Luke Skywalker (Star Wars) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)_

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmptyHearted
Normal base Sephiroth Vs Luke at his strongest

Q99
Sephie. Physically speaking, he's so incredibly massively more powerful.

Nephthys
Luke has been stated to be able to resist the effects of a supermassive black hole. So I'm not sure I buy Sephie being more powerful than him.

BloodRain
EU Luke would curb Seph.

Phanteros
Is EU even canon anymore? The new movies seem like they going to get rid of it. But EU luke still crushes Seph

Nephthys
Originally posted by Phanteros
Is EU even canon anymore?

Chances are looking slim, I'd say.

StealthRanger
Luke solos FF7 with 0 effort

NemeBro
Hopefully they both kill themselves for being two of the worst characters ever.

Q99
Is EU even canon anymore? The new movies seem like they going to get rid of it. But EU luke still crushes Seph

It is, no canon revisions have happened yet, we just know there's going to be.

And no, EU Luke is *still* outmatched. The pressure waves of Sephiroth's sword swings are so strong that if Luke blocked, he'd break his arms.

You know that giant cannon in FF7, the Sister Ray? He can slice through that like butter with distance swings (there's a simulator fight between soldiers in one of the prequels...).

There was one highly hyperbolic analogy of him doing so. Precisely none of his feats are actually that level.

Sephy's got strength and speed.

NemeBro
Based on what does Sephiroth have Luke outmatched in speed?

Dr Will Hatch

The Thrawn Trilogy will ALWAYS be canon to me regardless of what the filmmakers say.

StealthRanger
Considering he has FTL reactions (his fight with Abeloth was so fast that nanoseconds were slow compared to them). Oh and he was able to counter the energy of an Eclipse SSD and should be more powerful than Vitiate who life wiped a planet of an atomic level or some shit (which was calced to be 295 exatons, top that Sephi-chan) and can fend off mind**** from Palpatine, who can mind**** an planet of 20 million people

StealthRanger
Should be 20 billion, and he mind controlled all Jedi across the galaxy at one point

ares834
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Considering he has FTL reactions (his fight with Abeloth was so fast
that nanoseconds were slow compared to them).

Have a quote?

Oh and he was able to counter the energy of an Eclipse SSD

When?

and he mind controlled all Jedi across the galaxy at one point

Eh? He communicated with all the Jedi once but I can't recall him ever mind controlling them.

StealthRanger

NemeBro
.... Lol?

That is the nanosecond feat I have heard about so much? haermm

Nowhere does it state that Luke reacted in a nanosecond. crylaugh

StealthRanger
Originally posted by NemeBro
.... Lol?

That is the nanosecond feat I have heard about so much? haermm

Nowhere does it state that Luke reacted in a nanosecond. crylaugh

She did grab him and throw him onto the floor face first, Luke had the reactions to flip himself onto his back, ergo reactions

Anyhow if that doesn't tickle your fancy there's always Mach 78,000 Malak, Mach 12,000 Jedis, Jax Pavan deflecting a laser from several feet away, Mach 10,000 Obi-Wan

ares834
Lol, god that is why I hate the OBD. They create "feats" out of nothing and then come up with laughable calculations for them.

The first is just downright stupid. Why the hell are we to assume the fight is in slow motion and that a space ship in a dog fight would be traveling at mex speed? The second is the same horseshit... being able to fight move at mach speeds would certainly have helped in his fight with Jango. As for the third, I'm not sure exactly what instance it is referring to. I'd assume it is Kenobi's showing in LoE but I don't recall ten thousand droids firing on him.

Yamcha
We need tag team battles, it seems Lucy and Luke really excel together xD
http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Team+LuLu

Based
Well Seph can fly so he's got that.

Supra
Originally posted by EmptyHearted
Normal base Sephiroth Vs Luke at his strongest

Which Luke Skywalker are we talking about?

Q99
I'm just going to note, you know the Clone Wars animated series where everything was over the top and Windu trashed an entire army?

Sephiroth makes that look like crap.

StealthRanger
And every SW top tier force user makes Sephiroth look like a gust of wind next to a tornado

Considering you have dudes who can tear apart the fabric of space and time, can manipulate solar flares and cause stars to go supernova, destroy all life on a planet on a sub-atomic level, drain life forces from entire planets, mind**** entire species, generate enough energy to create earthquakes and volcanic eruptions across a planet, among other things, yeah, next to that, Sephiroth tends to look rather irrelevant by comparison if I say so myself

So, what stops Luke from mind****ing Sephiroth to a vegetable, or using Fold Space to teleport his body parts far away from him (teleport style dismemberment) or his lightsaber into Sephiroth's skull, or a jolt of Emerald Lightning?

