Who is a better survivor than Riddick???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Is there any single person that has survival skills better than Riddick and has actually been shown on panel as doing so?

jinXed by JaNx
That one guy from Man vs wild, for sure. What's his name...,bear? laughing out loud

KingD19
Not many could pull off what Riddick did in 4 movies and 2 games.

jaden101
John McClane.

Robtard
See, kids. Contrary to popular belief, the Scottish are good for something.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
John McClane. Not even close to Riddick.

Supra
No one

FrothByte
Maybe Rambo?

Supra
Originally posted by FrothByte
Maybe Rambo?

Not a chance. He got tied up and beat down by some fat nasty sheriffs. Its impossible to keep Riddick tied up.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Supra
Not a chance. He got tied up and beat down by some fat nasty sheriffs. Its impossible to keep Riddick tied up.

How did Cole Hauser capture him then?

In terms of pain-taking (no particular order):

Marv (Sin City)
John Triton
Indiana Jones
John McClane
Jack Bauer
John Rambo
Craig Bond
Ethan Hunt (was capable of fighting while a bomb was slowly detonating inside his head)

Supra
Originally posted by Lestov16
How did Cole Hauser capture him then?

In terms of pain-taking (no particular order):

Marv (Sin City)
John Triton
Indiana Jones
John McClane
Jack Bauer
John Rambo
Craig Bond
Ethan Hunt (was capable of fighting while a bomb was slowly detonating inside his head)

He can be captured but he escapes every time and most of the time he enjoys being captured and escaping or being captured for a free ride Crematoria to see his friend. He can survive anywhere even wounded on a hostile planet he can survive. He can turn killer animals to fight for him and befriend him.

jinXed by JaNx
How about Wilson from cast away?

Supra
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
How about Wilson from cast away?

Dude tried to kill himself..

FrothByte
He can be captured but he escapes every time and most of the time he enjoys being captured and escaping or being captured for a free ride Crematoria to see his friend. He can survive anywhere even wounded on a hostile planet he can survive. He can turn killer animals to fight for him and befriend him.

Yeah and so did most of the other guys mentioned. They always escape, they're the heroes. I believe the question was who had great survival skills and not great escape artists... in which case I still think Rambo has shown better survival skills than Riddick though Riddick is obviously stronger and faster and tougher.

Mindset
Jason Bourne?

Supra
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah and so did most of the other guys mentioned. They always escape, they're the heroes. I believe the question was who had great survival skills and not great escape artists... in which case I still think Rambo has shown better survival skills than Riddick though Riddick is obviously stronger and faster and tougher.

Yes but Riddick can turn killer animals on alien planets to his side. Thats the one advantage I think that makes him a step above.

Mindset
Yes but Riddick can turn killer animals on alien planets to his side. Thats the one advantage I think that makes him a step above. Not impressive, all he really did was raise an animal from when it was young, just like people do to lions, wolves, etc.

Supra
Originally posted by Mindset
Not impressive, all he really did was raise an animal from when it was young, just like people do to lions, wolves, etc.

What about him turning the wild beats friendly with his gaze in Chronicles when they were set out on killing him and everyone else?

Most impressive.

Mindset
What about him turning the wild beats friendly with his gaze in Chronicles when they were set out on killing him and everyone else?

Most impressive. That was impressive, but it obviously doesn't usually work, since every other animal he encountered in the films tried to kill him.

Supra
I think the only one that could be equal is Jason Bourne as already mentioned, but I still think Riddick is superior given he can survive in alien words and pretty much everyone in the universe is always trying to find him, kill him or capture him.

Bentley
Godzilla.

Supra
Originally posted by Bentley
Godzilla.

laughing

Well talk about taking to to another level!

KingD19
That was impressive, but it obviously doesn't usually work, since every other animal he encountered in the films tried to kill him.

Every other animal he encountered was a lizard and had no eyes.

Also, Rambo has only ever had to survive on different countries, but was still around civilization and usually had access to some sort of weapon.

Riddick was stranded on not one, but 2 different planets with no other people but him and had to survive with makeshift stuff that he made.

He survived on whatever planet he was on at the start of Chronicles for 5 years I think before anyone came and got him.

Lestov16
Jason Bourne?

thumb up

Great one, dude. Can't believe I forgot about him.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
Godzilla.

He didn't survive having a nuclear meltdown with his heart.

jaden101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not even close to Riddick.

Shut up, clown boy.

Don't make me rape you and your whole family again.

NemeBro
I assume that this is limited to street levelers only carver?

0mega Spawn
Chuck Noland- Castaway

/thread

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19

Also, Rambo has only ever had to survive on different countries, but was still around civilization and usually had access to some sort of weapon.

