Perseus vs Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
From Mythology. Both can use the lightning bolt.

Q99
Since when did Herc have lightning bolts?

Anyway, Hercules is the top of the greek hero hierarchy, odds are he's going to come on top vs anyone.

AuraAngel
Perseus puts on his helm, turns invisible, and stabs Hercules.

If Herc has a way of preventing this then he wins. Granted Perseus could pull out Medusa's head.

KingD19
Originally posted by Q99
Since when did Herc have lightning bolts?

Anyway, Hercules is the top of the greek hero hierarchy, odds are he's going to come on top vs anyone.

He saw that new movie. The one without the Rock that suuuuucks.

And of course Herc has a way of preventing the stab. If Perseus gets all his gear, Herc gets the Nemean Lion pelt, which grants him invulnerability.

Kazenji
So its basically a movie verses?

let mods deal with this.

KingD19
Originally posted by Kazenji
So its basically a movie verses?

let mods deal with this.

Nah, it's not movie versus. I just don't think Supra knows in mythology they don't have the lightning bolt. That was reserved strictly for Big Papa Zeus.

Either that or he knows and doesn't care and is giving it to them anyway.

jmoul
Normally, according to some adaptations of mythology stories, the children of Zeus were allowed access to the lightning bolt, but only in extremely rare cases.

Now to compare Perceus and Hercules.
Tactics: Both were incredible tacticians, and both were undoubtedly brilliant according to the stories, but Hercules often was told to rely more heavily on strength than finesse, whil Perceus is described as having the greater amount of finesse than strength in battle. So these two factors seem to offset.
Armor: Hercules clearly takes it here, with the Nemean Lion pelt.
Weaponry: Medusa's head isn't really a weapon for Perceus, the only reason he used it to kill the sea monster in Argos was because that was literally his only way of killing the beast (it was not the Kraken, like Clash of the Titans portrays, but a sea monster nonetheless). This is a draw.

So just because of his armor, Hercules takes this.

Lastly, a slightly gross fact: Hercules is actually the son of Zeus and Perceus's great-great granddaughter. So he is the product of godly incest.

KingD19
I'm not even surprised. Would Hercules Hyrda Venom tipped arrows tip the scales? Or would they make it unfair?

jmoul
That just seems unfair. Hercules is already winning, so don't make Perceus suffer any more than necessary.

AuraAngel
How does Hercules find a guy he can't see and who can fly?

And why is the Nemean Lion Pelt fair but not the Medusa Head? Perseus used it several times. It eventually becomes part of his shield when he gives it to Athena.

ares834
Hercules has fought far worse foes than an invisible man. Medusa's head is the only way I can Perseus winning. ANd f course, he has absolutely no chance if this is Hercules at his greatest.

Yamcha
I just envisioned like Herc becoming overconfident and tossing his pelt aside and then Perseus smirks and goes invisible and Hercules is like "WH..WHAT?! WHAT IS THE VILE MAGIC?!" and Perseus flips over him and rams his sword into his abdomen and laughs and then he goes to pull it out and is like "WH..WHAT?! It's like trying to pull my sword from a mountain of muscle I..." and Herc clenches his arm with both hands like "HAH, I got you now you agile monkeybat." and renders his arm useless by crushing it and delievring a headbutt sending Perseus flying and as Perseus flies across the ground he flips backwards and wipes the blood from his lips looking around like "WHERE DID HE GO?!" and Herc used his Hulkish leg muscles to leap in the air in front of the sun and thus blinding Perseus when he looked up, but being so agile he rolls out of the way before Herc lands his destructive muscular dive bomb and Perseus thinks he got away when Herc has him by the ankle then pulls him up and locks his massive tree like arms around his waist to deliver a German suplex that splits the continent they're fighting on as Perseus's eyes go white and he hacks up blood, resulting in the victory for Herc.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by ares834
Hercules has fought far worse foes than an invisible man. Medusa's head is the only way I can Perseus winning. ANd f course, he has absolutely no chance if this is Hercules at his greatest.

I'm sure he has.

Now what will he actually do to fight someone he can't see and who wears Hermes' fast shoes?

jmoul
Originally posted by AuraAngel
How does Hercules find a guy he can't see and who can fly?

And why is the Nemean Lion Pelt fair but not the Medusa Head? Perseus used it several times. It eventually becomes part of his shield when he gives it to Athena.

I didn't really say Medusa's head was unfair, just that it wasn't *technically* a weapon, but my ruling on this means nothing, it's not my thread and I'm not a moderator.

AuraAngel
It really does come down to if he can use it lol. Both the Pelt and the head are hideously overpowered. If Perseus has the Head he will win. If he doesn't and Hercules has the Pelt then Perseus has no chance.

Take away both and it really becomes the fast invisible guy vs the really really strong guy. And I'm not implying Perseus can win this with a single stab cause Herc is hella durable.

ares834
Did Perseus's sandals actually give him super speed? In all the versions I recall, they merely allowed him to fly.

AuraAngel
Well they're Hermes shoes and Hermes is pretty fast.

jmoul
Hermes is also a god, so there is that added bonus for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.