Superman vs HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Branlor Swift
This is pre Flashpoint Superman, but like right before the Flashpoint, so he knows things.

HP Doomsday from that one arc that is Hunter Prey.

No BFR.

They fight on a planet that is capable of sustaining life. Probably Earth. In the Wilderness.

WHO WINS!!!!!!?

psycho gundam
Don't even think about closing this PR

carver9
HP penetrates Superman skull like liquid for the 10/10 match. For real though, Superman wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This is pre Flashpoint Superman, but like right before the Flashpoint, so he knows things.

HP Doomsday from that one arc that is Hunter Prey.

No BFR.

They fight on a planet that is capable of sustaining life. Probably Earth. In the Wilderness.

WHO WINS!!!!!!?
DD spite kills Superman.

deathslash
Originally posted by h1a8
DD spite kills Superman. Didn't superman try to do that twice in the Death of Superman story and didn't he get smacked back to earth twice?

h1a8
Originally posted by deathslash
Didn't superman try to do that twice in the Death of Superman story and didn't he get smacked back to earth twice? huh? Didn't Superman try what?
I said DD will spite kill Superman. What are you talking about?

deathslash
huh? Didn't Superman try what?
I said DD will spite kill Superman. What are you talking about? Sorry, my mind was on a completely different thread. embarrasment

DTM
HP Doomsday would slaughter Superman here.

-Pr-
Superman wins, imo.

DarkSaint85
Superman.

Towards the end, he was pulling Flash tricks against Doomsday.

JBL
HP Doomsday 10/10.

Estacado
If Superman is written on his uber levels he wins on avarage he would lose.

DarkSaint85
Superman knows how fast he has to go:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/135803/2629147-1333277-supermanfast3ar_super.jpg

Doomsday ain't touching him.

Estacado
That was DD Rex though.
Clark's and DD's speed were even most of the time.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Estacado
That was DD Rex though.
Clark's and DD's speed were even most of the time.

Only because Clark was holding back in H/P. Subconsciously evil face

Although, an argument could be made that Doomsday was holding back in that scan....but having fear of death, if anything, should make you fight even harder.

Estacado
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Only because Clark was holding back in H/P. Subconsciously evil face

Although, an argument could be made that Doomsday was holding back in that scan....but having fear of death, if anything, should make you fight even harder.
Yup he made DD lose confidence that normally doesnt happen since he is a raging tard....not to mention DD beat Clark to death like 5 minutes earlier but all of sudden he cant even scratch him.

carver9
Yeah, he stopped Superman heart with a punch. That still doesn't mean HP would beat Superman though.

Estacado
TBH I cant see Superman permanently beating him down.

JBL
Did HP beat the crap out of a mother box amped superman that admitted that ALL of his stats were increased and he gave it everything he had and was hitting with everything he had and that with that amp he knew his limit and that h2h HP would kill him? Now superman without mother box is going to beat HP with no BFR?

carver9
Superman has received a power increase since then. He is basically more powerful and more versatile with his powers than the Superman that fought HP.

JBL
Originally posted by carver9
Superman has received a power increase since then. He is basically more powerful and more versatile with his powers than the Superman that fought HP. I know about that, but its still not enough from mother box to warrant giving him the win against HP. IMO

h1a8
DD has three things that defeat any attempt at Superman beating him.

1. Instant Healing Factor (The moment DD hits Superman away he heals and is back new)

2. Adapting ability (DD adapts more resistance and new weapons and tactics and defenses against Superman if need be)

3. Those claw projections are going to penetrate Superman like water again.

LordofBrooklyn
Superman wins.

No mental blocks.

Diesldude
With no mental blocks, Superman was even with HP DD in OWAW arc. All he has to do is go for a quick sundip and it's over.

LordofBrooklyn
DD has three things that defeat any attempt at Superman beating him.

1. Instant Healing Factor (The moment DD hits Superman away he heals and is back new)

2. Adapting ability (DD adapts more resistance and new weapons and tactics and defenses against Superman if need be)

3. Those claw projections are going to penetrate Superman like water again.

Superman has no mental blocks here.

He wins.

The House Of El decrees it!