Q99
And every SW top tier force user makes Sephiroth look like a gust of wind next to a tornado

Not so much!

If you mean Palpatine's wormhole/force storms, they take time to build and interrupting him makes them mess up.

Only with a specific ship that does the heavy lifting (and the ship allowed even an apprentice to do it), while the person has to sit there in the ship and do nothing else.

Yes, Nihilus... of course, he couldn't do that if he was bisected, most likely, and he's not exactly a normal being even by the standards of high-tier force users, he's sort of a natural disaster.

And Sephiroth is full of Jenovah, which itself messed with the lifestream of an entire world, so dunno how Jenovah stuff would react.

Though better chance than most of these others, to be sure!

You do realize he summoned a giant planet-threatening meteor that caused massive damage to the planet even when it was stopped, right?

Heh, aside from him never doing that and Sephiroth having an incredibly strong well? He is pretty much the avatar of the godly Jenovah, and Jenovah has a long history of mind control itself.

Good luck with that.

Again, aside from him never doing that? It's probably a good deal slower than Sephiroth's attacks.

And Emerald Lightning...? Seriously, Seph can just shrug that even if he didn't want to block it. Even normal First Class Soldiers are incredibly tough, and Sephiroth is way above them.

Physically, Sephiroth is above any Sith or Jedi that I know. And SW, even the higher end stuff, does show "killing them with swords," is a pretty good counter to those large-scale fancier force abilities that take time to do.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Q99
Not so much!

Oh very much

Originally posted by Q99 If you mean Palpatine's wormhole/force storms, they take time to build and interrupting him makes them mess up.

Granted I suppose, sort of in the same context as "teh meteorz"

Originally posted by Q99 Only with a specific ship that does the heavy lifting (and the ship allowed even an apprentice to do it), while the person has to sit there in the ship and do nothing else.

Granted with the supernova thing, although the solar flare was with telekinesis. For the **** of it

Originally posted by Q99 Yes, Nihilus... of course, he couldn't do that if he was bisected, most likely, and he's not exactly a normal being even by the standards of high-tier force users, he's sort of a natural disaster.

Yeah, him. And Vitiate, who (as I said before), vaporised the biosphere of a planet on a sub-atomic level, Revan noted he no longer needs a ritual to replicate this feat

And Palpatine can do this, with a greater level of control (Byss, he was deliberately doing it slowly to sustain himself

Yet has never done a damn thing else with it

Originally posted by Q99 You do realize he summoned a giant planet-threatening meteor that caused massive damage to the planet even when it was stopped, right?

Which needed a great deal of prep to achieve

Originally posted by Q99 Heh, aside from him never doing that and Sephiroth having an incredibly strong well? He is pretty much the avatar of the godly Jenovah, and Jenovah has a long history of mind control itself.

Good luck with that.

>Luke
>never mind****ing
>even though he's done it during the trilogy era before he became badass
>and weaker gaise like Revan and Palpatine mind****ing entire planets/species and Luke fending off Palpatine's mind****

What?

Considering Palpatine was mindwiping the 20 billion or so population of Byss into a dream like state, yeeeeah

Ignoring that, it's been argued that Sephiroth's lifestream shit was akin to just being in there, sort of similar to the difference between being in an ocean, and the ocean trying to kill you. Yeah

He just thinks and fold spaces. So what stops him from doing that?

Oh Indeed, given it ignores durability (it insta-killed dudes outside the force)

Strength and durability, shure I guess?

Speed, lol, nope, definitely not*. Plus considering a random nobody like Jax Pavan can deflect a literal laser from a few meters away

*Mathematical error, should be Mach 10,000, and it happened in ROTS Novelisation, for the earlier question

Weaker Jedis have by large groups or just PIS (in the case of stronger guys like Obi-Wan), besides that, why are you using a low showing now?

StealthRanger
Moar reflexes/perceptions

Even moar reflexes. Hell, the MagnaGuard Droids that are General Grievous' bodyguards

ares834
I'm nt denying that the Jedi have good reflexes, after all they have precog. Therefore, the Jedi can literally react before the action takes place. I'm saying that them moving many times faster than the speed of sound is utter crap. BTW, I do believe Luke wins this.

Edit: And that Naga Sadow "calc" is just an earlier telling of when Sadow used the Corsair to destroy the Denarii system. Nor am I sure what that fool is doing in the Vitate calc... Vitiate drained all life, he didn't vaporize carbon or some shit like that.

Q99
Sure, people conditioned over a long period of time. Actual on-the-spot mind control of a strong willed person is a lot rare and something only a few sith who specialize it ever pull off.

Because it's not a low-level power and likely requires a fair amount of effort as a result. He never *does* use it in an actual fight like that.

