Avengers vs Pacific Rim

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Avengers has to fight every monster off of pacific rim. Who wins???

golem370
Does this include Shield and the Helicarrier? and that gun that Coulson had.

Psychotron
Not the Avengers.

NemeBro
At the same time?

carver9
The Elite monsters during the end...six of them and no, shield isn't included.

Psychotron
Kaiju rage stomp. Literally.

golem370
I think with Thor ability to fly and use electricity plus Hulks strength and Iron Man speed they would win imo.

Psychotron
How the hell would they win? Even the first Kaiju (the smallest and weakest) survived an all-out assault by the military for 6 days and had to be put down with 3 nukes. And Thor and Hulk (the others are useless) have to take out 6 bigger and badder versions at the same time? The Avengers have no chance.

golem370
Hulk Thor and Iron Man has a chance Thor uses his hammer to impale then through the head or chest Hulk gets eaten and then destroys it from the inside out.

Psychotron
Bullshit. The Kaiju are far too durable for that to work.

golem370
You don't know that The Hammer was pretty much indestructible able to redirect the Destroyers' D was able to got through that giant in Thor I assume its more durable then any of those monsters. BFR them with a tornado as well could work

Psychotron
BFR them? These things were the size of skyscrapers. They ain't bfring shit. The hammer may be more durable but Thor's not strong enough to cause serious damage.

golem370
A tornado can destroy a skyscraper like in day after tomorrow. He destroyed the rainbow bridge he also survived a 30,000 foot drop from the Helicarrier.

Psychotron
Get serious. A tornado isn't destroying something that can tank a nuke.

Zack Fair
Kaiju literally roflstomp the Avengers.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by Psychotron
How the hell would they win? Even the first Kaiju (the smallest and weakest) survived an all-out assault by the military for 6 days and had to be put down with 3 nukes. And Thor and Hulk (the others are useless) have to take out 6 bigger and badder versions at the same time? The Avengers have no chance.
I actually think Iron man can be the most useful here, he can get inside the Kaiju and determine the weak organs in it's body and attacks them , also he can use his other drones here with Jarvis as the pilot to help him !! But it should be decreased to one or two Kaiju at the time, 6 is too much.

NemeBro
Keep in mind that Thor is a considerably faster and smaller target than anything we see the Kaiju take out.

I doubt they can take a hammer to the eye too well.

Hulk and Thor are actually probably stronger, to be honest. Based on their showings against Gipsy Danger, who weighs "only" 450 tons or some shit.

ares834
Kaiju rage stomp. Literally.

steverules_2

3 nukes? Doubtful considering it took one nuke to take out 2 higher level (level 4?) Kaiju near the end, not once in the start do I remember him mentioning that it took 3 nukes to take down a level 1 Kaiju. It took planes and tanks, but nukes weren't used.

Psychotron
That's what it says in the Pacific Rim wiki. Keep in mind that the explosion would be more powerful underwater. Consider also that the big Kaiju Gypsy fought took multiple plasma cannon shots and kept overpowering gypsy right until it died. Also Kaiju are powerful enough to tear Jaegers apart and Jaegers (or at least Gypsy) can tank a nuke.

That EMP on the big one would probably take Iron Man out right from the start. The acid spitting one could probably kill or at least seriously injure Thor and Hulk. I can see them beating one or two, but six? No way.

NemeBro
Gipsy took a nuke?

When was that?

Dramatic Gecko
Hulk Solos.

steverules_2
That's what it says in the Pacific Rim wiki.

Can I get a link to that? Cause in all honesty 3 nukes for a level 1 Kaiju seems doubtful and I can't recall him saying it took 3 nukes for that one Kaiju, like I said it took 1 nuke to take out 2 higher level Kaijus

Originally posted by NemeBro
Gipsy took a nuke?

When was that?

When they were underwater and going after the breach

KingD19
It was 3 tactical nukes I believe.

Psychotron
Originally posted by steverules_2
Can I get a link to that? Cause in all honesty 3 nukes for a level 1 Kaiju seems doubtful and I can't recall him saying it took 3 nukes for that one Kaiju, like I said it took 1 nuke to take out 2 higher level Kaijus

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Kaiju

"The military succeeded in taking down the creature with three tactical nuclear missiles"

It was underwater which should cause much stronger shockwaves. And it's possible that the nuke they used to destroy the portal was bigger.

