Thor vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Thor is de powered

Bane gets no prep

They meet on the streets and fight.

Firefly218
Although conventional logic gives Thor the win, Bane has more impressive screen feats.

Bane wins

FrothByte
Originally posted by Firefly218
Although conventional logic gives Thor the win, Bane has more impressive screen feats.

Bane wins

Not sure if beating up on a limping, out of shape batman is that impressive though.

Firefly218
Originally posted by FrothByte
Not sure if beating up on a limping, out of shape batman is that impressive though.

Well when you put it like that...

idk, its a close one.

ares834
Bane breaks Thor's back.

FrothByte
It's hard to weigh in on this because the choreography in TDKR was pretty sloppy. At times it seemed as if Bane was pretty fast and skilled, at times he seemed slow and just a bruiser.

We do know that:

1. Thor is bigger and heavier muscled and is by no means slow.
2. Bane's pain tolerance will be a big advantage for him.
3. Bane's respirator is a big weakness if Thor ever breaks it.

I think it could swing either way, right now I'm leaning towards Thor due to size advantage and more consistent h2h feats.

COG Veteran
Thor punches his lights out.

NemeBro
Bane punches harder by actual feats, though.

Supra
Originally posted by ares834
Bane breaks Thor's back.

Assuming he can even lift Thor who is bigger then himself. He lifted a small old man. Thor is a Asgaurdian warrior and much bigger then Bruce.

I remember him calling humans weak and tiny.

NemeBro
Christian Bale is 6'0", and on average weighs about 181 pounds, but for Batman, he bulked up to about 190-200 pounds to play him..

Chris Hemsworth is 6'4", and 200 pounds even.

The weight difference is negligible.

Oh, and Tom Hardy also weighed 200 pounds as Bane.

Seriously, not much difference.

BruceSkywalker
Thor loses due to broken back syndrome

the end

Supra
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Thor loses due to broken back syndrome

the end

A weak batman vs a tip top shape Bane...hmmm fair battle right?

Destroyer failed to break Thor's neck.

Bane can't do it either.

Thor laughs at Bane's attempts to pick him up and roflstomps in the face mask.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
Christian Bale is 6'0", and on average weighs about 181 pounds, but for Batman, he bulked up to about 190-200 pounds to play him..

Chris Hemsworth is 6'4", and 200 pounds even.

The weight difference is negligible.

Oh, and Tom Hardy also weighed 200 pounds as Bane.

Seriously, not much difference.

Hemsworth is 200 lbs during his normal days... in which he's noticeably slimmer and less muscular than his Thor physique.

Zack Fair
Lets not forget Batman was wearing full body armor when Bane lifted him.

NemeBro
He put on 20 pounds for Thor, so that's still not quite massively heavier than Hardy or Bale, and where are you even getting that Hemsworth is only 200 pounds "normally"? I know he put on weight for the role, but he doesn't seem to have slimmed down.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Lets not forget Batman was wearing full body armor when Bane lifted him.

Correct. But it's both an advantage/disadvantage. It made him heavier which is a good showing of Bane's strength, but it also made him slower.

Like I said, this match can probably go either way, but I seriously doubt Bane is outmuscling Thor. His best bet is to use his (supposed) ninja training and punching power to outbox Thor.

Overpowering an old and out of shape Batman is one thing, but trying to get into a wrestling match with a viking in his prime who's bigger than you with centuries of fighting experience would be quite different.

Psychotron
He put on 20 pounds for Thor, so that's still not quite massively heavier than Hardy or Bale, and where are you even getting that Hemsworth is only 200 pounds "normally"? I know he put on weight for the role, but he doesn't seem to have slimmed down.

Hemsworth was at least 220-230 lbs. Lol at Tom Hardy being 200 lbs. He was 190 at best. The guy is like 5'8. And he was still fat.

FrothByte

You're right, the weight difference isn't quite that big. Probably max of 30 lbs difference and can even be as little as 10.

But it's not just the weight though. Leverage and overall size also come into play. Hemsworth is what, 6 inches taller than Hardy? With matching bone structure.

I'm not saying Thor will overpower Bane, just saying Bane wouldn't overpower Thor the same way he did Batman.

Zack Fair
Correct. But it's both an advantage/disadvantage. It made him heavier which is a good showing of Bane's strength, but it also made him slower.

Like I said, this match can probably go either way, but I seriously doubt Bane is outmuscling Thor. His best bet is to use his (supposed) ninja training and punching power to outbox Thor.

