Manhattan vs Routh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Clash of the Titans!!!!

BFR cannot be used.

Impediment
DM.

Epicurus
Manhattan wins.

Supra
This is bullshit, in the other thread about MoS vs Routh everyone screamed Routh was beyond anything and I got railed for saying anything but screaming Rouths name..

Now we have Manhatten who's has crap feats and now he beats Routh.

I don't understand this.

marwash22
lol.

Supra
Originally posted by marwash22
lol.

Marwash defend the House of El!!!

KingD19
Manhattan changes Supes' organs into kryptonite.

BruceSkywalker
Routh loses lolz

marwash22
Originally posted by Supra
Marwash defend the House of El!!! i don't know why you thought this would be any different than the other thread. Routh Superman is just as defenseless against Manhattan as the Krptonians from MoS.

Supra
i don't know why you thought this would be any different than the other thread. Routh Superman is just as defenseless against Manhattan as the Krptonians from MoS.

WELL GODSPEED!!!!!

marwash22
Manhattan is one of the most powerful characters in cinematic history. Not even the looney toon-esque characters like the Mask can touch Manhattan.

Only people like God from "Bruce Almighty" can defeat him, but that's really only due to implied omnipotence.

Supra
Manhattan is one of the most powerful characters in cinematic history. Not even the looney toon-esque characters like the Mask can touch Manhattan.

Only people like God from "Bruce Almighty" can defeat him, but that's really only due to implied omnipotence.

Man I argued DM till I was blue in the face about DM vs Thor and they all scream Thor..

marwash22
link to the thread?

Supra
Nm, It was DM vs. Thanossmile

Epicurus
Man I argued DM till I was blue in the face about DM vs Thor and they all scream Thor..
That was on the comic book forums, and anyone with a lick of a sense would give comic Thor the edge over Manhattan.

It's like you don't even know the difference between the comic and the movie forums.

Supra
Originally posted by Epicurus
That was on the comic book forums, and anyone with a lick of a sense would give comic Thor the edge over Manhattan.

It's like you don't even know the difference between the comic and the movie forums.

I take you on and off ignore because I continuously give you the benefit of the doubt there is a nice guy tucked away somewhere in there..am I wrong and I should just keep you on ignore?

Epicurus
I take you on and off ignore because I continuously give you the benefit of the doubt there is a nice guy tucked away somewhere in there..am I wrong and I should just keep you on ignore?
Playing peekaboo with someone who has humiliated you time and time again is never wise. smile

DrDeadpool
Thor is powerful , no doubt about it .
But the thing about Dr Manhattan he can control the sub-atomic world , that's like everything !!!! Durability of these superheroes depends on their
molecular structure of their body , molecules are hold together by something named Intermolecular forces !!! the strongest of this forces is Dipole-dipole interactions which requires two permanent dipoles in molecules !!!
With enough energy we can separate these molecules . but changing matter itself is a really dangerous work which requires ridiculous amount of energy and will release ridiculous amount of energy !! and we should have knowledge on sub-atomic world !! because electrons are the key to changing matter !! now if there is someone who can do that with using low amount of energy and can handle the energy that will release after the process , he literally can rule the world !!! that's why there is still so many nuclear reactors in powerful countries , however we know its dangerous result : Atomic bomb !!
Now Dr Manhattan can do that , the aim of every country in the world !!!
And he can do other things to !!! he can reverse Entropy !!! if you knew what does that mean you would know that there isn't really much treat to Dr from these heroes !! i wink

Supra
Playing peekaboo with someone who has humiliated you time and time again is never wise. smile

You only humiliated yourself when you resorted talk bad about my family.

Epicurus
You only humiliated yourself when you resorted talk bad about my family.
Your spontaneous nervous breakdowns across the various forums, ranging from the Movie VS Forum to the Comic VS Forum to the Anime forum, suggest otherwise.

Supra
Your spontaneous nervous breakdowns across the various forums, ranging from the Movie VS Forum to the Comic VS Forum to the Anime forum, suggest otherwise.

A ebreakdown, is a ebreakdown, means nothing, I usually walk away smiling debating with you guys, but when you take it to family and personal insults. Thats just bad form.

