Superman vs. Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Superman from movies vs Ghost Rider from movies.

Superman can amp from sun.

Psychotron
Superman uppercuts GR into space.

Impediment
Supes.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Impediment
Supes.

thumb up

StealthRanger
Almost any Supes incarnation can stomp

Silent Master
I'd like to know why Supra thinks GR can beat normal Superman.

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
I'd like to know why Supra thinks GR can beat normal Superman.

Your tool tactics won't work on me clown, and you know nothing. I am you're master.

Epicurus
Rider wins, easily.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Supra
Your tool tactics won't work on me clown, and you know nothing. I am you're master.

I'm being serious, why do you think GR would beat normal Superman?

Epicurus
^Maybe because Superman has literally no way of neutralizing the Rider, while all the Rider has to do is look him in the eyes and deep-fry his soul?

Psychotron
Originally posted by Epicurus
^Maybe because Superman has literally no way of neutralizing the Rider, while all the Rider has to do is look him in the eyes and deep-fry his soul?

The Penance stare wouldn't work on Superman.

BlackZero30x

I don't think he would ever even have the chance. Also, if he did happen to look kal in the eyes Im not sure it would even do anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is a lot closer now that the Penance Stare can f*ck up Man of Steel. Superman can't put down Ghost Rider permanently but he's still strong enough to like toss him to the moon or bury him under a mountain or something. Unless Hell Fire would f*ck him up, being magic and all.

Supra
I'm being serious, why do you think GR would beat normal Superman?

Quote me saying that I did troll master.

Silent Master
Quote me saying that I did troll master.

If you didn't think GR could beat normal Superman, you wouldn't have added the stip that allows Superman to amp himself.

Although, I suppose you could have just been making a spite thread, is that what you were doing?

Supra
If you didn't think GR could beat normal Superman, you wouldn't have added the stip that allows Superman to amp himself.

Although, I suppose you could have just been making a spite thread, is that what you were doing?

Silence foolish troll I have already mastered you.

Silent Master
What?

Supra
Originally posted by Psychotron

Agreed,

Just finished up the last of the Ghost Rider movies, his penance stare takes forever even on the truly evil. I thought his penance stare might have some effect on superman but when I say how long it took just to kill a normal human. He was getting put down hard by missiles and grenade launchers and having trouble with some weak ass Ray Kerrigan "Rot Man."

Ghost goes down hard.

Epicurus
Proof? Because unless you think that Superman doesn't have a soul, this is retarded to say the least.
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Also, if he did happen to look kal in the eyes Im not sure it would even do anything.
Read previous para. The Rider isn't just limited to the stare though, he can also bfr Kal into Hell like he did to Rourke in the second movie.

Estacado
Black Heart easily choke slamed Gr back to Blaze .
Superman 1 punches him.

Impediment
The Penance Stare inflicts unto the receiver all of the pain and suffering they caused to other people, thus destroying their soul.

When has Supes caused anyone suffering or pain?

Estacado
^
Pretty much.
GR first have to get a grip on Clark.
Which is basically impossible for him since Superman is faster,stronger he could easily evade him.

BruceSkywalker
The Penance Stare inflicts unto the receiver all of the pain and suffering they caused to other people, thus destroying their soul.

the bad acting for one stick out tongue big grin laughing

Psychotron

Exactly. The guy is a boy scout.

Supra
His Pennace Stare takes way too long, even for the pure evil, I doubt it would even work on Superman, Kal is not evil

quanchi112
G Rider wins.

BlackZero30x
Proof? Because unless you think that Superman doesn't have a soul, this is retarded to say the least.

Read previous para. The Rider isn't just limited to the stare though, he can also bfr Kal into Hell like he did to Rourke in the second movie.

His Hellfire is actually probably his best option by far but I don't think he's gonna be able to land a hit. And as far as that goes we aren't sure how badly it hurts MoS Superman. It could be a lot or a little.