Riddick was stranded on not one, but 2 different planets with no other people but him and had to survive with makeshift stuff that he made.

He survived on whatever planet he was on at the start of Chronicles for 5 years I think before anyone came and got him. Except the Hyena type aliens that had eyes and were trying to kill him.

Also, the lizard things in the last movie had eyes as well.

Psychotron
Rambo > Riddick in terms of survival and killing abilities.

Supra

He survived on whatever planet he was on at the start of Chronicles for 5 years I think before anyone came and got him.

His Furyan blood runs strong.

Esau Cairn
Conan & Tarzan are considered survivors in both literature & film.

carver9
None of the people named here are close to the survivor Riddick is. You can't just base things off of them surviving certain circumstances, you have to look at everything as a whole and Riddick has been put into predicaments that poops on anything these people have been in, and he has survived it with uncalculating results.

KingD19
All these people survive with things any competent person could survive with.

Rambo's in a jungle with access to weapons and supplies.

Tom Hanks was on an island with food and water.

Etc, etc, etc...

Riddick survived all alone on at least 2 hostile and barren planets(one ice(for 5 years), one desert(for several months to a year or more depending on his dogs' species growth rate) with no other human contact or settlements for him to get supplies from. And he had to hunt with no ranged weapons, and had to make his own weapons.

Hell, he forced himself to develop an immunity to a venom that would have killed him otherwise.

Psychotron
All these people survive with things any competent person could survive with.

Rambo's in a jungle with access to weapons and supplies.

You actually believe just about anyone can do what Rambo does? Are you serious? The guy's like a Predator with a higher kill count.

Those planets Riddick was weren't that inhospitable imo. They had breathable air, fresh water, and food. That's good enough for Rambo. And there's no way the mercs would have gotten Rambo like they got Riddick in the last movie. He would have wasted all of them.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
You actually believe just about anyone can do what Rambo does? Are you serious? The guy's like a Predator with a higher kill count.

Those planets Riddick was weren't that inhospitable imo. They had breathable air, fresh water, and food. That's good enough for Rambo. And there's no way the mercs would have gotten Rambo like they got Riddick in the last movie. He would have wasted all of them.

Did I say inhospitable? I said barren and without any human settlements. One planet was essentially Hoth with mountains, and the other was a big ass desert on one half of the planet(the half Riddick was on)

Riddick had to hunt all of his food with nothing but melee weapons.

And I mean survive, not kill people.

Also, you saw the last movie correct? Riddick could have killed all of them whenever he wanted. He actually casually murdered several. The only, only reason he got caught is because his dog jumped in and got killed by Santana. And his emotion overruled everything at that point. He could have gotten away, but he wanted to kill Santana.

Plus they had the girl like a mile and a half away with a sniper rifle. Rambo would have gone down after one horse tranq, it took 4 to stop Riddick.

Psychotron
Did I say inhospitable? I said barren and without any human settlements. One planet was essentially Hoth with mountains, and the other was a big ass desert on one half of the planet(the half Riddick was on)

Riddick had to hunt all of his food with nothing but melee weapons.

And I mean survive, not kill people.

Also, you saw the last movie correct? Riddick could have killed all of them whenever he wanted. He actually casually murdered several. The only, only reason he got caught is because his dog jumped in and got killed by Santana. And his emotion overruled everything at that point. He could have gotten away, but he wanted to kill Santana.

Plus they had the girl like a mile and a half away with a sniper rifle. Rambo would have gone down after one horse tranq, it took 4 to stop Riddick.

Rambo has been trained to live of the land. He demonstrates it in all of the movies. Like in the first one where he hunts and kills a wild pig with a spear, or the 4th where he fishes with a bow and arrow, he captures snakes for a living in that movie.

If Santana wanted to he could have shot Riddick in the back. So could the lesbian chick with the sniper. Rambo wouldn't have bothered to meet with them at all, once he's in killing mode there's no stopping or reasoning with him. He would have wasted them all on the first night.

KingD19
Rambo has been trained to live of the land. He demonstrates it in all of the movies. Like in the first one where he hunts and kills a wild pig with a spear, or the 4th where he fishes with a bow and arrow, he captures snakes for a living in that movie.

If Santana wanted to he could have shot Riddick in the back. So could the lesbian chick with the sniper. Rambo wouldn't have bothered to meet with them at all, once he's in killing mode there's no stopping or reasoning with him. He would have wasted them all on the first night.

