The Gorgon vs. Midnighter (with stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaxthejester
Midnighter

vs.

The Gorgon

Match Stipulations:
Gorgon is not allowed to use his gaze attack.
Gorgon has a normal Katana (no magic weapons).
Midnighter has standard equipment.
No Prep. No BFR.
Morality/Personality is on.

Scenario 1: Gorgon vs. Wildstorm Midnighter
Scenario 2: Gorgon vs. DC/Current Midnighter

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/MDNTR-Cv1_solicit.png

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011212728/marveldatabase/images/thumb/c/ce/Tomi_Shishido_Gorgon.jpg/161px-Tomi_Shishido_Gorgon.jpg

Who takes it?

Khazra Reborn
Right now, Gorgon in both, but Gorgon might end up jobbing to Shang Chi in a few weeks. I really hope he doesn't.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Right now, Gorgon in both, but Gorgon might end up jobbing to Shang Chi in a few weeks. I really hope he doesn't.

Do tell? In what comic will said fight occur?

abhilegend
The guy who got oneshotted by Daredevil vs Midnighter?

mmm

KingD19
Originally posted by abhilegend

mmm

The guy who one shotted a speedster, and tanked being pummeled by a 30ft tall Stonewall.

jaxthejester

mmm

One and the same.

Gorgon appears to be trending towards Street Level.
He was stalemated by Iron Fist, then jump kick KOd by Daredevil.
And now he appears to be about two weeks away from finding a solid match at the hands of Shang Chi.

Midnighter's chances are looking pretty good to me...

Bentley
Whose to say Daredevil loses against Midnighter though? mmm

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
The guy who one shotted a speedster, and tanked being pummeled by a 30ft tall Stonewall.
So basically every street level character? Midnighter has also taken out speedsters and taken blows from Apollo who is a confirmed class 100.Originally posted by jaxthejester
One and the same.

Gorgon appears to be trending towards Street Level.
He was stalemated by Iron Fist, then jump kick KOd by Daredevil.
And now he appears to be about two weeks away from finding a solid match at the hands of Shang Chi.

Midnighter's chances are looking pretty good to me...
thumb up

I want shang to push Gorgon's shit in. I like seeing stilt suffer.

uhuh

KingD19
So basically every street level character? Midnighter has also taken out speedsters and taken blows from Apollo who is a confirmed class 100.

I know. I read that fight. He also took Apollo out by smacking him in the eardrums.

But to say Midnighter is street level in terms of durability is hilarious. He's been kicked for miles by The Doctor and shrugged it off, took hits from Apollo, etc, etc... And he's fast too. Far faster than an average street level portayal.

jaxthejester
Indeed. Midnighter is eight kinds of badass.

abhilegend
I know. I read that fight. He also took Apollo out by smacking him in the eardrums.

But to say Midnighter is street level in terms of durability is hilarious. He's been kicked for miles by The Doctor and shrugged it off, took hits from Apollo, etc, etc... And he's fast too. Far faster than an average street level portayal.
I'm confuzzled. Whose side are you on?

huh

KingD19
I'm not arguing for either side. I actually think it'd be a very good fight and going with the averages, highs, and lows that I know of, I'm not sure who'd win. I'm just pointing out that neither of these guys are street level. Anytime they appear so is because of bad writing usually.

At one point Midnighter spit a tooth at a man's skull and it exploded. I doubt any street could do that.

DarkSaint85
1. Midnighter.
2. Split, slight edge to Gorgon.

Golgo13
DCnU Mids has been impressive, overall. Finding Martian Manhunters weak spot and even surprising him and taking it to two Red Lanterns.

KingD19
I haven't read any Nu-52 Mids. Is he that good?

DarkSaint85
Nah. MM wasn't discomforted by Mids strike, and he hasn't racked the feats preboot Mids has.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah. MM wasn't discomforted by Mids strike, and he hasn't racked the feats preboot Mids has.

Are you thinking of the same instance? MM had to shapeshift in order not to die.

red sabre
it depends if nutella is involved in this fight IMO.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Golgo13
Are you thinking of the same instance? MM had to shapeshift in order not to die.

Yah, and its his basic powerset. He could have also gone intangible, tanked it, used his TK to stop the punch...

That's like saying Hulk can kill Juggernaut, except Juggy has to use his enchantment in order not to die.

Or Batman can kill Superman, except Superman has to use his durability to survive.

Or Harley with a gun can kill Wolverine, except etc etc you get it lol.

