Planet Hulk vs Ultimate Hulk(Ultimates)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The fight takes place in an arena

playa1258
Ultimate Hulk wrecked the Avengers, picked up mjonir and was destroying ships with his fists that nothing short of a nuclear explosion could damage.

carver9
Planet Hulk wins.

BruceSkywalker
Planet Hulk takes care of business

Supra
PH

golem370
Planet Hulk was a good Hulk but Ultimate Hulk was a rage monster which may give him the edge.

FrothByte
Planet Hulk could barely beat Beta Ray. Actually, he was unable to beat him until he got a cheap shot in.

Ultimate Hulk was taking on the entire Avengers team. Ultimate Hulk definitely wins.

Of course if we included Hulk from the Hulk vs. Thor dvd, then that Hulk wrecks all.

Psychotron
Ultimate Hulk wins.

Silent Master
Weren't those ships Ult Hulk destroyed weak to gamma radiation, I seem to recall that being hit with gamma rad made them brittle.

Psychotron
Maybe. But he still wrecked the Avengers and picked up Mjolnir. Planet Hulk wasn't all that impressive imo.

Impediment
Ultimate Hulk wins, but not easily. His blind, unending rage is the key for a win.

carver9
Originally posted by FrothByte
Planet Hulk could barely beat Beta Ray. Actually, he was unable to beat him until he got a cheap shot in.

Ultimate Hulk was taking on the entire Avengers team. Ultimate Hulk definitely wins.

Of course if we included Hulk from the Hulk vs. Thor dvd, then that Hulk wrecks all.

Hulk was weakened when he fought Bill. Weakened by the portal and the disks. During the end, nothing could stop him. He tanked EVERYTHING.

Psychotron
But wasn't horse Thor weakened too? He went through the portal and had the same disks on him too.

carver9
Originally posted by Psychotron
But wasn't horse Thor weakened too? He went through the portal and had the same disks on him too.

He didn't go through the same portal. Also, his powers is different than Hulk...Hulk power is to grow more powerful while getting mad...without that, he was just another strong man with a minor healing factor. Bets Ray Bill still bad high end durability, blasts, etc...he wasnt as handicapped as Hulk (and didn't go through the portal Hulk went through along with the consistent battles).

Utrigita
Leaning towards planet hulk.

Robtard
Planet Hulk is the superior film.

But PH feats don't compare to UH's feats, iirc. UH was close to Mindless Hulk in portrayal. He swiped the floor with all the Avengers and almost outright killed a few of them.

Supra
Originally posted by Robtard
Planet Hulk is the superior film.

But PH feats don't compare to UH's feats, iirc. UH was close to Mindless Hulk in portrayal. He swiped the floor with all the Avengers and almost outright killed a few of them.

He also picked up Thors Hammer and one shotted Thor with it.

uD_yETfSsiE

Robtard
I put that under the "wiped the floor with all the Avengers" category.

Thinking about it, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America or Pym could have possibly taken down everything or almost everything PH faced in his film. The spores would be the one problem, though IM would be safe.

Supra
Him picking up Thors hammer might put him in a different category and make him stronger then PH.

FrothByte
Originally posted by carver9
He didn't go through the same portal. Also, his powers is different than Hulk...Hulk power is to grow more powerful while getting mad...without that, he was just another strong man with a minor healing factor. Bets Ray Bill still bad high end durability, blasts, etc...he wasnt as handicapped as Hulk (and didn't go through the portal Hulk went through along with the consistent battles).

There's really nothing in the movie to indicate that going through the portal made him weaker.

The disc however did control his rage somewhat, which I guess translates to limiting his strength, but that still doesn't change the fact that Beta Ray BIll was beating him to the punch nearly every time.

And IIRC, that disc also allowed him to be more of a "thinking" Hulk and kept him in Hulk form even after he's been knocked out. So it's both an advantage and a disadvantage.

NemeBro
Does Planet Hulk have his feat of manipulating tectonic plates?

Supra
There's really nothing in the movie to indicate that going through the portal made him weaker.

The disc however did control his rage somewhat, which I guess translates to limiting his strength, but that still doesn't change the fact that Beta Ray BIll was beating him to the punch nearly every time.

And IIRC, that disc also allowed him to be more of a "thinking" Hulk and kept him in Hulk form even after he's been knocked out. So it's both an advantage and a disadvantage.

