Which hero would make the best villian if their moral compass was suddenly flipped?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
^

Wei Phoenix
DOOM.

Superman

Batman

Silver Surfer

Wolverine.

Digi
Superman would be lame as a villain. Batman would be awesome though.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
DOOM.

Beat me to it.

yaadaveyaa
superman would b like the ultimate villian or reed richards

pym-ftw
Pym.

maxivitopowe
I know you like Pym and all but choosing him for both threads?

Digi
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
superman would b like the ultimate villian or reed richards

Minus everything that makes him Superman, he's just a bland villain with no major distinguishing characteristics. Just another high herald baddie that punches some people before ultimately getting put down. He might be the worst potential villain I can think of.

juggernaut74
Batman would be interesting.

Sin I AM
Xavier

J'onn

Bats

LordofBrooklyn
Thor.

Inhuman
Reed

Brockalizer
If Galactus one day decided that the greatest threat to his existence was planets with sentient life and decided to specifically target them things could get interesting.

Q99
Hal Jordan, of course.

Dr Will Hatch
The Flash. He would kill everyone before the Black Racer or Death of the Endless even realized WTF was going on.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
Minus everything that makes him Superman, he's just a bland villain with no major distinguishing characteristics. Just another high herald baddie that punches some people before ultimately getting put down. He might be the worst potential villain I can think of.
Heh, that's why so many stories about superman going bad are out there. Just look at Injustice or Irredeemable. Superman going a villain is not about who punches who, its about the greatest hero of earth finally succumbing to evil and that's in itself a terrifying thought.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by abhilegend
Heh, that's why so many stories about superman going bad are out there. Just look at Injustice or Irredeemable. Superman going a villain is not about who punches who, its about the greatest hero of earth finally succumbing to evil and that's in itself a terrifying thought. I dont really think Irredeemable counts. Plutonian was mental before he started started his spree as a villian. The superman persona was a load of bullshit from jump with him.

Branlor Swift
Batman easily

The guy is dangerous as hell being a hero. Imagine if he started having a murder mindset

Firefly218
Ultron

abhilegend
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I dont really think Irredeemable counts. Plutonian was mental before he started started his spree as a villian. The superman persona was a load of bullshit from jump with him.
Mark Waid specifically stated that it was akin to what happens when a superman goes rogue.

Odekahn
Batman, Superman, Barry

HueyFreeman
Mark Waid specifically stated that it was akin to what happens when a superman goes rogue. Thats not what we saw. The plutonian was unstable from the beginning. His mother tried to murder him several times in his crib doing things like feeding him rat poison, to setting him on fire, to finally killing herself trying to gas them both in her car.
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/th_irr_32_014_zps24fc9424.jpghttp://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/th_irr_32_015_zps85a61590.jpg
The families he was sent to were no better. In one foster home he murdered his foster father for beating his foster mother. In another he coldly let his foster mother die because his foster father was more obsessed with raising a savior than raising a son
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/th_irr_33_013_zpsf3f442f0.jpg

He became a hero because he wanted to be loved. It had nothing to do with altruism. He had low self esteem and thought the hero persona would win them over but it was all a facade.

namorsubby
Batman.

abhilegend
Thats not what we saw. The plutonian was unstable from the beginning. His mother tried to murder him several times in his crib doing things like feeding him rat poison, to setting him on fire, to finally killing herself trying to gas them both in her car.
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/th_irr_32_014_zps24fc9424.jpghttp://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/th_irr_32_015_zps85a61590.jpg
The families he was sent to were no better. In one foster home he murdered his foster father for beating his foster mother. In another he coldly let his foster mother die because his foster father was more obsessed with raising a savior than raising a son
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/th_irr_33_013_zpsf3f442f0.jpg

He became a hero because he wanted to be loved. It had nothing to do with altruism. He had low self esteem and thought the hero persona would win them over but it was all a facade.
And? It was a retcon in the last issue of Irredeemable to show how he was always an *******. He was a blatant superman analogue just like Sentry who was more akin to what if superman was a mental patient, but a superman analogue nonetheless. The fact that Waid had him disperse throughout timestream and hint that he was responsible for Jerry Siegel's idea of superman is just the icing on the cake.

byrdgang21
Black Bolt

ares834
Superman going bad is a good enough story, but it's just been done to many times now to be really interesting.

Now Batman going bad, that has a lot of potential.

HueyFreeman
And? It was a retcon in the last issue of Irredeemable to show how he was always an *******. He was a blatant superman analogue just like Sentry who was more akin to what if superman was a mental patient, but a superman analogue nonetheless. The fact that Waid had him disperse throughout timestream and hint that he was responsible for Jerry Siegel's idea of superman is just the icing on the cake.
Because the Pluntonian is not a hero that finally succumbed to villany which was your original point. He doesnt fit the mold like injustice superman because the persona was an act from the beginning. He was never a hero . Yes hes an analogue of superman but he his history doesnt really follow the specifics of this thread.

abhilegend
Because the Pluntonian is not a hero that finally succumbed to villany which was your original point. He doesnt fit the mold like injustice superman because the persona was an act from the beginning. He was never a hero . Yes hes an analogue of superman but he his history doesnt really follow the specifics of this thread.
Ok, fair enough.

