Jean Grey (Phoenix) vs Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Both Blood Lusted

quanchi112
Manhattan wins.

Supra
Originally posted by quanchi112
Manhattan wins.

She resists his disintegration and instead disintegrates him and then possess's him.

DrDeadpool
Didn't SHE got killed by wolverine?

KingD19
Originally posted by Supra
She resists his disintegration and instead disintegrates him and then possess's him.

Nah. Doesn't work that way. He's a being of pure energy and far beyond her ability to possess since his mind works on like 10 levels beyond hers. So even if she could make him go boom, he'd just reform.

Also, she's shown no ability to stop molecular disintegration. If Wolverine can stab her, Manhattan can splat her.

The only version that possibly stands a chance is the alternate scene where instead of taking apart the null gun and turning the darts on Magneto, she takes a cup and turns it into a ball of nuclear energy and the waves start radiating outwards and f*cking people up.

Impediment
Manhattan wins, easily.

He's on a completely different level than Jean Grey.

*edit* Manhattan points at Jean Grey and she explodes like a Hot Pocket in a microwave.

Supra
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Didn't SHE got killed by wolverine?

Im pretty sure she let him. Like when she said "Kill me"

Firefly218
Manhattan wins 200000/10

KingD19
Im pretty sure she let him. Like when she said "Kill me"

She only stopped him from disintegrating as bad as everyone else. She couldn't have stopped him from stabbing her.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment

*edit* Manhattan points at Jean Grey and she explodes like a Hot Pocket in a microwave.

Dammit I hate when that happens!!!

Supra
Originally posted by KingD19
She only stopped him from disintegrating as bad as everyone else. She couldn't have stopped him from stabbing her.

So your saying he held back but if she didn't he still could have killed her? Right..

Dude, she let him kill her. She could have stopped him but she wanted to die. She did not use her full force on him. He would not have survived disintegration full force.

qBsGzcsFOMo

KingD19
She can't fully kill him because of the Adamantium, so he'd heal no matter what. She just made it easier.

I was pointing out that she had no defense from him stabbing her. Movie Jean had no shields or anything like that. And no defense against Manhattan splatting her.

Supra
She can't fully kill him because of the Adamantium, so he'd heal no matter what. She just made it easier.

I was pointing out that she had no defense from him stabbing her. Movie Jean had no shields or anything like that. And no defense against Manhattan splatting her.

If she removes all his dna, he dies. No coming back.

KingD19
She can't disintegrate anything surrounded/coated by the Adamantium. That means his bone marrow and brain are safe. Also, if you watched the movie, you'd see that while other people were killed instantly, he was only losing patches at a time even when she wasn't focused on him.

And what proof do you have she can remove his DNA? That's ridiculous for the movie version. Even the comic version would have some trouble with that.

Zack Fair
Phoenix was weasauce and over rated as **** IMO.

BruceSkywalker
Jean "explodes" as she looks at Doc's blue balls laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

quanchi112
She resists his disintegration and instead disintegrates him and then possess's him. I don't see her resisting it whereas he can resist being destroyed.

Lestov16
Manhattan FTW. Even if Jean somehow holds against the intrinsic field removal, Manhattan can just BFR her to deep space where she suffocates to death, or just turn the air around her in Zyklon B. Movie Phoenix was at best a molecule manipulator, whereas Manhattan was manipulating quantum particles.

Placidity
So your saying he held back but if she didn't he still could have killed her? Right..

Dude, she let him kill her. She could have stopped him but she wanted to die. She did not use her full force on him. He would not have survived disintegration full force.

I think you two might actually agree but are talking past each other.

Facts:

1. Dark Phoenix did not use her full power on Logan.

2. If Dark Phoenix used her full power, Logan would not have been able to get close to her.

3. Dark Phoenix allowed Logan to kill her.

4. Dark Phoenix can be killed by physical means like being stabbed.

Opinion: Dark Phoenix may/may not have been able to permanently kill Logan.

Logan has never displayed a level of regen that would suggest he could come back from a skeleton in the movies.

Evidence from The Wolverine suggests he can be killed by simply removing his heart. In the movie, Logan actually does NOT remove his heart at any time, he merely rips out the parasite which damages his heart, and even that was apparently near fatal (but also keep in mind, the parasite had been messing with his healing factor). The vision that Logan will die by having his heart ripped out may still come true (although we don't know the circumstances - e.g could have been affected by anti-regen factors like Leech, antidote from X3 etc).

Furthermore, the adamantium may not afford his bones any protection. In order for Logan to regenerate from the cells of his bones, there must be holes in the layer of adamantium for the cells to grow out. Because of these holes, the adamantium offers no protection. Also, it is possible she could telekinetically disintegrate the material inside the adamantium layer even if there were no holes. And of course, if the adamantium layer did not have holes, then the cells wouldn't be able to regenerate out...

And of course if Logan can regenerate from a cell, every time he bleeds, each blood cell would grow into another Wolverine.

- - -

And what proof do you have she can remove his DNA? That's ridiculous for the movie version. Even the comic version would have some trouble with that.

Dark Phoenix can affect objects on a molecular level. DNA exists on a molecular level. However "removing his DNA" is not even as impressive as her full power disintegration.

Her display of disintegration is more impressive than the Doctor's. As said before, her disintegration can work on a molecular level (perhaps even atomic), while Manhattan disintegrates people on a cellular level, hence the blood splat. However, Manhattan has other telekinetic feats that put him above her.

One area that Dark Phoenix is superior in is in telepathy. I don't remember if Manhattan has this ability at all. But if he does, it is nowhere near Dark Phoenix's level.

Having said that, Manhattan overall is on another level, and at a minimum is virtually immortal.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Impediment
Manhattan wins, easily.

He's on a completely different level than Jean Grey.

If I knew how to, I'd post something Gaffigan related. Relating in Hot Pockets, of course.

meep-meep
Manhattan is too hot for Jeans' pocket.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.