NemeBro

When they were underwater and going after the breach I am almost positive that it didn't take nearly a direct hit, if at all.

Supra
Hulk and Thor and Ironman kill them all, end of story.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Supra
Hulk and Thor and Ironman kill them all, end of story.

Iron man gets one-shotted by the EMP. Thor and Hulk can't beat 6 monsters each of which is capable of fighting the full military might of the USA for several days.

Supra
Iron man gets one-shotted by the EMP. Thor and Hulk can't beat 6 monsters each of which is capable of fighting the full military might of the USA for several days.

Dude Thor and Hulk are brawlers man..Rewatch Avengers, Thor does the most fighting out of anyone.

He fights Ironman, Hulk, Loki, Takes out most of Chitari on his own.

Thor refuses to lose.

Psychotron
Dude Thor and Hulk are brawlers man..Rewatch Avengers, Thor does the most fighting out of anyone.

He fights Ironman, Hulk, Loki, Takes out most of Chitari on his own.

Thor refuses to lose.

Thor can refuse all he wants. He still get literally stomped by the Kaiju. Thor just doesn't have feats on the level necessary to take them down. Kurse was whooping his candy ass and he got easily impaled by Loki and killed by a sci-fi grenade.

Supra
Thor can refuse all he wants. He still get literally stomped by the Kaiju. Thor just doesn't have feats on the level necessary to take them down. Kurse was whooping his candy ass and he got easily impaled by Loki and killed by a sci-fi grenade.

He flys through the mouth of the Kaiju and clears the back of his brain out..

Kurse beating Thor plays no bearing on this fight.

Psychotron
He flys through the mouth of the Kaiju and clears the back of his brain out..

Kurse beating Thor plays no bearing on this fight.

A creature that can tank the military for days and has to be killed with tactical nukes is going to get one-shotted by Thor. Yeah, right. Kurse had no strength feats on the level of the Kaiju and he worked Thor easily.

Supra
A creature that can tank the military for days and has to be killed with tactical nukes is going to get one-shotted by Thor. Yeah, right. Kurse had no strength feats on the level of the Kaiju and he worked Thor easily.

Kurse would wreck that creature and you know it. Kurse cannot be hurt or stopped. And I don't see the inside of the creatures neck taking anything. He gets hollowed out bad.

Then we got Hulk..and Iron Mans Tri Beams..

Psychotron
Kurse would wreck that creature and you know it. Kurse cannot be hurt or stopped. And I don't see the inside of the creatures neck taking anything. He gets hollowed out bad.

Then we got Hulk..and Iron Mans Tri Beams..

You're such a fanboy. Kurse can't be hurt or stopped? What about Loki impaling him? What about him DYING?

You have absolutely no proof that Thor and Hulk have anything in their arsenal that is as devastating as a prolonged assault by the military + tactical nukes. And Iron man? Lol.

Supra
You're such a fanboy. Kurse can't be hurt or stopped? What about Loki impaling him? What about him DYING?

You have absolutely no proof that Thor and Hulk have anything in their arsenal that is as devastating as a prolonged assault by the military + tactical nukes. And Iron man? Lol.

Show me the PM monster pulling a dimensional grenade out of his ass buddy to stop Kurse, if Loki Impaling him worked then why did he he also have to place that grenade on him to BFR him?

You have literally gone off the deep end lately. Pun intended.

KingD19
Supra did you watch Thor 2? Remember in the beginning Malekith sent in the "Kursed", plural. A bunch of Kurse warriors who were eventually stabbed to death by the Asgardian soldiers.

Psychotron
Show me the PM monster pulling a dimensional grenade out of his ass buddy to stop Kurse, if Loki Impaling him worked then why did he he also have to place that grenade on him to BFR him?

You have literally gone off the deep end lately. Pun intended.

The Kaiju were wrecking entire cities. Those grenades only destroyed a few soldiers and a throne. There's no room for comparison. Get real, m8.

Originally posted by KingD19
Supra did you watch Thor 2? Remember in the beginning Malekith sent in the "Kursed", plural. A bunch of Kurse warriors who were eventually stabbed to death by the Asgardian soldiers.

