Tigra vs. Black Cat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
1. Cat fight.

2. Cat fight in the mud.

SamZED
Not into furries. Black Cat.

StiltmanFTW
Greer did good in a (pretty brutal) sparring with X-23 though, didn't she?

Not sure if BC could do that.

pym-ftw
Greer is legitimately super human, is Felicia powered up again? I though she was just a weak domino wannabe.

StiltmanFTW
Apparently she's been enhanced with cybernetics not long ago, but I doubt she's on Tigra's physical level of formidability.

StiltmanFTW
Some may say Felicia has the skill advantage, but Greer is pretty skilled herself.

pym-ftw
Greer is as skilled but nothing to write home about.

She is pretty strong though (palming a full grown man casually with a single outstretched arm) and her claws are dangerous, not to mention her dmg.soak. again not game breaking but they are advantages.

StiltmanFTW
She's a Class 10, right?

In all fairness, BC's claws are real good, too.

pym-ftw
Tigra has claws on her feet and a malleable spine, I think she is listed at that but I can't remember her doing anything at that level in a long time.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Greer did good in a (pretty brutal) sparring with X-23 though, didn't she?

Not sure if BC could do that. Yeah, ive read that issue. But it still was a sparring even tgough they werent messing around. Black Cat has held own against Carnage and survived. Imo that's a comparable feat.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Greer is legitimately super human, is Felicia powered up again? I though she was just a weak domino wannabe. id say its the other way around. She's cybernaticaly enhanced and her claws cut through steal like a hot knife through butter. Plus her bad luck powers are more effective than Dom's. She can actually use it counciously. Wreck her opponent's weapons, make them miss, trip or just drop a ceiling on somebody's head. In an older book she was shown standing in a line of machinegun fire and bullets sort of bounced of her luck aura. That said, I was not aware that Greer has class 10 strength. Dont think it will change anything though as it will most likely come down to claws vs claws. And I pick cybernatic over organic. Especially since BC is backed up by her luck powers and arguably is a better h2h combatant.

pym-ftw
Who trained Felicia? Peter?

Greer was trained by Cap & later Us Agent, and later by Cat Shaman. She is strong enough to slap walker around (though he could have been holding back) and when pushed in fights her animal side takes over.

Personally I'd love to see her cat agility vs bad luck powers.

namorsubby
Bad luck powers are a stupid plot device. Tigra slips on a banana peel and breaks her neck.

Q99
Who trained Felicia? Peter?

No, her dad was a famous thief, plus there's a fair amount of self-training and off-screen training with unknown teachers (she's taught in several martial arts styles but where from has never been a focus).

pym-ftw
Who has the Cat beaten that suggests his h2h prowess?

Not to say Tigra is a master of h2h, she is prety inconsistent.

Of note she has a horrible record vs Pym.

Q99
Who has the Cat beaten that suggests his h2h prowess?

Iirc she beat Sabertooth once.

Her dad, no idea, he's an 'only appear in flashbacks' type.

pym-ftw
Wasn't he in some deadpool comics? I'm not accusing anyone I'm just trying to figure out why people view Felicia as having the skill advantage. The avengers chose Tigra as a trainer at avengers academy and honestly fighting is her only skill.

StiltmanFTW
You're probably confusing Felicia's dad with Shang-Chi's villain now. Both are nicknamed "Cat".

B. Cat has great showings against the likes of the Lizard, Spider-Man, Black Suit Vulture (upgraded Toomes), etc. But like I said, Tigra's skill seems comparable, she's come the closest to beating Sebastian Shaw (via skill), for example.

pym-ftw
Maybe, my knowledge of The Cat mostly comes from the 90's cartoon.

Igniz
Who cares smile We're all winners here by the thread starters idea Happy Dance

But I like Black Cat more.So I say she wins big grin

SamZED
Why does it matter who trained her on pannel? Its the feats that count, right? And like Stilt said Cat has fought everyone from Spidey, Lizard and Sabertooth to Venom and Carnage and walked away.
But while we're on the subject she first started training in order to kill a guy who raped her. He died before she got the chance. After that she kept training to improve her skills and become a thief. We dont know who trained her but we know she's damn good. Not going to insist on her being a better combatant than Tigra, but she has other things going for her. Hairless chest is one of them.

DarkSaint85
Felicia wins this.

Q99
Tigra is a character that, for the level that other heroes treat her as, should have more feats against skilled foes than she does.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're probably confusing Felicia's dad with Shang-Chi's villain now. Both are nicknamed "Cat".

Yes, and *The* Cat is one of the world's top martial artist. I don't think Felicia's dad was that good!

StiltmanFTW
Maybe, my knowledge of The Cat mostly comes from the 90's cartoon.

Welcome to the club.

Originally posted by Q99
Yes, and *The* Cat is one of the world's top martial artist. I don't think Felicia's dad was that good!

Few ones are, considering Shen Kuei is said to be Shang's equal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.