Ancalagon the Black vs Sauron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StealthRanger
Match between two of Melkor's greatest servants

Battle takes place in Thangorodrim

How does this go?

NemeBro
Sauron wins.

ShadowFyre
The dragon in an outright confrontation.

StealthRanger
Based on?

ShadowFyre
Based on the Dragons were basically created for such a thing.

And I am basing this off of just dropping these two down in an arena with no prep or anything like that.

The majority of things Sauron has accomplished has been through machinations and plotting. Very rarely has he appeared and just been a devastating powerhouse. He was ultimately defeated by two elf lords in a mainly physical match( though they also died). And I simply see the dragons as the most physically imposing beings in all of middle earths history besides the stone/storm giants. One blast from this dragon and the only thing left will be the one ring.

That being said, the dragon may have no way of permanently putting Sauron down, but he should win a direct confrontation such as this quite easily.

ShadowFyre
And before people come in with the name calling and overly long explanations, this is simply my opinion on the matter. Yes, I have read all of the books and no, I have not spent months and months trying to analyze every word in them.

Sauron was just never as impressive as he was made out to be.

StealthRanger
Well Sauron did solo Minas Tirith and crushstomp one of the most powerful Elf Lords in a magical contest and (to some extent) tanked Luthien, who was able to mind**** Angbad to sleep

He's also more powerful than Osse who can casually move small countries around with his magic and than Elf Lords who can effortlessly bust up fortresses. keeping in mind Gil Galad is one of the most powerful Elf Lords and Elendil is on par with him (as well as being the father of a dude who cursed an entire kingdom of men to be ghosts indefinitely)

Outclassed, Sauron is not

NemeBro
Sauron could ward off the power of the Valar sent to destroy Numenor, alone and unaided.

He probably wins.

Syndicate
He didn't ward it off he barely survived it. That being said is Sauron allowed to use his Maiar powers or does he have his ring?

Stealth Moose
I would assume, in absence of any stipulations, Sauron has his One Ring, since that's the peak of his personal power.

Syndicate
Then I say Souron due to superior manipulation, creation and magic feats and also his ring being indestructible to Anc's fire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.