EDIT: I also don't really remember that scene. I only watched the movie once and it was back when it first came to DvD.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the bad acting for one stick out tongue big grin laughing

Bad Acting or bad WRITING and LAZY directing? roll eyes (sarcastic) either way, Cavills ghost roll in MOS makes cage look like a child suffering from down syndrome trying to be an actor laughing out loud Cages' missed cues in both movies almost makes me feel justified in judging those movies as harshly as I did.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Bad Acting or bad WRITING and LAZY directing? roll eyes (sarcastic) either way, Cavills ghost roll in MOS makes cage look like a child suffering from down syndrome trying to be an actor laughing out loud Cages' missed cues in both movies almost makes me feel justified in judging those movies as harshly as I did.

im glad marvel has the rights to ghost rider again

Epicurus
His Hellfire is actually probably his best option by far but I don't think he's gonna be able to land a hit. And as far as that goes we aren't sure how badly it hurts MoS Superman. It could be a lot or a little.

EDIT: I also don't really remember that scene. I only watched the movie once and it was back when it first came to DvD.
I asked for proof that Superman would tank his PS. Not what his best options are or are not. If you can't provide evidence, then just say so.

He used his chain to hurl Rourke back into the pit of Hell.

Epicurus

Didn't lift a finger to save his foster dad, killed Zod, caused the deaths of untold millions during his grand battle with the rogue kryptonians etc. I mean yeah, all those were situations he was forced into, but being the kind of person that he is, he would still feel nascent guilt over all that stuff. Guilt which the Rider can prey upon. In particular the Pa Kent and Zod scenes are what'll make him vulnerable here.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Rider not burning the souls of innocents is him choosing not to, aka CIS. The Stare's only explicit limitation so far has been shown to be soullessness.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Estacado
Black Heart easily choke slamed Gr back to Blaze .
Superman 1 punches him.
He was immune to the PS because of his soullessness. What proof do you have that Superman also has a similar immunity?

Psychotron
Didn't lift a finger to save his foster dad, killed Zod, caused the deaths of untold millions during his grand battle with the rogue kryptonians etc. I mean yeah, all those were situations he was forced into, but being the kind of person that he is, he would still feel nascent guilt over all that stuff. Guilt which the Rider can prey upon. In particular the Pa Kent and Zod scenes are what'll make him vulnerable here.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Rider not burning the souls of innocents is him choosing not to, aka CIS. The Stare's only explicit limitation so far has been shown to be soullessness.

Come on, Superman didn't kill millions in the fight. What are you smoking? The city was evacuated.

And what proof do you have that the PS would work on Superman? He's an alien, maybe he doesn't have a soul, maybe it wouldn't affect him. If Blackheart is any indication you don't need a soul to exist and function.

Epicurus
Come on, Superman didn't kill millions in the fight. What are you smoking? The city was evacuated.

And what proof do you have that the PS would work on Superman? He's an alien, maybe he doesn't have a soul, maybe it wouldn't affect him. If Blackheart is any indication you don't need a soul to exist and function.
I don't recall any scene where there was mass evacuation of NYC's population. If you know of such an instance, then refer to me when does such a scene occur.

This is neutral battleground, so we don't just randomly assume that he doesn't have a soul(lol at that) or that it wouldn't work on him. Blackheart is a supernatural demonic entity who was explicitly stated to NOT have a soul. Was any such thing ever mentioned for Superman? No.

StealthRanger
His Pennace Stare takes way too long, even for the pure evil, I doubt it would even work on Superman, Kal is not evil

Your mother takes too long

Psychotron
I don't recall any scene where there was mass evacuation of NYC's population. If you know of such an instance, then refer to me when does such a scene occur.

This is neutral battleground, so we don't just randomly assume that he doesn't have a soul(lol at that) or that it wouldn't work on him. Blackheart is a supernatural demonic entity who was explicitly stated to NOT have a soul. Was any such thing ever mentioned for Superman? No.

All the buildings they fought in were empty.

Has the PS ever been used on someone who's not evil? Anyway Superman is too fast to be caught by the PS even if it does work on him. A single uppercut and Ghost Rider will be in orbit.