Him being weaker and not being able to escape as they said the portal made him weaker in the beginning when he could not break the shadoforge or break through the wall keeping him a prisoner.

carver9

It was stated that the portal made him weaker. That's why they was able to hurt him when he fell on the planet.

Supra
Originally posted by carver9
It was stated that the portal made him weaker. That's why they was able to hurt him when he fell on the planet.

ya think! laughing

Impediment
Ultimate Hulk lifted Mjolnir and beat the shit out of Thor.

Mindless rage wins.

I also agree with Sperm Burper Rob that Planet Hulk is a better film, though.

NemeBro
Originally posted by NemeBro

dadudemon
Originally posted by Supra
He also picked up Thors Hammer and one shotted Thor with it.

uD_yETfSsiE

That shit is so cash.

There's nothing more satisfying than a hulking, raging, monster destroying everything in its path.

Supra
He picks the hammer up once cause its cool and twice cause he owns it like a boss.

Supra

Barely take him out? He stomped the shit out of him man, cmon.

bWohh9pPmQ8

wakkawakkawakka
Uh that clip showed Beta Ray Bill beating the shit out of Hulk until the disk was removed.

FrothByte
Barely take him out? He stomped the shit out of him man, cmon.

bWohh9pPmQ8

?? That video showed BRB beating the crap out of Hulk, until his disc was destroyed and Hulk got in a cheap shot while BRB was distracted. Prior to that, Hulk landed like 2 shots.

NemeBro

wakkawakkawakka
No he doesn't now stop asking damnit. He does had Fred though.

Supra
?? That video showed BRB beating the crap out of Hulk, until his disc was destroyed and Hulk got in a cheap shot while BRB was distracted. Prior to that, Hulk landed like 2 shots.

Hulk always gets owned by Thor or BRB then he kicks the crap out of them. No one can stop the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I really don't see why Ultimate Hulk lifting Mjolnir automatically means he's strong. Ultimate Mjolnir doesn't have a Worthy enchantment and is just REALLY f*cking heavy. I still think it's silly that it outright one-shotted Thor, especially since he can mentally control the hammer, but wtv, IIRC Craig Kyle or Yost was on the story team.

Still, Ultimate Hulk probably wins on rage points alone.

Utrigita

thumb up

Also it was made clear that BRB also traveled through a portal.

Supra
Originally posted by Utrigita
thumb up

Also it was made clear that BRB also traveled through a portal.

Hulk still almost killed him.

Psychotron
By cheating. Delta Ray Dave was owning his ass before that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I really don't see why Ultimate Hulk lifting Mjolnir automatically means he's strong. Ultimate Mjolnir doesn't have a Worthy enchantment and is just REALLY f*cking heavy.

Well, nothing in the film indicates that regarding that version of Mjolnir. The film is not the same universe as the Ultimate universe: it is based on it.

Psychotron
I personally liked how Captain America was taking hits from an enraged Hulk, and still kept fighting while Thor got one-shotted. Iron man got back up, Pym got up 2 times but Thor was laid out for the whole fight.

Supra
I personally liked how Captain America was taking hits from an enraged Hulk, and still kept fighting while Thor got one-shotted. Iron man got back up, Pym got up 2 times but Thor was laid out for the whole fight.

Amusing rolling on floor laughing

Utrigita
Hulk still almost killed him.

When Hulk got in a cheapshot against a BRB who was about to thank Hulk for freeing him.

FrothByte

Yeah, guess they had to gimp Thor somehow seeing as even on his own, Thor was already matching Hulk. They wanted this to be a team effort and thus had to remove Thor from the fight.

Psychotron
They could have come up with something else. The fight made Thor into the biggest chump on the team.

Supra
They could have come up with something else. The fight made Thor into the biggest chump on the team.

Thor showed up looking cool and got his ass kicked by his own hammer.

FrothByte
Yeah. Thor did have a cool intro though. He completely outclassed Hulk in the first 3/4 of their fight. Then he gets one-shot by his own hammer... that was lame.

But

it sure as hell was a lot better than the utter disrespect he got in the Hulk vs. Thor dvd.

Supra
Yeah. Thor did have a cool intro though. He completely outclassed Hulk in the first 3/4 of their fight. Then he gets one-shot by his own hammer... that was lame.

But

it sure as hell was a lot better than the utter disrespect he got in the Hulk vs. Thor dvd.