Brockalizer
Superman knows how fast he has to go:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/135803/2629147-1333277-supermanfast3ar_super.jpg

Doomsday ain't touching him. That was Doomsday Rex, HP DD would wreck Rex. On the next page or two we see some, Matrix style " the is no spoon" PIS to explain that Doomsday can't hurt him as long as he "believes" that he can't. Superman, not holding back, and armed with the knowledge he has gained from fighting Doomsday in the past, should be enough. Yes Doomsday can heal from damage, but his rate of healing depends on the severity of damage(a couple days from the damage from DoS, a month or more after being reduced to a skeleton in OWAW). Superman, when he was holding back, was able to use the the combination of a high energy sword and his own physical strength to cut Doomsday rather deeply and it took an unopened number of seconds for Doomsday to heal. Using his own power to full potentialhe should be able to use his HV like a light saber for a quick decapitation. Of course Doomsday would eventually recover, but it would be enough for a forum win. The real question is "If Doomsday were to be decapitated would the head and body need to be reunited with the head or would the head and or body regenerate independently like a starfish, potentially creating two Doomsday?"

JBL
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Superman wins.

No mental blocks. He had no mental blocks when he was amped by mother box. He knew he was stronger, he knew it was not enough and he knew he was at his very limit and that h2h, HP would have killed him. His only chance against HP is to fly away and bask in the sun for a prolonged period of time. He gave it his everything and got beaten down. But i guess that loss can be accounted to " mental blocks " holding him back and somehow contradicting what was show on panel huh? Superman himself said he made a mistake by trying to brawl it out with dos doomsday and to try that with this DD would get him killed even with his amp.

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
That was Doomsday Rex, HP DD would wreck Rex. On the next page or two we see some, Matrix style " the is no spoon" PIS to explain that Doomsday can't hurt him as long as he "believes" that he can't. Superman, not holding back, and armed with the knowledge he has gained from fighting Doomsday in the past, should be enough. Yes Doomsday can heal from damage, but his rate of healing depends on the severity of damage(a couple days from the damage from DoS, a month or more after being reduced to a skeleton in OWAW). Superman, when he was holding back, was able to use the the combination of a high energy sword and his own physical strength to cut Doomsday rather deeply and it took an unopened number of seconds for Doomsday to heal. Using his own power to full potentialhe should be able to use his HV like a light saber for a quick decapitation. Of course Doomsday would eventually recover, but it would be enough for a forum win. The real question is "If Doomsday were to be decapitated would the head and body need to be reunited with the head or would the head and or body regenerate independently like a starfish, potentially creating two Doomsday?" the energy sword was beyond Superman's power because it cut doomsday like that. Hv isn't doing anything to DD.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I know that was Doomsday Rex......but proof that H/P DD is significantly faster than Rex? Fast enough that the Flash trickery wouldn't work?

-Pr-
Superman is far more powerful now, or rather, was at the end of the preboot universe, than he was in H/P.

How much Doomsday scales to him, imo, is what would decide things.

Yeah, I know that was Doomsday Rex......but proof that H/P DD is significantly faster than Rex? Fast enough that the Flash trickery wouldn't work?

doomsday's speed generally scales to superman's, reaction-wise.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-

doomsday's speed generally scales to superman's, reaction-wise.

Doomsday Rex proves that wrong sneer

-Pr-
Doomsday Rex proves that wrong sneer

That's why I said "generally" and not "always".

DarkSaint85
That's why I said "generally" and not "always".

Tricksy.

What would your view be in a forum fight? CIS still on etc?

h1a8
DD definitely scales to Superman as seen in OWAW. DD was shattering probes like tissue paper. Superman was not holding back and thus was at least several times more powerful than his normal self. Thus DD was more powerful than a normal more recent Superman. Hell he was more powerful than a non holding back OWAW Superman.

Pillow Biter
It's been said by writers, IIRC, that Superman is ultimately even more powerful than HP Doomsday--though I'm sure it is close.

Superman loses most fights, but if we are stipulating Superman at his all-out, very best, then yes, he'd have a small edge.