IceBreaker2000
WOW. superman absolutly destroys ghost rider. There isnt any competition here

jinXed by JaNx

You may have a point to some degree. I don't know if Ghost Rider can die. I do know that Blaze can die though. IT really doesn't matter though because Ghost Rider has no ability what so ever that can harm, Superman. Superman can just hover above Ghost Rider, watching him try whip him with his chains while blasting him with heat vision. Or...,Superman could just simply fly away, thus winning by default because he controls the battle if Ghost Rider has no way to even physically touch him. As already mentioned, the Penance stare wouldn't work.

abhilegend
A rocket knocked out GR in second movie IIRC.

BlackZero30x
I asked for proof that Superman would tank his PS. Not what his best options are or are not. If you can't provide evidence, then just say so.

He used his chain to hurl Rourke back into the pit of Hell.

lol Its pretty dumb to think it will hurt him. The PS takes all the pain, terror, and evil you have caused to burn your soul. What has Superman even done? lmao at the thought of it hurting him.

Supra
Originally posted by Estacado
^
Pretty much.
GR first have to get a grip on Clark.
Which is basically impossible for him since Superman is faster,stronger he could easily evade him.

This^^

And how is he going to hold Superman face to face and wait a minute for PS to work when he could barley get it to work on the pure evil.

meep-meep
Unless movie Rider can trap Supes with simply his stare he cant win. If thats the case, Supes smashes him to ashes or throws him to space. Supes wins by bfr or smashing to bits.

Supra
No way to trap him and over power him as he has zero strength compared to superman.

And I seriously doubt the PR would even work, he barley could get it working on the evil people...
^^Please read 3 times if you don't get that..

Epicurus
All the buildings they fought in were empty.

Has the PS ever been used on someone who's not evil? Anyway Superman is too fast to be caught by the PS even if it does work on him. A single uppercut and Ghost Rider will be in orbit.
Proof?

IIRC, it hasn't but again, that's besides the point. As I mentioned before, the reason the Rider doesn't use it on innocent souls is due to CIS. However if you feel even the slightest shred of guilt, then you are fair game for the Rider(Blake's narrative in the opening scene), and Superman clearly feels that guilt due to being unable to save Pa Kent and killing Zod, even though he was given no choice in either scenario. The moment the stare locks on, you freeze into place. This shown by the numerous examples of people being unable to move from their spot the moment the Rider had his eyes locked onto them.

Epicurus
lol Its pretty dumb to think it will hurt him. The PS takes all the pain, terror, and evil you have caused to burn your soul. What has Superman even done? lmao at the thought of it hurting him.
The stare works on anyone who possesses even the slightest trace of guilt in their soul. According to Blake's narrative in the opening scenes, it can work on people who aren't even murderers. Your sin could be limited to even a white lie or an illegal download, and still the Rider will be capable of feeding on you.

Superman very clearly feels guilt from the deaths of Pa Kent and being forced to execute Zod. The stare will work just fine on him.

Epicurus
Originally posted by abhilegend
A rocket knocked out GR in second movie IIRC.
In his second encounter with Carrigan's team, it took multiple point-blank shots from anti-tank missiles to just momentarily daze the Rider.

jaden101
The stare works on the process of ghost rider looking someone in the eyes. This is limited by the speed of light. Supes flies faster than the speed of light when he reverses time and so could punch ghost rider into oblivion before the light reflecting off supes reaches GR and vice versa.

Epicurus
MoS Superman never went ftl.

jaden101
Op just says Superman from movies.

abhilegend
In his second encounter with Carrigan's team, it took multiple point-blank shots from anti-tank missiles to just momentarily daze the Rider.
Was he KOED first time? I don't remember much from that shitty movie.

Epicurus
Was he KOED first time? I don't remember much from that shitty movie.
It wasn't shown, as he was slammed into a car first and then completely engulfed in the explosion. The tactic was largely used as a diversion for Carrigan and his crew to quickly pick up Danny and get the hell out of there.

Epicurus
Originally posted by jaden101
Op just says Superman from movies.
Then that means the most recent version, unless specified otherwise.

jaden101
It says MOVIES. . .plural.

Epicurus
@Psychotron: MoS writer David Goyer's own opinion of the collateral damage caused from their fight further undermines your position.

Psychotron
@Psychotron: MoS writer David Goyer's own opinion of the collateral damage caused from their fight further undermines your position.

I don't know what Goyer says, and I don't really care either. He's almost single-handedly destroying the DC movie universe. Anyway, rewatch the movie, all the building they fought in were empty.

