Force users evolving into minor gods?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
Would it be interesting if some of them could evolve into demigods with limited range? Let's say someone can be a God in one sector or they would get uberpowers and it would hundreds of Sith ot Jedi stop them...

GenomeFrozener
Yeah, like Nihilus. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/Thoraxe123/newlightplz_zps8d691e5e.gif

Shey Tapani
Yeah, but you could pretty much take him out by yourself.

REXXXX
It feels so undramatic...

Astor Ebligis
Soundslike Green Lantern.

Lord Lucien
They're beginning to feel like a Force God (Force God).

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Soundslike Green Lantern.

Not completely like GL, i would prefer this to be a rare thing.

Oneness
Vitiate came close.

Q99
Personally I feel the setting is enough about force users as-is. Throwing gods in would further push stuff in that direction.

Stealth Moose
This sounds like a horrible idea. The more powerful the character, the more they are less relate-able. Imagine any Star Wars piece, from the movies to the novels. Replace someone with a 'god-like' character. Step back as the fun and anticipation shrinks away slowly.

Q99
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
This sounds like a horrible idea. The more powerful the character, the more they are less relate-able. Imagine any Star Wars piece, from the movies to the novels. Replace someone with a 'god-like' character. Step back as the fun and anticipation shrinks away slowly.

I wouldn't say power necessarily leads to less fun, but it does mean there's only tense conflict with people of similar power, and there'd be almost none around in this scenario.

A lot of EU stuff *already* puts force users at high enough that it drains a fair amount of tension away.

red8
I would like to see the power-scaling go down. I like the idea of Jedi/Sith not being able to solo platoons of soldiers and having trouble against crafty bounty hunters.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by red8
I would like to see the power-scaling go down. I like the idea of Jedi/Sith not being able to solo platoons of soldiers and having trouble against crafty bounty hunters.

^ This. More power means things escalate, and then it gets goofy.

Q99
Originally posted by red8

Indeed. It takes your Fetts, your Solos, heck, even your less-powerful force users out of the threat category.

Stealth Moose
IMO Solo was one of my favorite things about the OT. He was a space drifter, and a slight anti-hero.

Lord Lucien
Han, Lando, and Vader are the only reasons I watch the OT. I can't even remember the other guy's name, he just doesn't matter.

Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say power necessarily leads to less fun Only true for video-games that have no worthwhile story or characters. But enough about The Force Unleashed...

Stealth Moose
TFU is a Canon Stu wankfest, and I abhor it.

Ahem.

Q99
There are a lot of fictions with high power I like, but that's a lot different than ratcheting up the power of one class, or one character, within an existing one.

And one thing I look for in SW stories is a 'Solo' figure. KotoR comic has Gryph, Legacy 2 has Ania Solo (of course), Legacy 1 has Jariah Syn, etc..

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
TFU is a Canon Stu wankfest, and I abhor it.

I wonder if his story will be written out of canon with the new Rebels show. Since Starkiller created the Rebel Alliance in TFU, but that's ground the new animation is apparently going to cover now.

Lord Lucien
Here's hoping.

Nephthys
Maybe he'll show up in the Rebels show. wink

Hopefully toned down a few miles.

Shey Tapani
He should had died at the end of the first game.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
Yeah, like Nihilus. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/Thoraxe123/newlightplz_zps8d691e5e.gif

No.

Originally posted by Oneness
Vitiate came close.

No.

Oneness
Any Jedi Ghost is the Force, as opposed to a Sith ghost. Luke and Jacen were the Force for brief moments while they still alive though during the NJO series.

psmith81992
Vitiate is the only one who does come close.

Q99
I will point out this is pretty much what The Ones and Abeloth are.

Shey Tapani
LOTF and FOTJ don't exist for me.

Q99
That cuts out Abeloth, but still leaves The Ones.

Shey Tapani
Do they really exist or they are fragements ofthe imagination?

psmith81992
You mean figments?

ares834
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Do they really exist or they are fragements ofthe imagination?

They exist sadly.

Q99
They exist, and live on Mortis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.