......... Thanos Last Stand .........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep...

Ok Thanos takes on what might be Marvels top 5 heralds..
Do the heralds defeat the Mad Titan?
There might be other heralds we could use to replace otherscbut will just roll with this.

Team

Hyperion
Dr.Strange
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk

Vs

Thanos

golem370
Thanos is not winning this imo Hulk & Silver Surfer has a good chance alone.

TheHulk
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos is not winning this imo Hulk & Silver Surfer has a good chance alone. thumb up

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Tony Stark
Team wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Team wins How ?

deathslash
Originally posted by quanchi112
How ? While they're fighting him, Thor makes an offhanded comment about how he's friend's with Squirrel Girl and Thanos curls up in the fettle position and gives up because he knows that if he wins, he'll face the wrath of SG.

quanchi112
Originally posted by deathslash
While they're fighting him, Thor makes an offhanded comment about how he's friend's with Squirrel Girl and Thanos curls up in the fettle position and gives up because he knows that if he wins, he'll face the wrath of SG. That was a clone. Thanos decimates the team.

Supermex
Does Big T really beat 5 of Marvels top Heralds?

eaebiakuya
Thanos is not winning this imo Hulk & Silver Surfer has a good chance alone.

laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Don't really see how stacking cannon fodder gives the team the auto win

Silent Master
Originally posted by deathslash
While they're fighting him, Thor makes an offhanded comment about how he's friend's with Squirrel Girl and Thanos curls up in the fettle position and gives up because he knows that if he wins, he'll face the wrath of SG.

Now you've done it, quan will now spend the next 30 pages lying and saying that SG didn't beat the real Thanos.

TheTyrant
Thanos one-shots. Like, read the Thanos Imperative.

h1a8
Surfer is enough provided he decides to do black hole blasts.
Hulk can really hurt him and so can Hyperion.

Dr. Strange can solo

DarkSaint85
Hyperion
Dr.Strange
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk

Strange/Thor/Hulk have shown susceptible to mind control.

He could control Strange and get him to BFR the others? Quite within his MO, too (witness how he gets Hulk to fight for him, or when he sent Ebony Maw to control Strange). And he seems to do it pretty effortlessly too.

pym-ftw
Thanos wins.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Surfer is enough provided he decides to do black hole blasts.
Hulk can really hurt him and so can Hyperion.

Dr. Strange can solo I know I should resist asking as I won't get any proof of your words.

Surfer has never been shown he can take Thanos on direct combat and has never shown he can replicate the type of black hole in power or scale that Thanos encountered.

We saw how Hulk compared to Thanos In infinity , hell Thanos weaker generals owns Hulk.

Hyperion has no combat feats to he can beat or give Thanos a fight.

Care to back how Strange beats Thanos , when Strange himself has admitted he lacks the power to beat Thanos

Supermex
Hyperion
Dr.Strange
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk

↑↑↑ The 5 are about as good as it gets in Marvel U and yet Thanos alone is
beatin there ass?

Some good points have been giving to why Thanos this fight.

LordofBrooklyn
The team wins.

Dr. Strange is the deciding factor here.

The other 4 heroes can occupy the Mad Titan long enough for Strange to deal with him.

brownqk
Thanos wins. He 2 or 3 three shots most of the heralds.

JayDaDon
Thanos is durable enough to make the fight go on as long as he wants to. Stomps out Surfer, Thor, Hype. Stomps or likely mindrape Hulk in the first place then he's left with Strange.

celeyhyga17
Team has a chance....

...after he hurts himself with a faux cube.

carver9
Originally posted by Supermex
Hyperion
Dr.Strange
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk

↑↑↑ The 5 are about as good as it gets in Marvel U and yet Thanos alone is
beatin there ass?

Some good points have been giving to why Thanos this fight.

Don't know where people are getting the idea that Thanos handled this team, especially by himself. He didn't do a thing during the Avengers fight. Didn't ko one person. He punched Hulk one time and Hulk got straight up with a smile on his face and he withstood Thor attacks but Thor was alright afterwards. His generals need the credit since they did majority of the work...if not, ALL of it. He had a good durability showing but hell, everyone knows of Thanos durability.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
I know I should resist asking as I won't get any proof of your words.