Overpowering an old and out of shape Batman is one thing, but trying to get into a wrestling match with a viking in his prime who's bigger than you with centuries of fighting experience would be quite different. Yeah it makes Bruce slower, but also much tougher. The fact he can put the hurting on a fully armored, highly trained ninja is a nice feat. i'm undecided on the match, but everything points to Bane hitting hard as ****

NemeBro
Are you under the impression that the fat wouldn't have added to his weight?

What a ****ing idiot.

http://healthyceleb.com/tom-hardy-height-weight-body-statistics/11125

Weight: 190 pounds

Hardy had to gain thirty pounds of muscle to play Bane after Warrior, where he weighed just shy of 170.

Hardy is 5'9". It isn't impossible for someone to weigh 200+ pounds at that height without even being fat. Ask dadudemon.

FrothByte
Yeah it makes Bruce slower, but also much tougher. The fact he can put the hurting on a fully armored, highly trained ninja is a nice feat. i'm undecided on the match, but everything points to Bane hitting hard as ****

Agreed. I do think Bane hits harder. The only thing that's making me doubt this is (like I mentioned in my previous post) Bane's h2h skills are inconsistent. Sometimes he looks fast and skilled and at other times he looks slow and just plain sloppy. Thor has more consistent feats. But yeah, can go either way.

Supra
Originally posted by Psychotron
Hemsworth was at least 220-230 lbs. Lol at Tom Hardy being 200 lbs. He was 190 at best. The guy is like 5'8. And he was still fat.

Hardy was fat and on a lot of steroids for that movie.

Psychotron
Are you under the impression that the fat wouldn't have added to his weight?

What a ****ing idiot.

http://healthyceleb.com/tom-hardy-height-weight-body-statistics/11125

Weight: 190 pounds

Hardy had to gain thirty pounds of muscle to play Bane after Warrior, where he weighed just shy of 170.

Hardy is 5'9". It isn't impossible for someone to weigh 200+ pounds at that height without even being fat. Ask dadudemon.

I don't need to ask anyone. I've been lifting for years and I know what a 200+lbs man looks like. Tom Hardy is not it. I'm 5'11 and I've been 200+ and I was bigger than him. Hell, I'm about 180 now, and I look bigger than him. Leaner too. Hardy was in terrible shape and totally miscast.

Hemsworth is 6'5 and looked bigger and leaner than Hardy, that puts him at a solid 230 or more.

Supra
Why are you guy's arguing real life stats vs Comic Book Universe stats?

Crossing them and acting like they hold the same value?

NemeBro
I don't need to ask anyone. I've been lifting for years and I know what a 200+lbs man looks like. Tom Hardy is not it. I'm 5'11 and I've been 200+ and I was bigger than him. Hell, I'm about 180 now, and I look bigger than him. Leaner too. Hardy was in terrible shape and totally miscast.

Hemsworth is 6'5 and looked bigger and leaner than Hardy, that puts him at a solid 230 or more. You're wrong on basically all counts. thumb up

Hemsworth is 6'4" and 200 pounds.

Supra
Guys weight of people in real life do not matter in a comic book movie. Can we move on to another area?

Supra

Overpowering an old and out of shape Batman is one thing, but trying to get into a wrestling match with a viking in his prime who's bigger than you with centuries of fighting experience would be quite different.

This is the best post so far.

Psychotron
You're wrong on basically all counts. thumb up

lol no. If Hemsworth is 200 lbs then Hardy must be no more than 170. Please step in a gym sometime.

Supra
Again real world highest weights of actor's has zero impact in a movie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're wrong on basically all counts. thumb up

Did you see how massive he was in Thor? A dude who is 6 foot 4 and this sexy:
http://culture.pagannewswirecollective.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Chris-Hemsworth-in-Thor-lifting-Mjolnir.jpg

Would have a pretty noticeable height and weight advantage here as IIRC Tom Hardy is like 5 foot 8. He'd be lucky to hit like 190 in the shape he was in as Bane and Chris has a shit ton of height on him.

Supra
Originally posted by Supra
Again real world highest weights of actor's has zero impact in a movie.

Yet again

NemeBro
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you see how massive he was in Thor? A dude who is 6 foot 4 and this sexy:
http://culture.pagannewswirecollective.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Chris-Hemsworth-in-Thor-lifting-Mjolnir.jpg

Would have a pretty noticeable height and weight advantage here as IIRC Tom Hardy is like 5 foot 8. He'd be lucky to hit like 190 in the shape he was in as Bane and Chris has a shit ton of height on him. Don't blame me that their actual weights don't match up to your own notions of what they should weigh. thumb up

Not that any of this matters mind you. By feats Bane is far more durable and hits harder, though Thor is more skilled and maybe faster (Haven't seen Thor in a while).