Epicurus
A ebreakdown, is a ebreakdown, means nothing, I usually walk away smiling debating with you guys, but when you take it to family and personal insults. Thats just bad form.
You conceding that you broke down on the internet like the little b1tch that you are is music to my ears.thumb up

Psychotron
Why is Manhattan so wanked here? He didn't do anything more impressive than Superman imo.

Impediment
Originally posted by KingD19
Manhattan changes Supes' organs into kryptonite.

Osterman rapes.

Hard.

marwash22
Originally posted by Psychotron
Why is Manhattan so wanked here? He didn't do anything more impressive than Superman imo. bermm

KingD19
Why is Manhattan so wanked here? He didn't do anything more impressive than Superman imo.

He casually manipulates matter. What is Superman made of?

Supra

He's made of Supermansmile

Psychotron

Yeah, sure. But just because he can blow up a few tanks or cities or whatever doesn't mean he can do that to everyone. Silver Surfer can manipulate matter, does that mean he can turn Hulk or Thor to jelly with a thought? No, of course not. I'm not saying Superman wins, but I don't think Manhattan is a god either.

KingD19
In the movies? Hulk nor Thor have shown resistance to matter manipulation either, so it's a possibility. It probably wouldn't happen, but there's a chance it could.

But fine, let's say Manhattan can't directly use his powers on Clark. He turns the air he's breathing into a gas form of kryptonite. He creates a filter that shifts yellow sun radiation to red. He has so many ways to hurt Clark and defeat him it's ridiculous. And as an energy being, how will Clark hurt him?

Psychotron
I'm not saying he would win, I'm just saying Manhattan can't just snap his fingers and turn Supes into a frog.

KingD19
He snapped his fingers and caused Rorscharch to explode into bloody chunks. There's more evidence Manhattan can effect him than evidence that Clark is resistant.

He crossed space and teleported to Mars in an instant. He created a gigantic structure on a whim in moments.

Superman has shown no defense against the massive matter manipulation Manhattan has shown.

marwash22
frequenting vs. forums made me realize how many people don't actually comprehend what they see/read.

0mega Spawn
Do you seriously believe the shyt you're saying, Supra?

I'm not saying he would win, I'm just saying Manhattan can't just snap his fingers and turn Supes into a frog.

Why Not?

Psychotron
He snapped his fingers and caused Rorscharch to explode into bloody chunks. There's more evidence Manhattan can effect him than evidence that Clark is resistant.

He crossed space and teleported to Mars in an instant. He created a gigantic structure on a whim in moments.

Superman has shown no defense against the massive matter manipulation Manhattan has shown.

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Do you seriously believe the shyt you're saying, Supra?

Why Not?

Because Superman is a bit more durable than a nutjob in a mask. His body does many things that defy our understanding of physics. Again, I don't think he can win, because I can't see how he can put down Manhattan permanently, but it won't be as easy as you guys think.

marwash22
Because Superman is a bit more durable than a nutjob in a mask. His body does many things that defy our understanding of physics. Again, I don't think he can win, because I can't see how he can put down Manhattan permanently, but it won't be as easy as you guys think. Originally posted by marwash22
Manhattan blows people up by removing their intrinsic field (the thing that holds matter together)... it has nothing to do with telekinetically ripping them apart, so a character's durability is irrelevant.

Superman's body doesn't do anything that defies Manhattan's understanding; he literally has a working knowledge of the universe.

jaden101
This is bullshit

Stop crying and pick your toys up. The only reason this thread exists is cos you argued that MoS supes was better than Returns Supes and lost. And that MoS kryptonians could beat DM. They can't. Now you're trying to get leverage in those threads by seeing who loses in this. Stop being such a butthurt baby. It's no one else's fault you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Supra
Originally posted by jaden101
Stop crying and pick your toys up. The only reason this thread exists is cos you argued that MoS supes was better than Returns Supes and lost. And that MoS kryptonians could beat DM. They can't. Now you're trying to get leverage in those threads by seeing who loses in this. Stop being such a butthurt baby. It's no one else's fault you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

smile

Lestov16
Manhattan WTFpwns

Psychotron
Superman's body doesn't do anything that defies Manhattan's understanding; he literally has a working knowledge of the universe.