BTW My reading of Doomsday Rex was that Superman's reversal was as much about Superman becoming confident as it was about Doomsday losing his.

p.s. OWAW was long ago. It could be that as seen in the Doomsday Rex arc, and later treatments of Doomsday (by Kal-L) iirc that Superman simply became more powerful than even HP Doomsday by the end. But following classic comic logic, this power boost would only be seen 1v1, as Superman didn't seem to show that kind of boosted power 'against the field'.

-Pr-
Tricksy.

What would your view be in a forum fight? CIS still on etc?

Doomsday could win, definitely.

I just think preboot Superman was at a point where he was more of a match for that Doomsday than at any other time.

Of course, if you scale H/P to that Superman, well, Superman's ****ed.

Branlor Swift
Superman has received a power increase since then. He is basically more powerful and more versatile with his powers than the Superman that fought HP. thumb up

h1a8
thumb up DD scaled up with Superman as seen in OWAW.

kevdude
Doomsday imo

-Pr-
DD scaled up with Superman as seen in OWAW.

OWAW doesn't really show much evidence of it, tbh.

In H/P DD was a high herald even by today's standards.

carver9
DD scaled up with Superman as seen in OWAW.

He didn't scale up to Superman. Superman survived an attack from Imperiex that turned Doomsday to bones.

h1a8
He didn't scale up to Superman. Superman survived an attack from Imperiex that turned Doomsday to bones. lol Superman was teleported away before he got killed. DD was one punch shattering probes like they were made of tissue paper. The same probes Superman had a very difficult time with in the beginning.

carver9
lol Superman was teleported away before he got killed. DD was one punch shattering probes like they were made of tissue paper. The same probes Superman had a very difficult time with in the beginning.

Superman wasn't teleported away right then. He was blasted away and Darkseid during time teleported him to his planet where Superman woke up in no time battling Darkseid. As soon as Doomsday was hit, he died instantly. Doomsday fighting Probes doesn't have a thing to do with this. Superman withstood an attack that perma killed Doomsday. And what's up with you always bringing up liquid and tissue paper?

abhilegend
facepalm

Superman would've died from that entropic attack too, its just a damn good showing that he survived even a brief contact with it. Instead carter is using it to ****ing lowball doomsday. SMH.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm

Superman would've died from that entropic attack too, its just a damn good showing that he survived even a brief contact with it. Instead carter is using it to ****ing lowball doomsday. SMH.

I know he would have died if Darkseid didn't save him but he handled the attack far better than Doomsday. Doomsday was melted as soon as he was hit, Superman was still whole when he was hit by the attack. It's simple...as soon as Doomsday was hit, he died instantly, Superman was hit by the same attack, pushed back some distance, and didn't have a scratch afterwards. What's so hard to comprehend?

abhilegend
I know he would have died if Darkseid didn't save him but he handled the attack far better than Doomsday. Doomsday was melted as soon as he was hit, Superman was still whole when he was hit by the attack. It's simple...as soon as Doomsday was hit, he died instantly, Superman was hit by the same attack, pushed back some distance, and didn't have a scratch afterwards. What's so hard to comprehend?
Doomsday was hit by the full force of the attack and even then his bones survived. Superman was hit by a partial attack and would've completely atomized by that attack if fully hit. Are you honestly telling me that Superman is more durable than ****ing doomsday?

carver9
Doomsday was hit by the full force of the attack and even then his bones survived. Superman was hit by a partial attack and would've completely atomized by that attack if fully hit. Are you honestly telling me that Superman is more durable than ****ing doomsday?

Where was it stated that he wasn't hit by the full attack? He was hit head on...Imperiex hand was almost in his face. Add this ft to Superman record because it happened. This is not me lowballing Doomsday at all, this is me calling it like it is.

Superman has became more powerful since his last fight with HP so the testament of their durability is in the air but going by that ft, yes, Superman is more durable. Then, that wasn't even a fully powered Supes since he basically fought consistently throughout the arc with hardly no rest. He just finished facing probes before fighting alongside Doomsday.

h1a8
Superman wasn't teleported away right then. He was blasted away and Darkseid during time teleported him to his planet where Superman woke up in no time battling Darkseid. As soon as Doomsday was hit, he died instantly. Doomsday fighting Probes doesn't have a thing to do with this. Superman withstood an attack that perma killed Doomsday. And what's up with you always bringing up liquid and tissue paper? ok so superman survived a tiny moment of it. So DD was less durable against entropy than Superman was.

