Phil Coulson vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Phil Coulson with supermans powers

vs.

MoS Superman

Phil Coulson gets 1 month prep with his new powers
MoS Superman gets no prep

Stealth Moose
I vote Son of Coul, just because he is morally more flexible.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I vote Son of Coul, just because he is morally more flexible.

idk, MoS supes had no problem with collateral damage. Also MoS supes has much more experience with his powers than Coulson.

Robtard
Coulson is a trained SHIELD agent. Gives him the edge right there.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard

And Zod was a veteran soldier. So were Faora and Namek. It didn't save them.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard

Coulson isn't a Kryptonian warrior like Zod where he can hone his heightened superman senses in 5 minutes.

Superman's sheer experience with his powers easily tempers any edge Coulson would gain from being more skilled.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Firefly218
Coulson isn't a Kryptonian warrior like Zod where he can hone his heightened superman senses in 5 minutes.

Superman's sheer experience with his powers easily tempers any edge Coulson would gain from being more skilled.

You gave Phil a month to get used to his powers.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Silent Master
You gave Phil a month to get used to his powers.

Superman's had 33 years.

Silent Master
How much time did Zod and the others have?

Psychotron
A day or two. But they were all highly trained warriors. Genetically engineered to be soldiers.

Silent Master
Phil is a highly trained solider and the OP gave him 15x the amount of time to get used to the powers.

Psychotron
Did he actually have any fight scenes? I don't remember anything from him.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Psychotron
Did he actually have any fight scenes? I don't remember anything from him.

He had a pretty nice fight sequence in Marvel one shot, on the way to Thor's hammer.

Silent Master
Hasn't he also had some fight scenes in Agents of Shield?

Psychotron
Maybe, I don't watch that show.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Silent Master
Hasn't he also had some fight scenes in Agents of Shield?

He has a couple ducks and evasions from enemy blows here and there. Mostly Coulson has gun shooting feats in MAoS

Silent Master
He has a couple ducks and evasions from enemy blows here and there. Mostly Coulson has gun shooting feats in MAoS

Ah, I've only seen the 1st ep...so I wasn't sure.

marwash22
And Zod was a veteran soldier. So were Faora and Namek. It didn't save them. got 'em

Firefly218
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAMgkpQYOSQ

This marvel one-shot is a good measure of Coulson's skill

Stealth Moose
Supes loses.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/37557/son%20of%20coul%20-%20deal%20with%20it.jpg

Robtard

Coulson's got a month here. Considering how much trouble Zod (even being an innate warrior) gave Superman with only a day or so of training with his powers, it's looking fairly positive for Coulson.

Superman only really started to push himself days before Zod's invasion. eg he only recently learned to fly before Zod came.

Anyhow, stands to reason that given a month, Coulson would be just as good with the powers as Superman is, add to that his military-esque training, it's really favoring Super Coulson.

Psychotron
Coulson doesn't have many feats. Superman was somehow good enough to get the better of two trained soldiers, and kill another. You could make a point for Faora and Namek not having all of Superman's powers but Zod did and still lost.

Silent Master
Zod and the others didn't really have many feats for HTH skill either and Phil is being given at least 15x more training time.

Psychotron
Well Zod mastered flight, heat vision, and his senses. What more could Coulson learn that Zod didn't?

Firefly218
Coulson doesn't have many feats. Superman was somehow good enough to get the better of two trained soldiers, and kill another. You could make a point for Faora and Namek not having all of Superman's powers but Zod did and still lost.

Weren't Faora and Namek just pedestrian murderers on krypton? I don't remember them being trained soldiers

Firefly218
Well Zod mastered flight, heat vision, and his senses. What more could Coulson learn that Zod didn't?

Phil Coulson has the advantage of studying Superman's abilities and coming up with a plan of attack. Unlike Zod, Coulson is actually intelligent

Psychotron
Well that's fair.

Lestov16
I'm going to give this to Coulson. With the massive training time, he'll be far more adept at using his powers than Supes. Zod was giving Kal trouble moments after learning how to hone his power, and Zod, for all his "military combat training" got his ass kicked by Jor, Kal, and the Kryptonian Guard.

NemeBro
Zod is a better soldier than Coulson is, theoretically.

Coulson has beaten no one of note either, it must be said.

Superman has been leeching off the sun his entire life though, and at the end of the day, proved to be superior than the other Kryptonians in a brawl despite their training. Taking on Namek and Faora at the same time, and then killing Zod in single combat.

I'd still say Superman wins, tbh, but it would probably be a hard fight.

Dramatic Gecko
Coulson is old.

And Mos Super isn't a real superman.

Christopher Reeve WINS!

But between the two MoS Supes wins because he's got the suit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.