Thanos VS THE WORTHY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos

VS

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110710232329/marveldatabase/images/0/0a/Marvel_the_worthy.jpg

Madness or Mallets?

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
yes

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Madness or Mallets?
Madness every time.

pym-ftw
Maybe if you had posted a pic of Thanos this wouldn't feel like a bait thread.

Edge Worthy but Thanos can take some.

celeyhyga17
Thanos > Mallets

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/Opurum/energy18bb3.jpg

ODG
This thread has been done before and the only reasonable conclusion remains the same: Thanos has done nothing to suggest he could defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ODG
This thread has been done before and the only reasonable conclusion remains the same: Thanos has done nothing to suggest he could defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos is pretty powerful and ridiculously durable but common, how the hell is he getting anything but stomped here?

One-Punch
http://i42.tinypic.com/xdb8ty.png

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
This thread has been done before and the only reasonable conclusion remains the same: Thanos has done nothing to suggest he could defeat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously.

thumb up

Supra
Thanos laughslaughing out loud

DarkSaint85
A weakened, injured Thor was enough to beat 2 Worthy.

An enraged, healthy Thor should be able to beat 4 Worthy.

But Thanos > an enraged, healthy Thor. Twice as powerful? Perhaps. He couldn't even scratch him.

Thanos is a match for 8 of these Worthy. The maths stack up.

Estacado
^
thumb up
Lulz at 8 Thor level threats Angrir got 1 shoted by Thor and he was like one of the more powerful Worthy.

Insane Titan
Who did the worthy actually beat of note?

Igniz
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Who did the worthy actually beat of note?

They were just causing mass chaos and fear in order to Revitalize Their master the Serpent.The Serpent's enchantment seems to give anyone who became the Worthy a Thor like amp.Thing/Angrir was able to beat the Red Hulk.Normally, Red Hulk would reduce regular Thing into pebbles.And Thing/Angrir seems to be the weakest of the Worthies.Hulk/Nul and Kuurth/Cain seems to be the most powerful of the Worthies.I'll probably say Thanos will beat the other Worthies but goes down in the end.The numbers gain will eventually overcome Thanos.

pym-ftw
I'd put greithoth/creel at that same level

basilisk
Yeah Creel was up there. Kuurth was I think the most powerful overall.

Eight hammers is a lot on top of the power of Kuurth and a Hulk. I would definitely give the Worthy the edge here and would say they can win some and stalemate the rest, because I don't think Thanos has was it takes to put Kuurth down.

DarkSaint85
It's really Kuurth's fight to lose. The rest could be BFRed, for example.

pym-ftw
Creel & Titania came back from a bfr somehow.

DarkSaint85
Did they? I forgot that. I may have chalked it up to timey-wimey ish Pym shenanigans.....

pym-ftw
Pym/QS pulled the academy kids out and then the pocket collapsed. Not sure how creel & Titania got out, unless they just Hyperion'd their way out.

StiltmanFTW
No way Thanus wins this.

The Sorrow
The Worthy come out worthy winners.

Thor technically beat two of them but although he would have killed Thing/Angrir, Nul was really only just getting started. Thanos would have his hands full with just Kuurth and Nul let alone another phucking 6 hammer wielders who were pretty much all stomping teams at one point or another.

pym-ftw
I've never understood trying to lowball the worthy with the argument that Thor beat 2 of them. Thor also beat a skyfather that Odin was afraid of in that arc, was it derpy sure but everyone has arcs like that.

StiltmanFTW
Thing always reeks of fail, Hulk only got bfr'd and that last effort nearly cost Thor his life.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thing always reeks of fail, Hulk only got bfr'd and that last effort nearly cost Thor his life.
Thor was WOUNDED when he fought TWO of the most powerful Worthy.

He wtfpwned one and knocked the other into a new time zone.

Thanos would destroy all the Worthy.

pym-ftw
@Stilt
Ok? Agreed I'm not sure if we have a crossed wire?

Honestly I view the Worthy as Marvel's version of Imperiex probes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor was WOUNDED when he fought TWO of the most powerful Worthy.

He wtfpwned one and knocked the other into a new time zone.

Thanos would destroy all the Worthy.

He was? I've read FI of course (kinda regretting it, btw), but honestly don't remember.

No, Thanus wouldn't.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Estacado
^
thumb up
Lulz at 8 Thor level threats Angrir got 1 shoted by Thor and he was like one of the more powerful Worthy.

Everyone knows that was PURE horsesh!t

DarkSaint85
He was? I've read FI of course (kinda regretting it, btw), but honestly don't remember.

No, Thanus wouldn't.

Yeah, he had a rainbow gash in his stomach, was an indrect result of teenage Loki's trickery.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by pym-ftw
@Stilt
Ok? Agreed I'm not sure if we have a crossed wire?

Honestly I view the Worthy as Marvel's version of Imperiex probes.

Was just adding my two cents, you said every character has ridiculous moments like that, I went on how the showing wasn't that impressive in the first place.

The Sorrow
thumb up

IIRC Thor was only struck 2-3 times throughout the encounter as well. Worthy were definitely formidable, and Thing nearly being killed shouldn't bring down the rest of the group.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow
thumb up

IIRC Thor was only struck 2-3 times throughout the encounter as well. Worthy were definitely formidable, and Thing nearly being killed shouldn't bring down the rest of the group.

He WAS wounded, wasn't he? And had just come off fighting the Serpent, and Silver Surfer just before that as well.

carver9
Thor was wounded but he didn't show any signs of it either. Serpent bfred him, that shouldn't have had a toll on his power level. Angrir did get cheap shotted though and Nul didn't even fight, he basically withstood everything an enraged Thor threw at him.

One-Punch
I guess fighting 8 children would be rather annoying, especially if one of them (Kuurth) hit puberty.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Igniz
They were just causing mass chaos and fear in order to Revitalize Their master the Serpent.The Serpent's enchantment seems to give anyone who became the Worthy a Thor like amp.Thing/Angrir was able to beat the Red Hulk.Normally, Red Hulk would reduce regular Thing into pebbles.And Thing/Angrir seems to be the weakest of the Worthies.Hulk/Nul and Kuurth/Cain seems to be the most powerful of the Worthies.I'll probably say Thanos will beat the other Worthies but goes down in the end.The numbers gain will eventually overcome Thanos. I read the the arc briefly , if the best any of them did was beat Red Hulk that's no great shakes tbh

abhilegend
Yeah for all that hype, they didn't beat a single high herald. Attuma looked good against Surfer/Strange/Namor but it was more of a low showing for them rather than a high showing for Attuma since Namor looked better than Surfer which is laughable. Kuurth was the most impressive of them all and all he faced was a bunch of meta characters along with Magneto and Colossusnaut.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor looked better than Surfer which is laughable.

Not really. Surfer always finds new ways to embarrass himself, while Namor is just awesome.

One-Punch
Awesome indeed.
http://s14.postimg.org/gy8ybul6l/Namor1.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/6ganxbijz/Namor2.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

But Thanos > an enraged, healthy Thor. Twice as powerful? Perhaps. He couldn't even scratch him.

Thanos is a match for 8 of these Worthy. The maths stack up.

That's very simplified reasoning. Thor barely beat the two Worthy and it was those once in a life time showings. I would give Thor like 1-2/10 in a forum fight against those odds.

Thor isn't beating 4 Worthy. no expression I really hate you for making me point out Thor's limitations.

Again, this is some faulty reasoning.

Thanos looked noticeably superior to Thor in their latest fight so yes, he should treat Angrir in a similar manner. I'd say Thor was ultimately outclassed by Nul similar to Thanos, although probably to a lesser degree. If he goes for a direct assault, I can see him beating those two but once you add in anyone aside from like Sin, he's going down. Especially if it's someone like Juggernaut or Absorbing Man who can turn the tides nearly instantly.

^
thumb up

Angrir WAS Thor level, at one point he was even scanned for his power levels. It's true, Mjolnir often hits just as hard as Thor's fists but sometimes it hits A LOT harder, like a Skyfather enchanted weapon should hit. Under that same writer, Mjolnir tore a hole through Skurge who IIRC came off with more of a strength advantage against Thor than Thanos did. In another instance, he one shot atomized Ulik who was probably more or less Thor level with that amp as well. Another two things I can't see Thanos -or even Thor for that matter- accomplishing.

Not to mention it was the return enchantment and that shit can be pretty uber depending on Thor's will or whatever.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by carver9
Thor was wounded but he didn't show any signs of it either. Serpent bfred him, that shouldn't have had a toll on his power level. Angrir did get cheap shotted though and Nul didn't even fight, he basically withstood everything an enraged Thor threw at him.

If put the hand in the place where he was hurted before pass out is not a sign, i really have no idea what would be.

Khazra Reborn
The thing that kind of bothered me about the Thor vs. Nul/Angrir fight was Thor wasn't just wounded, he was mortally wounded with a localized space time tear in his abdomen.