But that doesn't defeat the argument that DD was astronomically stronger.
Look at Superman's first fight with a probe. He hit that probe a bazillion times in order to defeat it. And this is a current Superman that was stated earlier in other comics to have became stronger. Yet DD one shot punch shattered these probes like they were glass. This is a huge difference in power output.

abhilegend
Where was it stated that he wasn't hit by the full attack? He was hit head on...Imperiex hand was almost in his face. Add this ft to Superman record because it happened. This is not me lowballing Doomsday at all, this is me calling it like it is.

Superman has became more powerful since his last fight with HP so the testament of their durability is in the air but going by that ft, yes, Superman is more durable. Then, that wasn't even a fully powered Supes since he basically fought consistently throughout the arc with hardly no rest. He just finished facing probes before fighting alongside Doomsday.
Have you read the comic? Honestly? Or you are just pulling things out of your ass as usual? Go back and read the comics and come again.

http://i.imgur.com/7tzbmOt.jpg

He only faced the minute part of the attack before Darkseid teleported him away from the killing attack.

facepalm

At this point, you are just trolling. There is no other logic behind it, other than making superman look bad. "Hey look, superman from H/P and DD wars was weaker and superman was more durable than Doomsday in OWAW" and shit like that. How can it be spelled out to you?

Estacado
haermm
Carter debating Abhi on how Superman is more durable the Doomsday....

abhilegend
haermm
Carter debating Abhi on how Superman is more durable the Doomsday....
Yeah, the guy is clueless. I would like Superman to be more durable than doomsday too but facts are facts.

Badabing
I've been alerted to this thread, and 3 names were noted for temp bans. I suggest you 3 stop, stay away from each other and don't cause problems for a long while. If a ban request comes to my attention, I will oblige.

h1a8
OWAW doesn't really show much evidence of it, tbh.

In H/P DD was a high herald even by today's standards. I almost didn't see this post of yours. In OWAW, DD was shattering probes far easier than Superman. Remember in the beginning, Superman was struggling trying to beat one probe. That Superman was more powerful than the one in HP arc.

Even after Superman released his mental blocks later in the story( another amp) DD was still shattering probes with single punches while Superman had to be more exotic to achieve the same result.

carver9
Have you read the comic? Honestly? Or you are just pulling things out of your ass as usual? Go back and read the comics and come again.

http://i.imgur.com/7tzbmOt.jpg

He only faced the minute part of the attack before Darkseid teleported him away from the killing attack.

facepalm

At this point, you are just trolling. There is no other logic behind it, other than making superman look bad. "Hey look, superman from H/P and DD wars was weaker and superman was more durable than Doomsday in OWAW" and shit like that. How can it be spelled out to you?

Two different comics bro. Post the other scene where we see Superman body on fire after the blast.

carver9
@Bada...

Please let me know if you want me to get off of this topic. My argument is, Superman is more powerful than Doomsday.

abhilegend
I'm not going to post any further in this thread or anywhere else where you post. You want to get banned? Its your funeral.

carver9
I'm not going to post any further in this thread or anywhere else where you post. You want to get banned? Its your funeral.

Deal.

-Pr-
I almost didn't see this post of yours. In OWAW, DD was shattering probes far easier than Superman. Remember in the beginning, Superman was struggling trying to beat one probe. That Superman was more powerful than the one in HP arc.

Even after Superman released his mental blocks later in the story( another amp) DD was still shattering probes with single punches while Superman had to be more exotic to achieve the same result.

No.

And what Bada said applies to you as much as anyone else.

Branlor Swift
I was unaware I made this OWAW Doomsday.

Estacado
Owaw is Hp DD.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman wasn't teleported away right then. He was blasted away and Darkseid during time teleported him to his planet where Superman woke up in no time battling Darkseid. As soon as Doomsday was hit, he died instantly. Doomsday fighting Probes doesn't have a thing to do with this. Superman withstood an attack that perma killed Doomsday. And what's up with you always bringing up liquid and tissue paper?
Two different comics bro. Post the other scene where we see Superman body on fire after the blast.