Good point.

Supra

Glad this isn't Pacfic Rim vs Cursed then since you guys want to downplay Kurse, fine he gets stabbed to death lmoa

Thor and Hulk and Ironman go inside the beats and tear them up from the inside out. Its a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Remember Jonah the Whale?

Bentley
What are the best Hulk/Thor movie feats as far as durability and strength go?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Kurse was whooping his candy ass and he got easily impaled by Loki and killed by a sci-fi grenade.

That's like saying Kaiju are weak because they got beat up by manmade robots and explosions.

Asgardian/Dark Elven blades seem to be more or less on par (I.e. cut through whatever they want) and that sci-fi grenade was like a localized black hole opening up in his chest. erm

Supra
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's like saying Kaiju are weak because they got beat up by manmade robots and explosions.

Asgardian/Dark Elven blades seem to be more or less on par (I.e. cut through whatever they want) and that sci-fi grenade was like a localized black hole opening up in his chest. erm

Finally a voice of reason

jinXed by JaNx
This is a good match up but I think the Avengers will ultimately win. Iron man (tony stark) is to much of an X factor here. If Iron Man is limited to using only the amount of energy in one Arc reactor then I think Kaiju might win. However, if he is able to strategically retreat during the battle then it's only a matter of time before the monsters fall. I think Thor is certainly capable of handling the focus of at least two Kaiju. This isn't to say that I think the film version of Thor could down two of the Kaiju alone but I think he would be more than capable of keeping at least two of the monsters at bay or focused on him. I think the Hulk would be capable of defeating these monsters, but only one at a time. If he has to deal with more than one at a time he may get overwhelmed. Although, this is just because we don't know the full limits of his powers and endurance. Captain America, Hawkeye and black widow aren't going to be of much use here. Hawkeye could be use full if he has a scientist concoct some kind of special explosive or poisonous arrows, other than that these three will be limited to causing distractions with military vehicles.

I think it's definitely possible for the Avengers to win but I don't believe they have as much of an advantage that this forum does. In fact I think they're at a great disadvantage. Their victory will depend on the genius of Bruce banner and Tony start, not the might of their alter egos.

Psychotron
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is a good match up but I think the Avengers will ultimately win. Iron man (tony stark) is to much of an X factor here. If Iron Man is limited to using only the amount of energy in one Arc reactor then I think Kaiju might win. However, if he is able to strategically retreat during the battle then it's only a matter of time before the monsters fall. I think Thor is certainly capable of handling the focus of at least two Kaiju. This isn't to say that I think the film version of Thor could down two of the Kaiju alone but I think he would be more than capable of keeping at least two of the monsters at bay or focused on him. I think the Hulk would be capable of defeating these monsters, but only one at a time. If he has to deal with more than one at a time he may get overwhelmed. Although, this is just because we don't know the full limits of his powers and endurance. Captain America, Hawkeye and black widow aren't going to be of much use here. Hawkeye could be use full if he has a scientist concoct some kind of special explosive or poisonous arrows, other than that these three will be limited to causing distractions with military vehicles.

I think it's definitely possible for the Avengers to win but I don't believe they have as much of an advantage that this forum does. In fact I think they're at a great disadvantage. Their victory will depend on the genius of Bruce banner and Tony start, not the might of their alter egos.

You're forgetting one of the Kaiju has an EMP. Tony dies at the start.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Those manmade robots were strong enough to use an entire ship as if it was a baseball bat. That's a better strength feat than Hulk's Leviathan punch, and the big Kaiju was overpowering Gypsy with one arm.

I disagree. We can't compare the grenades with black holes because the best those grenades ever did was destroy a throne. Not impressive.

steverules_2
I could picture hulk just jumping down Kaiju throats and then bursting out...like a chest burster

Supra
I could picture hulk just jumping down Kaiju throats and then bursting out...like a chest burster

Thor and hulk could both do this.

steverules_2
Yes they could...and afterwards hulk would punch thor smile

Dramatic Gecko
Hulk solos the whole thing. He punched the flying whale plane in the face and it fell over backwards and died. Hulk will punch them in the face they'll stagger backwards and pain. Then he'll continue to grapple and rip around their body causing immense pain. Then another K will try to eat hulk whole, but what's this? The hulk did an amazing hulk jump to a third K and the other end up tearing a chunk out of the other. Hulk jumps in the air and kicks one in the face straight down knocking it in to the water a massive crash. Hulk is then successfully eaten and swallowed by the second. It seems happy and turns to the others when suddenly it feels immense pain and hulks busts out of its throat like a beautiful green angel of death.

