australia drunken violence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wilco
At the moment here in Australia, the politicians are deciding how to curse the drunken violence on our streets. 3 years ago, 1 bouncer before Christmas Day (celebration the Christmas period) he punch me twice while after I left the nightclub.

I was in a coma for 3 weeks (on life support) that's why I can't speech fully and also, write profoundly.

Anyway, the politicians and some Doctors have no idea how to confront the issue here in Australia. Young people are winding up dead from brain injuries.

They are saying "restrict the opening hours" Instead on last drinks at 3 am, what about education for 12-17 years olds at High School?

My Mother is an alcoholic and me too. My sister run away from home at 13 and she never returned until she was 15. Does my sister drink? F**k No!

It's education at High School. If you're drinking at 18 +....have a beer or wine and then have a glass of water....and so on.

Politicians and some Doctors, have idea at all. Most young people drink before they go out - as it's cheaper. Nightclub prices and even Pub prices are expensive!!

It's cheaper to buy at a bottle O and then drink, after go out to a nightclub.

Education for High School kids, that's the only remedy.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/tasmanian-medicos-police-call-for-an-end-to-australia-day-binge-drinking/story-fnj4f7k1-1226807268982

Jim Colyer
I was in Australia in 2002. The people were the friendliest I ever met.

wilco
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
I was in Australia in 2002. The people were the friendliest I ever met.

It's young fuel violence on the booze (drink).

We are friendly people, though certain parts in Sydney, Melbourne and the gold coast (nightclub strips) are out of hand. Kings Cross for an example.

For tourists at theme parks, boating, the beac,. the whitsundays and different venues (opera house) is great. No fights at all in those different parts.

jaden101
I blame the Scottish. Bunch of drunken, violent cvnts.

Genesis-Soldier
we do have a large drinking associated culture admitedly.

i don't like drinking beer because of my parents when they are drunk.

when i am drunk i am usally quite, if i am happy and have no current issues with my life i am happy, laid back, quiet drunk.

if i am not happy with my current life events i am a quite, to himself drunk- i have never at all been abusive or confronting.
i put that to my history as a kid

Wonder Man
I doubt it's the alcohol that leads to volience.

Flyattractor
A Coma for 3 weeks from 2 punchs?

Sounds like a typical Christmas party to me.

Unless its a family gathering then it involves knives and the Police.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.