but it went as a missed opportunity.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Astner
Those nostalgia goggles are badly clouding your judgement. Not really. My controllers worked fine, and I abused the hell out of them. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark even the wrestling games. I enjoyed the hell out of my 64. Gamecube not so much, and I tried...a lot.

Astner
Not really. My controllers worked fine, and I abused the hell out of them. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark even the wrestling games. I enjoyed the hell out of my 64. Gamecube not so much, and I tried...a lot.
Well, your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Smasandian
My controller on both consoles were good. I didn't break them.

I think N64 was a better console than GC. Just on the games alone.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Smasandian

I think N64 was a better console than GC. Just on the games alone. thumb up

Same here. In retrospective the GC controller is better. The 64's controller layout made the Dpad almost useless. Having said that one cannot deny the impact the 64 controller had on the industry with the rumble pack, joystick and z button.

Astner
Well, then you didn't play enough.

I think N64 was a better console than GC. Just on the games alone.
No. Ocarina of Time (including Master Quest) and Majora's Mask were also available for the Gamecube, and the best Zelda game to date, Twilight Princess, is on the Gamecube.

Then we have games like Eternal Darkness, Sonic Adventures 2: Battle, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Metroid Prime, Path of Radiance, and so on. There's no real competition to speak of.

NemeBro
No it wasn't. The controllers for the 64 barely lasted six months a piece, and the game library of the 64 is incredibly overrated, lacking entire genres such as RPG.

The Gamecube barely had any issues at all or shortages at all. My 64 controller still works, lol.

NemeBro
best Zelda game to date, Twilight Princess lol

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
My 64 controller still works, lol.
Well I went through five of them, two of which I threw away before I ended up selling the console.

Conclusion: I played more games.

Zack Fair
Or

-4ycZ509Wxk

NemeBro
Well I went through five of them, two of which I threw away before I ended up selling the console.

Conclusion: I played more games. I highly doubt it. I still play my N64, usually to play Star Fox 64.

Just because your body is fragile doesn't mean your controllers are. You're just an irresponsible gamer.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
I highly doubt it. I still play my N64, usually to play Star Fox 64.

Just because your body is fragile doesn't mean your controllers are. You're just an irresponsible gamer.

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bentley
Connectivity with the Gameboy Advance makes the Gamecube the superior console in my book. They should've gone their way and cook something similar for the DS, but it went as a missed opportunity.
Sadly. thumb down

And lol @ the N64 controller breaking stuff. Mine still work fine too.

VG_Addict
Sorry to bust some bubbles but 64 >>> GC biscuits

SNES>64>NES>GC>Wii>WiiU(thus far)

I could see the N64 being better than the GC in terms of historical significance (Mario 64 was one of the first 3D platformers), but in terms of library, no.

Ridley_Prime
Which one had the better library is debatable/subjective. At least the 64 got to have Rareware making games for it during the whole gen before M$ bought 'em out. sad Would've never guessed that Star Fox Adventures would be the last game of the Nintendo-Rare era.

Astner
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Which one had the better library is debatable/subjective.
No it isn't. The 64 had significant shortages when it came to genre coverage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.