If they were all on par with Thor, the two most powerful Worthy should have murdered him.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah for all that hype, they didn't beat a single high herald. Attuma looked good against Surfer/Strange/Namor but it was more of a low showing for them rather than a high showing for Attuma since Namor looked better than Surfer which is laughable. Kuurth was the most impressive of them all and all he faced was a bunch of meta characters along with Magneto and Colossusnaut.
And even with Kuurth, the most important was Cytorrak's enchantment. Once he withdrew that, it was lights out for him. He was gonna be straight up killed by that "rune explosion" if the Serpent didn't teleport him away at the last instant. Colossnaut tanked that blast just fine.

leonidas
i am the last one to be called a thanos fan, but recently, when was the last time we even saw thanos in trouble against someone in direct battle? he pretty much humiliated hulk with one shot then had one of his generals take him out in infinity. thor's lightning didn't even tickle him and he beat thor like a child also in infinity. he withstood, effortlessly, what, THREE direct screams from black bolt, when one indirect one pretty much owned the illuminati. even strange barely handled one..... forget how in the past he lasted nearly a whole book against tyrant, who in turn owned bill+glads+ss+..... with little effort. not to mention how he's treated thor's hammer in the past, stopping it cold. the evidence is as clear as can be to me--thanos is WELL above the herald level.

i'm not sure how thanos would take out kurrth, but his bones could be broken, so, who knows. i have no clue how the team would take HIM out. i'd DEF say he could hold his own against them and take most of them. i'd not have that before infinity, but that arc reaffirmed what marvel thinks of thanos, imo. they might take him in the end, but most would die and i def think it would take all of them to win this, if they could.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
i am the last one to be called a thanos fan, but recently, when was the last time we even saw thanos in trouble against someone in direct battle? he pretty much humiliated hulk with one shot then had one of his generals take him out in infinity. thor's lightning didn't even tickle him and he beat thor like a child also in infinity. he withstood, effortlessly, what, THREE direct screams from black bolt, when one indirect one pretty much owned the illuminati. even strange barely handled one..... forget how in the past he lasted nearly a whole book against tyrant, who in turn owned bill+glads+ss+..... with little effort. not to mention how he's treated thor's hammer in the past, stopping it cold. the evidence is as clear as can be to me--thanos is WELL above the herald level.

i'm not sure how thanos would take out kurrth, but his bones could be broken, so, who knows. i have no clue how the team would take HIM out. i'd DEF say he could hold his own against them and take most of them. i'd not have that before infinity, but that arc reaffirmed what marvel thinks of thanos, imo. they might take him in the end, but most would die and i def think it would take all of them to win this, if they could.
Yep.
Really hard for me to see this team beating Thanos. It's pretty much one after another showing that portrays him as a herald punker.

During Thanos Imperative, he outright beat the shiet out of Lord Mar-vell for kicks. This is a guy who atomized a trans char(Magus) with utter ease as well as horrifically embarrass heralds like Nova Prime and Silver Surfer(one of the definitive high heralds).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor isn't beating 4 Worthy. no expression I really hate you for making me point out Thor's shortcomingsr.

My work here is done.

h1a8

Thanos is a match for 8 of these Worthy. The maths stack up. all worthy are not equal. Thus your math sucks. Kuurth would beat Thanos alone.

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
Kuurth would beat Thanos alone.
You terrify me.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
Awesome indeed.
http://s14.postimg.org/gy8ybul6l/Namor1.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/6ganxbijz/Namor2.jpg
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
all worthy are not equal. Thus your math sucks. Kuurth would beat Thanos alone.

Check it again.

leonidas
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yep.
Really hard for me to see this team beating Thanos. It's pretty much one after another showing that portrays him as a herald punker.

During Thanos Imperative, he outright beat the shiet out of Lord Mar-vell for kicks. This is a guy who atomized a trans char(Magus) with utter ease as well as horrifically embarrass heralds like Nova Prime and Silver Surfer(one of the definitive high heralds).

now that i think of it, was there a recent avengers arc where thanos didn't look so great...? where he got the fake cube? i think it was THAT arc that made me think thanos had maybe taken a step back. but the infinity stuff, and his appearances since that avengers arc, seem to reaffirm his position imo. i can get why people would think the worthy win--espeically given kurrth, whose showing against hope was pretty solid, and his demon showing vs rulk--but i think a case can def be made that thanos can take this given his showings and feats. i'm not 100% sure who would walk away, but i am 100% sure that thanos would give them total hell and take several with him at the least.

celeyhyga17
now that i think of it, was there a recent avengers arc where thanos didn't look so great...? where he got the fake cube? i think it was THAT arc that made me think thanos had maybe taken a step back. but the infinity stuff, and his appearances since that avengers arc, seem to reaffirm his position imo. i can get why people would think the worthy win--espeically given kurrth, whose showing against hope was pretty solid, and his demon showing vs rulk--but i think a case can def be made that thanos can take this given his showings and feats. i'm not 100% sure who would walk away, but i am 100% sure that thanos would give them total hell and take several with him at the least.
Funny thing is that showing had Thanos fighting the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Fantastic Four. This was also after he hurt himself with the faux cube.

Insane Titan
now that i think of it, was there a recent avengers arc where thanos didn't look so great...? where he got the fake cube? i think it was THAT arc that made me think thanos had maybe taken a step back. but the infinity stuff, and his appearances since that avengers arc, seem to reaffirm his position imo. i can get why people would think the worthy win--espeically given kurrth, whose showing against hope was pretty solid, and his demon showing vs rulk--but i think a case can def be made that thanos can take this given his showings and feats. i'm not 100% sure who would walk away, but i am 100% sure that thanos would give them total hell and take several with him at the least. in the Avengers arc the fake cube weakend Thanos.

Tbf people over react about showing as when you look at the arcs before and after (Annihilation and Imperative) Thanos looked strong as always

zopzop
Funny thing is that showing had Thanos fighting the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Fantastic Four. This was also after he hurt himself with the faux cube.
Shhh, stop ruining this thread by putting things in context. wink

Groot! Hawkeye! Tooth! roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas

okay, cool. i really didn't want to go back and look through the whole thing. anyway, like i said, regardless, i still think thanos has again firmly established his level in the eyes of marvel. not sure precisely where that level is, but it's a lot higher than any herald level imo.

h1a8
okay, cool. i really didn't want to go back and look through the whole thing. anyway, like i said, regardless, i still think thanos has again firmly established his level in the eyes of marvel. not sure precisely where that level is, but it's a lot higher than any herald level imo. it's not a lot higher but rather roughly 1.5-2x higher than most heralds. Some high heralds are better than Thanos in certain aspects. For example, Superman is stronger and faster, juggernaut is more durable, surfer is more versatile, etc. Thanos combination of power with intelligence puts him above high herald level,

Thanos still can be affected by non jobbing high herald level force.

As far as this fight is concerned Kuurth crushes his head in with his unstoppable hammer. This thread is spite.

Insane Titan
it's not a lot higher but rather roughly 1.5-2x higher than most heralds. Some high heralds are better than Thanos in certain aspects. For example, Superman is stronger and faster, juggernaut is more durable, surfer is more versatile, etc. Thanos combination of power with intelligence puts him above high herald level,

Thanos still can be affected by non jobbing high herald level force.

As far as this fight is concerned Kuurth crushes his head in with his unstoppable hammer. This thread is spite. care to tell me who kurruth beat that's around Thanos lvl

One-Punch
Magneto.

leonidas
blink

carver9
What did Thanos do in infinity that proves he can take on a team of this caliber? Lets see...

He punched Hulk (WTF) and Hulk bounced back up and was still capable of fighting at super speed.

He sucker shot Binary...Binary that was busy fighting Proxima (these fts are amazing so far no expression ).

He withstood a lightning bolt from Thor, withstood another one and fell to the ground from a hammer shot. So I guess that means Thor>Thanos>Hulk since he fell to the ground (which is what you all are saying since you are saying Thanos stomped Hulk by just punching him away...WTF man).

Thanos had a good durability showing during that run, that's it.

Nul ripped Adamantium to shreds and took over the entire vampire nation along with crushing Uru and withstanding charged hammer hits from a Thor that was trying to kill him (and also went super saiyan)..

Kuurth was breaking the bones of an ELITE while depowered. He also took on the entirety of the mutant race.

Absorbing man would be problem enough for Thanos, hell, he can become Thanos+ just by being in the vicinity of Thanos and the others.

Thanos loses this, hard and I could see a couple soloing.

Insane Titan
Magneto. wow that's bad ass lol.

I know h1 will go on implied power because of who Kuuruth was powered by, yet wont use the same logic to lord Marvell was was the avatar of the cancerverse god who Thanos stomped

h1a8
care to tell me who kurruth beat that's around Thanos lvl

He gets all of classic Juggs feats.
That means Thanos is not affecting him in the slightest.
Magneto has near infinite power over metal. He can rip adamantium to shreds or atomize it. Yet he couldn't stop kuurths unstoppable hammer. That implies that Cyttorak power on top of serpents power is magnitudes above adamantium. That proves Kuurth can end Thanos with just one hammer blow.