Good feat, but compared to what preboot did? Not THAT impressive.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/50639/3515760-midnighter+vs+martian+manhunter.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/50639/3515761-midnighter+vs+martian+manhunter+2.jpg

KingD19
It doesn't work that way. MM showed he was fast strong enough to kill a Martian with a single hit. J'onn surviving because he pulled a Toguro doesn't take away from that.

DarkSaint85
It doesn't work that way. MM showed he was fast strong enough to kill a Martian with a single hit. J'onn surviving because he pulled a Toguro doesn't take away from that.

No, like I said, nice feat. I'm not taking away from it, but does it stack up against preboot?

KingD19
It actually goes pretty well against his fight with Apollo. Using his strength/speed combined with his battle computer(whatever this new one has) and skills to use a superhuman blow to take down a Superman-esque opponent rather easily.

And even though MM survived, he did make J'onn bleed.

DarkSaint85
That's the thing. Does he have a battle PC?

KingD19
I think this one's got muscle enhancements that basically let him do the same thing.

jaxthejester
Assuming we are going off of the pre-boot (Wildstorm) version...

Any thoughts on how Gorgon's telepathy would stack up against Midnighter's battle chip?

I'm also curious how folks feel these two match up physically (speed, durability, strength).

maxivitopowe
The way it was described top me was that it was more like Madame Webs prescience,

DarkSaint85
Preboot yes, dunno about DCnU though.

Plus preboot was more willing to use doors in a battle.

StiltmanFTW
When is Gorgon going to job to Shang?

carver9
Shang is doing well against him but what I am getting from it is, Gorgon is letting Shang hit him like that. Testing him. I could be wrong.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by carver9
Shang is doing well against him but what I am getting from it is, Gorgon is letting Shang hit him like that. Testing him. I could be wrong.

Interesting idea, Carver.

Are you going off of the preview alone, or did someone let slip a few extra tid-bits about the upcoming issue?

I'm looking forward to their fight. I've always liked Shang Chi. big grin

jaxthejester
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
When is Gorgon going to job to Shang?

In a couple weeks. Though I'm hoping the fight isn't too one-sided (from either man). wink

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/RaphaelsArticles/news/?a=93393

Sin I AM
Gorgon should lose the Shang....he's just that good

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Gorgon should lose the Shang....he's just that good

It will certainly boost Shang on the Street Level food chain if takes out Gorgon.

carver9
Originally posted by jaxthejester
Interesting idea, Carver.

Are you going off of the preview alone, or did someone let slip a few extra tid-bits about the upcoming issue?

I'm looking forward to their fight. I've always liked Shang Chi. big grin

The preview. Gorgon isn't even fighting back. He's just standing there which is unlike Gorgon.

Sin I AM
It will certainly boost Shang on the Street Level food chain if takes out Gorgon.

Boost him past who? Hes already top tier

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Boost him past who? Hes already top tier

I'm not arguing.

But the majority of posts (that I've seen) trend towards the notion that characters like Wolverine are a step above Shang.

Khazra Reborn

mmm

Bendis bullshit.

I prefer this one;

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4658/gorgonvswolverine1.th.jpghttp://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4959/gorgonvswolverine2.th.jpg

abhilegend
Daredevil oneshotted wolverine too.

mhmm

Khazra Reborn
He was amped, he had a dumbbell. smile

Sin I AM
I'm not arguing.

But the majority of posts (that I've seen) trend towards the notion that characters like Wolverine are a step above Shang.

Only due to powers

KingD19
But isn't Shang as high as he is due to powers?(Chi Amping)

Sin I AM
But isn't Shang as high as he is due to powers?(Chi Amping)

No even without chi amping he's high street

ODG
I'm not arguing.

But the majority of posts (that I've seen) trend towards the notion that characters like Wolverine are a step above Shang. That's because the majority of posts are stupid.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by ODG
That's because the majority of posts are stupid.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
He was amped, he had a dumbbell. smile
Throat chop bro.

mhm

Khazra Reborn
Throat chop bro.

mhm

300 lbs of adamantium @ 100 mph> flying kick> throat chop> WWH's punches?

abhilegend
300 lbs of adamantium @ 100 mph> flying kick> throat chop> WWH's punches?
thumb up

Hulk is a pussy.

Khazra Reborn
Damn straight.

jaxthejester
Haters be hate'n. stick out tongue

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9

I think you're right. It isn't a Hulk comic afterall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.