Spiderman vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iscaremonkeys
who would win this ? Me and a cousin got into a heated discussion about this I even had to pull out spidey comics from like the 80's.

NO NOT MARVEL NOW VERSIONS

Q99
I'd go with Spidey, unless Cycs *really* wide-beams it Peter's going to dodge his attacks and hit him with web.

Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/AX011-016.jpg

-Pr-
WTF...

Supra
Cyclops wrecks him

DTM
Id go with SpiderMan to beat Cyke more than not.

namorsubby
Spider-Man evades then punches him in the face. The end.

Supra
Cyclops eyes are fastest then spiders movements and he is not dodging a wide optic blast.

namorsubby
I seriously doubt that seeing as his reflexes and reaction time as a human are far inferior.

Supra
Originally posted by namorsubby
I seriously doubt that seeing as his reflexes and reaction time as a human are far inferior.

Since when did spiderman have super speed now at that level now. Given they are at least 25 feet apart, Cyclops toasts his ass

namorsubby
Nope. Unless you're going with the notion that Scott will use the "get off my lawn" all out wide range blast from the gate, then he's...well, "toast". Spider-Man also has a long ranged attack btw.

Supra
Nope. Unless you're going with the notion that Scott will use the "get off my lawn" all out wide range blast from the gate, then he's...well, "toast". Spider-Man also has a long ranged attack btw.

And his optic beam I'm guessing in your opinion does not over ride his long ranged attack and moves faster then Scotts eyes and reflexes.

Cyclops ain't not brick on the lawn, he is pretty agile and knows how to fight and use his abilities very well.

Supra
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/cyclops-vs-spider-man-20173.jpg

Spiderman dies.

SamZED
That's why Namorsubby said "unless Cyke goes GOML right off the bat", in that case yeah, given the starting distance SpOck is dead. But one could argue that Cyke's CIS wont allow that. And if he tries hitting SM with his standart blasts he'll get ktfo or killed.

Q99
This is Peter-Spidey, not SpOck, like the op says, not Marvel now.

Silent Master
Cyke has the power to win rather easily(GOML), but doing so isn't really in character.

maxivitopowe
well his current blasts are wavy as shit, and they dont always travel in a straight so it would be easier than normal to dodge them

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
well his current blasts are wavy as shit, and they dont always travel in a straight so it would be easier than normal to dodge them

NOT Marvel NOW characters.

Originally posted by SamZED
That's why Namorsubby said "unless Cyke goes GOML right off the bat", in that case yeah, given the starting distance SpOck is dead. But one could argue that Cyke's CIS wont allow that. And if he tries hitting SM with his standart blasts he'll get ktfo or killed.

thumb up

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
This is Peter-Spidey, not SpOck, like the op says, not Marvel now. Oh. In that case forget the "killed" part. The rest is still true though.

pym-ftw
So AvX Scott? The last version of Scott pre marvel now?

I'm going to assume not so I view it as a split imo.

Drakon09
Cyclops

Ash_J_Williams
Spidey.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Supra

Spiderman dies.

He wouldn't use GOMLB against Parker in fear of killing him.

Rao Kal El
Spiderman on average

Cyclops if he uses a wide shot from distance

zopzop
Basically what other posters have already said :
In character, Spider-Man
Going all out, Cyclops.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Supra

Spiderman dies.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138276/3512900-8536996260-feat1.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2269/feat37agilityspeedmx2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113883/2300758-165980-1051072_feat13strengthqb6_super_super.jpg
Cyclops Dies

StiltmanFTW
None of the feats you posted showed Parker could do anything about the GOMLB.

Great job.

iscaremonkeys
he just dodges all day. I agree from far away Cyclops owns but spidey will find a way to get close

carver9
As for speed, it was proven not too long ago that Spiderman sees the world in slow motion. As far as the fight goes, I'm leaning towards Spiderman.

StiltmanFTW
@monkey

It's a featureless environment here, so no, he won't.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
As for speed, it was proven not too long ago that Spiderman sees the world in slow motion. As far as the fight goes, I'm leaning towards Spiderman.

Cyke has actually undergone the training on how to handle speedsters, so Parker's degree of speed shouldn't be a prob.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cyke has actually undergone the training on how to handle speedsters, so Parker's degree of speed shouldn't be a prob.

I know what scene you are talking about and I honestly don't think speed is the reason Spidey would win. It's everything else PLUS speed.

iscaremonkeys
, so Parker's degree of speed shouldn't be a prob. but his spider-sense could be a huge problem. those reflexes are killer

-Pr-
Someone post Cyclops tagging Quicksilver...

iscaremonkeys
someone post spiderman holding up a building

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Someone post Cyclops tagging Quicksilver...