Yeah. And in all of Rambo's movies he's in places with lots of environments like that. Where you can easily craft tools and things of that nature. Riddick didn't have that luxury. And he's already a better survivor due to being a Furyan, an entire race that lived on a damn near impossible to live on planet and got more physically impressive as a result. Riddick did all of his hunting with bare hands and melee weapons.

And Riddick could have done that, but you know why he didn't? Because he wouldn't be able to access the ship's power cells if he had, so he would have been stuck on the planet. He wanted to leave. It's called a calculated risk. If Rambo just killed everyone, he would have been stuck when the Mud Demon's swarmed.

Supra
Yeah. And in all of Rambo's movies he's in places with lots of environments like that. Where you can easily craft tools and things of that nature. Riddick didn't have that luxury. And he's already a better survivor due to being a Furyan, an entire race that lived on a damn near impossible to live on planet and got more physically impressive as a result. Riddick did all of his hunting with bare hands and melee weapons.

And Riddick could have done that, but you know why he didn't? Because he wouldn't be able to access the ship's power cells if he had, so he would have been stuck on the planet. He wanted to leave. It's called a calculated risk. If Rambo just killed everyone, he would have been stuck when the Mud Demon's swarmed.

Rambo never had countless Alien's and bounty hunters with advanced tech hunting him. Riddick rarely uses a weapon besides his shiv or a coffee mug.

KingD19
It was a tea cup.

Supra
It was a tea cup.

Sorry he killed them with a tea cup laughing

Esau Cairn
I still have to point out that Tarzan was abandoned as an orphan.
And even raised by apes, he grew, SURVIVED & rose to a status that was feared & respected by both animal & natives to Africa.

Whereas I'm not downplaying Riddick's survival skills, I'm simply pointing out that Tarzan survived for a longer period under inhospitable conditions.

Supra
Wasn't he befriended by the Ape and Gorillas as one of their own? Granted he did grow up abandoned. But a jungle on earth is no Alien death Planet. Riddick has no help from anyone ever, all anyone wants to do is kill him, the bounty is so big on his head the whole universe knows of his name.

Psychotron

The alien planet he was on wasn't any more inhospitable than the jungles and forests where Rambo usually hunts. Except when it rains, but that's another story. Riddick is physically superior, but Rambo has superior stealth and hunting/killing feats.

Riddick had an opportunity to attack when Santana was trying to rape the lesbian chick, but he didn't take it. Rambo wouldn't have hesitated. He would have beaten the code out of Santana. Not that Rambo would want to leave at all, he prefers living alone in jungles.

KingD19
The alien planet he was on wasn't any more inhospitable than the jungles and forests where Rambo usually hunts. Except when it rains, but that's another story. Riddick is physically superior, but Rambo has superior stealth and hunting/killing feats.

Riddick had an opportunity to attack when Santana was trying to rape the lesbian chick, but he didn't take it. Rambo wouldn't have hesitated. He would have beaten the code out of Santana. Not that Rambo would want to leave at all, he prefers living alone in jungles.

What are you talking about? It was half desert/mountains, half forest. Riddick was on the desert side, with scarce water, no vegitation, and only a few native animals. How can you call a forest or a jungle inhospitable when there's always plentiful animals, water, and even plants and berries you can eat?

And let's say he did help Dahl. Not only would he have revealed himself and made it more difficult to get to the power cell. He would have had to fight his way through all of the remaining mercs and bounty hunters with little to no weapons, while lugging that bulky power cell out to the ship, and then hope he didn't get shot out of the sky if he even made it that far.

Psychotron
What are you talking about? It was half desert/mountains, half forest. Riddick was on the desert side, with scarce water, no vegitation, and only a few native animals. How can you call a forest or a jungle inhospitable when there's always plentiful animals, water, and even plants and berries you can eat?

And let's say he did help Dahl. Not only would he have revealed himself and made it more difficult to get to the power cell. He would have had to fight his way through all of the remaining mercs and bounty hunters with little to no weapons, while lugging that bulky power cell out to the ship, and then hope he didn't get shot out of the sky if he even made it that far.

Jungles are extremely inhospitable, mate. They're full of dangerous animals, loads of deadly diseases, and other crap. Then there's the heat and humidity. You wouldn't last long. And let me remind you that Rambo was kicking ass in a desert environment it Rambo III, he's used to dealing with inhospitable and dangerous environments.

No, he wouldn't help Dahl. Kill her, the black, guy and everyone else that was left there, beat the code out of Santana (shouldn't be hard at all), wait for the rest, and kill them too. That would have been the smart thing to do, instead Riddick gets himself captured.

Firefly218
Wolverine

Supra
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wolverine

Winner!

carver9
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wolverine

What did Wolverine do in his movie that puts him above Riddick survival skills?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.