Fun fact about Jedi, they have precog so can start a block before whatever comes.

And really, with Sephiroth's power? It simply doesn't matter. Block or not, they're down.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BloodRain
EU Luke would curb Seph. thumb up

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Yamcha
http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Team+LuLu WTF

Nephthys
Why exactly is Sephiroth so much physically superior to Luke? As far as I know, FF7 characters are a bit above bullet-timers and while Sephiroths strength is great, I think Q99 is overstating it by quite a bit.

Stealth Moose
What's stopping Luke from TKing Seph's eyeballs into his head?

BloodRain
Originally posted by Yamcha
http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Team+LuLu All hail team LuLu~

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
What's stopping Luke from TKing Seph's eyeballs into his head?

That's travel telekinesis, not combat telekinesis :zaru

But seriously, nothing, in TK he outpowers Sephiroth massively

He force crushes him or blasts him to atoms

Anyhow, the actual Vitiate feat (not the calc, for the ****ers who doubt the subatomic shit) http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=20203

I take it you conveniently ignored where Palpatine was deliberately devouring it slowly rather than all at once

Even then, I certainly cannot think of a situation where constantly keeping billions un der your mental power can be useful in combat, no not at all

Not not really, he effortlessly used it to disarm his son

What stops him from doing so?

Then there's another thing, called force enhanced reflexes

I personally fail to see where easily outfighting fighters and high level droids with high relativistic perceptions and reactions is "precognition"

Who said anything about blocking (though Luke has force shields for this)? Luke just keeps distance and magics/haxes him to death

Team LuLu vs FF7? :maybe

StealthRanger
While I'm at it

As though it in turn sensed his contact, the floating remote droid let loose a volley of laser beams (blaster bolts) aimed at him, simultaneously zipping from one midair position to the next as it fired. Jax, blindfolded, whipped up the energy sword, countering each burst by knowning, before it was fired, which direction it would come from. One...two...three...four...five...

The sixth, and last, beam stung him painfully on the right side.

"Blast!" Jax pulled off the blindfold and spoke the deactivation code for the remote, which drifted to the floor. He sat down on the extruded lip of a wall couch and looked ruefully at the weapon in his hand.

"I see its remote one, human zero, " a voiced said. Jax looked up to see I-Five in the doorway of the small, enclosed courtyard in which the Jedi had been practicing.

"I'm beginning to think that Laranth is right, " Jax said. " The Jedi should have practiced more with other weapons. " He grimaced. "Don't tell her I said that."

"On the other hand, no one but a Jedi could have blocked five out of six beams. "

Jax shrugged. "It makes no difference if it's the sixth one or the first one that kills you. Dead is dead. "

"I wouldn't know. I do know, however, ", I-Five said, "that you're much better with that sword than you think you are. "

Jax glanced down at the weapon, saw his disorted reflection looking back at him from the blade's surface. "Yeah? How do you know th---?"

I-Five suddenly whipped up his left hand, index finger extended, and fired a leaser beam at Jax. The beam splashed off the ionized fire that suddenly coated the length of the blade, which Jax had automatically raised to block the beam.''

"That's how," I-Five said, "The speed of light is just under three hundred thousand kilometers per second. You are currently seven-point-three meters from me. Your Force-augmented anticipatory reflex action is obviously working fine. You just have to let it."

Force augmented reflexes can deflect lasers from less than 10 meters away. Luke should be above this level

Nephthys
Blaster bolts don't move at the speed of light, jesus christ.

StealthRanger
No, it was a laser, not blaster bolts estahuh

Supra
Jenova/Sephiroth is a alien hybrid who merged with the planet's lifestream and is the most powerful being in FFA universe ever created and the crushes Luke via instant teleport and decapitation.

1KxjGn30PDA

StealthRanger
Luke's precog and superior reactions mean Sephiroth won't surprise him. Plus Luke's massive TK superiority allows him to tear several new orifices in Sephi-chan before he can react or mind****s him. Whatever works

As for that vid, lol, Luke's feats massively exceed "destroying skyscrapers"

EmptyHearted
How powerful is EU Luke???

I head he FTL fighter have FTL reaction.

I may wanna make more thread of this EU Luke.

I seen the hyped from comic _vine thread. EU Luke can solo anime series like Bleach??

EmptyHearted
Whoever explain of how powerful is EU Luke.

I
Am thinking of EU Luke Vs Thor as my next thread.

Buut I hold on that for moment.