Hulk solo's whole fight.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Hulk solos the whole thing. He punched the flying whale plane in the face and it fell over backwards and died.

I doubt that flying whale could tank a nuke.

I'm going with the Kaiju here. If it took days on constant military bombardment to take out the weakest one, then I'm pretty sure IM will deplete his entire arsenal before he takes on down. If Hulk manages to make one them bleed, the acidic blood will corrode Hulk into a skeletal husk. Thor is the only one with a chance here, and IDK if he can take down Slattern.

Psychotron
Hulk reverted back to Banner after falling from the Hellicarrier, the aliens also had him on the ropes at one point. Kaijus stomp him to death.

Arachnid1
Keep in mind that Thor is a considerably faster and smaller target than anything we see the Kaiju take out.

I doubt they can take a hammer to the eye too well.

Hulk and Thor are actually probably stronger, to be honest. Based on their showings against Gipsy Danger, who weighs "only" 450 tons or some shit. +1

Thor lobotomizes one by one. The rest of the Avengers are boned though.

vansonbee
Godzilla stomps

There no way the adaptation Avengers can take on the monsters from PR, these guys are way too big... really.

maxivitopowe

NemeBro
Apparently an update on Gipsy Danger's mass has been made. It is now just shy of 2,000 tons.

Still too light but eh.

Psychotron

emporerpants
Can someone explain to me how the kaiju took nukes but missiles in Striker Eureka's chest still kill them quickly?

Bentley
Originally posted by emporerpants
Can someone explain to me how the kaiju took nukes but missiles in Striker Eureka's chest still kill them quickly?

They are infused with powerful robot energy.

emporerpants
Actually, I was thinking that perhaps they harvested an incredible amount of energy through a dimensional aperature code named simply as "plot hole."

FrothByte
It's actually pretty hard for the Kaiju to defeat Hulk, Thor, and IM (other than EMP). They're pretty small, pretty fast, and pretty strong.

And while it will probably take a while for the team to defeat the Kaiju, I still think it's more plausible than the other way around. Only problem is by the time the Avengers defeat all the Kaiju, probably half the world would be dead.

Dramatic Gecko
I don't believe they can tank a nuke. I think the wiki is wrong. Not uncommon for a wiki.

jinXed by JaNx
You're forgetting one of the Kaiju has an EMP. Tony dies at the start.

I wasn't forgetting that, I just don't know how much of an effect an emp blast would have on Starks Arc reactor. It's an element that I assume may be affected by an emp blast but there's nothing to suggest how strong of an affect it may have. I know he doesn't require reactors to live anymore but that energy is the same type of energy that powers his suits and I really doubt that an EMP blast would permanently shut his suits down. Like I said before if Start has no prep time an only access to one suit then the Avengers don't have a chance. If the Avengers have time to develop a strategy then I think they have an incredible chance of winning.

maxivitopowe
Thor can keep lightning spamming Tony

Psychotron
I don't believe they can tank a nuke. I think the wiki is wrong. Not uncommon for a wiki.

Even if that's true, the weakest Kaiju still tanked an all-out military assault for 6 days. Hulk and Thor have nothing on that.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I wasn't forgetting that, I just don't know how much of an effect an emp blast would have on Starks Arc reactor. It's an element that I assume may be affected by an emp blast but there's nothing to suggest how strong of an affect it may have. I know he doesn't require reactors to live anymore but that energy is the same type of energy that powers his suits and I really doubt that an EMP blast would permanently shut his suits down. Like I said before if Start has no prep time an only access to one suit then the Avengers don't have a chance. If the Avengers have time to develop a strategy then I think they have an incredible chance of winning.

EMP's destroy electronics and circuits and shit. The power source is not relevant.