Full powered Kuurth is at minimum skyfather level. Depowered Kuurth is high herald level power in strength and durability.

leonidas
What did Thanos do in infinity that proves he can take on a team of this caliber? Lets see...

He punched Hulk (WTF) and Hulk bounced back up and was still capable of fighting at super speed.

He sucker shot Binary...Binary that was busy fighting Proxima (these fts are amazing so far no expression ).

He withstood a lightning bolt from Thor, withstood another one and fell to the ground from a hammer shot. So I guess that means Thor>Thanos>Hulk since he fell to the ground (which is what you all are saying since you are saying Thanos stomped Hulk by just punching him away...WTF man).

Thanos had a good durability showing during that run, that's it.

Nul ripped Adamantium to shreds and took over the entire vampire nation along with crushing Uru and withstanding charged hammer hits from a Thor that was trying to kill him (and also went super saiyan)..

Kuurth was breaking the bones of an ELITE while depowered. He also took on the entirety of the mutant race.

Absorbing man would be problem enough for Thanos, hell, he can become Thanos+ just by being in the vicinity of Thanos and the others.

Thanos loses this, hard and I could see a couple soloing.

lol

forgetting about how he stood 3 direct scream from bolt (one of them took down the illuminati) then shut him up by.....PALMING HIS HEAD?? yeah, no clear indication of power there....

he bounced hulk (in mid-blitz and PLENTY po'd....) through the entire stone city, then let his generals end him. same hulk who solo'd a builder. as did thor. implications of power are transparent here, seriously.

and thor NEVER dropped thanos for even a moment. wth? he DID catch thor's hammer then do this:

https://imageshack.com/i/0ecekvj

https://imageshack.com/i/0hox59j

that's thor and hyperion being blown around like leaves. and thanos had barely begun. the only thing they did was pi$$ him off. thane saved all their lives. he was never, at any point, threatened by any of them. even the lightning was made fun of, and we know what that has done to hulk..... again, clearly implied relative power levels are and were on display.

he's taken full power blasts from ss--yet you think he needed to back attack.....binary?? c'mon.

stop lowballing, please. ripping a net is sort of cool and all, but meaningless in this fight. kurrth would last longest for sure, but no way he has firepower to really even harm a guy who take's the maker's best shot. soloing? you must be kidding me.... it's that kind of nonsense that gets you in trouble with pr....

DarkSaint85
Not to mention, Thor's armour was all ripped up from the blasts.....which doesn't usually happen.

LordofBrooklyn
Not to mention, Thor's armour was all ripped up from the blasts.....which doesn't usually happen.

It was weakened from improper dry cleaning.

Colossus-Big C
Thor has beaten countless people more powerful than himself.
Even did more damage to celestials that Odin+Zeus teamed up

Insane Titan
He gets all of classic Juggs feats.
That means Thanos is not affecting him in the slightest.
Magneto has near infinite power over metal. He can rip adamantium to shreds or atomize it. Yet he couldn't stop kuurths unstoppable hammer. That implies that Cyttorak power on top of serpents power is magnitudes above adamantium. That proves Kuurth can end Thanos with just one hammer blow.

Full powered Kuurth is at minimum skyfather level. Depowered Kuurth is high herald level power in strength and durability. classic jugs has been effected by less than Thanos many times and can be mind raped.

Thanos stopped Thor's hammer with a simple hand gesture and has blocked Fallen One charging at light speed so stopping the hammer won't be a problem

Insane Titan
lol

forgetting about how he stood 3 direct scream from bolt (one of them took down the illuminati) then shut him up by.....PALMING HIS HEAD?? yeah, no clear indication of power there....

he bounced hulk (in mid-blitz and PLENTY po'd....) through the entire stone city, then let his generals end him. same hulk who solo'd a builder. as did thor. implications of power are transparent here, seriously.

and thor NEVER dropped thanos for even a moment. wth? he DID catch thor's hammer then do this:

that's thor and hyperion being blown around like leaves. and thanos had barely begun. the only thing they did was pi$$ him off. thane saved all their lives. he was never, at any point, threatened by any of them. even the lightning was made fun of, and we know what that has done to hulk..... again, clearly implied relative power levels are and were on display.

he's taken full power blasts from ss--yet you think he needed to back attack.....binary?? c'mon.

stop lowballing, please. ripping a net is sort of cool and all, but meaningless in this fight. kurrth would last longest for sure, but no way he has firepower to really even harm a guy who take's the maker's best shot. soloing? you must be kidding me.... it's that kind of nonsense that gets you in trouble with pr.... spot on and you're not even a Thanos fan

Colossus-Big C
Thanos is purple so hes gay

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Thanos is purple so hes gay

thumb up

SamZED
Pink and blue - gay. Purple is pimp.

StiltmanFTW
In Thanus' case, it's gay.

ODG
Originally posted by ODG
Why do people think Thanos can beat 8 Thor-level beings simultaneously? A herald-busting performance even greater than DP Tyrant's?

celeyhyga17
That's part of it. They're not all quite Thor level.

h1a8
lol

stop lowballing, please. ripping a net is sort of cool and all, but meaningless in this fight. kurrth would last longest for sure, but no way he has firepower to really even harm a guy who take's the maker's best shot. soloing? you must be kidding me.... it's that kind of nonsense that gets you in trouble with pr.... surfer often jobs. His power level isn't consistent. After annihilation he is much more powerful, blowing up planets without much effort, tanking Galactus level beings.

So Thanos not being affected by surfers blasts is both a low showing for surfer and not post annihilation surfer. This feat gets used a lot as a basis of where Thanos stands in comparison to surfer. A lie.

Surfer can affect Thanos with his board and black hole blasts. Some of surfers more powerful blasts (the ones that can destroy planets) can damage or hurt Thanos.

Thanos didn't slow hulk down with his hit. He just hit him away. This implies that Thanos would need many hits to put Hulk down. Everyone knows that Hulk when written well could beat Thanos in h2h but not in a straight fight.

h1a8
That's part of it. They're not all quite Thor level. some are above Thor.

ODG
That's part of it. They're not all quite Thor level. Thor-level =/= Thor's equal. Not all of the heralds that DP Tyrant stomped were Thor's equal either.

h1a8
classic jugs has been effected by less than Thanos many times and can be mind raped.

Thanos stopped Thor's hammer with a simple hand gesture and has blocked Fallen One charging at light speed so stopping the hammer won't be a problem it hasn't been many times and most of those times are PIS. Kuurth can't be mind controlled at all.

Thor's hammer is far from unstoppable as is fallen one. Kuurth hammer is, for practical purposes, unstoppable. Remember Mags can rip adamantium up yet he couldn't stop the hammer at all. That means the enchantment is stronger than adamantium itself.

leonidas
^that's..... an utterly ludicrous comparison. enchantment>adamantium?? wtf? and in the past mags HAS controlled the hammer, so there's that. i'm not going to bother commenting on anything else-deconstructing all that is more bran's thing. suffice to say most of it is wrong or an invalid way of arguing on the forum. but you've heard all that before, so, meh. believe as you will.

Igniz
I'm gonna post a scan about the Worthy according to the Watcher.Its from History Of The Marvel Universe.And no its not a handbook.Like the What Ifs, Watcher is doing a breaking the 4th wall feat.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/WatcherTalking073a.jpg

Again!I think Thanos can take some of the Worthy.But the numbers gain would eventually overwhelm him.The Worthies wins but with casualties at least.

StiltmanFTW
^that's..... an utterly ludicrous comparison. enchantment>adamantium?? wtf? and in the past mags HAS controlled the hammer, so there's that. i'm not going to bother commenting on anything else-deconstructing all that is more bran's thing. suffice to say most of it is wrong or an invalid way of arguing on the forum. but you've heard all that before, so, meh. believe as you will.

Kuurth's hammer was different, it was just as unstoppable as he was (at least when at FP).

Insane Titan
it hasn't been many times and most of those times are PIS. Kuurth can't be mind controlled at all.

Thor's hammer is far from unstoppable as is fallen one. Kuurth hammer is, for practical purposes, unstoppable. Remember Mags can rip adamantium up yet he couldn't stop the hammer at all. That means the enchantment is stronger than adamantium itself. Yes he has and you have no clue as to the instances im talking about, a Captain Universe not so long ago beat the crap out of Juggs. why is it PIS? because you say so or the fact you cling to one Juggs feat from ages and ages ago?

Whi said he cant be mind controlled or zapped.