You do know that Imperiex's attack pretty much one-shot killed Superman too right?

Here's the scene from #594:
http://s27.postimg.org/4pksguqwf/Adventures_Of_Superman594p18.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/yvj6vmxtb/Adventures_Of_Superman594p20.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/9e0sc1g33/Adventures_Of_Superman594p21.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/c9dviwk33/Adventures_Of_Superman594p22.jpg

It was revealed #595 that he had in fact died but was returned or whatever nonsense:
http://s4.postimg.org/q2j9j21jt/Adventures_Of_Superman595p07.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/f4800vcyh/Adventures_Of_Superman595p08.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/82a2eo9cp/Adventures_Of_Superman595p09.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/6oifjda3d/Adventures_Of_Superman595p10.jpg

He died for all intents and purposes but was spared from the final journey. At least Doomsday's skeleton was intact. Looks like Superman was just outright incinerated and his consciousness transported to the beyond. Unless his body was teleported right before the blast but it outright said his life ended in a blue halo of entropy. IIRC in another comic it said he fell against Imperiex but was spared death's final blow.

Whatever interpretation you subscribe to, it's clearly not evidence of Superman outperforming Doomsday due to these circumstances unless I missed something.

Edit: Let's also add Grayven to the list of beings who've tanked the Omega Beams:
http://s28.postimg.org/qcfvrz6bd/Adventures_Of_Superman595p22.jpghttp://s28.postimg.org/o95gkb6ih/Adventures_Of_Superman595p23.jpg

Using them to push him through a boom tube? Talk about watering down.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You do know that Imperiex's attack one-shot killed Superman too, right?

It was revealed #595 that he had in fact died but was returned or whatever nonsense:
http://s4.postimg.org/q2j9j21jt/Adventures_Of_Superman595p07.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/f4800vcyh/Adventures_Of_Superman595p08.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/82a2eo9cp/Adventures_Of_Superman595p09.jpghttp://s4.postimg.org/6oifjda3d/Adventures_Of_Superman595p10.jpg

He died for all intents and purposes but was spared from the final journey. At least Doomsday's skeleton was intact. Looks like Superman was just outright incinerated and his consciousness transported to the beyond. Unless his body was teleported right before the blast but it outright said his life ended in a blue halo of entropy. IIRC in another comic IIRC it said he fell against Imperiex but was spared death's final blow.

Whatever interpretation you subscribe to, it's clearly not evidence of Superman outperforming Doomsday due to these circumstances.

Edit: Let's also add Grayven to the list of beings who've tanked the Omega Beams:
http://s28.postimg.org/qcfvrz6bd/Adventures_Of_Superman595p22.jpghttp://s28.postimg.org/o95gkb6ih/Adventures_Of_Superman595p23.jpg

thumb up This throws my argument out of the window. Good scans Rage.

-Pr-
Funny how I'm pretty sure you've been shown those before...

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up This throws my argument out of the window. Good scans Rage.

Anytime.

Puts Classic Thor taking multiple blasts from Celestials into perspective, huh? smurph

Badabing
@Bada...

Please let me know if you want me to get off of this topic. My argument is, Superman is more powerful than Doomsday. Originally posted by abhilegend
I'm not going to post any further in this thread or anywhere else where you post. You want to get banned? Its your funeral. I want everybody to stop killing threads. Pr and I don't want to come in every thread heavy handed. Most everybody has been here long enough to know how people are going to post. It becomes a problem when a few people have the same argument across several threads on end. That basically kills the thread. The last thing I want is to temp ban somebody. Pr may want bans though. biscuits

carver9
Anytime.

Puts Classic Thor taking multiple blasts from Celestials into perspective, huh? smurph

Lol...I wanted to bring that up but I left it alone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol...I wanted to bring that up but I left it alone.