NemeBro
Even if that's true, the weakest Kaiju still tanked an all-out military assault for 6 days. Hulk and Thor have nothing on that. Thor's power output seen when he killed the Destroyer or when he destroyed the Bifrost bridge would pretty much require a nuclear bomb to be comparable, to be honest.

ares834
Thor's power output seen when he killed the Destroyer or when he destroyed the Bifrost bridge would pretty much require a nuclear bomb to be comparable, to be honest.

Eh?

golem370
He also sent a tidal wave of rock when hitting the ground in Thor

Psychotron
Thor's power output seen when he killed the Destroyer or when he destroyed the Bifrost bridge would pretty much require a nuclear bomb to be comparable, to be honest.

Where exactly are you getting these estimates?

Originally posted by golem370
He also sent a tidal wave of rock when hitting the ground in Thor

Wow. That's impressive. If only modern day weapons could do something like that.

NemeBro
The bifrost's bridge channels the power to raze a world through it with no issue.

Thor smashed it.

Nuke level is the lowest end estimate.

ares834
Uh, not at all. Just because a certain an object can withstand a certain type of energy doesn't mean it can withstand large physical force.

A wire, for example, can channel vast amounts of electricity but a man can tear it in two easily enough.

NemeBro
The bifrost doesn't channel electricity. It channels energy which has a very visible destructive effect when unleashed.

Your analogy was stupid. thumb up

ares834
The point is it channels energy which powers that bifrost not physical force.

Ultimately, there is no reason to believe it requires nuclear level force to destroy the bridge.

NemeBro
"In physics, a force is any influence that causes an object to undergo a certain change, either concerning its movement, direction, or geometrical construction."

Whether it's achieved with a big cosmic gun or a hammer is entirely arbitrary.

ares834
So instead of addressing the argument you nit-pick word choice?

I'll try to be more clear for you. Just because the bridge can withstand vast amounts magic energy doesn't mean it can withstand vast amounts of kinetic energy.

NemeBro
Your argument is hinged on nonsensical assumptions that have no basis in fact or fiction. "Nitpick"? There is exactly no reason why we should assume the hammer for some reason affects the bridge differently than the giant death beam that destroys worlds.

ares834
Your argument is hinged on nonsensical assumptions that have no basis in fact or fiction.

Uh, no. It's based on a little something called material properties.

"Nitpick"? There is exactly no reason why we should assume the hammer for some reason affects the bridge differently than the giant death beam that destroys worlds.

Sure there is. The two are entirely different.

NemeBro
Based on?

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Thor can keep lightning spamming Tony

Firefly218
I haven't seen Pacific rim, but Thor's hammer is both the strongest substance in the universe and magically enchanted. I may be wrong, but I think it should be able to destroy robots.

Psychotron
The bifrost doesn't channel electricity. It channels energy which has a very visible destructive effect when unleashed.

Your analogy was stupid. thumb up

Electricity is energy. His analogy is sound. We have absolutely no idea what kind of power it would take to destroy the Bifrost.

Originally posted by Firefly218
I haven't seen Pacific rim, but Thor's hammer is both the strongest substance in the universe and magically enchanted. I may be wrong, but I think it should be able to destroy robots.

He's not fighting the robots.

FrothByte
We do know that a dark elf ship crashed on the bifrost and didn't even dent it.

Psychotron
That's nice. Still not exactly nuke level.

Epicurus
Electricity is energy. His analogy is sound. We have absolutely no idea what kind of power it would take to destroy the Bifrost.
A casual lightning charge amped Iron Man's power levels by 400%. The arc reactor which powers the suit had a power output of 12 gigawatts, easily on the same scale as most high grade nuclear reactors.

If a casual lightning strike can do that, imagine what a full-power offensive blast meant to kill would do.

Psychotron
Who said he wasn't trying to kill him? He tried smashing Captain America into paste too. Also Thor's lightning =/= his striking power.

If movie Thor's melee attacks were as powerful as nukes he would have soloed the whole movie instead of getting clobbered by Hulk and running away from jets.

NemeBro
Electricity is energy. His analogy is sound. We have absolutely no idea what kind of power it would take to destroy the Bifrost. Thor's hammer is also energy. thumb up

Firefly218
The Mjolnir is an extremely dense construct made of clustered neutrons. That is easily more powerful than a nuke.

The reason caps shield could block the mjolnir is because it's made of vibranium, which is a fictional element.