I ask again, do you see someone like Surfer, a guy who shits all over Manhattan's feats (what's his best one anyway? blowing up humans?), doing that to Thor? And if he was so godly Ozy wouldn't have played him for a fool.

Herald level characters can resist these kinds of attacks all the time. It may not be logical, but they do it.

marwash22
we aren't discussing comic characters, we're discussing movie versions of comic characters. What herald level characters have done in comics is irrelevant to this thread.

Psychotron
we aren't discussing comic characters, we're discussing movie versions of comic characters. What herald level characters have done in comics is irrelevant to this thread.

There's still no proof that Manhattan can affect someone with that kind of power. Just because you can blow up a normal human doesn't mean you can blow up a guy who can lift islands and travel at ftl speeds.

marwash22
The proof resides in the fact that Manhattan's ability to "blow people up" doesn't hinge on being able to overcome their physical body. He removes the intrinsic field around solid matter, making said matter fall apart on the the molecular level.

it does not matter how strong Superman's body is, Manhattan is basically pulling on the threads of his very being and making him unravel.

did you even pay attention when you watched "Watchmen"?

Psychotron
The proof resides in the fact that Manhattan's ability to "blow people up" doesn't hinge on being able to overcome their physical body. He removes the intrinsic field around solid matter, making said matter fall apart on the the molecular level.

it does not matter how strong Superman's body is, Manhattan is basically pulling on the threads of his very being and making him unravel.

did you even pay attention when you watched "Watchmen"?

Meh, who says Manhattan can manipulate a top tier's intrinsic field? Guys like Superman, Hulk, Thor all contain and radiate different kinds of energy than could possibly screw with it.

quanchi112
There's still no proof that Manhattan can affect someone with that kind of power. Just because you can blow up a normal human doesn't mean you can blow up a guy who can lift islands and travel at ftl speeds. You really lack comprehension don't you.

K-nite sure overcame his durability. Seeing Luthor and his band of misfits rough him up was indeed humiliating for this Superman.

jaden101
Meh, who says Manhattan can manipulate a top tier's intrinsic field? Guys like Superman, Hulk, Thor all contain and radiate different kinds of energy than could possibly screw with it.

Here's a likely scenario. Supes flies at DM. D M perceives it in slow motion. Turns all the matter around the place into kryptonite. Supes gets weak. DM removes his intrinsic field. supes dies.

There is only 1 scenario in which supes could win. Routh supes is a continuation of Reeves supes. So his feats can be applicable. Supes flies flies around the earth, turns back time to before DM is created in the accident, kills him as a human.

But even in that scenario, DM perceives time in a non linear way and can just instantly transport himself off the earth anyway.

Basically, supes loses.

NemeBro
Doctor Manhattan doesn't know Kryptonite's composition though, and Manhattan can only perceive time non-linearly, he can't act on what he sees.

Superman turns back time and wins though, you're right. thumb up

jaden101
Na. He tries, fails, dies. RIP Supes.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Doctor Manhattan doesn't know Kryptonite's composition though, and Manhattan can only perceive time non-linearly, he can't act on what he sees.

Except when he acts on what he sees in the present, like he did with his ex on Mars.

Do you even Watchmen, bro?

Psychotron

This works, and it's appropriately cheesy for Reeves/Routh.

quanchi112

Superman turns back time and wins though, you're right. thumb up Superman dies and he never ran back in time while in combat, sport.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Except when he acts on what he sees in the present, like he did with his ex on Mars.

Do you even Watchmen, bro? You've obviously never seen or read Watchmen. thumb up

DrDeadpool

No that wont work on Dr Manhattan , because he living the past , present and future altogether !! and he says time is a lot different than we preserve it !!

Psychotron
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
No that wont work on Dr Manhattan , because he living the past , present and future altogether !! and he says time is a lot different than we preserve it !!

He still can't affect the past. Supes can.

DrDeadpool
He can't affect the past because past doesn't exist for him, even if Superman go back in time and kills the Dr it would probably make another timeline or something !! And won't affect the original Dr.
And by the way, is he traveling to past with flying at near light speed !!!!!!!! that's So unscientific because flying at near light speed will take us to future !!!!!

Epicurus
Originally posted by Robtard
While I agree that DM wins this, that particular scene clearly illustrated that even Doc is confined to temporal predestination; i.e he cannot change the future even he can see it well in advance.