NemeBro
lol no. If Hemsworth is 200 lbs then Hardy must be no more than 170. Please step in a gym sometime. Then by all means provide any evidence of this fact. If you can't, just step out of the thread like a good little boy and let the adults talk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't blame me that their actual weights don't match up to your own notions of what they should weigh. thumb up

Not that any of this matters mind you. By feats Bane is far more durable and hits harder, though Thor is more skilled and maybe faster (Haven't seen Thor in a while).

I'll believe that Hardy and Hemsworth weigh around the same when I see them on a scale myself because it's legitimately impossible. Like, I don't even care who wins here tbh (Probably Bane) but I call bullshit on your claims.

Hemsworth is easily just as muscular with like a good 5-6 inches on Hardy. It's just science.

NemeBro
Hardy as Bane also had a noticeably greater amount of fat. His musculature was less defined, more strongman-esque in shape (To a lesser extent).

Silent Master
IOW, human Thor was ripped...Bane was a fata$$.

NemeBro
Sure, but still about as heavy as Hemsworth. thumb up

Supra
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll believe that Hardy and Hemsworth weigh around the same when I see them on a scale myself because it's legitimately impossible. Like, I don't even care who wins here tbh (Probably Bane) but I call bullshit on your claims.

Hemsworth is easily just as muscular with like a good 5-6 inches on Hardy. It's just science.

Arguing Hardy vs Hemsworth is not applicable.

This is Bane vs Thor. Height and weight in real life does not matter in a comic book movie.

NemeBro
But we don't know how much the characters themselves weigh, do we?

Supra
But we don't know how much the characters themselves weigh, do we?

Nope. Just like when in one showing Superman can barley lift a truck and the next one he's lifting an island of knite.

People think cause Bane kicked Batman's old broke ass and broken his back, well then he must be able to pick up and break a guy in his prime who has been fighting for thousands of years.

What do you think?

NemeBro
I think he punched a hole in solid concrete, and Thor has never shown to be able to do that.

But tbh I haven't seen Thor in a while.

Supra
I think he punched a hole in solid concrete, and Thor has never shown to be able to do that.

But tbh I haven't seen Thor in a while.

But he was punching Batman at the same time...I think that showing was just for show as it rendered little damage to Batman in that fight and in fact he missed those punches. So who knows on that one.

Silent Master
I don't think the column was solid concrete.

NemeBro
Might not have been, only saw the flick once.

But he was punching Batman at the same time...I think that showing was just for show as it rendered little damage to Batman in that fight and in fact he missed those punches. So who knows on that one. Batman is wearing full body armour.

Supra
Might not have been, only saw the flick once.

Batman is wearing full body armour.

True but does that stop all injury from a bunch?

Silent Master
There was actually a debate about it in the Bane vs Spock thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=586385&pagenumber=1

Psychotron
Then by all means provide any evidence of this fact. If you can't, just step out of the thread like a good little boy and let the adults talk.

Fat has larger volume than muscle mass per the same weight. Hardy had at least 17-20% body fat while Hemsworth was at about 8%, and he was still much bigger than Hardy. He also has at least 6 inches on him which is a lot. Especially when you factor in the square-cube law. Your average skinnyfat 6'4 dude who doesn't lift can easily weigh 200 lbs. Someone with Chris Hemsworth's physique can't be any less than 225. Like I said I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs and I look bigger than Bane did. He was no where near 200 lbs. Hell, Christian Bale was bigger than him.

ares834
Hemsworth said he weighed 215 pounds during Thor. Not sure why actor weights/heights matter through as they often make them look bigger or smaller in a film.

ares834
Originally posted by Silent Master
IOW, human Thor was ripped...Bane was a fata$$.

If by "fata$$" you mean physique of a boxer, sure.

thumb up

Silent Master

thumb up

Yea...Butterbean thumb up

ares834
Yea...Butterbean thumb up

thumb up

Butterbean would kick Thor's ass.

Silent Master
thumb up

Butterbean would kick Thor's ass.

What feats does Butterbean have that compare with beating several of the most highly trained people in the world so badly that he makes them look like chumps?

Psychotron

thumb up

lol no. Check out Mike Tyson or Vladimir Klichko. Those are physiques of boxers. Hardy obviously failed a cycle and ended up looking like shit. He looked better even in Bronson.

