Does being under supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Eve was unjustly punished because she was under supernatural control in a set of circumstances that God himself set up by putting Satan in Eden.

God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate and gave him the power to deceive Eve. She could not resist God's power directed through Satan and thus Eve had no choice but to eat of the tree of knowledge. She, like the snake, were under supernatural control and thus innocent of any wrong-doing.

Eve fails the criteria of mens rea, Latin for evil intent, a fundamental requirement of secular and biblical law, and thus Eve was innocent of any wrong-doing.

No human judge in his right mind would have judged A & E the way God did before God set the conditions that insured that A & E also died from neglect and the locking away of the tree of life. That was murder.

Regards
DL

Bentley
Originally posted by Greatest I am
No human judge in his right mind

Would judge an assumedly supernatural case? We don't live in a comicbook confused

Mindship
Some esoteric interpretations of the Eden story see it as the rise of self-awareness and personal responsibility. Eve made a choice. Thus, no exoneration here. None for Adam either, who also made a choice.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Bentley
Would judge an assumedly supernatural case? We don't live in a comicbook confused

True but it is said that intelligent men can discuss issues they do not believe in and since that story has been used to bludgeon women into inequality forever, I thought it deserved to be discredited..

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Mindship
Some esoteric interpretations of the Eden story see it as the rise of self-awareness and personal responsibility. Eve made a choice. Thus, no exoneration here. None for Adam either, who also made a choice.

I agree.

That is the Gnostic Christian and also the opinion of the Jews who wrote it as our elevation and not our fall.

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

The Christians screwed it all up by changing the moral of the story. Their sheep are easier to fleece when thy feel un-warranted guilt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison

According to the story, Adam was the one who sinned, not Eve.

I believe that the problems you have brought up are do to many different Adam and Eve stories being put together into the story in the bible.

Bentley

Shakyamunison

Wonder Man
Pennance is a good thing. Ask Ghost Rider.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Pennance is a good thing. Ask Ghost Rider.

pennance
a misspelling of penance
Someone obviously doesn't know how to spell.

Source

Lord Lucien
I thought Pennance was the Latin form of Penn Jillette. Pennance Jillettus.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I C WUT U DID THAR.

Shakyamunison

Asking forgiveness from Cesar is good? Or did I misunderstand?

Lord Lucien
Ave! True to Teller!

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Greatest I am

God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate and gave him the power to deceive Eve. She could not resist God's power directed through Satan and thus Eve had no choice but to eat of the tree of knowledge. She, like the snake, were under supernatural control and thus innocent of any wrong-doing.

So she was set-up by God & then punished for her actions.

What a petty, conniving A-Hole God must be.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So she was set-up by God & then punished for her actions.

What a petty, conniving A-Hole God must be.

Remember, in the OT god is an a-hole. He had to let his son die a hearable death before he became a loving god.

Lord Lucien
He was true to reality then. My dad wouldn't even look at me until I was killed in a terrorist attack.

Shakyamunison
He was true to reality then. My dad wouldn't even look at me until I was killed in a terrorist attack.

I'm sorry to hear that. Now that you are dead, you really should stop posting on the web. stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
I WAS dead. I'm back now.

Stealth Moose
Pix or you lai.

Shakyamunison
I WAS dead. I'm back now.

That would make your dad happy. Did you see JIA while you were dead?

Lord Lucien
No, because he was still A at that point. Now he's JIB.

Shakyamunison
No, because he was still A at that point. Now he's JIB.

I'm beginning to realize that I understand less and less about what we are talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.