I can do better. Cyclops has tagged Northstar. Looking at everything as a whole, Spiderman should win this. Speed isn't the only issue.

StiltmanFTW
Starting distance... 0.5 km...

carver9
Starting distance... 0.5 km...

Sigh*...Stilt, please don't make me go through all of my Spiderman stuff just to prove he can cover the distance, especially when we both know he can.

iscaremonkeys
cough cough
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/764/feat46strength3ud2.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1941/feat46strength4fu7.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4250/feat46strength6ac2.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6837/feat46strength7ed2.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1153/feat46strength9ac2.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Sigh*...Stilt, please don't make me go through all of my Spiderman stuff just to prove he can cover the distance, especially when we both know he can.

And Cyke can just use one of his wider beams...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
cough cough

You could get reported for spamming because that feat is completely irrelevant here.

VeganDiet
In character: Spider-man has got this.

carver9
And Cyke can just use one of his wider beams...

It's all about reactions though. I think Spiderman can pull off an attack (webbing) and dodge a couple of attacks (to get close) so that he can set something up to pull a win. Spiderman Rogue is full of people like Cyclops and he has overcame those odds on numerous of occasions.

Shabazz916
cyclops kills him

iscaremonkeys
You could get reported for spamming because that feat is completely irrelevant here. it shows not only does he have speed (as I posted earlier) but the strength to knock out Cyclops in a few seconds if he got close

deathslash
Cyclops shoots a whole in Spider-man's head just a little bit after Spidey punches a whole in Cyke's chest. They both die and comicbooks are much better off without them. About a month later, Daimon Helstrom or some other higher level mystic brings Spider-man back to life and Parker's personality somehow survives while Ock's dies.

SamZED
As for speed, it was proven not too long ago that Spiderman sees the world in slow motion. As far as the fight goes, I'm leaning towards Spiderman. I think it was shown a long time ago. Or are you talking about the Herc feat?

-Pr-
As much as I think Spider-Man would win, this:

Spiderman Rogue is full of people like Cyclops and he has overcame those odds on numerous of occasions.

Is bullshit. And not remotely true.

JayDaDon
I'd say split. In Character, Spidey. The GOML blast would obviously win it for Cyke.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cyke has the power to win rather easily(GOML), but doing so isn't really in character. I wouldn't say easily. Evasion is kind of Spider-Man's thing.

emporerpants
Cyke going for the kill owns hard. Spidey can't dodge the GOML blast. Spidey wins if they are fighting in character.

namorsubby
I've seen cyke take off the visor and hit Namor with a GOML blast that was not that wide(which he tanked btw). The one against WWH wasnt that wide either. I'm pretty sure Spider-Man could've dodged it.

pym-ftw
IC Peter holds back as much as, or more than Scott especially current Scott.

emporerpants
namor tanking means nothing as far as spidey is concerned. The GOML blast is typically understood to be the one that people have shown in this thread and the one from astonishing X-Men. How exactly does Spidey dodge that? Just taking off his visor doesn't make the blast a GOML blast. He has taken off his visor and shot perfectly straight blasts that are around the same size as his normal blasts plenty of times. The GOML blast seems to be something he needs to actually make happen, as in it doesn't happen automatically when he takes his visor off. He needs to consciously trigger it.

That is not to say that the blast against hulk wasn't his full strength, as he clearly said it was. However, that has nothing to do with the width of the blast.

namorsubby
So you're saying he'd just make it wider?

emporerpants
Clearly he can, and has. Again, how does spidey dodge the blast that was shown already, or the one from astonishing? I'm not saying that cyke wins in character. He doesn't. Spidey would dodge his normal blasts and then knock him out in one hit. If cyke is out of character and blood lusted though? Then he can take spidey out with a GOML blast too wide for him to dodge.

That is a scenario that likely will never happen though.

namorsubby
I feel Spider-Man could dodge the width of the blasts that were displayed against Namor and Hulk. He's much much faster. I doubt he could widen the blasts if he's going all out. Precise control and letting lose don't exactly go hand in hand. It seems like most of you are saying this is cyclop's fight to lose based on how he fights......I disagree. I think Spider-Man has the clear advantage.

-Pr-
Kind of sad how nobody screws over Cyclops more than his own writers.