Psychotron
He can't affect the past because past doesn't exist for him, even if Superman go back in time and kills the Dr it would probably make another timeline or something !! And won't affect the original Dr.
And by the way, is he traveling to past with flying at near light speed !!!!!!!! that's So unscientific because flying at near light speed will take us to future !!!!!

Yeah, not like the ultra-realistic Dr. Manhattan, right? Supes can travel back in time, Dr. Bluedong can't. Deal with it.

Epicurus
^Name a single time-travel feat which Routh-Superman has performed under his own power.

Psychotron
^Name a single time-travel feat which Routh-Superman has performed under his own power.

Watch Superman I. Routh is a continuation of Revees.

jaden101
Yeah, not like the ultra-realistic Dr. Manhattan, right? Supes can travel back in time, Dr. Bluedong can't. Deal with it.

But it's only a localised phenomena. Won't matter if supes can turn back time on earth if DM can simply teleport away instantaneously.

Epicurus
Watch Superman I. Routh is a continuation of Revees.
So you don't have a single feat for Routh Superman wherein he reverses time?

Psychotron
So you don't have a single feat for Routh Superman wherein he reverses time?

There must be some problem on your end. Like I said, watch Superman.

But it's only a localised phenomena. Won't matter if supes can turn back time on earth if DM can simply teleport away instantaneously.

Teleport where? Superman travels back in time, prevents the accident, and Captain Ding Dong never exists.

marwash22
Doctor Manhattan doesn't know Kryptonite's composition though, and Manhattan can only perceive time non-linearly, he can't act on what he sees. incorrect. he CHOOSES not to act on what he sees. He can do it, he has done it... he doesn't do it because it creates alternate realities that eventually ripple to the point of destroying the universe.

Manhattan can see all events of his life, past-present-future... if Superman tried to go back in time to kill John before the accident, Manhattan could stop him, and since this is a forum fight where he logically wouldn't give a shit about creating holes in reality, he would.

so yeah, even the scenario where Superman is able to get away from Manhattan and kill his un-powered human form would not work.

Superman loses.

NemeBro
No that wont work on Dr Manhattan , because he living the past , present and future altogether !! and he says time is a lot different than we preserve it !! He sees the past and future and the present at once, he doesn't live there.

The thing is, in Watchmen time is an immutable, infallible construct that no one can alter.

This is not the case for Superman.

NemeBro
But it's only a localised phenomena. Won't matter if supes can turn back time on earth if DM can simply teleport away instantaneously. Superman flies considerably faster than Doc teleports though.

Also, why would Doc know what Superman is doing? He isn't omniscient, and his vision is explicitly clouded by tachyons, which move so fast they travel backwards in time.

... Just... Like... Superman. Oh shit.

NemeBro
So you don't have a single feat for Routh Superman wherein he reverses time? Superman I is canon to Routh.

Do you even ****ing lift?

marwash22
He sees the past and future and the present at once, he doesn't live there.

The thing is, in Watchmen time is an immutable, infallible construct that no one can alter.

wrong.

you clearly did not read the comic.

NemeBro
incorrect. he CHOOSES not to act on what he sees. He can do it, he has done it... he doesn't do it because it creates alternate realities that eventually ripple to the point of destroying the universe.

Manhattan can see all events of his life, past-present-future... if Superman tried to go back in time to kill John before the accident, Manhattan could stop him, and since this is a forum fight where he logically wouldn't give a shit about creating holes in reality, he would.

so yeah, even the scenario where Superman is able to get away from Manhattan and kill his un-powered human form would not work.

Superman loses. Get your Before Watchmen garbage out of this thread, it's irrelevant to the movie.

Also, if him choosing to do so destroys the universe he... Still can't do it you say? Good to know. thumb up

Doc can't survive the destruction of reality, can he?

Also, Superman is far faster than Manhattan, by actual feats. thumb up

He wins. Though instead of killing young Osterman, he saves him from becoming Manhattan. Because he's a nice guy. thumb up

NemeBro
wrong. Before Watchmen isn't canon to the movie. thumb up

And that you would even cite it frankly paints a rather unflattering picture of yourself, you stupid ingrate.

marwash22
in the movie he never once states that he is unable to alter events, he says he doesn't do it because the events he sees are going to happen (in one reality or the other) regardless of his actions.

marwash22
in case you're wondering, kids...