StealthRanger
Yeah he's lightspeed in reactions/attack speed

Moon level TK, planetary scale illusions or some shit and can fend off planetary mind****, Emerald Lightning. And then there's soul****

And Luke can solo the HST, yes, Bleach goes bye bye

Thor stomps Luke, lol, bad thread

Stealth Moose
I'm not sure you need to exaggerate his feats. He just needs to apply some TK pressure to Sephiroth's brain. Or eyeballs, or carotid artery. Don't overthink it.

Supra
Luke's precog and superior reactions mean Sephiroth won't surprise him. Plus Luke's massive TK superiority allows him to tear several new orifices in Sephi-chan before he can react or mind****s him. Whatever works

As for that vid, lol, Luke's feats massively exceed "destroying skyscrapers"

The force is not crushing Sephiroth, Sepiroth does not even bleed man. I think Sephiroth's speed is going to be a real factor here, has Eu Luke ever fought anyone as fast as Seph? Also you got any video's of Luke command of the force from Eu?

The video of him destroying skyscrapers is more about all his powers in total and the power of his sword and strength behind it.

Stealth Moose
Videos of EU, lol.

They're all books, man.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Supra
The force is not crushing Sephiroth, Sepiroth does not even bleed man. I think Sephiroth's speed is going to be a real factor here, has Eu Luke ever fought anyone as fast as Seph? Also you got any video's of Luke command of the force from Eu?

The video of him destroying skyscrapers is more about all his powers in total and the power of his sword and strength behind it.

Lack of blood stops him from getting force crushed how exactly?

Palpatine, his fight with Abeloth was described as taking place in nanoseconds, the speed/reaction feats posted before so speed will be of no concern to him

Luke could destroy those skyscrapers with 0 effort

EmptyHearted

Moon level TK, planetary scale illusions or some shit and can fend off planetary mind****, Emerald Lightning. And then there's soul****

Thor stomps Luke, lol, bad thread

Wow I did not realizes how powerful Luke is.

Lol lucky I did not make thor Vs Luke huh?

I guess no matter how powerful Luke is. He won't be in level of Thor.

StealthRanger
Yeah, Luke's broken. It's hard to find matches for him

Supra
Lack of blood stops him from getting force crushed how exactly?

Palpatine, his fight with Abeloth was described as taking place in nanoseconds, the speed/reaction feats posted before so speed will be of no concern to him

Luke could destroy those skyscrapers with 0 effort

Lack of Blood means he can't really be hurt, I watched Cloud Omislash him like 100 times. Had no impact.

Seph was destroying skyscrapers with zero effort has well. How is Luke destroying them.

Also how is Luke going to survive meteor?

BloodRain
Lack of blood does not mean you can't be hurt..

And meteor is a useless thing in a battle.

StealthRanger
No it doesn't. How would he fare being crushed to the size of a walnut or blasted to atoms by attacks that are more destructive thn anything he's tanked

With telekinesis, duh

Meteor, meteor, meteor, hmmm

You mean something that takes a week or so to summon? Non factor

Nephthys
No, it was a laser, not blaster bolts estahuh

It says blaster bolts in brackets after lasers in the first line.

Drakon09
http://bejamisaki.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/higurashi_no_naku_koro_ni_gazo.jpg

Supra
No it doesn't. How would he fare being crushed to the size of a walnut or blasted to atoms by attacks that are more destructive thn anything he's tanked

With telekinesis, duh

Meteor, meteor, meteor, hmmm

You mean something that takes a week or so to summon? Non factor

I've done more research, this is not a fair fight. I stated when I made Sephiroth vs Link and I actually talked to the link fans like Scream and Scenerio that the cartoon link vs Sephiroth was not a fair fight and I yelied to the fact it was not a fair fight.

This is not a fair fight as well as EU Link is vastly beyond with force powers...

So yes obviously EU Luke wins

Q99
Have any of you actually read EU Luke?

Because he really, really does not fight like you seem to be picturing. He is challenged in lightsabers on a semi-regular basis by stuff like cyborgs and Vong, and they are not instantly slain by

Similarly, most of the "incredibly uber TK" is hyperbolic exaggeration. I mean, don't get me wrong, he can easily throw a multi-ton bolder without breaking a sweat, but moons? Hah.

ares834
He moves miniature black holes... He crunches Sephiroth with a gesture.

Supra
Originally posted by ares834
He moves miniature black holes... He crunches Sephiroth with a gesture.

So how is this a fair fight?

Tzeentch

Thor stomps Luke, lol, bad thread http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv3hze9rGD1qzk2upo1_r1_500.gif

CosmicComet
What is with you and this Stu Pickles thing as of late?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by CosmicComet
What is with you and this Stu Pickles thing as of late?
He's lost control of his life.

CosmicComet
laughing out loud

http://i.imgur.com/Yfzb5Nm.gif

Supra
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He's lost control of his life.

laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.