The Hobbit Trailer on Kazaa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrixStar
ya I was surfing around on kazza and just typed in The Hobbit and wowie a kick ass trailer came up of the hobbit the movie coming out in 2006. Said something to the affect of Smaug awakens 12 19 06 had the same characters gandalf and the young version of bilbo looked pretty damn real. If someone did make up this trailer they did a hellofa job.

turin
i dont know if it was the same trailer but i also saw a trailer for it, but it was home made. it was done really well and i wouldnt have been able to tell if i didnt realize that many of the clips were taken from other movies. such as the footage of the dragon came from an old Dragon Slayer movie i use to watch when i was a kid.

hayden's minx
got URL?

Bespin Bart
It is on KaZaA. There is no URL.

Myndon
I never knew they were making the Hobbit into a film

turin
they arent, as of right now. someone made a homemade trailer for it, but it was done quite well. they are talking about doing like a TV miniseries for the hobbit, but it is all just talk right now.

troy
so where can I find the trailer The Return of The King, if there is one yet...?

Captain REX
On KaZaA or some place like that.

GordonSkywalker
I never thought The Hobbit would make a good film., I read the book once at the behest of a friend. Homemade trailers are becoming commonplace though and not just with this particular series.

Captain REX
On the contrary, I think it would make a good film. It has Gollum, it has a dragon, it has a large battle between dwarves & elves against Orcs, it has giant eagles, it has a long journey, and it all makes sense to me. big grin

GordonSkywalker
I bow to your incessant knowledge of the book my friend. I cannot even remember the details of the story as it was some time ago when I read it in the first place.

Captain REX
I read it a few weeks ago, and I had forgotten it as well. I'd like to see the Battle of the Five Armies. Dwarves of the Iron Hills and of Erebor, Elves of Mirkwood, Men of Laketown, Orcs of the Misty Mountains, and the Eagles.

thelotrlovr15
okey dokey artichokey.....

what is the address for these trailers?

Captain REX
Well, the Hobbit trailer wasn't on the internet. Try KaZaA or Morpheus or whatever the hell you use to get mp3s and movies.

jimbo3
I don't think The Hobbit would make a film as good as the LOTR films.

BackFire349
im sure tehy will make the hobbit into a movie eventually.

Captain REX
They'd better, or I'll...I'll...do something not very nice...though I have no idea what that would be.

BackFire349
come on this message board and whine?

Captain REX
Yes, that's what I'll do...wait a second, what?! big grin

GordonSkywalker
So is The Hobbit considered part of the LOTR canon? I know it is more of a prequel or introduction to the series than a major part of it.

Adumarwen
I have seen the trailer on Kazaa as well and it is totally kick ass! I can not belive they are going to make us wait that long! Those terds! smile smile

M82SoCalif
The hobbit is most deffinately a part of LOTR canon. In fact parts of the the hobbit are shown in the prologe to the fellowship of the ring. The shot with golum sitting on a rock surrounded by a pond and the scene with bilbo laying on the ground in the dark when he picks up the right both are a part of the hobit's story. Links and important events in the hobbit that effect LOTR:

*Bilbo first meets gandalf.
*Bilbo meets the dwarf (i forgot his name) who was the dead leader of moria.
*Bilbo meets golum and keeps the ring.
*Bilbo sees the misty mountains and the lonely mountain that he longs to see again in the fellowship of the ring.
*Bilbo finds sting and is given his elfish chainmail that keeps frodo alive in the fellowship.
*Bilbo meets and tricks the 3 trolls that you seen in the extended fellowship thereby saving his party of dwarfs.
*Bilbo has an incident with a dragon...gandalf mentions this to frodo in the first few seconds of the fellowship.
*And bilbo accuires most of the wealth that he has in fellowship. This excess wealth makes many of the other hobbits (expecially his relatives) jealous and envious and is one of the reasons for his leaving the shire at the beggining of the fellowship. I also believe that tolkin made it seem that had he not been wealthy he would have not been in a position to have frodo move in with him and become his heir.

Adumarwen
If you go to Kazaa you might see one I have downloaded a few myself but they turneds out to be fonies or preveiws for all three movies all in one like the teasers shown before any details of the frist one even showed itself so you may want to check Kazaa. Hope you find one you are satisfied with. smile Happy Dance big grin

Sulli
I think it would make a better tv series than a film, but to be honest if Ian Mckellen (the Legend) is in it, I really wouldn't care if it was a Radio series.... sIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS THE DON.