Newjak
Hardy was trying to bulk up as much as possible for the Bane role and still cam away with a pretty good physique.

Either way Thor's best combat feat was taking on and managing to take down a bunch of shield agents managing to get to the hammer.

Psychotron
He failed, he got the kind of body you get from eating like shit and working out for a few months. Only his traps were good. That and his height made him a joke. My theater burst into laughter whenever he was on screen. It's not entirely his fault though, he was miscast from the start.

Bane took out a retired, out of shape Batman. Plus he has a pretty big wekaness.

ares834
I... I don't even... Bane was buff, although not necessarily defined. Nor did he ever appear short in the movie. He looked huge and bulky, like a guy who beats the shit out of people rather than just someone who lifts weights all day.

Newjak
He failed, he got the kind of body you get from eating like shit and working out for a few months. Only his traps were good. That and his height made him a joke. My theater burst into laughter whenever he was on screen. It's not entirely his fault though, he was miscast from the start.

Bane took out a retired, out of shape Batman. Plus he has a pretty big wekaness. I think his build was more than adequate as far as I'm concerned.

Bane broke a column and beat and bruised a heavily armored man that just took finished taking down a few well trained mercenaries with ease.

Believe what you want but Batman had some of his better combat feats in this movie.

Psychotron
I... I don't even... Bane was buff, although not necessarily defined. Nor did he ever appear short in the movie. He looked huge and bulky, like a guy who beats the shit out of people rather than just someone who lifts weights all day.

How... how can anyone consider him buff? He was fat, had spaghetti arms, his back was mediocre, and we didn't even see his legs. His height was obvious, Batman was taller than him even with the camera trickery. Jackman, Hemsworth, Cavill, and Evans all looked a million times better than him.

As for fighting physiques I direct you to guys like Overeem or Lesnar.

Newjak
How... how can anyone consider him buff? He was fat, had spaghetti arms, his back was mediocre, and we didn't even see his legs. His height was obvious, Batman was taller than him even with the camera trickery. Jackman, Hemsworth, Cavill, and Evans all looked a million times better than him.

As for fighting physiques I direct you to guys like Overeem or Lesnar. We can consider him buff because he was... definitely more so than 70% of guys out there.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Newjak
We can consider him buff because he was... definitely more so than 70% of guys out there.

So? 90% of people look like shit. Movies stars are supposed to be a cut above the average skinnyfat loser. He was supposed to portray a huge, muscular fighting machine. Instead we ended up with a fat manlet.

I just couldn't take him seriously when I, an average dude who likes to lift, was bigger than freaking Bane. The crappy fight choreography didn't help either.

Lestov16
Bane wins. Out of those combatants he fought, I'd wager none of them were immune to pain.

Newjak
So? 90% of people look like shit. Movies stars are supposed to be a cut above the average skinnyfat loser. He was supposed to portray a huge, muscular fighting machine. Instead we ended up with a fat manlet.

I just couldn't take him seriously when I, an average dude who likes to lift, was bigger than freaking Bane. The crappy fight choreography didn't help either. HE had more than enough muscle definition to show he was buff and strong looking.

And I repeat he did not look like shit.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Newjak
HE had more than enough muscle definition to show he was buff and strong looking.

And I repeat he did not look like shit.

But he did. I wouldn't have minded if he was big and strong looking with some fat, like a powerlifter or an oly lifter, or a wrestler, but he barely had any muscle.

You're comparing him with average people, but average people look awful. Compare him with someone like Chirs Hemsworth and you'll see the difference.

FrothByte
This is a picture of Hardy from the set of TDKR. It's only his back, but you can get an idea of what his actual physique looks like without the movie magic:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/725/89310863.jpg

Supra
He took major steroids, look at his back acne...still did not have the look Thor did.

FrothByte
Here are more pics:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61652664.html

NemeBro
Fat has larger volume than muscle mass per the same weight. Hardy had at least 17-20% body fat while Hemsworth was at about 8%, and he was still much bigger than Hardy. He also has at least 6 inches on him which is a lot. Especially when you factor in the square-cube law. Your average skinnyfat 6'4 dude who doesn't lift can easily weigh 200 lbs. Someone with Chris Hemsworth's physique can't be any less than 225. Like I said I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs and I look bigger than Bane did. He was no where near 200 lbs. Hell, Christian Bale was bigger than him. So what you're saying is that you have no evidence of how much he actually weighed?

All right, that's about what I thought.

Supra
Here are more pics:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61652664.html

He should have not used the roids..