Superman doesn't have to get close to GR, he can easily fly and spam heat vision, or move to fast for the Rider to react. What if grabs him from behind and flies him into space? Supes has too many options.

quanchi112
Was he KOED first time? I don't remember much from that shitty movie. So why make a claim you aren't even sure about yourself. Awful. Biased.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden101
Op just says Superman from movies. When did he go faster than light in combat ?

Epicurus
I don't know what Goyer says, and I don't really care either. He's almost single-handedly destroying the DC movie universe. Anyway, rewatch the movie, all the building they fought in were empty.

Superman doesn't have to get close to GR, he can easily fly and spam heat vision, or move to fast for the Rider to react. What if grabs him from behind and flies him into space? Supes has too many options.
Goyer was screen-writer for the film, so his opinion directly overrides yours:I did, and there is no indication at all that there was a mass evacuation of Metropolis before the big fight began.

It's in character for him to physically engage opponents in close-quarters. It's inevitable that he'll get close enough to the Rider, and that'll spell his doom. Heat vision? Are you kidding me? We're talking about a being who's entire body is drenched in mystical fire which can melt solid steel. Far as bfring goes, that's not going to stop him either. The Rider can open portals to other dimensions, as shown when he banished Rourke back to Hell in the 2nd film. If anyone's bring anyone here, it's the Rider, not Superman.

Psychotron
Goyer was screen-writer for the film, so his opinion directly overrides yours:I did, and there is no indication at all that there was a mass evacuation of Metropolis before the big fight began.

It's in character for him to physically engage opponents in close-quarters. It's inevitable that he'll get close enough to the Rider, and that'll spell his doom. Heat vision? Are you kidding me? We're talking about a being who's entire body is drenched in mystical fire which can melt solid steel. Far as bfring goes, that's not going to stop him either. The Rider can open portals to other dimensions, as shown when he banished Rourke back to Hell in the 2nd film. If anyone's bring anyone here, it's the Rider, not Superman.

Nowhere in that quote does Goyer talk about millions of people dying in Metropolis, he only talks about Superman killing Zod.

Heat vision =/= hell fire. Even if that doesn't work Superman can still attack him from a distance. He can throw a train at him if he wants. And unless you show me Rider teleporting himself somewhere he can't get back from a bfr.

jaden101
Given that you see lots of people in the streets and lots of people getting pulled up if the air and slammed back into the ground by the gravity engine I'd say it's safe to say that at the very least, a lot of people were still in the city when supes got back and they started slamming each other into buildings. It's not like the film was shy in showing gorey deaths. The guy getting ripped out of his cockpit and who disintegrates in a cloud of red mist shows that. Just look at the people from the Daily Planet. They weren't directly under the engine and decided pretty early to evacuate but were still stuck in the middle of the city during the Supes/Zod fight.

jaden101
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/zack-snyder-reveals-man-steel-death-toll-201300996.html

Epicurus
Nowhere in that quote does Goyer talk about millions of people dying in Metropolis, he only talks about Superman killing Zod.
My bad, that was the wrong quote.

Granted that the exact figure quoted in his estimates doesn't number in the millions, but collateral damage is collateral damage. Another, more realistic estimate is provided here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jordanzakarin/man-of-steel-destruction-death-analysis
Over a 100,000 dead, and a million injured, so it's nor that far from the figures I provided.

Heck, we have a thread on KMC which even discusses this exact topic:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t580922.html

The point here is about all these examples completely undermining your baseless claim that Metropolis was magically evacuated prior to Superman engaging Zod in an all-out fight, despite the it being unfeasible that a city this big could be evacuated in such short time.
Heat vision =/= hell fire. Even if that doesn't work Superman can still attack him from a distance. He can throw a train at him if he wants. And unless you show me Rider teleporting himself somewhere he can't get back from a bfr.
Except the fact that both are heat-based attacks. One is purely physical in nature, while the other has mystical properties. Again, it has been pointed out to you that Superman fights opponents in close quarters in character. What you're describing is grossly ooc and is the sort of tactic one would expect of a CISless Superman, which is not the case here.

Psychotron
My bad, that was the wrong quote.