Youre ABC logic is terrible.

comparing a enchantment to how durable adamantium is is pure stupis

leonidas
Kuurth's hammer was different, it was just as unstoppable as he was (at least when at FP).

yeah, i know. kurrth is the one who makes the difference here. hopefully though you're not tracking h1's "kurrth is a skyfather" schtick though. if you are, our e-relationship is over. no expression

abhilegend
Give stilt his ring back.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Thor-level =/= Thor's equal. Not all of the heralds that DP Tyrant stomped were Thor's equal either.
Agree, but hard to picture what they can muster to take out pruneface.

I'd bet on him outlasting them in a war of attrition.

ODG
Agree, but hard to picture what they can muster to take out pruneface.

I'd bet on him outlasting them in a war of attrition. Superior numbers and weapons on the level of Mjolnir, not to mention their own plot device powers enhanced by the Serpent's enchantments.

I wouldn't. Because that would be something beyond what DP Tyrant accomplished by about 2x, even while ignoring the facts that DP Tyrant previously drained those heralds, had an army of robotic automatons to serve as fodder, and had two of those heralds fighting each other.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Superior numbers and weapons on the level of Mjolnir, not to mention their own plot device powers enhanced by the Serpent's enchantments.

I wouldn't. Because that would be something beyond what DP Tyrant accomplished by about 2x, even while ignoring the facts that DP Tyrant previously drained those heralds, had an army of robotic automatons to serve as fodder, and had two of those heralds fighting each other.
I hate u... See now you're making me want to reread Worthy stuff just to refresh my memory. The only thing I remember quite well were stuff on Nul, Angrir, and Kuurth..

ODG
I hate u... See now you're making me want to reread Worthy stuff just to refresh my memory. The only thing I remember quite well were stuff on Nul, Angrir, and Kuurth.. You could do that. I'd also direct you to Nerkkod, who gave Namor, Surfer and others a fight they remembered.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol

He might have withstood the full of the first scream but after the machine was activated, a great deal of Black Bolt's power was drained.

I don't have a problem using that scene as an indication of speed or something but relative strength or something? He punched Hulk and all it accomplished was knocking him off his feet. It even looked like Hulk was smiling after the hit. I mean, I'm not denying it had to have packed a punch and clearly intended to show he was very strong but everyone already knew that.

Hulk never soloed a builder. It should be noted Thor used the return enchantment from behind to own the builder. Which is a fairly different tactic from something he used on Thanos.

I think he's talking about this scene:
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Infinity%206/infinity06k-_zps89a9765e.jpg

Tbf to Hyperion, he was already out of it. Thor seemed to be resisting. Obviously Thanos was very powerful and stronger then Thor (At least I hope he was because it feels like we're one story away from Beta Ray Bill palming Mjolnir or something) but things like this needs to be acknowledged or we go from one extreme to another.

And to be fair to the Avengers, one of the plot points was that they had come back from a long and difficult galactic war. It was even visualized in their ragged appearance. Just something to note.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's part of it. They're not all quite Thor level.

Doesn't mean they aren't Thor level.

The energies Angrir channeled were described as on par with Thor:
http://s29.postimg.org/g1t946r4z/Hulk_38_005.jpg

Strange pointed out that Nerkkod was channeling power unlike any they had ever faced:
http://s29.postimg.org/ujqgc6ig3/FITD_02_0010_copy.jpghttp://s29.postimg.org/dgj32xcdf/Fear_Itself_The_Deep_4_of_4_10.jpg

Each of the individual hammers were incredibly powerful:
http://s29.postimg.org/ewz6yt4o3/FITD_02_0009_copy.jpg

Sin is below Thor level for my money. Angrir, Nerkkod and so on are on the same level. Kuurth and Nul are above it.

Anyways, I have no idea how Thanos having the clear advantage over Thor in Infinity changes his odds in this thread whatsoever. He still gets completely wrecked.

ODG
Sin is below Thor level for my money. Angrir, Nerkkod and so on are on the same level. Kuurth and Nul are above it. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmmlmqL5n41qi4ns0o1_500.gif

Bentley
Angrir was wtf pwned by Thor when it came down to it.

carver9
He might have withstood the full of the first scream but after the machine was activated, a great deal of Black Bolt's power was drained.

I don't have a problem using that scene as an indication of speed or something but relative strength or something? He punched Hulk and all it accomplished was knocking him off his feet. It even looked like Hulk was smiling after the hit. I mean, I'm not denying it had to have packed a punch and clearly intended to show he was very strong but everyone already knew that.

Hulk never soloed a builder. It should be noted Thor used the return enchantment from behind to own the builder. Which is a fairly different tactic from something he used on Thanos.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Infinity%206/infinity06k-_zps89a9765e.jpg

Tbf to Hyperion, he was already out of it. Thor seemed to be resisting. Obviously Thanos was very powerful and stronger then Thor (At least I hope he was because it feels like we're one story away from Beta Ray Bill palming Mjolnir or something) but things like this needs to be acknowledged or we go from one extreme to another.

And to be fair to the Avengers, one of the plot points was that they had come back from a long and difficult galactic war. It was even visualized in their ragged appearance. Just something to note.

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Angrir was wtf pwned by Thor when it came down to it.

Stabbed in the back by Mjlonir?

Bentley
Stabbed in the back by Mjlonir?

Yeah, and it was pretty damn fast, and even as Thor was distracted by another enemy.

carver9
Yeah, and it was pretty damn fast, and even as Thor was distracted by another enemy.

So you call that being stomped? Surprise attacks? Who is your favorite character Bently? Is it Kang.?

leonidas

3 screams is still 3 screams. maybe the last 2 were somewhat lessened, still impressive as all hell. what attack, individual or collectively, compares with even one of bb's screams?

you're right about the builder. forgot it was an aleph he one-shotted. thumb up in any event, hulk was treated like a child imo, disdainfully. he got back up but it was clear he was considered little more than a pest imo. smiling? yeah, we'll disagree there. proxima ended him very quickly. if she could, pretty sure thanos could have done the same.

not sure where in the scan i showed that you can possibly say thor was resisting.....anything. he was even without his hammer.... he was literally cast aside like a leaf.

nor am i sure what needs to be acknowledged honestly. thanos utterly tanked 2 full on lightning blasts (who else has EVER done that?), took a charged smash to the head, then proceeded to palm thor's hammer and was about to kill him and the rest of the avengers. long battles? meh, that can be said too often to really matter. thanos himself had just taken bb's screams so....yeah. imo it was clear that thanos was intended to be WELL beyond all of the avengers, tired or not. i asked this before, but for people who think the worthy win (some who think the worthy can SOLO, or that it might only take 2 or 3) where has a herald or group of heralds been shown to be even remotely threatening to thanos? that doesn't mean he can take 1000 heralds. but 7-8? i think it is certainly a debatable point at the least.

tbh, i'd say thor himself was more powerful than ANY of the worthy, aside from juggs and MAYBE nul. if thanos can treat thor like that, i've little doubt he could kill most of the worthy before the accumulation of damage via attrition takes him down. i'd go as far as to say thor could kill any 2 of them aside from hulk or juggs at the same time. attuma had a decent showing but that had the air of defender jobbing.... thanos would kill a couple at LEAST as quick as thor could. each time one fell, the odds of them winning would drop. kurrth would be last, nul would prolong things, but i don't see either one being able to put him down. i know you'll disagree, but as i said, looking at his history, i just think it's clear he's well above this tier. you don't have to be a skyfather to beat a group of heralds.

h1a8
3 screams is still 3 screams. maybe the last 2 were somewhat lessened, still impressive as all hell. what attack, individual or collectively, compares with even one of bb's screams?

you're right about the builder. forgot it was an aleph he one-shotted. thumb up in any event, hulk was treated like a child imo, disdainfully. he got back up but it was clear he was considered little more than a pest imo. smiling? yeah, we'll disagree there. proxima ended him very quickly. if she could, pretty sure thanos could have done the same.

not sure where in the scan i showed that you can possibly say thor was resisting.....anything. he was even without his hammer.... he was literally cast aside like a leaf.

nor am i sure what needs to be acknowledged honestly. thanos utterly tanked 2 full on lightning blasts (who else has EVER done that?), took a charged smash to the head, then proceeded to palm thor's hammer and was about to kill him and the rest of the avengers. long battles? meh, that can be said too often to really matter. thanos himself had just taken bb's screams so....yeah. imo it was clear that thanos was intended to be WELL beyond all of the avengers, tired or not. i asked this before, but for people who think the worthy win (some who think the worthy can SOLO, or that it might only take 2 or 3) where has a herald or group of heralds been shown to be even remotely threatening to thanos? that doesn't mean he can take 1000 heralds. but 7-8? i think it is certainly a debatable point at the least.

tbh, i'd say thor himself was more powerful than ANY of the worthy, aside from juggs and MAYBE nul. if thanos can treat thor like that, i've little doubt he could kill most of the worthy before the accumulation of damage via attrition takes him down. i'd go as far as to say thor could kill any 2 of them aside from hulk or juggs at the same time. attuma had a decent showing but that had the air of defender jobbing.... thanos would kill a couple at LEAST as quick as thor could. each time one fell, the odds of them winning would drop. kurrth would be last, nul would prolong things, but i don't see either one being able to put him down. i know you'll disagree, but as i said, looking at his history, i just think it's clear he's well above this tier. you don't have to be a skyfather to beat a group of heralds. nul ripped through adamantium like paper and crushed his hammer. How is Thanos going to stand up to that level of power? Thor nor Thanos can't come close to doing shit like that.