FrothByte
So what you're saying is that you have no evidence of how much he actually weighed?

All right, that's about what I thought.

Well to be fair, care to cite your proof of Hardy's and Hemsworth's weights during their respective movies?

Psychotron
So what you're saying is that you have no evidence of how much he actually weighed?

Neither do you. But at least I have plenty of experience with this sort of thing.

The idea that some chubby little manlet weighs the same as an muscular guy who has 6 inches on him is laughable.

Supra
Thor's weight in actual comics is 640lbs.

Bane's weight is 340lbs

End of discussion on weights.... its pointless.

NemeBro

Estacado
Hardy was 190 the director said it in one of the behind scene videos.

Psychotron

Estacado
Hardy only looked big when he had close up scenes.
Look at his fight against Batman his arms are thin as hell I bet his arms are like 17 inch or less...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Estacado
Hardy only looked big when he had close up scenes.
Look at his fight against Batman his arms are thin as hell I bet his arms are like 17 inch or less... Ya, Nolan used camera tricks and angles to make Hardy look bigger than he is (just like Tom Cruise in all his movies).

Thor would rock the hell out of Bane. He tore through a base full of skilled (and armed if I remember correctly) SHIELD agents.

Not to mention him dodging and weaving Hulks attacks and countering with his own was his own skill.

Bane took out a few body guards and a crippled and old Batman well past his prime, whom he also went on to lose to after Bats punched him in the face a few times and broke his mask. That's not something Thor would struggle much to do, not that he'd need it.

This fight goes pretty handily to Thor.

Supra
Thor's weight in actual comics is 640lbs.

Bane's weight is 340lbs

wallman77
Im gonna have to go with thor. Much more experience

jinXed by JaNx
If Bruce Wayne can endure what Bane can dish out, Thor surely can can as well. It all comes down to will on the parts of both, Bruce Wayne and Thor. If Thor WANTS to win, his will is most definitely at least equal to Bruce Waynes'. Although, I insist that it is stronger, given each characters backgrounds and upbringings.

NemeBro
Thor isn't wearing full body armour though.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ya, Nolan used camera tricks and angles to make Hardy look bigger than he is (just like Tom Cruise in all his movies).

Thor would rock the hell out of Bane. He tore through a base full of skilled (and armed if I remember correctly) SHIELD agents.

Not to mention him dodging and weaving Hulks attacks and countering with his own was his own skill.

Bane took out a few body guards and a crippled and old Batman well past his prime, whom he also went on to lose to after Bats punched him in the face a few times and broke his mask. That's not something Thor would struggle much to do, not that he'd need it.

This fight goes pretty handily to Thor.

Camera tricks and choreography really don't matter here. I see where you're going with this, but if Batman were faced with the same odds in, Nolans movies...,He would have made everyone look like swiis cheese as well. Using the Hulk fight as reference here is useless because, Thor was ALL powerful, sure he was holding back, but he still had access to the full range of his abilities

quanchi112
This is a picture of Hardy from the set of TDKR. It's only his back, but you can get an idea of what his actual physique looks like without the movie magic:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/725/89310863.jpg Wow, backne and a terrible physique compared to Thor's. This is actually laughable but it is dc so I am not surprised.

NemeBro
Christian Bale was buffer than Thor though.

When he originally bulked up to play Batman, he weighed 220 pounds.

He was then told to slim down because he was too buff to play Batman.

IceBreaker2000
How the hell is Thor gonna lose. Thor picks up his hammer and Bane craps his pants

NemeBro
This is mortal Thor. He can't wield Mjolnir.

IceBreaker2000
Just realized depowered thor. My bad. Bane wins because he is stronger and faster. Thor had trouble with a couple of shield agents

carver9
You all are crazy. Bane would destroy Thor under these circumstances. WTF man.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by carver9
You all are crazy. Bane would destroy Thor under these circumstances. WTF man. Thank you.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wow, backne and a terrible physique compared to Thor's. This is actually laughable but it is dc so I am not surprised. Steroids.

wallman77
You all are crazy. Bane would destroy Thor under these circumstances. WTF man.

Nonsense

FrothByte
Christian Bale was buffer than Thor though.

When he originally bulked up to play Batman, he weighed 220 pounds.

He was then told to slim down because he was too buff to play Batman.

This:

http://i2.cdnds.net/09/23/550w_christian_bale_2.jpg

is not buffer than this:

http://bigotherbigother.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/chris-hemsworth-shirtless-in-thor-movie.jpg

And when Bale first came to the set of Batman Begins, he was nicknamed "fatman" because he was, well, kinda fat. That's why he was asked to tone down and go for a more cut look.