Granted that the exact figure quoted in his estimates doesn't number in the millions, but collateral damage is collateral damage. Another, more realistic estimate is provided here:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jordanzakarin/man-of-steel-destruction-death-analysis
Over a 100,000 dead, and a million injured, so it's nor that far from the figures I provided.

Heck, we have a thread on KMC which even discusses this exact topic:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t580922.html

The point here is about all these examples completely undermining your baseless claim that Metropolis was magically evacuated prior to Superman engaging Zod in an all-out fight, despite the it being unfeasible that a city this big could be evacuated in such short time.

Except the fact that both are heat-based attacks. One is purely physical in nature, while the other has mystical properties. Again, it has been pointed out to you that Superman fights opponents in close quarters in character. What you're describing is grossly ooc and is the sort of tactic one would expect of a CISless Superman, which is not the case here.

Those people were killed in the initial attack by the Kryptonians and their world engine, not by Superman and Zod's fight. By that point most of the civilians had fled.

If I recall correctly hellfire only hurts the wicked, so it's obviously different than regular fire. And if that's true than GR couldn't hurt Superman with it. Clark fought against the Kryptonians up close, because it was the most efficient strategy. If GR can hurt him with the PS than Supes would try to keep his distance.

Nemesis X
If GR can hurt him with the PS than Supes would try to keep his distance.

To keep his distance, he would have to know what Ghost Rider can do. The OP didn't specify there was any prep time so sorry, I'm not buying that Superman will keep his distance. He'll do what he always does and charge right in and when that happens, hello personal hell.

Supra
Has anyone actually watched him try to use the penance stare in the movies?

It takes like 30-45 seconds to work, and thats even if it does work!

Nemesis X
Has anyone actually watched him try to use the penance stare in the movies?

It takes like 30-45 seconds to work, and thats even if it does work!

No the Penance Stare can work instantly. The spirit just likes to drag it to make 'em suffer longer.

Supra
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No the Penance Stare can work instantly. The spirit just likes to drag it to make 'em suffer longer.

Roger that

Psychotron
To keep his distance, he would have to know what Ghost Rider can do. The OP didn't specify there was any prep time so sorry, I'm not buying that Superman will keep his distance. He'll do what he always does and charge right in and when that happens, hello personal hell.

Wait, don't opponents have basic knowledge about each other?

Nemesis X
Wait, don't opponents have basic knowledge about each other?

Unless everyone has a Pokedex on eachother, no.

NemeBro
Superman flies faster than Ghost Rider can think.

He punches him through the Earth's crust before GR can even think "Penance St-"

Nemesis X
Clark has bit of a habit to grapple people. When he's grabbing him by the collar of his jacket and ramming him through buildings, Ghost Rider will look him in the eyes and it's game over.

NemeBro
Rider will be rammed through that building so quickly that by the time it's over he still won't have thought to use Penance Stare yet.

Zack Fair
It is also hard to imagine GR getting to concentrate/stare into superman's eyes while he is getting rammed through buildings.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Zack Fair
It is also hard to imagine GR getting to concentrate/stare into superman's eyes while he is getting rammed through buildings.

Yeah, like how Clark rammed Zod in Smallville. I don't think GR can react that quick.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair

The PS is instant. Otherwise Blackheart turned Legion would've gotten out of the Rider's grip while he did his "your soul is stained by the blood of the innocent" speech and not stare back in terror near the end of the first movie.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman flies faster than Ghost Rider can think.

He punches him through the Earth's crust before GR can even think "Penance St-" Do you actually watch the movies ?

NemeBro
How fast do you think Superman is?

quanchi112
How fast do you think Superman is? He doesn't fight how you believe he fights. Watch the films.

NemeBro
He doesn't push people through buildings at super speed?

quanchi112
He doesn't push people through buildings at super speed? Which Superman are you arguing here ? You can't pick feats from both. Make up your mind and then I'll destroy you.

jaden101
Superman does to ghost rider what he did to Zod on the Kent farm. Flies out of nowhere faster than GR can react, carries him off in the same manner, without GR being able to see his face. He then flies into space and towards the sun at the same speed he flew around the earth when he turned back time. Right into the sun. The end.