Oh and does anyone know where I would be able to find out about auditions for the hobbit or any sites where they'll probably put them up?

Cheers, Sulli

eloi
lol.

You're kind of the slow type, aren't you Adumarwen? Or maybe just the type that likes to talk a lot (or post) but doesn't like to read very much.

But anyway!

Yeah I downloaded the trailer too. I did think it was very odd that they'd be releasing a trailer for a movie that isn't going to be realeased until 2006 (I'm pretty sure that they didn't have a trailer out for return of the king out in 2001, and it's not so farfetched to announce the opening of a movie 3 years later for the final part of a trilogy with the promise of the first two installments yearly as a justification).

The gratious enlightenment of turin notwithstanding, one could piece together the fact that the trailer is homemade piecemeal:

It starts with New Line Cinema, the source of which could be one of many movies.

Next we have good old Gandalf giddy-upping his horsey through The Shire, walking through the gate, and a-knock-knock-knocking with his trusty staff on Bilbo's itty bitty hobbit hole door (don't you just love the shape on knob location? I always wondered what it would be like having your knob placed in the middle vertically smile -- all courtesy of lotr part 1.

Next we have the scene with our bow-happy wood elves, I believe from lotr 2, followed by the oh-so-purty cloudly mountain hide-away, the drippity drip water, and what a pretty friggin night, complimented by the good ol' full moon seen through the trees scene! -- I'm thinking the pond-scene was from the beginning of part 1 (the quicky review of bilbo's misadventures), the mountains and the moon could have been from either, but I'm thinking the mountains (since they aren't of the snowy persuasion) where featured in the beginning of part 2, and I'm open to input on the moon, though I'm throwing a couple cents towards the scene where our hobbitty friends Mary and lil' P were out late at night carousing with the treants!

We're then presented with bilbo's grubby little hand unclamping on his bloody precious (at which point we wonder if he ever washing them), which I believe also came from the events preceding this episode catch up from part 1, but for all I know that could have been Frodo's nasty little end of limb!?

Okay, now we see what is supposed to be the dragon entering the lake (presented purely by his tail), but I don't recall that from any of the lotrs, and I'm actually leaning towards the idea that it is a scene from one of the sci-fi movies -- maybe someone can help me out on this -- where they have those scarry reptile like things that slip up under your shirt dand parasite onto your spine and maybe even a lil' loving into the medula oblongata (sp?) for a grand ol' end result of controlling your mind, with the intention of freaking out your girlfriend, spawning a relative to possess your neighbor, and eventually if all goes well, pinki, try to take over the world!

I'm not sure about the claw, is it supposed to be the dragons? Is that from dragon slayer? Good job turin on recognizing that smile I'm assuming all the dragon footage came from there.

We get another shot of Gandalf toting staff, which I won't even take a stab at the precise source of, but I'm getting ahead of myself -- first we see meany-pants dragon (Doesn't even look like Smaug to me! Seems a whole lot less inteligent too, even if he did supposedly just wake up). Burn village burn! Those guys are way too big to be hobbits, look at the purty ring portruding from the muddy river-bottom -- wonder from whence THAT footage came -- more fire! fire! fire! uh-huh-huh, hey beavis, look at the dragon head, then the supposed Bilbo standing in front of the supposed Smaugy getting errect and ready to throw down, of which stuck out most was the horrible hair-do -- looked like a Gene Wilder job -- Follow that with some more classy lotr 1 ripoffs, as the ring goes clingity-clingity-clang, (insert dragon expressing fact that he had Mexican food with lots of peppers for dinner, beeeeeelllllllccccccchhhh), clang clang cling along the mountainside, dang -- watch that ring go! -- have gravity, will travel. Okay, now it's getting old, throw in "The Hobbit" in almost matching text with the dircted by Peter Jackson, Ian and Ian with the biggie eagle, more original: "Smaug Awakens", a date, and then, my favorite part of the credits!

"made by steve latham [email protected]"

Still think it's real?