On the other hand when Hemsworth first came to the Thor set, he was so bulky that he couldn't fit into his suit, which is why he cut down weight as well. But at least he was never considered "fat".

FrothByte
Thor isn't wearing full body armour though.

Yeah but neither is he a limping, oldish man who's been out of fighting for a couple of years.

Thor will have a hard time with Bane, but in the end if Batman can beat Bane, I don't see any reason why Thor can't do the same.

Zack Fair
Bane only lost because of Batman rupturing the mask. This put him in intense pain and made him fight like a desperate madman. Thor won't be breaking that mask.

People need to remember the "limpish" old man got a prosthetic that made him kick concrete just fine.

FrothByte
Bane only lost because of Batman rupturing the mask. This put him in intense pain and made him fight like a desperate madman. Thor won't be breaking that mask.

People need to remember the "limpish" old man got a prosthetic that made him kick concrete just fine.

Yup, and that mask is quite a big weakness for Bane here. Why exactly do you think Batman can break that mask but Thor can't?

Putting a robotic knee brace doesn't fix his medical problems, which I believe the doctor said was for majority of his body. A load of improperly healed fractures and something about joint problems? I don't remember the specifics but I know it wasn't just his knee that was the problem. Plus when Batman did beat Bane he wasn't using that robotic knee brace anymore.

ares834
Batman broke the mask with his arm "blades" something that Thor doesn't have.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Firefly218

No, but Thor has something better. Power.

At the end this could go either way, I'm undecided

NemeBro
Bane has demonstrably more power than Thor though. He could pick the near two hundred pound (not counting gear) Batman with one hand and walk with him. He could also put a dent in a pillar. Thor has no feats on that level.

This is discounting the fact that no, brute strength is not even remotely comparable to Batman's bladed armguards, because they gave him an unbreakable leverage on Bane's mask that Thor can not replicate.

Yeah but neither is he a limping, oldish man who's been out of fighting for a couple of years.

Thor will have a hard time with Bane, but in the end if Batman can beat Bane, I don't see any reason why Thor can't do the same. Nor has Thor kicked through a brick wall like Batman did once he received his bionic aid.

Bane is going to dominate Thor. To be blunt I doubt this fight will even be particularly hard for him.

Firefly218
Bane has demonstrably more power than Thor though. He could pick the near two hundred pound (not counting gear) Batman with one hand and walk with him. He could also put a dent in a pillar. Thor has no feats on that level.

This is discounting the fact that no, brute strength is not even remotely comparable to Batman's bladed armguards, because they gave him an unbreakable leverage on Bane's mask that Thor can not replicate.

Nor has Thor kicked through a brick wall like Batman did once he received his bionic aid.

Bane is going to dominate Thor. To be blunt I doubt this fight will even be particularly hard for him.

Depowered Thor may not have very many feats, but his reputation alone deserves some merit in this fight. Thor MUST be skilled, not including his powers, considering he has been Asgard's most fierce warrior for centuries.

I do think Bane could probably win this one, but it won't be a cake walk.

Bane 6/10

FrothByte

It wasn't really that clear. Batman broke the first valve of the mask with a backfist, that could have been the blades or it could have been just the hand. But that was only the first "breaking".

The other times he broke more of those valves in the mask he just punched it.

FrothByte

Nor has Thor kicked through a brick wall like Batman did once he received his bionic aid.

Armguards? I just re-watched the fight. The only time Batman looked like he used his armguards was the first break of Bane's mask. After that he broke the others by just punching them.

NemeBro
Armguards? I just re-watched the fight. The only time Batman looked like he used his armguards was the first break of Bane's mask. After that he broke the others by just punching them.

And the first punch made Bane enraged, yet sloppy. Oh, and of course Batman is wearing armoured and padded gauntlets, meaning he can punch a big hunk of ****ing metal/plastic/whatever it's made of without breaking his hand.

I'd like to see Thor try that with his bare hands, lol.

Supra
And the first punch made Bane enraged, yet sloppy. Oh, and of course Batman is wearing armoured and padded gauntlets, meaning he can punch a big hunk of ****ing metal/plastic/whatever it's made of without breaking his hand.

I'd like to see Thor try that with his bare hands, lol.

What you think would have happened to Bane if the destroyer the way he back handed Thor?

NemeBro
He'd probably die like Thor did.

quanchi112
He'd probably die like Thor did. Prove Thor died.

carver9
Thor took time to take out a freaking security guard of shield. Bane would have annihilated that same guard in no time.

