Mikasa (Aot) vs. Lady (DMC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://media.tumblr.com/dfee77c45d952590fb0771d4dfa0782f/tumblr_inline_mqgwlkGMBy1qz4rgp.jpg
VS
http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/dmc-friendh3.jpg%3Fw%3D536

Titan slaying member of the Scout Regiment takes on the demon huntress.

Mikasa has her standard issued swords and 3D maneuver gear. Even though I posted her anime version, this is her from the manga.

Lady has only her Kalina Ann.

Fight is in the streets of the Trost District.

Who will win?

CosmicComet
someone explain this attack on titan thing. sounds kinda lame to me.

ScreamPaste
Manly things happen, such as people ziplining to the necks of giant canniballs to kill them with the most poorly designed swords ever while the blonde kid angsts and bitches for 10 minutes per episode.

Cut the blonde kid and it's a decent watch, though. mmm

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Manly things happen, such as people ziplining to the necks of giant canniballs to kill them with the most poorly designed swords ever while the blonde kid angsts and bitches for 10 minutes per episode.

Cut the blonde kid and it's a decent watch, though. mmm

You mean that Armin character that some can't tell whether is male or female?

ScreamPaste
Yes, I meant Armin, hate that kid.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Attack on Titan is the big anime of 2013 because it is a Shonen story within a Seinin setting. The world is harsh and pretty unabashedly dark. The characters are not the typical ones you'd see in say Naruto or One Piece. They're not evil but in the real world they would be borderline crazy and are kinda disturbing with only one or two qualifying as perfectly healthy mentally.

That said the world's biggest selling point is the concept. It is mankind against creatures known as Titans who are a mysterious and unsettling force of nature that seems to exist for no other reason than to kill humans. Humans are their prey and so the series plays on the intrinsic fear in all creatures of something bigger than them that wants them dead. The crux of the series is whether or not humans can truly fight back or if it is simply a losing battle(again compare to Naruto where the good guys will win and the fun is seeing how they will). Couple that with great pacing and a plot that is semi hard to predict and you have a winner.

The spike in the popularity comes from the anime being really well executed. The art cleans up the more disturbing art of the manga(which has been called shit but I disagree), the pacing is great, and the music is just beautiful. And the few moments where humanity finally catches a break are legitimately awesome and worth the watch in and off themselves. If you don't care about spoilers then I suggest watching this scene and it will either sell you on the series or not. If not then just watch the opening here.

XMXgHfHxKVM

Note: the Opening implies humanity does much better against the titans than they actually do.

It also inspires tons of memes and internet funnies that weeaboos latch onto. Like this:

ZhMUXN3kGK8

tl;dr

The show is a lot of fun(probably a bit overrated but that is fine) and I recommend it.

But aren't DMC character's well above normal humans? mmm

Stealth Moose
Yeah, but I'd be hard-pressed to remember anything from the original DMC. It's been like ten years.

CosmicComet
Well I watched that scene and the intro vid Aura, but the initial impression I had (of people fighting moderately giant, comical looking but inexplicably well groomed naked humans) is pretty much in-tact. Not to mention the title still seems mismatched.

It's more fitting for some colonial space warfare type of sci-fi, which is what I intially figured it was when I first heard the name.

Nemesis X
I think we're starting to derail the thread here.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think we're starting to derail the thread here.

7QLSRMoKKS0

AuraAngel
Well I watched that scene and the intro vid Aura, but the initial impression I had (of people fighting moderately giant, comical looking but inexplicably well groomed naked humans) is pretty much in-tact. Not to mention the title still seems mismatched.

It's more fitting for some colonial space warfare type of sci-fi, which is what I intially figured it was when I first heard the name.

http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/35/38/

Read to the end if you want scary titans.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Yes, I meant Armin, hate that kid.
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like him. He's as weak/hesitant a pussy as they come. Was kinda mad too on how he waited a lot longer than he should have on telling others what he suspected of Annie.

Everyone else is likable enough though and can identify with.