What the hell is Thanos going to do to Kuurth? Kuurth can one shot him with that unstoppable hammer. Thanos fighting multiple beings guarantee he is going to get hit fast by someone. After that it is over for him.

Thanos can't beat Kuurth or nul. A better fight would be Worthy minus those two vs. Thanos.

carver9
Leo...

The Black Bolt scene was nice but lets not pretend like Thanos is the only one that withstood the scream. This same Bolt was a direct replica of the real deal, even have fts of ripping through space/time with his scream and he hit Hulk with enough force to knock a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island (which is greater than the Thanos showing going off destructive power).

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Mobile%20Uploads/snapshot17_zpsb80c25a5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11

Lol...Hulk is clearly smiling during this scene and I honestly don't know why you are impressed with it. No one is arguing that Thanos is unable to budge Hulk or any of the Avengers.

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/8800/f6hd.jpg

Also, Hulk being taken out by a plot doesn't have a thing to do with Thanos unless you have proof that Thanos can dish out the weight of a star.

Thanos didn't ko Thor though and just like I said, that was a great durability showing for Thanos, but that's about it. Him punching Hulk and withstanding attacks from Thor doesn't mean he is beating this team...not even close.

ODG
Lol...Hulk is clearly smiling during this scene and I honestly don't know why you are impressed with it. No one is arguing that Thanos is unable to budge Hulk or any of the Avengers.

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/8800/f6hd.jpg Hulk wore a sh1t-eating grin. It's really clear. Originally posted by leonidas
nor am i sure what needs to be acknowledged honestly. thanos utterly tanked 2 full on lightning blasts (who else has EVER done that?) Was it the number of lightning strikes that impressed you or the no-selling of the lighting that impressed you? Because foes like Radioactive Man, Iron Man, Juggernaut have tanked Thor's full-on lightning blasts before.

Sundipped
^ Maybe he was impressed with Thanos tanking 2 blasts with the intensity upped in the second one but still to no avail.

Bentley
So you call that being stomped? Surprise attacks? Who is your favorite character Bently? Is it Kang.?

So your point is that Angrir was surprised by Thor? That's a weak cop out if I've ever heard one, if Thor used a move and Angrir couldn't properly defend even if Thor was standing right in front of him, then it just goes to prove how inferior and much less durable Angrir was to begin with.

psycho gundam
Sin is below Thor level for my money. Angrir, Nerkkod and so on are on the same level. Kuurth and Nul are above it. greetings, brother rage

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
You could do that. I'd also direct you to Nerkkod, who gave Namor, Surfer and others a fight they remembered.
Doesn't mean they aren't Thor level.

The energies Angrir channeled were described as on par with Thor:
http://s29.postimg.org/g1t946r4z/Hulk_38_005.jpg

Strange pointed out that Nerkkod was channeling power unlike any they had ever faced:
http://s29.postimg.org/ujqgc6ig3/FITD_02_0010_copy.jpghttp://s29.postimg.org/dgj32xcdf/Fear_Itself_The_Deep_4_of_4_10.jpg

Each of the individual hammers were incredibly powerful:
http://s29.postimg.org/ewz6yt4o3/FITD_02_0009_copy.jpg

Sin is below Thor level for my money. Angrir, Nerkkod and so on are on the same level. Kuurth and Nul are above it.

Anyways, I have no idea how Thanos having the clear advantage over Thor in Infinity changes his odds in this thread whatsoever. He still gets completely wrecked.
Yeah so looked over Fear Itself.

Sin - did nothing worth notable
Skirn- look above
Greithoth - could be dangerous with absorbing powers, but Absorbing Man's dunce level intellect will be his downfall.
Nerkkod - seemed powerful at first, but he got his hand chopped off by a meta(granted he did regenerate it when he retrieved his hammer, but it lowers his stock).
Mokk - got his head sliced open by Tony (lowers his stock)
Angrir - showed well against Rulk (Rulk at the time was everyone's punching bag) and we all know what Thor did to him

Only two that would make this a close match is Nul and Kuurth. More so with Kuurth. Even then they haven't shown anything that can put Thanos away given what his shields are capable of and his historically retarded capacity to take punishment.

Don't get me wrong, the Worthy are legit heralds, but what have they really shown that can effectively take out Thanos?

Thanos on the other hand has feats of utterly embarrassing heralds through sheer muscle or outright power. It doesn't help that a few of the Worthy has had some less than impressive durability showings.

Estacado
Didnt Kuurth without Cyttorak got his ass kicked by an enhanced Wolverine?

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
Hulk wore a sh1t-eating grin. It's really clear. Was it the number of lightning strikes that impressed you or the no-selling of the lighting that impressed you? Because foes like Radioactive Man, Iron Man, Juggernaut have tanked Thor's full-on lightning blasts before.

IM absorbed it so that is different (or he did once, always funny his old armor does things his new one can't....) juggs is juggs. didn't know about RM though. but yeah, it was that there were 2, and that he asked for more. never saw that happen before. the power of the lightning does fluctuate from time to time, but in general it is usually pretty dern uber.

Bentley
Didnt Kuurth without Cyttorak got his ass kicked by an enhanced Wolverine?

Without Cytorrak Kuurth would be below Angrir level awesr

KingD19
Greithoth doesn't suffer from Creel's idiocy.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by KingD19
Greithoth doesn't suffer from Creel's idiocy.
Well during Avengers Academy, Creel's personality did start superceding the Greithoth personality.

Skirn even had to play shrink to make him refocus at one point.

carver9
We don't know what the enhancment did to Wolvy or what levels it put him at. Bad examples. Even while deoowered, he was still above Colossonaut, an elite. He was cracking his bones with 'get off me' punches.

carver9
Without Cytorrak Kuurth would be below Angrir level awesr

So you have proof that Angrir can break someone like Colossonaut bones with punches?

carver9
So your point is that Angrir was surprised by Thor? That's a weak cop out if I've ever heard one, if Thor used a move and Angrir couldn't properly defend even if Thor was standing right in front of him, then it just goes to prove how inferior and much less durable Angrir was to begin with.

Not saying that wasn't a beastly showing for Thor bc he performed something I can't see any Herald doing but, are you really going to tell me Angrir seen this coming? If yes, let me know what brought you to this conclusion. If no, what would you call that attack?

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4580/thorvshulkandthing3.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2695/thorvshulkandthing4.jpg

Branlor Swift
I could see Thanos beating any two, but all of them is just too much at this moment.
That might change if Thanos unamped kicks the shit out of the Annihilators, but right now it's just a numbers game.

Thanos is more of a one on one, two on one guy.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I could see Thanos beating any two, but all of them is just too much at this moment.
That might change if Thanos unamped kicks the shit out of the Annihilators, but right now it's just a numbers game.

Thanos is more of a one on one, two on one guy.
Aww come one. He deserves a little more credit than that.
I don't mind if anyone thinks he'd lose to this group, but I think he can take down much more than one or two at time.

Like I said, Nul and especially Kuurth make it close, but I'd bet on purple.

Bentley
So you have proof that Angrir can break someone like Colossonaut bones with punches?

Regular Ben Grimm can beat Colossus conclusively, so I don't see why Angrir would be inferior to Kuurth without Cytorrak backing. Angrir certainly has much Superior feats.

Not saying that wasn't a beastly showing for Thor bc he performed something I can't see any Herald doing but, are you really going to tell me Angrir seen this coming? If yes, let me know what brought you to this conclusion. If no, what would you call that attack?

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4580/thorvshulkandthing3.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2695/thorvshulkandthing4.jpg

I can see several Heralds destroying Angrir easily, heck, I see Terrax humilliating the guy. Why? Because the only thing Angrir achieved is dropping Rulk, which is something that a "lesser" herald (Wonderman) has done without any trouble.

carver9
Regular Ben Grimm can beat Colossus conclusively, so I don't see why Angrir would be inferior to Kuurth without Cytorrak backing. Angrir certainly has much Superior feats.

I can see several Heralds destroying Angrir easily, heck, I see Terrax humilliating the guy. Why? Because the only thing Angrir achieved is dropping Rulk, which is something that a "lesser" herald (Wonderman) has done without any trouble.

Angrir and Nul was stated as being the most powerful of the group and the others were team busters, easily. With that said, I don't agree with you.

Rage.Of.Olympus

While I think Ben should win, it would not by any means be conclusive and there physical stats are more or less equal.