Surfer has never been shown he can take Thanos on direct combat and has never shown he can replicate the type of black hole in power or scale that Thanos encountered.

We saw how Hulk compared to Thanos In infinity , hell Thanos weaker generals owns Hulk.

Hyperion has no combat feats to he can beat or give Thanos a fight.

Care to back how Strange beats Thanos , when Strange himself has admitted he lacks the power to beat Thanos

All black holes has the same level of force at the singularity, which is infinite.
Although the event horizon, which is many times incorrectly referred to being inside a black hole, has devastating forces, it is not the same thing as touching the singularity. Thanos got phucked up just by being inside the event horizon. Surfer would make Thanos touch a singularity by creating one on him.

Hyperion has the strength to hurt Thanos and the durability to withstand his attacks. Hyperion May not solo Thanos but him being on the team obviously helps.

The problem Thanos face here is that there are multiple attackers. He can't stop them all at the same time. One attack is getting through. Once it does the rest will just pile on, similarly to what we seen against the avengers.

golem370
Hulk also has shown strong resistance against mind attacks I see Silver Surfer flying Hulk at Thanos and Thanos getting hit by a asteroid destroying punch knocking him out and killing Thanos.

DarkSaint85
Hulk also has shown strong resistance against mind attacks I see Silver Surfer flying Hulk at Thanos and Thanos getting hit by a asteroid destroying punch knocking him out and killing Thanos.

Not against Thanos, he hasn't. Thanos mind-controlled him.

Thanos has also mind-controlled Surfer before, IIRC, but others can provide proof of this because I may well be remembering this wrong.

Hulk was also mind controlled by Ex Nihilo.

Strange was controlled by Ebony Maw.

Thor was controlled by Honest John.

Numbers....aren't all that. Thanos knows of everyone's powers here. He's not the type to get his hands dirty if he can use other people to achieve his own ends. He could just use Strange to BFR the team to Limbo or Hell or some mystic realm, then punch Strange after.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not against Thanos, he hasn't. Thanos mind-controlled him.

Thanos has also mind-controlled Surfer before, IIRC, but others can provide proof of this because I may well be remembering this wrong.

Hulk was also mind controlled by Ex Nihilo.

Strange was controlled by Ebony Maw.

Thor was controlled by Honest John.

Numbers....aren't all that. Thanos knows of everyone's powers here. He's not the type to get his hands dirty if he can use other people to achieve his own ends. He could just use Strange to BFR the team to Limbo or Hell or some mystic realm, then punch Strange after. that's the problem, seeing the fight in one dimension. Assuming Thanos can mind control anyone then you are assuming the team sits there and do nothing. Some members can operate in nanoseconds, faster than Thanos can even think.

If surfer puts a black hole on in him then it is over.

golem370
Thanos would lose these guys have to much muscle.

DarkSaint85
Thanos would lose these guys have to much muscle.

Not if most of them are in Hell.

Insane Titan
All black holes has the same level of force at the singularity, which is infinite.
Although the event horizon, which is many times incorrectly referred to being inside a black hole, has devastating forces, it is not the same thing as touching the singularity. Thanos got phucked up just by being inside the event horizon. Surfer would make Thanos touch a singularity by creating one on him.

Hyperion has the strength to hurt Thanos and the durability to withstand his attacks. Hyperion May not solo Thanos but him being on the team obviously helps.

The problem Thanos face here is that there are multiple attackers. He can't stop them all at the same time. One attack is getting through. Once it does the rest will just pile on, similarly to what we seen against the avengers. we are talking about comic books here not real life , Surfer has never created on panel a black hole that had the effect or closed as quick as the one Thanos faced.

Stop lying or I will report you from trolling again Thanos wasn't phucked up he had minor cuts that's all and was able to sit and hold a conversation with Gamora .The black hole closed completely on Thanos it was even stated on panel so you're real life talk is meaningless here.