HueyFreeman
And? It was a retcon in the last issue of Irredeemable to show how he was always an *******. He was a blatant superman analogue just like Sentry who was more akin to what if superman was a mental patient, but a superman analogue nonetheless. The fact that Waid had him disperse throughout timestream and hint that he was responsible for Jerry Siegel's idea of superman is just the icing on the cake. Actually Im not really sure why Im arguing over this point lol. I just worked a 19 hour shift and my train of thought is all over the place.

Digi
Heh, that's why so many stories about superman going bad are out there. Just look at Injustice or Irredeemable. Superman going a villain is not about who punches who, its about the greatest hero of earth finally succumbing to evil and that's in itself a terrifying thought.

But it's because of his heroism that it works. Even as a villain, it's the hero that makes it interesting. Superman as just a villain is dumb. Just another smart-but-not-prep-god team buster in a cape. It would lose its luster very, very quickly.

abhilegend
But it's because of his heroism that it works. Even as a villain, it's the hero that makes it interesting. Superman as just a villain is dumb. Just another smart-but-not-prep-god team buster in a cape. It would lose its luster very, very quickly.
Superman as a pure villain wouldn't work, I agree upon that. But its true for any hero. A pure villain batman wouldn't work either. Heck, most villains don't work on pure villainy.

rotiart
Dr. Freaking Strange. As a hero he is revered as a deus ex machine who is usually the one guy that can stop the magical threat that would destroy mankind.

Put him on the other side and he's suddenly the herald to Shuma Gorath. He'd hand the keys to the kingdom over and attain ultimate magical might for the sheer joy.

Bentley
Superman as a pure villain wouldn't work, I agree upon that. But its true for any hero. A pure villain batman wouldn't work either. Heck, most villains don't work on pure villainy.

He'd need to be a villain that overcomes all odds and beats the heros conclusively.

-Pr-
Superman would be an effective villain, but not a very interesting one, imo.

Epicurus
Captain America.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman would be an effective villain, but not a very interesting one, imo.

I was just about to say he'd be like Doctor Doom peaches

Kazenji
Nearest thing to Batman going bad is that story Nemesis from Mark Miller.

SquallX
Batman would make an interesting villain, but not really a powerful one.

Batman would be like Luthor. Smart, cunning, cold hearted rich mofo, but the second any heroes stop playing around with him, he goes down fast.

Lest be honest here, Batman is the epitome of PIS/CIS, remove that, he gets kill quite easily.

DarkSaint85
He'd be Prometheus.

As for the thread, I nominate s second stringer.

Imagine if Cyborg snapped and went rogue. Like Grid right now. There's potential there.

Or if Alfred had been a villain, rather than Batman. Knowing all of Bruce's secrets, his pressure points...a serious Joker.

CatL18
I think If reverse Superman's morality and keep his willpower, and If it is not Ultraman, He will become Darkseid!

maxivitopowe
Spidey

godking
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
DOOM.

Superman

Batman

Silver Surfer

Wolverine. Wolverine was never a true "hero" a fact which Sabretooth recently proved when he soulclapped him.

Digi

Batman would be Prometheus, as someone else stated. Which would be pretty badass. Superman would be like a less interesting Sentry.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Spidey

Also terrible. His powerset would become way more worthless.

carver9
Thor (with a new dark evil looking (with horns) costume) or Ironman.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops

I see what you did there mmm

Mindship
Surfer: unimaginable, especially if the polarity of his evil matches his former pacificity. Aso, deadliest monologues in existence.

Superman: what abhi said: the "greatest hero of earth finally succumbing to evil and that's in itself a terrifying thought."

Reed Richards: creates the necessary Whatever Device.

Firefly218
Lex Luthor

Grinning Goku
Reed Richards would be one of the greatest supervillains ever. He would more than likely succeed where Doom failed.

cdtm
Originally posted by godking
Wolverine was never a true "hero" a fact which Sabretooth recently proved when he soulclapped him.

The fact he usually goes out of his way to help people pegs him a hero, though. He actually gives a crap about innocents. Unlike, say, Deadpool or Lobo.

Caps Conscience
The Hulk

Firefly218
Shaggy and Scooby Doo

Supra
^

Superman no contest. If Superman became pure evil, no force in the universe could stop him and he would have all the allies in the world with little resistance of good.

He would be all that is in universe.

Bentley
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Reed Richards would be one of the greatest supervillains ever. He would more than likely succeed where Doom failed.

Being brave instead of hiding behind bots?

deathslash
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Pym. Isn't Pym already a villain ?beating his wife, creating Ultron, and being a dick to several character seems like what supervillains do.

wuleecat
'Superman:Red Son' gives a pretty good picture of Superman as a sort-of villain, and it's not a boring characterisation at all. Watching him evolve from a communist stooge into an uber-facist makes for a great comic read, actually much scarier than the usual 'villainish' nonsense seen in almost all comic books. Sort of like a cross between Hitler and Stalin who can melt people just by looking at them, and who keeps the population compliant by burning out bits of troublemakers' brains and leaving them as drooling automatons.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
Isn't Pym already a villain ?beating his wife, creating Ultron, and being a dick to several character seems like what supervillains do.