I hope Thor gets a secondary title with a wanker writer. I mean, yes, Thor's consistently powerful but he's never had a large writer (Like Pak or Loeb) dedicated purely to making him more powerful then everyone else. It would be fun to read the b*tching as Thor beats up the Living Tribunal. stick out tongue

-Pr-
I hope Thor gets a secondary title with a wanker writer. I mean, yes, Thor's consistently powerful but he's never had a large writer (Like Pak or Loeb) dedicated purely to making him more powerful then everyone else. It would be fun to read the b*tching as Thor beats up the Living Tribunal. stick out tongue

You don't want Pak.

Branlor Swift
Owaw is Hp DD. That's like saying HP is DOS.

LordofBrooklyn
Anytime.

Yes, it does.

Superman>Thor

carver9

I think Pak would do an amazing job with Thor. He wanked the hell out of Herc, and had Zeus easily destroying a Hulk that was performing trans level fts like candy. His love for gods is obvious. Dont know about Loeb though...his consistentcy is distasteful to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think Pak would do an amazing job with Thor. He wanked the hell out of Herc, and had Zeus easily destroying a Hulk that was performing trans level fts like candy. His love for gods is obvious. Dont know about Loeb though...his consistentcy is distasteful to me.

Yea, he started writing the Gods like they were Gamma powered by the end of his Hercules run. By Chaos War, even Thor was treated as pretty badass. And I know for a long while, he at best begrudgingly respected the character. Hulk rival who overshadowed Hercules? He probably still has his Thor voodoo doll.

carver9
Yea, he started writing the Gods like they were Gamma powered by the end of his Hercules run. By Chaos War, even Thor was treated as pretty badass. And I know for a long while, he at best begrudgingly respected the character. Hulk rival who overshadowed Hercules? He probably still has his Thor voodoo doll.

Someone needs to write Pak a letter so that we can get this started. I forgot he had something to do with Thor fts during Chaos War...didn't even think about that. Didn't Thor do some major damage to an abstract during that run? He isn't doing much justice to Superman though. Don't understand why since he is writing one of the most powerful Heralds. Oh well.

DarkSaint85
That's like saying HP is DOS.

Didn't DOS die (or knocked out or whatever that mess was) at the end of that arc, though?

I thought HP was BFRed to the end of time, then Brainy saved him, then he got stuck in the JLA teleporters, then freed by Suicide Squad?

Branlor Swift
Didn't DOS die (or knocked out or whatever that mess was) at the end of that arc, though?

I thought HP was BFRed to the end of time, then Brainy saved him, then he got stuck in the JLA teleporters, then freed by Suicide Squad? And him coming back made him that strong. Now imagine an entire arc where he's getting hit pretty much the whole time, and then OWAW. He's had plenty of battles since HP to OWAW. As opposed to HP who just came back from dying to start that arc.
Also, Doomsday Wars Doomsday looked quite a bit better than HP Doomsday as well, IMO at least. 2 paging Superman and all.

Either way, ultimately irrelevant since it doesn't show HP Doomsday scaling to Superman. It shows Superman becoming around as powerful as Doomsday, maybe
And the person saying it scales is ironically the same guy who famously refuses to acknowledge anything outside HP in any other thread until now. So yeah

abhilegend
Darkseid's omega beams were weakened after his battle with Superman when he sent Grayven in that boom tube. Just wanted to point it out before someone gets some wrong ideas.

Golgo13
Doomsday.

celeyhyga17
That's what Aaron is for. Except he's actually doing a good job.
stick out tongue

h1a8
And him coming back made him that strong. Now imagine an entire arc where he's getting hit pretty much the whole time, and then OWAW. He's had plenty of battles since HP to OWAW. As opposed to HP who just came back from dying to start that arc.
Also, Doomsday Wars Doomsday looked quite a bit better than HP Doomsday as well, IMO at least. 2 paging Superman and all.

Either way, ultimately irrelevant since it doesn't show HP Doomsday scaling to Superman. It shows Superman becoming around as powerful as Doomsday, maybe
And the person saying it scales is ironically the same guy who famously refuses to acknowledge anything outside HP in any other thread until now. So yeah you got it all wrong. I do acknowledge things outside of HP when it comes to forum power levels. My point was discussing the power level of the OB in that particular comic, and not in General.