Care to give combat feats proving your stance about Hyperion!! One of Thanos generals was putting a massive hurting on Hyperion , and the general was nothing to Thanos.

Attacking as a group means nothing to Thanos as when he showed in infinity when he started to go super sayain with energy sending everyone flying

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not if most of them are in Hell.

Dr. Strange will defeat him there as well.

If Death tries to intervene he will beat her too!

JayDaDon
So yeah, Thanos should win this.

Sin I AM
Thanos wins and easily imo. People seem to forget how bestial he is

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thanos wins and easily imo. People seem to forget how bestial he is

You forget how powerful Dr.Strange is as Sorcerer Supreme.

carver9
Hulk solos.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You forget how powerful Dr.Strange is as Sorcerer Supreme.

Phuck outta here. Even classic strange was only high herald. His greatest feats required prep which he don't have here

Supermex
So this isn't Thanos last stand then?

LordofBrooklyn
Phuck outta here. Even classic strange was only high herald. His greatest feats required prep which he don't have here

Aaah, I see now.

You didn't FORGET how powerful Dr. Strange is as Sorcerer Supreme.

You never knew in the first place.

golem370
Strange has no prep he is imo the first to fall.

LordofBrooklyn
Strange has no prep he is imo the first to fall.

Why?

Dr. Strange can still draw upon a myriad number of sources to augment his power.

golem370
In seconds of an it would take Thanos to attack

LordofBrooklyn
In seconds of an it would take Thanos to attack

Surfer and Hyperion are definitively faster than Thanos. Given that fact, why does Thanos get the first shot in this scenario?

golem370
One Surfer & Hyperion rarely speed blitz any one and Thanos has shown to take attacks from Silver Surfer with little damage which I would say Hyperion is in Silver Surfer's hitting level.

h1a8
we are talking about comic books here not real life , Surfer has never created on panel a black hole that had the effect or closed as quick as the one Thanos faced.

Stop lying or I will report you from trolling again Thanos wasn't phucked up he had minor cuts that's all and was able to sit and hold a conversation with Gamora .The black hole closed completely on Thanos it was even stated on panel so you're real life talk is meaningless here.

Care to give combat feats proving your stance about Hyperion!! One of Thanos generals was putting a massive hurting on Hyperion , and the general was nothing to Thanos.

Attacking as a group means nothing to Thanos as when he showed in infinity when he started to go super sayain with energy sending everyone flying black holes are real. Comics used them in their stories. Thus by writers intentions and suspension of disbelief these are real black holes in comics. Bullets are real bullets in comics. Tanks are real tanks, planets are real planets, stars are real stars, etc.

Now Thanos was caught in the event horizon of the black hole. That's not the singularity (which is the size of an atom).

You are making shit up by claiming black holes have different forces at their singularities. They do pull at different forces, depending on their mass, away from the singularity.

By the universal law of gravity, everything pulls everything in the universe. Pick a flower and you are affecting the furthest star. All black holes are pulling everything in the universe.

Again, the force a black hole pulls and rips you apart depends on how far you are away from the singularity. At the singularity there is infinite force. A centimeter away from the singularity, there is planetary forces or beyond.

Finally, the notion of a black hole "closing" on something makes no sense. Something collapses to become a black hole is correct. Something collapsed in the vicinity of Thanos being and became a black hole.

Thanos was phucked up. Who's lying? He had robots tend to his injuries. Think about it. If Thanos didn't escape in time then he would have been a goner. This is what the writer tried to show. This is his intentions.

h1a8
One Surfer & Hyperion rarely speed blitz any one and Thanos has shown to take attacks from Silver Surfer with little damage which I would say Hyperion is in Silver Surfer's hitting level. Thanos is very durable against energy attacks, but not so much against blunt force attacks. A punch from hulk or Hyperion would rock Thanos.

golem370
I think he did survive it imo

LordofBrooklyn
One Surfer & Hyperion rarely speed blitz any one and Thanos has shown to take attacks from Silver Surfer with little damage which I would say Hyperion is in Silver Surfer's hitting level.