Why would Kuurth be inferior to Angrir? He was noticeably more powerful then Colossus Juggernaut and was doing the kind of damage to a high end strongman that Thanos would envy.

no expression

Angrir absolutely decimated Rulk in close combat. During the same storyline that Bendis made it clear he was easily an elite strong man on the same level as Hulk and Thor. Fyi, at the end of the story arc where Wonder Man takes him out and proves to be stronger, we see Rulk and Thor arm wrestling equally. Not that this is worth anything on it's own, but with the other evidence such as during the Infinity Gems scene, it makes things evident.

Now, I'm sure certain people would love to spin it in a way that better represents their favorite but the truth is, Wonder Man was being portrayed as someone straight up above Herald level in that scene and would have probably overpowered either Thor or Hulk just as badly in that same situation. It is what it is.

carver9
Wonderman was doing some crazy crap during that scene. I think he showed teleportation as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus

There's no maybe. It was flat out said that activating the Bomb reduced Black Bolt's power levels to less then half of what they were. That is why the later screams were so pathetic in comparison to the first and were actively getting weaker. And the bomb was activated by the first scream and it actively converted sound into light power so even the power of the first one is questionable.

Iyo maybe, but this is completely subjective and the bottom line is, that Thanos punch did nothing but knock Hulk off of his feet. As a matter of fact, he smiled. There's better evidence suggesting Groot is above Thanos physically

What's there to disagree? Do you not know what a smile is?

Proxima trapped him under the weight of a Star and reverted him to Banner. If Thanos can do that, sure he could defeat him similarly, but I don't think he can.

ot sure where in the scan i showed that you can possibly say thor was resisting.....anything. he was even without his hammer.... he was literally cast aside like a leaf.

It looked like Thor was trying to hold his ground but this is subjective so agree to disagree.

I can think of some characters who have tanked lightning blasts from Thor. They like all things fluctuate.

It is worth noting however as one point was the Avengers being pushed to the brink and just not being able to cope with everything happening all at once. I'm not saying one particular battle weakened them or something (At least I don't think so). I'm saying that the culmination of their activities should be noted.

You really can't think of any instance when a Herald or a group of Heralds was problematic for Thanos?

tbh, i'd say thor himself was more powerful than ANY of the worthy, aside from juggs and MAYBE nul. if thanos can treat thor like that, i've little doubt he could kill most of the worthy before the accumulation of damage via attrition takes him down. i'd go as far as to say thor could kill any 2 of them aside from hulk or juggs at the same time. attuma had a decent showing but that had the air of defender jobbing.... thanos would kill a couple at LEAST as quick as thor could. each time one fell, the odds of them winning would drop. kurrth would be last, nul would prolong things, but i don't see either one being able to put him down. i know you'll disagree, but as i said, looking at his history, i just think it's clear he's well above this tier. you don't have to be a skyfather to beat a group of heralds.

He had a nice durability showing with the lightning but even that isn't anything above his older showings. I have no idea what about his strength or his output in that comic makes you think he could easily kill the Worthy or something when Hulk and Thor were unhurt by his punches more or less.

How is Thanos going to go about easily killing the Worthy? What about Infinity in anyway suggests that he can go about easily killing Heralds when that's exactly what he DIDN'T do? I don't even understand how this reasoning makes sense. Not to mention the Worthy have ridiculous healing factors.

And how the hell is Thor going to kill a couple of the Worthy members either? He'd get instantly wrecked by this team. You seem to be taking an extreme outlier (vs. Angrir/Nul) and applying it at as the norm or something and then taking it to a whole new degree with him facing this team. Worse, you seem to be applying Thor's high end showing retroactively to Thanos as a norm which doesn't make sense because Thor, specifically Mjolnir, can accomplish things in a certain way that Thanos cannot.

Bentley
Why would Kuurth be inferior to Angrir? He was noticeably more powerful then Colossus Juggernaut and was doing the kind of damage to a high end strongman that Thanos would envy.

Lack of feats? After losing the backing of Cytorrak Kuurth would just be an Amped Colossus. Eh, maybe I'm confused and a part of Juggernaut Colossus's power remained in the mix, in which case you can ignore my point. I'll gladly admit that Kuurth is one of the few threats that can take on Thanos from what we saw (though he did most of his stuff with Cytorrak)

Angrir absolutely decimated Rulk in close combat. During the same storyline that Bendis made it clear he was easily an elite strong man on the same level as Hulk and Thor.

Post-Absorption Rulk is nowhere near Hulk level nor Thor level, much less if we compare him with the going-all-out Thor that wanted to hurt Thanos and failed to do anything. These are established facts.

Fyi, at the end of the story arc where Wonder Man takes him out and proves to be stronger, we see Rulk and Thor arm wrestling equally. Not that this is worth anything on it's own, but with the other evidence such as during the Infinity Gems scene, it makes things evident.

Now, I'm sure certain people would love to spin it in a way that better represents their favorite but the truth is, Wonder Man was being portrayed as someone straight up above Herald level in that scene and would have probably overpowered either Thor or Hulk just as badly in that same situation. It is what it is.

No "would have"s here, I'll stick with things printed on comicbooks, this is the only way to actually discuss in these forums.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lack of feats? After losing the backing of Cytorrak Kuurth would just be an Amped Colossus. Eh, maybe I'm confused and a part of Juggernaut Colossus's power remained in the mix, in which case you can ignore my point. I'll gladly admit that Kuurth is one of the few threats that can take on Thanos from what we saw (though he did most of his stuff with Cytorrak)

I suggest you read his fight with Juggernaut Colossus after his depowering then. What? After losing his backing, Kuurth was clearly a lot more powerful then Juggernaut Colossus, he simply lacked the unstoppable enchantment then.

Post-Absorption Rulk is nowhere near Hulk level nor Thor level, much less if we compare him with the going-all-out Thor that wanted to hurt Thanos and failed to do anything. These are established facts.

Rulk took some lickings during Jeff Parker's initial issues but nothing to warrant this statement.

No "would have"s here, I'll stick with things printed on comicbooks, this is the only way to actually discuss in these forums.

Okay, then let's. Rulk when he first appeared in the Avengers was said to be tougher then Hulk. He was very clearly implied to the most powerful hero present (In a line up including Thor and IIRC Strange/Black Bolt), and took energy blasts from the Infinity Gems arguably better then Thor/Namor. That's only off the top of my head.

Yes, Rulk acquired some low showings but I don't understand how that somehow negates his ridiculous past or the fact that Bendis was treating him about as well as he's ever treated any Top Tier under his pen. Which is not saying much but still, worth noting.

Bentley
I suggest you read his fight with Juggernaut Colossus after his depowering then. What? After losing his backing, Kuurth was clearly a lot more powerful then Juggernaut Colossus, he simply lacked the unstoppable enchantment then.

I'd argue that Angrir was shown to be more powerful than regular Juggernaut Colossus, who up to that point wasn't really all that impressive. But if you have any particular showing to make you think there was any difference between Angrir and post-Cytorrak Kuurth I am more than willing to go with it.

Rulk took some lickings during Jeff Parker's initial issues but nothing to warrant this statement.

I don't see how Rulk would make it to their weight class at all after the battle with Angrir. M.O.D.O.K. pretty much clears up that absorbtion is the only deal breaker Rulk had against such an opponent. An opponent that was more than conclusively beaten by Thor.

I'm not going to dwell in that run's admittedly low showings. If I focus on the Angrir combat is mostly because the battles between Rulk and actual established powerhouses are far and between.

Okay, then let's. Rulk when he first appeared in the Avengers was said to be tougher then Hulk. He was very clearly implied to the most powerful hero present (In a line up including Thor and IIRC Strange/Black Bolt), and took energy blasts from the Infinity Gems arguably better then Thor/Namor. That's only off the top of my head.

His showing against the Infinity Gems was excellent, but power implications should be taken with a grain of salt when the feats don't back them up. I believe Rulk should be able to beat Namor in a good day though.

Yes, Rulk acquired some low showings but I don't understand how that somehow negates his ridiculous past or the fact that Bendis was treating him about as well as he's ever treated any Top Tier under his pen. Which is not saying much but still, worth noting.

Again, the best Rulk showings were pretty much retconned away by his power absorbtion abilities. I know he remains powerful and a sensible step above the likes of Colossus and Thing, I assumed that he was around Wonderman level before they had their brief skirmish.