Supra
GOML blast wins. Spiderman dies.

maxivitopowe
is this a feature less enviroment

emporerpants
Are you really saying that a bloodlusted cyke going for the kill with no visor doing a GOML blast can't hit spiderman? Really? Again, how does he dodge the blasts shown in this thread and astonishing x-men? Please answer that question.

namorsubby
What about the width of the blasts I mentioned? Please answer that. And yeah Spider-Mans only much faster in every way...so ridiculous, right? I hate when people use the whole pleading absurdity bit instead of just plain ole fashioned logical debate.

red sabre
namorsubby, is being wrong all the time are your special super powers?

maxivitopowe
could he jump over it?

namorsubby
Originally posted by red sabre
namorsubby, is being wrong all the time are your special super powers? Is simply stating your opinion and then saying whatever contradicts it is wrong without providing any evidence to support the notion your superpower? Because it's quite common around here and not that impressive to begin with.

Board Walker
The blasts are pure kinetic energy right? Would that mean someone who has mastery over kinetic force/energy would be able to manipulate Scotts beams?

Supra
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
could he jump over it?

No

SamZED
Givving the starting distance 1/2 km SM might be able sneak up on Cyke but that's a very slim chance and if Cyke does go GOML off the bat Pete is most definitely $&@$ed but it's not in his character. So CIS on Pete wins. CIS off Cyke wins.

emporerpants
As I said before, Cyke does seem able to control the size of his blasts at least a bit when his visor is off. He has his visor knocked off a lot and it doesn't resemble the GOML blast. That seems to be something that happens when he wants it to. Hence, Cyke wins if he uses the GOML blast. He won't use it though, so spidey wins if they are in character.

namorsubby
I'd consider that GOML blast inconsistent with the others. It's much wider. It's not even a beam really. Definitely unusual.

-Pr-
Originally posted by emporerpants
As I said before, Cyke does seem able to control the size of his blasts at least a bit when his visor is off. He has his visor knocked off a lot and it doesn't resemble the GOML blast. That seems to be something that happens when he wants it to. Hence, Cyke wins if he uses the GOML blast. He won't use it though, so spidey wins if they are in character.

Cyclops controls the width/height and intensity of his blasts with his visor off just fine. He just can't turn them off.

I'd consider that GOML blast inconsistent with the others. It's much wider. It's not even a beam really. Definitely unusual.

It's still consistent with the GOML blast against the Sentinel early on.

What it's not consistent with is the kind of bullshit writing we saw in the WWH arc where apparently he can go full power even though the visor specifically stops that from happening.

Sixth_Winged
Atm current clops is broken and pete/otto wins rather convincingly.

Also pr's right. Just because he's taken off the glasses doesnt mean the whole panel goes red wall of death.

Sixth_Winged
Also before anyone insist spidey is just way too fast for scott to tag, he already got tagged in x-sanction.... So there.

SamZED
I know. He's still too fast. CIS on (as in no GOML) SM takes it.

-Pr-
I don't think he's too fast, especially in a featureless environment.

He can still web him though, so there's that.

namorsubby
To me that GOML blast looked like he was radiating kinetic energy out from his eyes in all directions. I've gotten the impression from every other instance of him displaying his power that it was a BEAM of concussive force in the form of kinetic energy. I'd assume that controlling the width of the beam doesn't change its properties altogether.

-Pr-
To me that GOML blast looked like he was radiating kinetic energy out from his eyes in all directions. I've gotten the impression from every other instance of him displaying his power that it was a BEAM of concussive force in the form of kinetic energy. I'd assume that controlling the width of the beam doesn't change its properties altogether.

It's more a cone than a beam at full, unhindered power.

namorsubby
What about the other contradictory depictions of the "GOML blasts" as simply a wider beam?

DarkSaint85
What about the other contradictory depictions of the "GOML blasts" as simply a wider beam?

Cyclops is able to do....different beams? He (was) pretty skilled.

StiltmanFTW
Also, his optic blasts travel at lightspeed.

VeganDiet
So does Lightmaster's blasts. Peter never had trouble dodging those.

namorsubby
Spider-Man has mild precog along with reflexes, reaction time, and agility many times greater than what's humanly possible. I don't see why he should have much trouble evading them sans GOML. That may even be possible based on a few depictions of it on panel.

-Pr-

He can alter the size/shape of the beam at will. It's not perfect, but it does follow. I mean, this is the same guy that could fire his blasts in pulses too.

That idea never made sense to me, tbh. I don't think most of the time they travel that fast, or if they do, then his aim is not nearly what it's cracked up to be, which would be a bigger contradiction imo.

maxivitopowe
edit forgot about no marvel now thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.