They are fast enough to provide the distraction for Strange to go to work.

golem370
But no prep plus Thanos can attack in all directions. Thanos is always seems to have something up his sleeves.

Insane Titan
black holes are real. Comics used them in their stories. Thus by writers intentions and suspension of disbelief these are real black holes in comics. Bullets are real bullets in comics. Tanks are real tanks, planets are real planets, stars are real stars, etc.

Now Thanos was caught in the event horizon of the black hole. That's not the singularity (which is the size of an atom).

You are making shit up by claiming black holes have different forces at their singularities. They do pull at different forces, depending on their mass, away from the singularity.

By the universal law of gravity, everything pulls everything in the universe. Pick a flower and you are affecting the furthest star. All black holes are pulling everything in the universe.

Again, the force a black hole pulls and rips you apart depends on how far you are away from the singularity. At the singularity there is infinite force. A centimeter away from the singularity, there is planetary forces or beyond.

Finally, the notion of a black hole "closing" on something makes no sense. Something collapses to become a black hole is correct. Something collapsed in the vicinity of Thanos being and became a black hole.

Thanos was phucked up. Who's lying? He had robots tend to his injuries. Think about it. If Thanos didn't escape in time then he would have been a goner. This is what the writer tried to show. This is his intentions. Again youre talking crap and lying it was stated on panel the sigularity closed on Thanos it even showed him to have vanished. Fact remains Surfer has never created one that had the same effect or opened and closed within 30 seconds like that one did.

if Thanos was phucked as you say, then why was he casually sat talking with Gamora? all the robots were doing was cleaing small amounts of blood of his nothing. you act like he was having surgery in A&E

Epicurus
^It's h1. What did you expect?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Epicurus
^It's h1. What did you expect? a miracle !!

Sin I AM
Aaah, I see now.

You didn't FORGET how powerful Dr. Strange is as Sorcerer Supreme.

You never knew in the first place.

What feat does strange have without prep that allows u to think he can do anything othere than lose to Thanos

LordofBrooklyn
What feat does strange have without prep that allows u to think he can do anything othere than lose to Thanos

Any of the ones where he draws upon the power of other mystical entities during battle.

JayDaDon
Thanos is very durable against energy attacks, but not so much against blunt force attacks. A punch from hulk or Hyperion would rock Thanos.

Yeah, the guy who took a hammer shot from Thor with such force his armor exploded, to pretty much no effect seems SO weak to physical damage.

golem370
Or Thanos destroyed his armor to make people think he died and also tanked it with no damage.

Sin I AM
Any of the ones where he draws upon the power of other mystical entities during battle.

Concession accepted

golem370
Thanos is durable in most forms of attacks.

h1a8
Again youre talking crap and lying it was stated on panel the sigularity closed on Thanos it even showed him to have vanished. Fact remains Surfer has never created one that had the same effect or opened and closed within 30 seconds like that one did.

if Thanos was phucked as you say, then why was he casually sat talking with Gamora? all the robots were doing was cleaing small amounts of blood of his nothing. you act like he was having surgery in A&E It was called a miniature black hole. What does that mean? Parts of the ship survived. What does that mean?

It stated nor shown no such thing. The black was created away from Thanos while he was trying to escape. Thanos ship got destroyed in the process of escaping. Obviously, Thanos had to teleport away since he next see him on another ship with gamora.

h1a8
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Yeah, the guy who took a hammer shot from Thor with such force his armor exploded, to pretty much no effect seems SO weak to physical damage. there was a great effect. Thanos is not a pussy, he's not going to scream in pain. Hell he likes it.

Thanos was mad as hell from that hit. That's why he caught the second one. He didn't want to get rocked again.

JayDaDon
He dropped to one knee, that's really all that can be definitively proven. And that appeared to be his best shot.

h1a8
He dropped to one knee, that's really all that can be definitively proven. And that appeared to be his best shot. we know that Thanos likes pain to a degree. He's sick that way. But Thanos didn't want anymore of that hammer as to why he caught it instead of beg for more (like he did the lightning). Also Thanos was mad as hell afterwards as shown on his face. So that proves the hammer shot hurt him like hell.