For example, Odin was operating at galaxy busting level in a certain comic. So any feats against his blasts were feats against galaxy busting power. When he fought Thanos he wasn't operating at those levels.

kevdude
You do know that Imperiex's attack pretty much one-shot killed Superman too right?

Here's the scene from #594:
http://s27.postimg.org/4pksguqwf/Adventures_Of_Superman594p18.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/yvj6vmxtb/Adventures_Of_Superman594p20.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/9e0sc1g33/Adventures_Of_Superman594p21.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/c9dviwk33/Adventures_Of_Superman594p22.jpg

He died for all intents and purposes but was spared from the final journey. At least Doomsday's skeleton was intact. Looks like Superman was just outright incinerated and his consciousness transported to the beyond. Unless his body was teleported right before the blast but it outright said his life ended in a blue halo of entropy. IIRC in another comic it said he fell against Imperiex but was spared death's final blow.

Whatever interpretation you subscribe to, it's clearly not evidence of Superman outperforming Doomsday due to these circumstances unless I missed something.

The second scans was when Kismet saved him the second time when Imperiex-Prime nearly killed him! The first time is in those first scans when him and DD was fighting together and Superman was again nearly killed when Darkseid saved him with the boomtube.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kevdude
The second scans was when Kismet saved him the second time when Imperiex-Prime nearly killed him! The first time is in those first scans when him and DD was fighting together and Superman was again nearly killed when Darkseid saved him with the boomtube.

So wait, in the first set of scans, Imperiex blasts him but then Darkseid boom tubes him away and in the second set of scans Kismet brings him back to life? Weird because #594 and #595 are back to back. Guessing I missed something in between? That explains the weird and sudden metaphysical aspect.

Do you happen to know the issues where this was confirmed? I can post the scans.

Edit: Oops, I missed Man of Steel #116:
http://s27.postimg.org/uk22r8j3z/Man_Of_Steel116p04.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/rr8v77irj/Man_Of_Steel116p07.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/letpxdfpb/Man_Of_Steel116p08.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/50z863at5/Man_Of_Steel116p09.jpg

My bad. stick out tongue Still, it's made clear that the reason Superman wasn't atomized by Imperiex's blast was because of Darkseid so my point stands. It's not evidence of Superman > Doomsday.

kevdude
So wait, in the first set of scans, Imperiex blasts him but then Darkseid boom tubes him away and in the second set of scans Kismet brings him back to life? Weird because #594 and #595 are back to back. Guessing I missed something in between? That explains the weird and sudden metaphysical aspect.

Do you happen to know the issues where this was confirmed? I can post the scans.

Edit: Oops, I missed Man of Steel #116:
http://s27.postimg.org/uk22r8j3z/Man_Of_Steel116p04.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/rr8v77irj/Man_Of_Steel116p07.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/letpxdfpb/Man_Of_Steel116p08.jpghttp://s12.postimg.org/50z863at5/Man_Of_Steel116p09.jpg

My bad. stick out tongue Still, it's made clear that the reason Superman wasn't atomized by Imperiex's blast was because of Darkseid so my point stands. It's not evidence of Superman > Doomsday.

While him and Darkseid was speaking right after Kalibak and Superman was fighting, Darkseid said 'Darkseid transported you from your fate at the hand of Imperiex's matter collapse and energy null...' 'For a higher purpose'.

Edit: yup Man of Steel #116. I agree, Superman would have been killed. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kevdude
While him and Darkseid was speaking right after Kalibak and Superman was fighting, Darkseid said 'Darkseid transported you from your fate at the hand of Imperiex's matter collapse and energy null...' 'For a higher purpose'.

Edit: yup Man of Steel #116. I agree, Superman would have been killed. thumb up

Yeah, that's my mistake.

And for those of you who are curious, Superman had to be brought back to life by Kismet because of cracking Imperiex's shell with Darkseid.

celeyhyga17
Bump

Superman wins, imo.
PR you fanboy!!

abhilegend
*scans of Superman punching soulfire Darkseid in half*

Thread over!!!

carver9
Superman sings Doomsday out of existence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.