Izz
You don't seem to be reading posts either, since Turin already mentioned he had seen it in the Dragon Slayer movie.

mikthefish
here is the URL for you non-Kazaa types:
www . lathamfilm.com / hobbit.html

(the spaces are b/c this board won't allow me to post URLs)

VenomVA
Ok the trailer isn't real....I just downloaded it and I have to say that whoever did it did a damn good job....I watch it daily! Has anyone noticed that the music of the trailer goes perfectly with the clips.

Hats off the the person(s) who did this...btw I love the music on it!

big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

ilvorlandobloom
hey did u guys know that there is a cartoon version of The Hobbit? i saw it a long time ago i just remember that Gollum is in it and so is Smaug the dragon so i guess most of the other stuff from the book is in it too.

kristinabrown
they will probably make the hobbit just because lord of the rings did so well as a movie. that trailor is good, and the music is cool, whoever did it did a good job.
Peace,
Kristina stick out tongue wink big grin

Smllfry247
I saw the cartoon version of the hobbit!

GABRIEL05
I just wanna know where he got that original version of Summer Overture. Without all the annoying electronic beats and sh*t.

ukdk
I guess we have established that the trailer for the hobbit is not real, but does anyone know where the music comes from. I have heard something simikar before, and I would like to have it?

Calinė
The big violin piece is called Requim for a Dream. Now if you have a good memory that was the title a movie a ways back. The LotR's people took the main score of that and wrote another version with which they put in the trailer for The Two Towers.

username39120jo
yeah u can dowload the song on kazaa, idid.... its pretty good, but i still can't get the song out of my head! Stop the insanity, please! wacko

Mithrael
It's a made up trailer, although they are going to make the Hobbit. She Scene's with Smaug in it, are from a really old movie..I can't place which one. The other scenes are ovbiously from The Fellowship of the Ring.

GABRIEL05
well that comes as a surprise, because I thought the song was called Summer Overture, and that the original version was the Acoustic (LOTR) one...I still can't find the LOTR one.

Isilwen Took
I'm sorry but.. It's not real Hobbit scenes.. Think! It will be in cinema on 2006! He don't have start the project yet!! It's impossible!

ugthebarbarian
Hi guys.

It's true that trailer could have been made at home by somebody. However, it could have been thrown together by Peter Jackson and his crew as a proposal to New Line Cinema to fund the project. 3 years is a long time, and there's a good chance they made that to show the executives at New Line Cinema a tiny hint at what they could be funding.

Ian mcKellen did say that they were thinking about it, and he was the one who suggested they make it into a mini tv series, so that they could get all the details of the book in there.

Evangeline
Well I was going to post the address when you can find the trailer, but this forum won't let me because I am new. But check out Latham film website...latham film dot com slash hobbit dot html There ya go. lol And yes it is a fake apparently...but well done.

The10thNazgul
The Kazaa Trailer for "The Hobbit" is so poorly made it insults Peter Jackson's Ability to do the movie. Im sure when it does release in late 2006 a year after his remake of King Kong it will kick so much ass everyone will have a heart attack!

Hegemon875
Niether do you it seems because Izz goes on to compliment the person who noticed it was from Dragon Slayer. Next time finish reading the post before replying.

Hegemon875
Sorry, when I said Izz I meant Eloi

Leog14
I just wanna ask, how long was the teaser

Leog14
By the way did this teaser have a dragon breathen fire and the ring being shown.

Leog14
If it is then, It looks like scenes from FOTR and Dragonheart.

The10thNazgul
Thats the one

patrick j
yea i found the trailer on the internet!!!!!!

the address is

ww.lathamfilm.com/hobbit.html

i think that it is great

i had to leave out the first "w" of the link cause it wouldn't let me post a link

domine21
A source from New Line Cinema has already stated that 1) NewLine proposed that Jackson direct the Hobbit, 2) pre-production would begin in spring 2005 due to Jackson's current commitments, and 3) Jackson refuses to be associated with a television mini-series. Also, Weaving has stated that he would not be interested in returning to the role of Elrond in a feature film based on "The Hobbit". Jackson himself has stated that he has no plans or time in the next 2 years to take on the project. As I highly doubt that New Line would pursue another director, and as I doubt that they would substitute new cast members, your not going to see a valid trailer for this film. However, it is interesting that both Ian's have turned down roles in multiple screenplays that were to begin pre-production in spring of 2005. Hmmmm....

gaga
must have hobbit movie

Rebel Racer
whos Smaug?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.