JayDaDon
It may have hurt, but it left no lasting damage, is my point. Thanos was still in peak form.

bbrem123
Thanos stomps this team. Funny how some try and lowball his recent feats.

Branlor Swift
If Thanos wasn't hurt, then why didn't he just let Thor beat on him for hours?

Huh, huh? Did I get you with that great argument?

Insane Titan
It was called a miniature black hole. What does that mean? Parts of the ship survived. What does that mean?

It stated nor shown no such thing. The black was created away from Thanos while he was trying to escape. Thanos ship got destroyed in the process of escaping. Obviously, Thanos had to teleport away since he next see him on another ship with gamora.

It was called a singularity when it closed on Thanos.

Only a small debris field was shown showing Thanos wasnt there , you have been shown and explained this countless times.

re read the arc Thanos teleported aboard a Skrull ship when it arrived where the black hole had been, that ship arrived a couple of hours later and when Thanos ship had been destroyed(all this is shown and stated on panel).

He has the conversation with gamora at his planet base.

I honestly think you havent read the issue

Branlor Swift
Only in a Thanos thread will a black hole that instantly sucked in everything within two light years, and was only open for 30 seconds total be lowballed because the word "miniature" was used.

I don't see the relevance of the feat in the first place, but I mean, it's not a bad one.

h1a8
It may have hurt, but it left no lasting damage, is my point. Thanos was still in peak form. Damage has nothing to do with being koed. Many characters have been koed in comics without any damage. Lack of damage doesn't prove much if there is evidence of being hurt. Remember fights are to a ko, not necessarily death.

Thanos was hurt and very much affected. He was mad as hell and he didn't want another piece of that hammer (or he wouldn't have caught it).

Insane Titan
Damage has nothing to do with being koed. Many characters have been koed in comics without any damage. Lack of damage doesn't prove much if there is evidence of being hurt. Remember fights are to a ko, not necessarily death.

Thanos was hurt and very much affected. He was mad as hell and he didn't want another piece of that hammer (or he wouldn't have caught it). He caught the hammer so he could punch Thor.

Fact Thanos wasnt hurt, lets see you prove he was hurt

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Only in a Thanos thread will a black hole that instantly sucked in everything within two light years, and was only open for 30 seconds total be lowballed because the word "miniature" was used.

I don't see the relevance of the feat in the first place, but I mean, it's not a bad one.

It was called a singularity when it closed on Thanos.

Only a small debris field was shown showing Thanos wasnt there , you have been shown and explained this countless times.

re read the arc Thanos teleported aboard a Skrull ship when it arrived where the black hole had been, that ship arrived a couple of hours later and when Thanos ship had been destroyed(all this is shown and stated on panel).

He has the conversation with gamora at his planet base.

I honestly think you havent read the issue Ok I forgot that part.
But again, parts of the ship survived as shown in the panel. The black hole was completely gone when the Skrull ship arrived. That means Thanos was definitely around the area when the ship arrived. Thanos was in some part of the wreckage of the parts of the destroyed ship.

Insane Titan
Ok I forgot that part.
But again, parts of the ship survived as shown in the panel. The black hole was completely gone when the Skrull ship arrived. That means Thanos was definitely around the area when the ship arrived. Thanos was in some part of the wreckage of the parts of the destroyed ship. No he wasnt as shown, the wreckage was in small parts, even Adam Warlock who relaid the story explained Thanos was gone.

Dont give me the science crap, Thanos teleported from inside the closed black hole

h1a8
He caught the hammer so he could punch Thor.

Fact Thanos wasnt hurt, lets see you prove he was hurt

Yet he begged for lightning? Why not beg for another hammer blow? Again, Thanos was mad as hell after Thor smite him. Did you see his face? It went from happiness to "why you do that you son of a ....." He didn't have to catch the hammer to punch Thor, just take another blow and then punch Thor. Nice try.

