Autism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
Now I hope this topic is not to be called "silly" or become something else by certain posters here. What do you guys think about Autism?

I am curious to know what other posters think on this subject because here in N.Y.C, there was a 14 year old boy by the name of Avonte Oquendo who had severe autism that was missing for the past three months. He was unable to communicate verbally, and he was last seen, running out of his school without any supervision. Here in NYC, police were searching all over all for him. It was all over the news...his picture was placed in just about every subway station, and in the five boroughs.

Sadly at the begging of the new year, police had found his remains miles from where his school was located. The cause of his death still has not yet been determined, but my question is, how do you think this could have been prevented?

Or in any case any autistic person? I recall on another forum, a poster was hinting at placing some kind of device/chip on people with autism, so they can be monitored 24/7. I have no idea. Just curious to what you guys have to say.

NemeBro
Your OP went from fairly mundane to incredibly dark really quickly.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by NemeBro

damn...that was not my intention believe me.

jaden101
BThe best way to deal with any abnormalities in humans? Genocide.

Lord Lucien
Ja wohl.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NemeBro

And then to slightly ****ed up.

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Now I hope this topic is not to be called "silly" or become something else by certain posters here. What do you guys think about Autism?

I am curious to know what other posters think on this subject because here in N.Y.C, there was a 14 year old boy by the name of Avonte Oquendo who had severe autism that was missing for the past three months. He was unable to communicate verbally, and he was last seen, running out of his school without any supervision. Here in NYC, police were searching all over all for him. It was all over the news...his picture was placed in just about every subway station, and in the five boroughs.

Sadly at the begging of the new year, police had found his remains miles from where his school was located. The cause of his death still has not yet been determined, but my question is, how do you think this could have been prevented?

Or in any case any autistic person? I recall on another forum, a poster was hinting at placing some kind of device/chip on people with autism, so they can be monitored 24/7. I have no idea. Just curious to what you guys have to say.

Non-autistic children go missing as well. Forcing chips on people is dehumanizing. However it may make sense for parents to have GPS tracking devices with their children autistic or not.

Lexington
Autism is a definite full time job from a caregivers perspective. I do think Autistic children should get special attention but that conversation happens quite frequently.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
BThe best way to deal with any abnormalities in humans? Genocide.

There was a guy with a silly little moustache that would have agreed with you.

wilco
my nephew has asperger's syndrome. He's 18 now. They reckon many asperger people did that movie (NASA) Apollo 13..with Tom Hanks. (not the movie, but as mathematicians and sh*t)

They get involved very deeply. Though, they can't handle over situations. Maybe that's my excuse here.... laughing 2 brains injuries and comas, well, I'm f***ed for ever...I know that.

I'm still alive - I should be dead. Doctors have commented on it hahahahahaha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.