IceBreaker2000
Avengers go down

Dramatic Gecko
THor drops a hammer on one and it can't get up. Hulk proceeds to destroy them with his superior strength. Iron man scans for weak spots... Hawkeye shoots an explosive at it. The avengers will win. Their smarter.

IceBreaker2000
THor drops a hammer on one and it can't get up. Hulk proceeds to destroy them with his superior strength. Iron man scans for weak spots... Hawkeye shoots an explosive at it. The avengers will win. Their smarter.

Avengers are a terrible team. All they did in the movie is fight each other.

Besides, only Thor and Hulk are useful

Psychotron

What strength feats does Hulk have that put him above tossing a 2000 ton machine several miles? Iron man gets EMP'd right at the start. Lol at Hawkeye.

Thor's hammer is also energy. thumb up

Everything is energy if we want to get into physics.

NemeBro
Now you're getting it. thumb up

DrDeadpool
Actually now that I think about it Iron Man with enough of his armors with Jarvis as pilot can do it !! and LOL at anyone who says Iron man gets EMP'd
Iron man armors are technologically digital but their basis is analog (Arc reactor) although monsters just used EMP one time but anyway
Iron man can do it with enough of his suits and actually Thor is quite useless here , he is probably going to use his weather manipulation which is not enough for the monsters and he is not smart enough to use them correctly.

Mindship
I'd like to think the Avengers would win. But my feeling is, they'd have to be operating closer to their comic-book counterparts to really do that. Generally, movie heroes' powers don't reach/exceed "nuclear level" performance, and the kaiju required that level of power to take them out.

With implied potential, the Avengers win, and once they get a rhythm going, they stomp. But from what's been shown on screen...I'm leaning toward the PRk's.

Robtard
Tony's Arc Reactor could power 9.92 Flux Capacitors.

FrothByte
I doubt Ironman is susceptible to EMP. Gipsy Danger had a load of electronics in it's system (remember those holographic screens?) but was unaffected by EMP because it had a nuclear reactor for a power core. IM has an arc reactor as it's main powersource, so it shouldn't be affected by an EMP despite his suit also having electronics.

The Avenger's best tactic should be just to arm IM, Hulk and Thor with some decent axes or swords (preferrable of Asgardian make) and get them to grab on to a kaiju's back and start hacking away.

It may take some time but the kaijus don't have much defense against that.

Robtard
Poison blood > Thor and Hulk, pal. Good job killing the two heaviest hitters.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Poison blood > Thor and Hulk, pal. Good job killing the two heaviest hitters.

Chau survived for quite some time inside a kaiju. Pretty sure Thor and Hulk are more durable than Chau.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by FrothByte
Chau survived for quite some time inside a kaiju. Pretty sure Thor and Hulk are more durable than Chau.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/id528207bf.jpg

God Cloth Seiya
Yeah the avengers die

The Silent Hero
There's nothing the avengers could do. They said at first it took days of constant military assault, nukes, etc. just to kill ONE entry level kaiju.

FrothByte
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
There's nothing the avengers could do. They said at first it took days of constant military assault, nukes, etc. just to kill ONE entry level kaiju.

But but but... what about my suggestion of arming IM, Hulk, and Thor with swords and just making them hack on a kaiju's neck?

Psychotron
That's silly.

FrothByte
That's silly.

It's feasible. Chau was able to cut through a Kaiju with a knife. Give Hulk and Thor a good sword each, drop them on the back of a Kaiju, and the Kaiju has no defense against them hacking it's head off. It may take a while, but the kaiju still can't do anything about it.

Psychotron
Except lay on their backs or stop drop and roll.

Bentley
I doubt Ironman is susceptible to EMP. Gipsy Danger had a load of electronics in it's system (remember those holographic screens?)

They were analogic screens ahah

KingD19
Gipsy Danger was so effective because it was nuclear powered. It was unaffected by the EMP.

FrothByte
Gipsy Danger was so effective because it was nuclear powered. It was unaffected by the EMP.

It was nuclear powered but it had electronic systems as well. Kinda like how IM is powered by an arc reactor but had electronic systems as well.

KingD19
But they specifically pointed out how Gipsy Danger wasn't in trouble from the EMP due to it being Nuclear iirc.