Insane Titan
Yet he begged for lightning? Why not beg for another hammer blow? Again, Thanos was mad as hell after Thor smite him. Did you see his face? It went from happiness to "why you do that you son of a ....." He didn't have to catch the hammer to punch Thor, just take another blow and then punch Thor. Nice try. You think Thanos is going to stand there all day and let Thor hammer away on him when he had a goal to achieve? Really are you that bias\stupid?

He caught the hammer so he had Thor at his mercy ready for the punch.

Branlor Swift
Why didn't they spend 40 pages of Thor hitting Thanos if he wasn't hurt by it?

Why would Thanos ever retaliate if he let Thor hit him previously? Obviously he almost died since he stopped his hammer in a rushed comic.

Why would Thanos even fight back?

bbrem123
I must say, Bran makes some valid points

DarkSaint85
The entire storyline should've been everyone punching Thanos and him just standing there.

I'd buy that GN. Splash page after splash page of non stop hammering. The only words are 'THOOOM' and 'KRACKALACKA BOOOOM'.

Eisner award right there. Whedon can take notes on how a story should be told.

kgkg
laughing out loud Bran cracks up me

Insane Titan
Yeah and Thanos saying "oww it hurts"

KuRuPT Thanosi

Why would Thanos ever retaliate if he let Thor hit him previously? Obviously he almost died since he stopped his hammer in a rushed comic.

I don't get the argument here? Because the editor or writer didn't feel the need to spend 40 pages of thor hitting thanos to make it clear that he's above most any of his attacks and they do little to him? Maybe they trusted the reader to get that point in a few panels when he laughed of Thor's lighting.. and didn't need to hit him with 1000 bolts of lighting to reiterate the same point they thought was obvious. Thor couldn't do much to Thanos.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't get the argument here? Because the editor or writer didn't feel the need to spend 40 pages of thor hitting thanos to make it clear that he's above most any of his attacks and they do little to him? Maybe they trusted the reader to get that point in a few panels when he laughed of Thor's lighting.. and didn't need to hit him with 1000 bolts of lighting to reiterate the same point they thought was obvious. Thor couldn't do much to Thanos. No one has ever been unaffected or minimally hurt by anything if they retaliated at any time.

It's simple arithmetic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Huh? That isn't true at all.. My son could hit me.. doesn't mean it hurt me at all.. but it would piss me off and I might retaliate with a punishment.. whatever that might be. Same with a fight.. and you see it all the time in the ufc or any combat sport... You think because a boxer gets hit.. he's hurt or shows signs of being hurt because he fights back? I know you actually don't believe that argument.. and it's shown to be untrue pretty much everyday on spike or late night boxing. The whole premise of... ohh if he wasn't hurt why did he fight back then and not just keep on taking it.. falls flat pretty much every angle you can look at it.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Huh? That isn't true at all.. My son could hit me.. doesn't mean it hurt me at all.. but it would piss me off and I might retaliate with a punishment.. whatever that might be. Same with a fight.. and you see it all the time in the ufc or any combat sport... You think because a boxer gets hit.. he's hurt or shows signs of being hurt because he fights back? I know you actually don't believe that argument.. and it's shown to be untrue pretty much everyday on spike or late night boxing. The whole premise of... ohh if he wasn't hurt why did he fight back then and not just keep on taking it.. falls flat pretty much every angle you can look at it. It's pretty obvious that Mike Tyson only knocked people out because he was hurt at the time. One does not simply let someone swing at them and retaliate in a fight or a 40 page comic with like 10 pages left without getting hurt.

A recent example would be Anderson vs Stephen Boner. Anderson was playing with him and then all of the sudden he dropped him like a worthless sack of Rich Franklin. Boner must have really hurt Anderson bad. I mean, it's only logical science thingamajig stuff

Also, plus 1 for beating your son.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now I know you're not truly serious with that argument and just joking. Good one Bran

-1 since I have no son.

Estacado
Thanos mind controls Hulk again who one shots Thor again whoops Strange again and keeps Hyperion busy while he beats Surfer to death again.
After that they rape Hyperion.

carver9
we know that Thanos likes pain to a degree. He's sick that way. But Thanos didn't want anymore of that hammer as to why he caught it instead of beg for more (like he did the lightning). Also Thanos was mad as hell afterwards as shown on his face. So that proves the hammer shot hurt him like hell.

