Thor vs Aquaman (twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No blasting, nothing but pure fighting. We all know Thor is above Aquaman so lets make this interesting. Aquaman gets his weapon for this fight whereas Thor has to go fist cuff.

Who wins?

-Pr-
Thor still wins.

Are you trying to get banned?

pym-ftw
Thor after taking a nasty wound.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor still wins.

Are you trying to get banned?

Why? Aquaman is a high class 100...has been stated on panel as being one of fhe strongest being on the planet and he is wielding an enchanted weapon that can obviously stab through Thor. An argument can be made. Any thread that I make, if you believe it's a stomp, close it. I do not mind at all and I would more than likely understand. Don't know why this has to be a difficult process. Sigh.

Sin I AM
I can see am taking a maj if its predncu

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Looking at current Aquaman fts, he seems to be more powerful than Reboot minus the TP.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Why? Aquaman is a high class 100...has been stated on panel as being one of fhe strongest being on the planet and he is wielding an enchanted weapon that can obviously stab through Thor. An argument can be made. Any thread that I make, if you believe it's a stomp, close it. I do not mind at all and I would more than likely understand. Don't know why this has to be a difficult process. Sigh.

laughing out loud

You're easy to mess with these days.

Originally posted by Sin I AM

Telepathy?

Looking at current Aquaman fts, he seems to be more powerful than Reboot minus the TP.

He has more blatant showings of strength and durability, yes.

carver9
laughing out loud

Telepathy?

OMG...(sometimes I want to karate chop the hell out of you).

celeyhyga17
Thor can take a shiet ton of cutting/stabbing damage.

Better fighter and way too strong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Does Aquaman get a few free hits with the trident before the fight starts? Because I see no other reason why this would be a fight any other way.

I mean yea, DCnU Aquaman is very impressive in his title but then you compare him to Thor in his own title and you realize he'd get his head punched off.

Thor is way more powerful physically and Aquaman isn't facing some brute. I'm trying to think of a reason why he wouldn't just disarm Aquaman and run through with his own trident?

Sin I AM
laughing out loud

Telepathy?

He has more blatant showings of strength and durability, yes.

Bingo

-Pr-
Ah. Yeah, he is pretty strong in that regard.

beatboks

Pre Flashpoint Arthur's peak showings in my opinion match ( if not exceed) his Nu52 ones in strength and durability ( Sub Diego for example). The main difference post FP is they are more consistently at the high end.

The only way I see this as a fair fight is to make the trident the pre FP one that was given him by Posiedon for saving him from Hades. That trident had similar level of powers to Mjilnor. I know Mjilnor isn't in the battle but realistically Thor still has his weather control even without it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by beatboks
That trident had similar level of powers to Mjilnor.

Based on?

pym-ftw
No blasting, nothing but pure fighting.
Who wins? Originally posted by beatboks
The only way I see this as a fair fight is to make the trident the pre FP one that was given him by Posiedon for saving him from Hades. That trident had similar level of powers to Mjilnor. I know Mjilnor isn't in the battle but realistically Thor still has his weather control even without it. its H2trident

chipguy_okay
Aquaman wins by stabbing Thor in the face with the trident. Pretty simple, really.

eaebiakuya
Thor. And he dont even need a liver to beat a Atlantian.

h1a8
If aquaman stabs Thor (which is highly likely) then Aquaman would be at a great advantage as Thor would be weakened and bleeding more by the moment.

I think think this fight is slightly one sided, similarly if Thor had Mjolnir it would be one sided for him.

So carver not a bad thread but just a little too much for Arthur here. The gap isn't that big IMO.

Silent Master
Thor wins.

deathlife
Even if Aquaman stabs him, Thor has shown very recently (God Butcher arc) that he take and dish out a shit ton of damage while being stabbed.

Thor wins.

beatboks
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on?

based on depiction and showings (though granted he never had it long - or at least the showings of it's power are limited because he rarely used it)

During pre FP the trident that was gifted Arthur by Poseidon gave him protection form magic and could alter/ cast /break spells. It allowed dimensional travel, complete control over water to the point where he controlled weather like fog, he even used it once to cause an earth quake by affecting tectonic plates with the pressure of water.

Basically it was an amped version of the water hand it followed.

its H2trident

I'm aware of that, but even in a fight without blasts etc Thor can be enhanced by his storm powers in a normal fighting way. Better to have him keep Mjilnor and Arthur have the pre FP trident of godly power too.

this is the same Thor who could take everything Silver Surfer dished out even while sporting a massive wound in his chest from the world tree. How the hell is a stab wound from a trident going to disadvantage him ??????

StiltmanFTW
laughcry

You make the best threads.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
If aquaman stabs Thor (which is highly likely) then Aquaman would be at a great advantage as Thor would be weakened and bleeding more by the moment.

I think think this fight is slightly one sided, similarly if Thor had Mjolnir it would be one sided for him.

So carver not a bad thread but just a little too much for Arthur here. The gap isn't that big IMO.

Why would Aquaman stabbing Thor be very likely? Is there some massive skill or speed advantage for him that I'm not aware of?

Bleeding? Lol, because if there's one thing Thor has shown us recently, it's that bleeding and brutal wounds are something he cannot overcome.

Originally posted by beatboks
based on depiction and showings (though granted he never had it long - or at least the showings of it's power are limited because he rarely used it)

During pre FP the trident that was gifted Arthur by Poseidon gave him protection form magic and could alter/ cast /break spells. It allowed dimensional travel, complete control over water to the point where he controlled weather like fog, he even used it once to cause an earth quake by affecting tectonic plates with the pressure of water.

I believe I've seen each of those examples aside from the dimensional travel and none of it justifies calling it Mjolnir level. It'd be like saying current Aquaman is Thor level in strength because he lifted the back end of a ocean cruise ship.

-Pr-
Gonna close this. A year from now, I can see Aquaman being much more of a threat (like say, Namor would be), though even then he'd still be a good notch or several below Thor.

So closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.