Yea I dont know what to think of it.

dadudemon
But

hehehe

golem370
Planet Hulk was survived the purification bomb even though it did k.o'ed him. He also one-shotted the insect creature that was beating the other team including Korg.

KingD19
Just want to point out that at the time Ultimates was made, Ultimate Thor wasn't a God. He was a crazy guy with a power belt and a weather controlling hammer. And he wasn't nearly as strong as he became recently. So Hulk steamrolling him isn't as impressive as it would be.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, nothing in the film indicates that regarding that version of Mjolnir. The film is not the same universe as the Ultimate universe: it is based on it.

So you want to assume a Mjolnir that was based directly on the Ultimate Version (Which doesn't have the enchantment) possess it because it was never said it DOESN'T have the Worthy enchantment? Nice try shifting the burden of proof. How about you point to a scene that says the hammer DOES have the enchantment? Or perhaps to some Marvel editorial edict that says any Mjolnir in any Universe in any medium HAS to have the worthy enchantment?

The logic of some people never ceases to amaze me. erm

Supra
So you want to assume a Mjolnir that was based directly on the Ultimate Version (Which doesn't have the enchantment) possess it because it was never said it DOESN'T have the Worthy enchantment? Nice try shifting the burden of proof. How about you point to a scene that says the hammer DOES have the enchantment? Or perhaps to some Marvel editorial edict that says any Mjolnir in any Universe in any medium HAS to have the worthy enchantment?

He speaks the truth

FrothByte
Well since Hulk was able to lift mjolnir then we have to assume that there was something wonky with the enchantment.

golem370
I believe Hulk & Superman are as strong as the writer want them to be.

NemeBro
So other than beating up a bunch of people who apparently also don't have feats, what has Ultimate Hulk done that makes people believe he takes Planet Hulk?

golem370
Its imo not based of feats its Ultimte Hulk was raging where planet hulk was more controlled

Psychotron
So other than beating up a bunch of people who apparently also don't have feats, what has Ultimate Hulk done that makes people believe he takes Planet Hulk?

Going by that logic who did Planet Hulk beat up that was impressive? Certainly not horse Thor.

NemeBro
Point

Your head

Let me be plainer: What are the respective feats of either the characters themselves or the people they fought?

Apparently Planet Hulk survived the Purification Bomb like in the comics, which if it was like the comics, is a very solid durability feat.

Psychotron
Point

Your head

Let me be plainer: What are the respective feats of either the characters themselves or the people they fought?

Apparently Planet Hulk survived the Purification Bomb like in the comics, which if it was like the comics, is a very solid durability feat.

True, but UH lifted Mjolnir. His initial struggle with it indicates that there was some kind of enchantment on it.

Silent Master
Or that it was really heavy.

FrothByte
Even without the Mjolnir feat, Ultimate Hulk was taking on the entire Avengers team (sans Thor) altogether. Planet Hulk took on some random gladiators and beasts.

dadudemon

Calm down. You made a claim that wasn't seen on screen or even in the extras. That violates this sub-forum's golden rule. I made no clams about enchantments or lack of enchantments: I only pointed out that horrible flaw in your logic.

Question: why did Thor looked shocked when Hulk lifted the hammer? huh?

smile

Originally posted by Silent Master
Or that it was really heavy.

Not that: it would have fallen quite far into the cement* if it was "really heavy". Hulk just showed, seconds prior, that a tank is like plastic to his strength.

He struggled like a mother ****er with that hammer. So if it was just "really heavy", when it fell back down*, we'd have craters. All sorts of stuff would be off like Thor creating craters everywhere he walked.

*This refers to Hulk throwing the hammer at Thor's face and then the hammer falling onto the ground with a clank sound...but no massive craters. Enchantment confirmed. big grin

NemeBro
Mjolnir probably had an enchantment. If you just needed to be really strong to lift it, well, Thor wouldn't have been surprised that Hulk could do so.

True, but UH lifted Mjolnir. His initial struggle with it indicates that there was some kind of enchantment on it. Why should anyone give a ****?

How strong do you have to be to lift Mjolnir?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Calm down. You made a claim that wasn't seen on screen or even in the extras. That violates this sub-forum's golden rule. I made no clams about enchantments or lack of enchantments: I only pointed out that horrible flaw in your logic.