Why would Thanos keep begging for more? Does that even make sense to you? How long would he have to stand there taking hammer shots for you to realize he wasn't hurt by it?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Estacado
Thanos mind controls Hulk again who one shots Thor again whoops Strange again and keeps Hyperion busy while he beats Surfer to death again.
After that they rape Hyperion.

More likely Dr.Strange puts the Hulk to sleep or BFR removes him.

Estacado
Lies Hulk has the power to force others fight him h2h.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Estacado
Lies Hulk has the power to force others fight him h2h.

Dr. Strange puts Banner out of his misery.

P.S. DON'T steal my LIES catchphrase.

mad

JayDaDon

thumb up Thank you for using the argument I was alluding to and taking it to the absurd levels I was thinking.

h1a8

Two hits are good enough to prove it didn't hurt like hell, when Thanos face showed pain from being struck in the first place.

He stopped the hammer so that he would not be struck again. If the hammer blow was meaningless then he would have just been hit again and preceded to stomp Thor.
Why catch it if it's meaningless? That's like Superman bothering to catch a bullet to protect himself.

You think Thanos is going to stand there all day and let Thor hammer away on him when he had a goal to achieve? Really are you that bias\stupid?

He caught the hammer so he had Thor at his mercy ready for the punch. Look at Thanos face when he is being struck. That's a face of pain. Look at Thanos face after he was struck. He was mad as hell. "You son of a ....., how dare you hurt me like that".

My point is, if that hammer blow didn't hurt (Thanos likes pain to a certain extent anyway) then why catch it. Just take another blow and then beat the shit out of Thor.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Why would Thanos keep begging for more? Does that even make sense to you? How long would he have to stand there taking hammer shots for you to realize he wasn't hurt by it?

You have to look at the whole picture to understand. Looking at parts isn't strong enough.

1. Thanos begged for another lightning attack.
2. Thanos didn't beg or allow another hammer attack. Two would have sufficed.
3. Thanos face was a face of pain when he was getting struck.
4. Thanos caught the hammer and had a face of supreme anger against Thor hitting him.

JayDaDon
Not saying it didn't hurt thanos (just to clarify, because it WAS Thor's best hammer strike) but it didn't do any lasting damage. In fact, it made Thanos begin to take the fight a little seriously by powering up and blowing everyone away.

h1a8
It's pretty obvious that Mike Tyson only knocked people out because he was hurt at the time. One does not simply let someone swing at them and retaliate in a fight or a 40 page comic with like 10 pages left without getting hurt.

A recent example would be Anderson vs Stephen Boner. Anderson was playing with him and then all of the sudden he dropped him like a worthless sack of Rich Franklin. Boner must have really hurt Anderson bad. I mean, it's only logical science thingamajig stuff

Also, plus 1 for beating your son.

Bad analogy. Neither of those fighters want to get hit as they know they will be rocked.

No one said, Thanos hit Thor because he was hurt. I said he caught Thor's hammer because he was hurt (as seen by his face when being struck). Otherwise, he would have tanked another shot and then beat the shit out of Thor.

h1a8
Not saying it didn't hurt thanos (just to clarify, because it WAS Thor's best hammer strike) but it didn't do any lasting damage. In fact, it made Thanos begin to take the fight a little seriously by powering up and blowing everyone away. I'm debating against fools who say it didn't hurt Thanos when the panel clearly shows his face of pain when being struck and his demeanor becomes angry as hell vs. smiling and happy against the little lightning strikes.

Supermex
Thanos has 3 bruisers/bricks sluggers comin at him here with Hulk, Thor and Hyperion. ..

Then Dr.Strange and Surfer running interference.

Tough order for anybody.

Insane Titan
I'm debating against fools who say it didn't hurt Thanos when the panel clearly shows his face of pain when being struck and his demeanor becomes angry as hell vs. smiling and happy against the little lightning strikes. you do talk utter rubbish, when Thanos smiled at the 3 shots he took from PG Thor you said that still rocked him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.