Firefly218
Thor took time to take out a freaking security guard of shield. Bane would have annihilated that same guard in no time.

Speculation at its finest

carver9
Speculation at its finest

Unless you think that Security guy is Batman+ then I don't see the reason for your post. Bane ran though Batman during their first encounter, and Batman used Gadgets, etc... Thor in this condition isn't comparable to Bane at all and the one fight you all are using for Thor as reference (lmbao) is laughable at best.

Firefly218
Unless you think that Security guy is Batman+ then I don't see the reason for your post. Bane ran though Batman during their first encounter, and Batman used Gadgets, etc... Thor in this condition isn't comparable to Bane at all and the one fight you all are using for Thor as reference (lmbao) is laughable at best.

I agree with you bro. Relax yawn

carver9
I agree with you bro. Relax yawn

My bad buddy. I'm in my 'ready to debate' mode.

BruceSkywalker
Thor gets his back broken

thread really should not lasted this long .. sad sad stick out tongue

Supra
Thor gets his back broken

thread really should not lasted this long .. sad sad stick out tongue

A beaten down broken odd bat vs, an Asgurdian warrior...hmm. Don't be mad cause your Dark Knight Rises could never actually beat Bane.

Supra
He'd probably die like Thor did.

Was he taken to any healing chambers? No

He did not Die. If he died how did he pick his hand up and grab the hammer before he grabbed it.

If his neck had been broken there would have been no lifting his hand or standing to grab the hammer.

He lived.

NemeBro
Thor was a corpse before Mjolnir restored him to full vigor, the best you could argue is that he was only mostly dead.

Zack Fair
The whole scene loses a lot if Thor didn't actually die.

Supra
Thor was a corpse before Mjolnir restored him to full vigor, the best you could argue is that he was only mostly dead.

But he stood up and grabbed it before he actually had the hammer in his possession.

NemeBro
That's true, I'll grant you, but one could argue his godliness returning before it ever reached him, and he was definitely near death.

Supra
That's true, I'll grant you, but one could argue his godliness returning before it ever reached him, and he was definitely near death.

No doubt. Odin and Thor made a pretty big deal about the healing rooms in Asguard when people where injured even with their Asguardian durability such as a wounded Heimdall.

Odin did say "who so ever hold's this hammer will have the power of Thor"

He didn't actually get his power back until he holds the hammer as shown.

HCjPBpdlccM

quanchi112
Thor was a corpse before Mjolnir restored him to full vigor, the best you could argue is that he was only mostly dead. No, it doesn't.

NemeBro
No, it doesn't. Check your grammar son.

Firefly218
Thor was pretty much dead, if not close to death.

quanchi112
Check your grammar son. Check your brain.

BruceSkywalker
A beaten down broken odd bat vs, an Asgurdian warrior...hmm. Don't be mad cause your Dark Knight Rises could never actually beat Bane.

lol.. mortal thor struggled against shield agents.. if thor was all that then he should have gave those agents a beat down.. bane took it too and destroyed batman , second time for obvious reasons batman had to win..

Silent Master
Thor did give those agents a beat down, only the big guy at the end gave him any problems and even then Thor beat him without taking any injuries.

quanchi112
lol.. mortal thor struggled against shield agents.. if thor was all that then he should have gave those agents a beat down.. bane took it too and destroyed batman , second time for obvious reasons batman had to win.. No, he effortlessly crushed them whereas Bane throws sloppy punches and telegraphs his attacks.

Thor crushes him.

NemeBro
Thor had better fight choreography, that's true.

Bane still beats the shit out of him.

Supra
lol.. mortal thor struggled against shield agents.. if thor was all that then he should have gave those agents a beat down.. bane took it too and destroyed batman , second time for obvious reasons batman had to win..

Struggled? Hmm, he wiped them all out..Why lie about things dude?

Silent Master
I've seen Batman fans argue that both movie Batman and Bane would beat Captain America. in a 1-on-1 fight.

Their grasp on reality isn't always the best.

BruceSkywalker
No, he effortlessly crushed them whereas Bane throws sloppy punches and telegraphs his attacks.

Thor crushes him.

k

Struggled? Hmm, he wiped them all out..Why lie about things dude?

lie about what??

thumb up

I've seen Batman fans argue that both movie Batman and Bane would beat Captain America. in a 1-on-1 fight.

Their grasp on reality isn't always the best.

what threads were these

Supra
Show him struggling, he wiped the whole base out.