I believe that Wonderman at his very best it's around -non-jobbing- Thor level, while Rulk at his very best -without absorbtion- is sensibly under that power level. This belief comes mostly from the fact that Rulk has not really beaten anyone in worth their weight in the top tier rank. There can be a gap between regular bricks like Colossus and Wonderman, Namor fits that gap perfectly, and I don't see why Rulk cannot share such ranking without it being an insult to the character.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG

For starters...maybe because they are 8 Thor level beings.. ya know.. because Thor killed 2 of them while injured and dying? If they were all thor level.. he certainly couldn't kill 2 of them while weakened himself to below Thor level. That makes zero logical sense.

leonidas
There's no maybe. It was flat out said that activating the Bomb reduced Black Bolt's power levels to less then half of what they were. That is why the later screams were so pathetic in comparison to the first and were actively getting weaker. And the bomb was activated by the first scream and it actively converted sound into light power so even the power of the first one is questionable.

the later ones were weakened. speculation that the first was. imo it wasn't at all. and it really didn't do anything to thanos anyway except drop the city on him. that single attack far and away was more damage than any of the worthy threw out--individually or collectively.

looking at the scan again, i guess he could be smiling. not exactly clear imo, but whatever. groot got one-shot ko'd by thanos in gotg....so.....

thanos>>>>proxima is what i'm saying. i've absolutlely no doubt thanos would kill hulk. but you're right, it's opinion. just not sure how anyone could question that at all.

holding his ground? we'll def disagree. it is at least equally plausible that the shot from thanos ko'd him. it def made him drop the hammer. caught up as he was in that growing blast it certainly looked like he was about to be as dead as the rest of them to me. that was after ONE shot. he took thor's lightning, charged strike, palmed the hammer and ko'd or nearly ko'd him to the point of defenseless. that is pure domination, and showed he was WELL beyond thor. the durability of the other worthy were questionable aside from juggs and nul. attuma had a hand chopped off. IM sliced up gargoyle. thing was killed without effort by thor. none of them have even CLOSE to the durability feats thor has. thanos could def take those guys out early.

odg brought up IM who absorbed it, and juggs who is....juggs. radioactive man did, but i've not seen the scan and i doubt he laughed it off and called for another....

and i don't think it matters at all. thor's been in FAR greater and longer battles. hype is hype. hulk never tires. and cap? meaningless.....

recently? nope. aside from the avengers arc where he was hurt/injured from the cube. you have one?

the way he dealt with thor for starters. the way he one shot black dwarf for another. i have no clue how you can look at the ONE time he punched thor in that fight and say thor was "unhurt". seriously? as i said, it could easily be argued he was ko'd depending on how you want to view the art.

you seem to believe they were invincible or something, or that they were equals of thor. they weren't. not imo. most certainly by feats they weren't. what attacks did you see that would take out thanos?

by the whole team? of course he couldn't beat them all. who said that? lightning strikes would def kill a couple if he really wanted to though. omniblasts could buy him time. bfr could buy time for him to do more, maybe kill another with more lightning or a return hammer attack. and NONE of that would be outlier material for thor. i'd say he could kill any 2 at a time so long as they weren't hulk or juggs. and i'd love to see what the lightning would do to hulk since we saw what it did to him easily in the past.

and you seem to be equating the worthy with thor when in reality they were not. and thor has repeatedly been shown to be far below thanos. none of the worthy have close to the feats of power with the hammer or the durability feats he has. thanos durability to just too great. i mean seriously--i know i don't have to go through and list his durability feats. he utterly tanks high herald attacks unnoticed. i'm not even calling on his tp (no reason he couldn't try and tp control one to help him attack the others) or his force fields. bfr would be an option as well to buy time. that's all of he doesn't just want to brawl it out. they would need to collectively pound him for a LONG time but if he is capable of taking thor out of the fight with one punch, stopping thrown hammers with a gesture, handling lightning and energy blasts on the level of odin and omega, he could def take out the worthy. hulk and juggs would be the issues here, but i have little doubt thanos could and would kill the rest.

i cannot believe i'm defending thanos of all characters here, but people seem to think of thanos as just a durable high herald type or something. he is far stronger than high herald, has far greater energy output and of course his durability is off the charts. when he first resurrected he wiped out an entire WORLD, primed with faith energies of the uct. if you know about the cardinals, you know that faith energy was pretty uber. he wiped out the whole planet effortlessly. he's matched power with the inbetweener and he seems to be more powerful now. i am likewise amazed that someone could think he could NOT make this a fight. going by just worthy feats, leaving all things thor aside, THAT stance seems to be the one that doesn't make sense imo.

pretty sure this will just degenerate into a thanos/thor discussion, or an imo/iyo circle, so i leave the last word to you knowing that it's not all that likely either of us will be changing our stance.

carver9
Just want to throw out there that Ronin one shot killed Black Dwarf and again, what Proxima did to Hulk doesn't mean Thanos can do the same thing unless Leo can provide scans of Thanos throwing around the weight of a star. So you saying Thanos>>>Proxima doesn't mean a thing. Continue Rage and Leo.

StiltmanFTW
Ronin

lol, that's one funny typo

One-Punch
Ronan killed Black Dwarf with a sneak attack from behind. This is while Black Dwarf was holding his own against Gladiator, Super Skrull, and Annihilus. If Thanos had fought Hulk (instead of having Proxima one-shot Hulk), there's no doubt in my mind that he would stomp Hulk as easily as he stomped Thor and Surfer.

carver9
Ronan killed Black Dwarf with a sneak attack from behind. This is while Black Dwarf was holding his own against Gladiator, Super Skrull, and Annihilus. If Thanos had fought Hulk (instead of having Proxima one-shot Hulk), there's no doubt in my mind that he would stomp Hulk as easily as he stomped Thor and Surfer.

Uuuummmm, Thanos snuck attack Black Dwarf as well. He didn't see it coming and the difference is, Ronan killed Black Dwarf whereas Thanos koed him. Not saying Ronin is stronger than Thanos but using him as a source isn't helping anything.

I will disregard your Thanos vs Hulk comment since it doesn't belong here. Don't want to derail the thread.

StiltmanFTW
Uuuummmm, Thanos snuck attack Black Dwarf as well. He didn't see it coming and the difference is, Ronin killed Black Dwarf whereas Thanos koed him. Not saying Ronin is stronger than Thanos but using him as a source isn't helping anything.

I will disregard your Thanos vs Hulk comment since it doesn't belong here. Don't want to derail the thread.

laughing out loud

carver9
laughing out loud

Lol...can you stop that Stilt. You knew who I was talking about.

Sundipped
Funny thing about this is what if Thane hadn't shown up. Thanos powered up DBZ style and we see Thor being blown back. The ownage by Thanos prior was a warmup IMO.

leonidas
thumb up

Branlor Swift
SS Thanos was about to end everything

One-Punch
Yeah, the mere act of powering up was blowing Thor and the other Avengers around like rag dolls. In fact, Thanos nearly blew Thor's entire costume off just by going Super Saiyan. Thor couldn't even stand up, let alone get near Thanos or mount an offense.

http://s24.postimg.org/5f79fwh8x/Infinity_006_037.jpg

ODG
Don't get me wrong, the Worthy are legit heralds, but what have they really shown that can effectively take out Thanos?

Thanos on the other hand has feats of utterly embarrassing heralds through sheer muscle or outright power. It doesn't help that a few of the Worthy has had some less than impressive durability showings. I think the more accurate question is what has Thanos done to support the opinion that he could defeat 8 Thor-level heralds simultaneously? Originally posted by leonidas
IM absorbed it so that is different (or he did once, always funny his old armor does things his new one can't....) juggs is juggs. didn't know about RM though. but yeah, it was that there were 2, and that he asked for more. never saw that happen before. the power of the lightning does fluctuate from time to time, but in general it is usually pretty dern uber. Iron Man would have just been empowered by a second lightning bolt even more. But Bleeding Edge Iron Man absorbed two of Thor's lightning bolts recently. He didn't do it easily, but that could just as easily be argued as having more to do with him trying to focus, calibrate and manipulate the lightning to transform a Pantheons-amped Destroyer Diablo. Also, I really don't think Juggernaut would have been much more affected by a second lightning bolt either. I mean, it was comical how easy he took the first one. And Radioactive Man did the same (not as comical, but just as easily).

ODG
While I think Ben should win, it would not by any means be conclusive and there physical stats are more or less equal.

no expression

Angrir absolutely decimated Rulk in close combat. During the same storyline that Bendis made it clear he was easily an elite strong man on the same level as Hulk and Thor. Fyi, at the end of the story arc where Wonder Man takes him out and proves to be stronger, we see Rulk and Thor arm wrestling equally. Not that this is worth anything on it's own, but with the other evidence such as during the Infinity Gems scene, it makes things evident.