Thor and Loki's reaction to Pym inviting Loki into the Avengers was priceless.

"He's insane! Absolutely insane!"

"So it would appear.."

8swords
wait superman is a hero? huh.

maxivitopowe
Wonderman?

golem370
Franklin Richards

Caps Conscience
Professor
x

jaxthejester
Bruce Banner.

Have him flip the switch to Maestro mode along with Hulk, and use that insane IQ of his to develop nothing but Tech designed to make Hulk more powerful.

Banner has a line up of Tech Toys that would make Stark blush. Adding them into Hulk's armor, and then turning morality off, would make for a ridiculously overpowered villain.

smokin'

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Professor
x

Would also be very cool.

I'd love to see him and Cassandra Nova join forces. Not many minds could stand up to the greatest telepath on Earth, and his twin sister at the same time.

maxivitopowe
Monica

Existere
Thor

Epicurus
Captain America.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by deathslash
Isn't Pym already a villain ?beating his wife, creating Ultron, and being a dick to several character seems like what supervillains do. Originally posted by cdtm
Thor and Loki's reaction to Pym inviting Loki into the Avengers was priceless.

"He's insane! Absolutely insane!"

"So it would appear.." Tbf all his "friends" are d*cks to him

If Pym was to turn evil and be centered around the idea of like,"I brought the avengers into this world, and I can take them out."

maxivitopowe
Sue Storm

pym-ftw
Sue turned evil in AoU when she let wolverdick stab Pym.

SamZED
Batman would be Prometheus, as someone else stated. Which would be pretty badass. Superman would be like a less interesting Sentry.

Also terrible. His powerset would become way more worthless. It's not his power set that'd make him dangerous though. It's his intelligence. I can see him replicate the same thing Ock did in "End of the Earth" and no one will stop him.

maxivitopowe

Also terrible. His powerset would become way more worthless.

An evil Spidey will basically be a nerfed Ult Reed

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://www.boosterrific.com/pics/comics/panels/adv1494_18.jpg

maxivitopowe
As mentioned earlier Supes would be boring

psycho gundam
Xavier

Existere
Mr. Terrific would be pretty badass.

Zatanna could be cool.

Ironman maybe....

but yeah, evil Thor for sure. I would read that.

asdf83

Superman is usually at his most interesting when he's made into a villain of some kind, which is why he so often is one in alternate reality portrayals.

Hyperion Prime
^

Iron Man. Stark has been written evil a couple times and it fits him. Huge villain in the exiles.

maxivitopowe
Isn't evil Mr T/IM just Luthor without the inferiority complex?

forestlaw
Batman would be great as a villian. Thor also seems interesting.

D-Block
Black Panther

Zack Fair
Don't see why Superman would be boring.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Don't see why Superman would be boring.

How would he be different from Ultraman?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How would he be different from Ultraman? Depends on how the writer makes him go about it?

DarkSaint85
True. Currently we have one in Injustice, and so far, beyond the 'Oooh let's see Superman punching the crap out of character X' there's not much interest.

Zack Fair
Yeah. They are just taking the easy way out and have him outpower/own everyone and everything.

I'm still sore over what he did to Billy in the game. Canon Superman would go so apeshit on his evil self.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kttaorZWqbg/Tb1WcqgsxdI/AAAAAAAAeOU/E-useyvMszQ/s400/reign193-1.jpg

DarkSaint85
Same. Billy's been given the short shaft recently with these alternate timelines (Flashpoint is another).

Endless Mike
The best "Superman goes evil" story would have him acting like he does on Superdickery

Zack Fair
hahaha. That would be great.

Should have a japanese/animeesque title:

Super Douchebag unleashed: The triumphant return of super dickery!

Warlord
Daredevil as a street level villain.

DarkRaiden
Black Panther
Thor
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Mr. Terrific
Raven
Storm

Zack Fair
Wonder Woman and Storm would be cool to see.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Wonder Woman and Storm would be cool to see.

thumb up

Rao Kal El
Superboy Prime, Sentry, Earth 2 Superman and Hal Jordan....

Oh wait!...

Actually Superman clones being evil are pretty popular. I wonder why mmm

Bentley
Originally posted by asdf83
Superman is usually at his most interesting when he's made into a villain of some kind, which is why he so often is one in alternate reality portrayals.

Eh, I really hope this is not the most popular opinion out there. There are many ways of playing Superman as he is that are much more interesting than that.

Rao Kal El
Superman only needs to be less boyscout, IMO, a little bit more bad ass would not hurt.

Clark has to behave Beta chump

Superman has to behave Alpha Leader

byrdgang21
Black Bolt

h1a8
Superman would be worst than WW3 BA. He would literally splatter people's brains, hv their head gone, etc. He would be a very gruesome villain.

Batman would be an awesome villain though.

zopzop
Butterball.

Rao Kal El
Matter eating lad

No one will survive

zopzop
Golden Oldie!
http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/scans4/MTU137_GoldenOldie.JPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.