Silent Master
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/bane-vs-captain-america-movie-versions-680348/?page=2

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/captain-americamovie-vs-batman-movie-667043/?page=2

To be fair, only one person gave Bane the win in the below thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=568626&pagenumber=3

FrothByte

Yup, better choreography... which in movie terms end up being equivalent to better displayed skill.

Bane can "claim" he's trained and skilled and whatnot, but he just didn't show it that well. He came off as a somewhat slow moving brawler. Now you can blame that on poor choreography (I actually do) but as far as his character is concerned, that's his actual fighting style.

Arachnid1
Yup, better choreography... which in movie terms end up being equivalent to better displayed skill.

Bane can "claim" he's trained and skilled and whatnot, but he just didn't show it that well. He came off as a somewhat slow moving brawler. Now you can blame that on poor choreography (I actually do) but as far as his character is concerned, that's his actual fighting style. +1

And Thor wiped out those SHIELD agents. All of them were armed,All of them are also on a higher level than the unarmed body guards Bane took on. I'm going to give it to the guy with centuries more experience.

And Bane never came off as skilled to me either. To be fair, neither did Bats that time around. The choreography for both their fights was made to have a weighty feel to it which is probably why they both came off as slow and unskilled.

Are you kidding me with banes twist punch? It looked cool but jesus this isn't Mortal Kombat. That was highly impractical. And Batman was pathetic in that movie (as he was in TDK, to be honest). He only ever seemed like a force to be reckoned with in Begins, when he was using smarts, skills and darkness to pull of a win (like Batman should). In the TDK and TDKR, the dude just went face first into every conflict, and it led to him getting his ass kicked by the villain every time. Its like his LoS training went right out the window after the first movie. The most impressive thing he did either movie was taking out those SWAT officers, but that was with his sonar device, Fox's help, and the officers being on the same side as Bats (giving an element of surprise).

Thor single highhandedly tore through a base-full of SHIELD agents with no gadgets or weapons, which puts him above Bats. Bats seemed to be evenly matched with Bane (with a slight skill and speed edge). The only reason Bane even won the first time was because of his potent painkillers, and he was taken out almost instantly when that was gone. Thor would take him apart in a brawl.

NemeBro
Thor's strength feats aren't even on the level of Batman's, much less Bane's.

Bane could take Thor's best punch to the jaw, and he could take it with a smile.

quanchi112

Bane could take Thor's best punch to the jaw, and he could take it with a smile. laughing out loud

Thor dominates the guy who throws wild punches and was never really that formidable.

FrothByte

Bane could take Thor's best punch to the jaw, and he could take it with a smile.

And both Batman's and (especially) Bane's skill pale in comparison to Thor's. Strength is not everything in a fight you know. And that's only IF Bane is actually stronger than Thor.

abhilegend
And both Batman's and (especially) Bane's skill pale in comparison to Thor's.
Hahaha.

Darth Martin
Not too many non-superhumans are going to beat Bane in a physical fight.

Going with him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hahaha. What is funny ?

wallman77
What is funny ?

Never mind him. He is an idiot if he thinks bane and bats skill come close to the god with centuries of combat experience.

wallman77
Originally posted by Arachnid1
+1

And Thor wiped out those SHIELD agents. All of them were armed,All of them are also on a higher level than the unarmed body guards Bane took on. I'm going to give it to the guy with centuries more experience.

And Bane never came off as skilled to me either. To be fair, neither did Bats that time around. The choreography for both their fights was made to have a weighty feel to it which is probably why they both came off as slow and unskilled.

Are you kidding me with banes twist punch? It looked cool but jesus this isn't Mortal Kombat. That was highly impractical. And Batman was pathetic in that movie (as he was in TDK, to be honest). He only ever seemed like a force to be reckoned with in Begins, when he was using smarts, skills and darkness to pull of a win (like Batman should). In the TDK and TDKR, the dude just went face first into every conflict, and it led to him getting his ass kicked by the villain every time. Its like his LoS training went right out the window after the first movie. The most impressive thing he did either movie was taking out those SWAT officers, but that was with his sonar device, Fox's help, and the officers being on the same side as Bats (giving an element of surprise).

Thor single highhandedly tore through a base-full of SHIELD agents with no gadgets or weapons, which puts him above Bats. Bats seemed to be evenly matched with Bane (with a slight skill and speed edge). The only reason Bane even won the first time was because of his potent painkillers, and he was taken out almost instantly when that was gone. Thor would take him apart in a brawl.

This...soo this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.