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which Superman are you arguing here ? You can't pick feats from both. Make up your mind and then I'll destroy you. I was using Man of Steel.

So Superman never pushed people through buildings at super speed?

quanchi112
I was using Man of Steel.

So Superman never pushed people through buildings at super speed? Yes, but not right out of the gate and he laid off then. That wouldn't stop Grider.

Psychotron
Yes, but not right out of the gate and he laid off then. That wouldn't stop Grider.

But it was right out of the gate and he laid off when Zod's helmet was busted, and he was unable to fight.

quanchi112
But it was right out of the gate and he laid off when Zod's helmet was busted, and he was unable to fight. That won't happen to the Grider. So he can tackle away. laughing out loud

Zack Fair
LOL.

NemeBro
Yes, but not right out of the gate and he laid off then. That wouldn't stop Grider. He did to Zod, actually. Superman wins. thumb up

Zack Fair
He also bullrushed Faora.

Psychotron
That won't happen to the Grider.

Based on?

Zack Fair
Based on Marvel>DC

No matter how outclassed the marvel char is. Marvel>DC.

Firefly218
GR can't hurt superman. Supes wins

quanchi112
He did to Zod, actually. Superman wins. thumb up He laid off then since we know Zod doesn't lose until the end. Rewatch the movie.

quanchi112
Based on? His invulnerability and the fact he isn't dependent on a helmet.

Psychotron
His invulnerability and the fact he isn't dependent on a helmet.

I doubt his invulnerability can stand up to Superman's fists.

quanchi112
I doubt his invulnerability can stand up to Superman's fists. Based on him destroying who with them ?

Psychotron
Based on him destroying who with them ?

Various buildings, vehicles, the machines in his ship, the world engine (while depowered). Hell, punching Zod several miles should be enough.

quanchi112
Various buildings, vehicles, the machines in his ship, the world engine (while depowered). Hell, punching Zod several miles should be enough. So punching Zod miles shows he defeats Grider. GTFO. This is awful.

World engine feat is hilariously over exaggerated. Grider wins. Superman has not destroyed anyone with his fists. laughing out loud

NemeBro
He laid off then since we know Zod doesn't lose until the end. Rewatch the movie. He put Zod through several buildings in the final fight too. thumb up

He is faster, stronger, and more durable than Grider by a considerable margin. thumb up

quanchi112
He put Zod through several buildings in the final fight too. thumb up

He is faster, stronger, and more durable than Grider by a considerable margin. thumb up Yes, he can put Grider through several buildings. It won't defeat him just like it didn't defeat Zod.

Psychotron
Oh really? What GR's best durability feat?

quanchi112
Oh really? What GR's best durability feat? Watch the movies.

Epicurus
Those people were killed in the initial attack by the Kryptonians and their world engine, not by Superman and Zod's fight. By that point most of the civilians had fled.

If I recall correctly hellfire only hurts the wicked, so it's obviously different than regular fire. And if that's true than GR couldn't hurt Superman with it. Clark fought against the Kryptonians up close, because it was the most efficient strategy. If GR can hurt him with the PS than Supes would try to keep his distance.
Again, read his quotes:

He specifically mentions that his intent in writing that particular scene was to showcase the level of collateral damage that can occur when such beings fight in populated ares. You've yet to provide a single instance of Metropolis being evacuated in that instance, even though the hostages whom Zod threatens to kill right before Kal snaps his neck further undermines your already badly undermined point.

Hellfire has burnt/melted solid metal chains, not to mention that the Rider burnt a number of Roarke's men to crispy fries in his first encounter with them. Clark fought against the kryptonians up close because that's in character for him. Just as went charging up towards the gravity beam. Not because it's the most effective strategy to apply in a combat situation, but because he's a simple farmboy who only knows how to go charging forward and brawl bare-fisted with an opponent in a fight.

Epicurus
Oh really? What GR's best durability feat?
Easily survived falling down a pretty large skyscraper, even while driving at top top speed on its surface downwards. Took multiple shots point-blank from anti-tank missiles and only got momentarily dazed. Was able to withstand the touch of a being that could decompose any organic material on physical contact. Etc.