Nephthys
Armin isn't really a pussy, he's just how pretty much anyone normal would react to the Titans. He justifies his place in the story soon enough.

Just watch the first episode then see if you can still call it lame.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like him. He's as weak/hesitant a pussy as they come. Was kinda mad too on how he waited a lot longer than he should have on telling others what he suspected of Annie.

Everyone else is likable enough though and can identify with. Glad you still post. But yeah, I can't stand him, it's okay that he's a pussy I guess, but THE LENGTHY MONOLOGUES. HOLY SHIT. I have no patience for whining and I just want to smack him.

Nemesis X
I guess Armin is Mikasa's toadstool she'll whip out and make Lady call a forfeit if it means he'll shut up.

TheTyrant
Lady would probably solo AoTverse if she's anywhere near DMC 3 Dante or Vergil's level. And I think she is tbh.

StealthRanger
...... no, she isn't

TheTyrant
Originally posted by StealthRanger
...... no, she isn't

You had a boss battle with her near the end of DMC 3. And in the cartoon she was fighting on par with Trish for the most part. And Trish is probably stronger than DMC 3 Dante.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Lady would probably solo AoTverse if she's anywhere near DMC 3 Dante or Vergil's level. And I think she is tbh.

Dante treated her like a stubborn child.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Dante treated her like a stubborn child.

But that's how Dante always does it though (unless it's the final villain of the game). He dealt with even Nero the same way in DMC 4.

And I don't see how she lost all that easily. He just beat her and then talked her down. Nothing that I recall suggests that it was a completely one-sided fight.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by TheTyrant
But that's how Dante always does it though (unless it's the final villain of the game). He dealt with even Nero the same way in DMC 4.

If he played with Lady like he did with Nero when he showed to at least be a little semiserious, she would probably die.

Maybe he didn't want to kill her?

BloodRain
Lady stands no chance against any Dante. Though she's still taking on supersonic demons in the anime, and iirc for a moment supported 3 large demons on her K.Ann, peak+ strength.

The 3D gear isn't going to be of much aid here. Close quarters and Lady will blow her away, even if it means taking a stab (Took that huge blade through her thigh and walked it off).

TheTyrant
But she held her own against Trish for a good while. And Trish > DMC 3 Dante, so...

BloodRain
What makes you think that Trish could beat any Dante either? The only time she did anything was when Dante was being Dante; letting himself take a hit because he can and following with a smartass remark.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by BloodRain
What makes you think that Trish could beat any Dante either? The only time she did anything was when Dante was being Dante; letting himself take a hit because he can and following with a smartass remark.

Didn't she give Dante some trouble in their actual fight in the original DMC? And DMC 1 Dante is way superior to DMC 3 Dante, imo. She's also a full-blooded non-fodder demoness spawned from Dante's most powerful foe yet, so I would think that she is pretty high-tier in DMCverse.

BloodRain
Nope. She electrocuted him, attacked, threw the sword in his chest and threw the bike at Dante's motionless body.. only for him to laugh it off, give a remark, shoot the bike away, pluck the sword from his chest and have Trish plead to not kill her by talking about the mission. She's literally nothing in comparison.

Nah, she wasn't made for brute power, like some other demons Mundus spawned. Above fodder, that's all.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by BloodRain
Nope. She electrocuted him, attacked, threw the sword in his chest and threw the bike at Dante's motionless body
Didn't they fight after that intro scene? Like a legit fight instead of an ambush? Sorry memory's a big foggy and can't look this stuff up atm

BloodRain
The only confrontation after that was when a barrier went up around Dante and Nightmare, Dante makes sure Trish was safe for her to shoot him in the back with electricity. From that not even in the anime do they fight.

Zack Fair
Milkasa is a badass.

She wins based solely on how awesome she is. Just have Mikasa think Lady will steal Eren.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Just have Mikasa think Lady will steal Eren.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130922004510/shingekinokyojin/images/5/52/Mikasa_questions_Eren.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.