Neme is currently watching "Watchmen", feverishly trying to find a scene where Dr. Manhattan explicitly says he cant act on what he sees.

Supra
Manhattan cannot time travel and cannot change the future. Plain and simple.

marwash22
Sure thing Supraman.

NemeBro
in case you're wondering, kids...

Neme is currently watching "Watchmen", feverishly trying to find a scene where Dr. Manhattan explicitly says he cant act on what he sees. I was out eating dinner actually.

It wouldn't be that hard to prove, considering I've done so before. It just took a quick KMC search to find it.

"Jon Osterman: This is where we hold our conversation. In it, you reveal to me that you and Dreiberg have been sleeping together.

Laurie Juspeczyk: You know about me and Dan?
Jon Osterman: Not yet. But in a few moments, you're going to tell me.
Laurie Juspeczyk: If you already know the future, then why were you surprised when I left you? Or when that reporter ambushed you? Why even argue about it if you already know how this is going to end?
Jon Osterman: I have no choice. Everything is preordained... even my responses.
Laurie Juspeczyk: And you're just going through the motions? The most powerful thing in the universe is still just a puppet...
Jon Osterman: We are all puppets, Laurie. I'm just the puppet who can see the strings. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGj1zFxZMN4

Video doesn't work anymore, but I should be able to pretty easily find another one if you want.

Anyway, I've proved you irrevocably, 100% wrong, so I think it only fair for you to apologize for even trying to argue this with me, let alone being unjustifiably arrogant about it.

jaden101
There must be some problem on your end. Like I said, watch Superman.

Teleport where? Superman travels back in time, prevents the accident, and Captain Ding Dong never exists.

Supes doesn't travel back in time. He reverses time. It's not instantaneous. He's only shown doing it in a localised area i.e the earth. Manhattan would see him try it and teleport away from the area supes is reversing time.

Yes it's stated that DM can see the future but his responses as it becomes the present are preordained but that only applies to the Watchmen timeline. For the purposes of this debate you can argue either way. That it's preordained that supes reverses time to before DM was created in the accident and so can stop him but you can also say it's preordained that his actions prevent supes from reversing time and disintegrates supes

jaden101
TjgsnWtBQm0

This is the scene, for those who are apparently unaware.

Zack Fair
I'm with psycho and Neme. Hard to say he can actually make Routh explode. Sure is fun being OP super beings in a world without other super powered beings.

Still I think Dr. Manhattan will win it. If he even decides to fight back lol.

marwash22
I was out eating dinner actually.

It wouldn't be that hard to prove, considering I've done so before. It just took a quick KMC search to find it.

Video doesn't work anymore, but I should be able to pretty easily find another one if you want.

Anyway, I've proved you irrevocably, 100% wrong, so I think it only fair for you to apologize for even trying to argue this with me, let alone being unjustifiably arrogant about it. that's the same thing as this:

in the movie he never once states that he is unable to alter events, he says he doesn't do it because the events he sees are going to happen (in one reality or the other) regardless of his actions.

John is a slave to what will happen, so he CHOOSES to do nothing because it will happen one way or the other. If he does act on what he sees, it creates ripples, ripples that will destroy the world, ripples that will lead to whatever he tries to change happening anyway in another timeline.

again, not once does he ever say he CANT change what he sees. You know damn well he CAN. I'm 100% correct, and you're being a Quan, being stubborn, ignoring facts you know to be true just to argue the point because you don't want to admit you're wrong.

I'm not Robtard, I'm not gonna argue a point for 10 pages.

NemeBro
So what you're saying is that you have no proof for anything you say save your own heavily biased interpretation of what Manhattan said?

Manhattan clearly states that everything he does is preordained, aka, can not be changed.

Go ahead then. Run like the coward you are. I've won.

marwash22
k.

quanchi112
Neme is a flippin' and a floppin'.

NemeBro
Like a dolphin?

quanchi112
Like a dolphin? Gay dolphin.

NemeBro
That's a redundant statement.

quanchi112
That's a redundant statement. You're redundant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.