NemeBro
Yes, he can put Grider through several buildings. It won't defeat him just like it didn't defeat Zod. Grider's best durability feat is surviving anti-tank missiles.

Not enough. thumb up

Psychotron
Watch the movies.

I have. Maybe you should too.

Easily survived falling down a pretty large skyscraper, even while driving at top top speed on its surface downwards. Took multiple shots point-blank from anti-tank missiles and only got momentarily dazed. Was able to withstand the touch of a being that could decompose any organic material on physical contact. Etc.

So his best feats are inferior to Superman's punching power? Good to know.

Again, read his quotes:

He specifically mentions that his intent in writing that particular scene was to showcase the level of collateral damage that can occur when such beings fight in populated ares. You've yet to provide a single instance of Metropolis being evacuated in that instance, even though the hostages whom Zod threatens to kill right before Kal snaps his neck further undermines your already badly undermined point.

Hellfire has burnt/melted solid metal chains, not to mention that the Rider burnt a number of Roarke's men to crispy fries in his first encounter with them. Clark fought against the kryptonians up close because that's in character for him. Just as went charging up towards the gravity beam. Not because it's the most effective strategy to apply in a combat situation, but because he's a simple farmboy who only knows how to go charging forward and brawl bare-fisted with an opponent in a fight.

Okay, maybe some people did die. That's not really Superman's fault, it's Zod's.

But if Hellfire doesn't work on the good then it wouldn't affect Superman. Superman did try to put some distance between himself and Faora and Namek. They were just too fast for that, an advantage Ghost Rider does not have.

quanchi112
Grider's best durability feat is surviving anti-tank missiles.

Not enough. thumb up So a tackle is greater than this ?

Not only that but the fact Superman never beat anyone to death with his fists.

quanchi112
I have. Maybe you should too.

So his best feats are inferior to Superman's punching power? Good to know.

Okay, maybe some people did die. That's not really Superman's fault, it's Zod's.

But if Hellfire doesn't work on the good then it wouldn't affect Superman. Superman did try to put some distance between himself and Faora and Namek. They were just too fast for that, an advantage Ghost Rider does not have. Well you're clearly misrepresenting the facts here.

Psychotron
Well you're clearly misrepresenting the facts here.

Set things straight then.

jinXed by JaNx
Why is everyone using the collateral damage argument here against, Superman? Apparently you all watched a different movie. Some people here seem to be using this as a way to insinuate, Superman was somehow to blame for the lives that were lost during his efforts to save the world. Kent may feel responsible for what happened along the way and may even feel guilty at times. However, it's not something he will carry with him because his heart, like his actions are just and pure. The Penance Stare argument has no ground here. The Penance stare lies in a world of right and wrong, innocent and guilty. If Clark didn't feel guilty after killing, Zod, if he didn't show any emotion then, yeah, the Penance stare would stone Superman in midflight.

NemeBro
So a tackle is greater than this ?

Not only that but the fact Superman never beat anyone to death with his fists. A tackle that pushes people through several buildings is far greater than being wounded by anti-tank rounds. thumb up

He killed Zod with his bare hands. thumb up

Also, Grider is not as durable as Superman or Zod. thumb up

quanchi112
Set things straight then. You might be beyond hope.

quanchi112
A tackle that pushes people through several buildings is far greater than being wounded by anti-tank rounds. thumb up

He killed Zod with his bare hands. thumb up

Also, Grider is not as durable as Superman or Zod. thumb up That won't harm Grider. It barely bothered the Knians.

Snapping a neck isn't the same thing as punching someone. Silly kids.

NemeBro
That won't harm Grider. It barely bothered the Knians.

Snapping a neck isn't the same thing as punching someone. Silly kids. Provide a single durability feat of Grider on par with that. thumb up

You can't of course. thumb up

Supra
Provide a single durability feat of Grider on par with that. thumb up

You can't of course. thumb up

rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112
Provide a single durability feat of Grider on par with that. thumb up

You can't of course. thumb up By flying through a building. That is rather pathetic tbh.

NemeBro
So can I assume then that Grider has no durability feats on par with being sent through buildings?

All right.

Superman wins. thumb up

quanchi112
So can I assume then that Grider has no durability feats on par with being sent through buildings?