Now, I'm sure certain people would love to spin it in a way that better represents their favorite but the truth is, Wonder Man was being portrayed as someone straight up above Herald level in that scene and would have probably overpowered either Thor or Hulk just as badly in that same situation. It is what it is. This. thumb up

ODG
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
For starters...maybe because they are 8 Thor level beings.. ya know.. because Thor killed 2 of them while injured and dying? If they were all thor level.. he certainly couldn't kill 2 of them while weakened himself to below Thor level. That makes zero logical sense. Thor-level =/= Thor-equal. But let's consider Thor's actual career of 2v1 fights. Thor defeated Surfer and Beta Ray Bill without nearly dying. Thor defeated Surfer and Adam Warlock w/SG without nearly dying. Thor defeated Loki and Fenrir w/ Mjolnir knockoffs in straight H2H without nearly dying. And Thor defeated Angrir and Nul but at nearly the cost of his own life. So really, I think you need to reconsider your assertions and take back your bald accusations about what makes "logical sense." Originally posted by One-Punch
Yeah, the mere act of powering up was blowing Thor and the other Avengers around like rag dolls. In fact, Thanos nearly blew Thor's entire costume off just by going Super Saiyan. Thor couldn't even stand up, let alone get near Thanos or mount an offense.

http://s24.postimg.org/5f79fwh8x/Infinity_006_037.jpg The other Avengers were already defeated by his Black Order. Beyond Thanos' cheapshot ambush that took out Binary, Thor was the only Avenger that Thanos really engaged in a straight fight. Give credit where credit's due, but let's not inflate what Thanos did there.

h1a8

http://s24.postimg.org/5f79fwh8x/Infinity_006_037.jpg

You guys are blowing things out of proportion. Thor's clothes were already coming off from the blow he struck Thanos with.

Blowing people away isn't much. These beings should be able to survive planet destruction or something close.

Bottomline: No one has shown how Thanos gets around Kuurth or Nul.
Either one of them would wtf pawn Thanos in little time. Thanos doesn't have the power to crush or damage Uru or adamantium.

Bentley
you seem to believe they were invincible or something, or that they were equals of thor. they weren't.

Leo summed up my argument perfectly here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Thor-level =/= Thor-equal. But let's consider Thor's actual career of 2v1 fights. Thor defeated Surfer and Beta Ray Bill without nearly dying. Thor defeated Surfer and Adam Warlock w/SG without nearly dying. Thor defeated Loki and Fenrir w/ Mjolnir knockoffs in straight H2H without nearly dying. And Thor defeated Angrir and Nul but at nearly the cost of his own life. So really, I think you need to reconsider your assertions and take back your bald accusations about what makes "logical sense." The other Avengers were already defeated by his Black Order. Beyond Thanos' cheapshot ambush that took out Binary, Thor was the only Avenger that Thanos really engaged in a straight fight. Give credit where credit's due, but let's not inflate what Thanos did there.

Big ODG.. you actually support my stance on the matter with the examples in your post. You see, Thor has said track record (forgetting some context for a moment) of fighting and defeating 2 herald level beings at once... First, the worthy don't have said track record for beating said heralds and the quality of said heralds. Thus, Thor by feats in above them.. so they aren't Thor level. Second, if Thor could defeat them while injured and dying... how on earth could they be Thor level. If they were Thor level.. by that reasoning.. they could also take out 2 Thor's at once.. like your examples illustrate. Yet, not only were they not able to take out one thor.. they couldn't even take out a dying Thor.. let alone two of them... So clearly, they aren't Thor level, not even close really. It's a difference between a high herald and a mid herald to low herald level. That is what we saw and why Thor was able to do what he was. In the examples you used Thor wasn't weakened or dying when he took out people 2 v 1.. here he was.. That tells you those Worthy were certainly not Thor level. I think it's you who should think about calling them ALL Thor level beings. Clearly, if they were.. he woudln't be able to take out tow of them while weakened.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by ODG
The other Avengers were already defeated by his Black Order. Beyond Thanos' cheapshot ambush that took out Binary, Thor was the only Avenger that Thanos really engaged in a straight fight. Give credit where credit's due, but let's not inflate what Thanos did there.
thumb up

One-Punch
Originally posted by ODG
The other Avengers were already defeated by his Black Order. Beyond Thanos' cheapshot ambush that took out Binary, Thor was the only Avenger that Thanos really engaged in a straight fight. Give credit where credit's due, but let's not inflate what Thanos did there.

Which part am I inflating? True, the Hype and the other Avengers were already hurt, hence why my post focused more on the fact that Thor (after having his head smashed into the ground) couldn't even stand up and was being blown away by Thanos' mere act of powering up. That was the part I was really emphasizing on.

h1a8
Which part am I inflating? True, the Hype and the other Avengers were already hurt, hence why my post focused more on the fact that Thor (after having his head smashed into the ground) couldn't even stand up and was being blown away by Thanos' mere act of powering up. That was the part I was really emphasizing on. Thor was also hurt from the punch. Blowing someone away isn't definite proof of anything. I seen Nefaria and DD and other characters blow whole teams away like fodder yet the big guns on the team can give them a fight.

The problem is no one has addressed how Thanos gets past Nul or even Kuurth.

carver9
I think we all know about Kuurth, no explaination needed...some of the Worthys had low showings but overall, they were formidable. Example...I dont think Thanos showed close to the strength Nul displayed...the strongest and was stated as being the most powerful of the Worthys. During his fight with Thor, the same Thor that withstood hits from Surfer with no pause, a single hit from Nul had Thor on the brink of his life...to the point that he needed healing from Odin.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/6373/thorvshulkandthing7.jpg

Thanos didn't generate close to that amount of force (again, this is the same Thor that brushed off hits from Surfer and ran through a power blast from Surfer as well).

The strength Nul displayed was above Herald class as well, hell, has a skyfather performed fts within this class in 'one' issue? The guy effortlessly ripped amped adamantium apart with one hand.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9397726/10-12-2011_15.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9397728/10-12-2011_16.jpg.html

And he crushed enchanted Uru like tissue paper.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9397730/10-12-2011_20.jpg.html

Backed by a team that consist of Kuurth and Absorbing man...this is a stomp imo.

leonidas
^for all that, thanos was the one who arguably ohko'd thor, something no hulk has ever come close to doing. and the power given off by that clash of hammers was a combined attack by thor AND nul, most likely hammer-to-hammer.....we saw what happened when thor ACTUALLY connected with a good shot. we also saw what happened when thor connected likewise with thanos. hell, we've seen the affect he's had on thanos while amped with the frickin power gem.

imo it just boils down to the fact that for all that we kept hearing the worthy were thor-level, i don't think they were. or not most of them. it is a fact that thor took on 2 (one hulk) and won while he was hurt, and to win, he....really didn't do very much. a return one-shot killed ben, and he bfr'd hulk with a strike (ko or not ko'd is up to the individual). the battle was short and sweet and thor had previously been through hell before that battle.

imo, that was pretty clearly intended to say 'while the worthy are tough, and have magic hammers, they are NOT thor'. it's not like he used a GB to end it, or some crazy, PIS hammer power--he showed up, injured, and won. i really can't see any 2 of the worthy beating him if he's actually going for a kill, unless you mix in juggs and i've readily admitted to not knowing how that juggs/thanos battle would go.

when i look at the way thanos dealt with thor (whom i again consider above all the worthy save juggs), and has dealt with him in the past, imo, that indicates quite clearly how far above this level thanos is meant to be. take into account the worthy's lack of uber impressive offense (especially when compared with the assaults thanos has faced in the past--seriously, his feats are pretty ridiculous and i think they bare reviewing for some....) and i'm not sure how anyone says it would only take 2-3 to drop thanos. i never said the fight would be easy, obviously, and i also said they MIGHT win, but the vast majority of them would die imo. juggs would be the real deciding factor. i do think he wins though, if juggs is absent.

agree or disagree at your pleasure. kinda fun arguing in favor of the purple guy this one and only time.....

Branlor Swift
Example...I dont think Thanos showed close to the strength Nul displayed...the strongest and was stated as being the most powerful of the Worthys. During his fight with Thor, the same Thor that withstood hits from Surfer with no pause, a single hit from Nul had Thor on the brink of his life...to the point that he needed healing from Odin. This happened immediately after Thor took a blast from the Serpent, and then got hit a few times by Hulk/Thing.

But yeah. ONE HIT

Using that logic, Thor one hit knocked out Nul.

carver9
Too many flaws in your post Leo. Like the injury Thor had during his fight against the Worthys along with Hulk not koing Thor (he koed him last yr). Let me get my scans together. Also, when did Thanos ko Thor, recently.?

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This happened immediately after Thor took a blast from the Serpent, and then got hit a few times by Hulk/Thing.

But yeah. ONE HIT

Using that logic, Thor one hit knocked out Nul.

Thor looked fine after the Serpent BFR blast.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4844/thorvshulkandthing.jpg

And you are correct, Nul hit Thor twice and the dialog Thor had against Nul is completely different than the dialog he had against Thanos. Thor actually felt as if he could beat Thanos but his words was different against Nul, along with his attack measures.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8383/thorvshulkandthing6.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver.. the point is THEY AREN'T ALL THOR LEVEL. This was made CRYSTAL clear when Thor beat TWO of them WHILE injured. If they were thor level.. there is no way Thor could take out two of them while injured. Usually that logic.. could you see one of them beating two Thor's? Obviously not, and the point is made clear when you reverse it like I've just done. They aren't Thor level and I odn't know what is so hard to understand about that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>