Wolverine vs Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grinning Goku
Hey everyone. Technically this isn't your "run-o-the-mill" versus thread, but just allow me some time to explain myself. Now there are literally dozens of future versions of Wolverine, but the question I want to pose is this: Is there a general consensus as to how Wolverine's body will hold up 50, 100, 200, 300, or 400 years from now? If memory serves the best I've seen him look after 150 years was during Grant Morrison's "Here Comes Tomorrow Arc" from ten years back. He looks exactly the same even though he was about 260 years old at the time. The worse I've seen him look in terms of aging was in Wolverine: The End and he was only about 210 years old. So how do most of you think Wolverine will do against time? Will he remain youthful for centuries then age normally after some time, or will his aging process mirror a human one? For example, it is often said that Logan is in his prime, despite being over 100+ years old. Let's equate that to 30 in human years. The life expectancy of Canadian male right now is 78.68 years. I guess you could subtract some years from that considering that Wolverine often smokes and abuses alcohol (but then wouldn't his his healing factor nullify the effects of drug abuse?). Anyway, when we multiply 120 years (his current age) by 2.6 (30 x 2.6 = 78), we get 312. Could this be his max. lifespan? Sorry for the ridiculously long post. Hope you can help me figure this out. smile

Mindset
Maybe.

psycho gundam
should have been a versus thread thumb down

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by psycho gundam
should have been a versus thread thumb down

Can Wolverine defeat Mistress Death with the stabby?

psycho gundam
if he "can kill" thanos with IG......

Flyattractor
if he "can kill" thanos with IG......
technically he didn''t/ Thanos turned him into rubberband bones guy.

jaxthejester
Wolverine is in outstanding physical condition, and thanks to his HF he will be in outstanding condition even unto old age.
People in outstanding physical condition tend to die closer to 100. And since 100 is a nice, round number- it's what I'm shooting for as the "peak human average life expectancy."

A male is actually at his true peak at 25 years old.
That is when cells stop naturally replenishing at a higher rate than they die. At 30, we are already over the hill.

So I would say that Wolverine is currently akin to a healthy 25 year old male (based on the statement that Wolverine is in his "prime"wink.

Logan's actual current age is somewhere around 125 years.

So...

That would mean that Logan ages at approximately 1/5 the normal human rate.

Which makes Logan's maximum life expectancy right around 500 years of age.

Keeping in mind that at 500, Logan would be akin to a normal human that is 100- which is skinny, hunched over, on Death's door, and not moving a whole lot... this sounds about right.

Based on that model :

James Howlett will be in his "Cable" years when he's around 250.

He will be in his "Batman Beyond- Bruce Wayne" years when he's around 350

And 400 - 450 will be his "Last days of Gandalf the Grey" years.

451 - 500 is his "eat'n soft food and listening to oldies" twilight years.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Flyattractor
technically he didn''t/ Thanos turned him into rubberband bones guy. you must have missed the quotes. you also missed the arguments that justify them

Mshinu

Flyattractor
you must have missed the quotes. you also missed the arguments that justify them Of course I missed them. I don't have tame to wade thru all that nerdspeak.

pym-ftw
Tl;dr

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Of course I missed them. I don't have tame to wade thru all that nerdspeak. wolverine "killing" IG thanos is essential reading, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.