All right.

Superman wins. thumb up He has greater feats as you evidenced. Flying through a building isn't that impressive if at all compared to the characters being discussed here.

Supra
Quan how is he going to pull his soul though?

quanchi112
Quan how is he going to pull his soul though? I think his hell fire alone would beat Superman.

Supra
I think his hell fire alone would beat Superman.

World Engine beam was above his fire power.

quanchi112
World Engine beam was above his fire power. That feat was not that impressive to me either. I don't see Superman tanking this for long.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why is everyone using the collateral damage argument here against, Superman? Apparently you all watched a different movie. Some people here seem to be using this as a way to insinuate, Superman was somehow to blame for the lives that were lost during his efforts to save the world. Kent may feel responsible for what happened along the way and may even feel guilty at times. However, it's not something he will carry with him because his heart, like his actions are just and pure. The Penance Stare argument has no ground here. The Penance stare lies in a world of right and wrong, innocent and guilty. If Clark didn't feel guilty after killing, Zod, if he didn't show any emotion then, yeah, the Penance stare would stone Superman in midflight.

Tell that to Nadya, a thief/prostitute, who did what she did so she can take care of her child despite how much she hated her lowlife career. That didn't protect her from nearly experiencing the Penance Stare and would've gotten it completely were it not for her demonic son's intervention. Even though Superman regrets taking a life, he's still getting the Stare.

Supra
That feat was not that impressive to me either. I don't see Superman tanking this for long.

Damn you laughing

NemeBro
He has greater feats as you evidenced. Name them.

quanchi112
Name them. Quit begging for info. I don't have to hold your hand throughout the entire debate do I ?

NemeBro
Quit begging for info. I don't have to hold your hand throughout the entire debate do I ? I accept your concession.

quanchi112
I accept your concession. Just have a shred of pride for the future. If you haven't seen the movies at least say so.

NemeBro
I accept your concession.

quanchi112
Just go rent the thing and get back to me.

NemeBro
I accept your concession.

quanchi112
I accept your concession. I recommend purchasing the both of them immediately. Hop to it, hillbilly.

Nemesis X
Quan, how about you share some information for once and not talk like you don't know anything or do you really not know anything?

NemeBro
I recommend purchasing the both of them immediately. Hop to it, hillbilly. I accept your concession.

quanchi112
Quan, how about you share some information for once and not talk like you don't know anything or do you really not know anything? Grider wins due to hellfire which is greater than the tower which ko'd Superman. The end.

quanchi112
I accept your concession. Tell me when you rent it. ASAP. I also expect an apology.

Nemesis X
Grider wins due to hellfire which is greater than the tower which ko'd Superman. The end.

KO'd? No he wasn't no expression

NemeBro
Tell me when you rent it. ASAP. I also expect an apology. I accept your concession.

Supra
KO'd? No he wasn't no expression

Don't get him started on that please. rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112
KO'd? No he wasn't no expression So he just closed his eyes and went for a swim.

quanchi112
I accept your concession. Sing it, rain man.

NemeBro
Sing it, rain man. I accept your concession.

Supra
I am FIRE!

quanchi112
I accept your concession. I am DEATH.

NemeBro
KO'd? No he wasn't no expression Quan has been trolling the entire thread, and in most threads. Now he's just doing this thing where, after his trolling has been backed into a corner and he has no more legitimate trolling responses left, he just goes about denying everything that exposes his argument for the farce it is.

I've decided to humor him, because the mods are apparently too cowardly to cross him often.

NemeBro
I am DEATH. I accept your concession.

quanchi112
I accept your concession. Hellfire wins this. Greater than the oil tower which ko'd Superman.

NemeBro
Hellfire wins this. Greater than the oil tower which ko'd Superman. I accept your concession.

Nemesis X
So he just closed his eyes and went for a swim.

What I'd be telling you would be no different than what everybody else has already told you. I'm not gonna get baited here.

quanchi112
What I'd be telling you would be no different than what everybody else has already told you. I'm not gonna get baited here. Well convince me. The floor is yours.

quanchi112
I accept your concession. I have not conceded. I personally don't see building smashing as the end all be all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>