Rayeigh said something like "All Gypsy's system's are analog."

DrDeadpool
But they specifically pointed out how Gipsy Danger wasn't in trouble from the EMP due to it being Nuclear iirc.

Rayeigh said something like "All Gypsy's system's are analog."
Their bases are analog , but the parts themselves are digital (obviously) !! IM 's base is analog too (arc reactor) but its system is digital.

KingD19
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Their bases are analog , but the parts themselves are digital (obviously) !! IM 's base is analog too (arc reactor) but its system is digital.

Wrong. It's clearly pointed out that Gipsy's operating systems are analog and run on nuclear power(it's old school like that). That's why it took Leatherback's EMP with no problem, while Striker Eureka was shut down. Cherno Alpha would have been fine if it hadn't already been melted.

DrDeadpool
Wrong. It's clearly pointed out that Gipsy's operating systems are analog and run on nuclear power(it's old school like that). That's why it took Leatherback's EMP with no problem, while Striker Eureka was shut down. Cherno Alpha would have been fine if it hadn't already been melted.
Lol submarines work with nuclear power too, all the electricity for electronic devices inside the submarines come from that nuclear power (they use DAC) , the electronic devices themselves aren't analog , they are digital , now an EMP (although it depends on some factors too) won't affect the submarine ,honestly analog devices aren't being used that much (like 80s) nowadays .

KingD19
The fact is no matter what you say, in the movie Gipsy running on analog nuclear power is the explained and displayed reason Leatherback's EMP doesn't work on them, but it works on Striker Eureka which is entirely digital. An emp won't work on it, period.

FrothByte
The fact is no matter what you say, in the movie Gipsy running on analog nuclear power is the explained and displayed reason Leatherback's EMP doesn't work on them, but it works on Striker Eureka which is entirely digital. An emp won't work on it, period.

Yes, thing is IM isn't entirely digital. He is powered by an arc reactor which is why the EMP shouldn't work on him. Gipsy danger had an analog power source but it sure as hell wasn't pure analog, unless you consider holographic screens as analog.

KingD19
I wasn't arguing that IM was susceptible to one. Only that Gipsy wasn't.

FrothByte
I wasn't arguing that IM was susceptible to one. Only that Gipsy wasn't.

Oh, then I guess we might all be in agreement then. That if Gipsy is not susceptible to EMP (which he proved he wasn't) then IM shouldn't be as well due to them both having an analog power source.

KingD19
The only way I see IM being effected could potentially be to the sheer size and potency of the EMP. Leatherback was absolutely massive. So that might be able to affect him, but it's doubtful.

Psychotron
Oh, then I guess we might all be in agreement then. That if Gipsy is not susceptible to EMP (which he proved he wasn't) then IM shouldn't be as well due to them both having an analog power source.

Wait a minute. The other mechs also had reactors as power sources.

FrothByte
Wait a minute. The other mechs also had reactors as power sources.

I don't remember it mentioned that they had nuclear reactors. From what I remember they were purely digital/electronic.

Psychotron
I don't remember it mentioned that they had nuclear reactors. From what I remember they were purely digital/electronic.

Yeah, they did. The Russian chick yells "Water is flooding the reactor" when they're getting crushed by the Kaiju. And I don't see how being digital has anything to do with the power source.

KingD19
Cherno Alpha and Gipsy Danger were the only ones with Nuclear Reactors as they were much older models. Cherno would have survived the EMP as well, but Otachi had already melted a hole in it.

Psychotron
So what were the others powered by? Toshiba?

KingD19
Gipsy Danger had an Arc-9 Analog reactor

Striker Eureka had an XIG Supercell Chamber(not analog)

Psychotron
Where is this info from?

KingD19
The wiki. Which takes info from specs and the books and anything they can find.

Psychotron
If we use the wiki then the Avengers get blown the f*uck out because even an entry level Kaiju needs 3 nukes to be killed.

KingD19
True it took three nukes, but they were tactical nukes. Much smaller than normal ones and far less powerful.

Psychotron
Even so I don't see anyone on the team that packs that kind of power.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Bentley
They were analogic screens ahah

Nope. Just checked the movie again. Holographic screens (which are obviously electronic)

liqiankun1998
感觉不错

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.