Question: why did Thor looked shocked when Hulk lifted the hammer? huh?

smile

I am calm. Except I was responding to people assuming there was an enchantment on the hammer in the first place. It's not perfectly conclusive but assuming it has no enchantment due to the Ultimate Universe origins is more logical then assuming it does just because. Besides, Hulk struggled for five seconds before lifting the hammer and wielding the thing like it was just another weapon when he didn't even get noticeably stronger after the fact. Either it was just really heavy, or whatever enchantment is on there, it's pretty shitty.

Or he was surprised anyone was as strong as him? I'm really not going to waste time debating an animated Thor's subjective facial expressions to reach a conclusion. I'd prefer subjective indirect and non conclusive evidence.

abhilegend
So hulk struggled to lift a weapon that Thor was casually walking with while he looked far stronger than Thor even in the start of the fight? Oh Thorbags, you never cease to be amusing.

Supra
He struggled to lift it the first time, he picked it up like a paper weight the second time.

Robtard
Why should anyone give a ****?

Seven strong.

Psychotron
Mjolnir probably had an enchantment. If you just needed to be really strong to lift it, well, Thor wouldn't have been surprised that Hulk could do so.

Why should anyone give a ****?

Stronger than 616 Hulk has ever been apparently.

Supra
Guys watch the video again, he amped to pick it up the first time, the second time his strength was amped and he picked it up on the fly.

FrothByte
Yeah, that's one thing that never made sense to me. Hulk struggled to lift Mjolnir up the first time, but the 2nd time he picks it up like a regular hammer. What gives?

Honestly, Thor gets soooo little respect in Marvel cartoons/animations it's ridiculous.

dadudemon
Either it was just really heavy, or whatever enchantment is on there, it's pretty shitty.

I definitely can agree to this.

What I cannot agree with is one of these 2 positions:

1. No enchantment on the hammer.
2. There are tons of enchantments on the hammer.

Those two positions are too strong to support by what was seen onscreen. Weak enchantment/s seems like the safe-middle road. It's definitely not super heavy based on what we saw on screen.

Guys watch the video again, he amped to pick it up the first time, the second time his strength was amped and he picked it up on the fly.

hmm

Okay, that's some pretty good ****in' logic.

FrothByte
How bout... ultimate mjolnir is a piece of high-tech weaponry that is specifically attuned to work with Thor's belt of strength. So unless you wear the belt of strength, Mjolnir becomes quite heavy and unwieldy?

dadudemon
How bout... ultimate mjolnir is a piece of high-tech weaponry that is specifically attuned to work with Thor's belt of strength. So unless you wear the belt of strength, Mjolnir becomes quite heavy and unwieldy?

That explanation does not fit with what was seen on screen.

It almost works as an explanation, but doesn't quite cut it.

Here's why:

1. The hammer isn't making massive craters in the ground when it falls (it does this twice, I believe).

2. Hulk, initially, cannot pick it up. He has to amp to pick it up.

3. Every step Hulk takes, he is not creating massive craters in the ground from how heavy the hammer is.

Your explanation works great until Hulk is introduced into the scenario.

FrothByte
You're right. Oh well, had to give it a shot anyway.

Guess "Hulk amping up" is currently the best explanation. But it's still weak. Did he amp up enough to counter the enchantment or counter the weight? Because if he countered the weight, then same thing, he should have been making craters with every step he took. If it's still an enchantment, I don't think strength should have anything to do with it.

Like I said before, cartoon writers really don't give a crap about Thor. He's basically used as a tool to make Hulk look good.

Supra
He was amped guys, plain and simple. He struggled to pick it up the first time, amped to pick it up, was at the strength level dealing with Thor, picks it up on the fly again like it was nothing.

AMPED

FrothByte
Yeah, but amped to counter what? Was Mjolnir enchanted? Because no amount of amping up on Hulk's part should allow him to counter the enchantment. Or was Mjolnir just really heavy?

Supra
Yeah, but amped to counter what? Was Mjolnir enchanted? Because no amount of amping up on Hulk's part should allow him to counter the enchantment. Or was Mjolnir just really heavy?

Probably just heavy as hell because Hulk had to Amp to kick Thors ass..When thor came in he was wrecking Hulk.

The madder Hulk gets the stronger hold true.

steverules_2
PH

NemeBro
Stronger than 616 Hulk has ever been apparently. Is this Thor's enchantment as strong as 616's?

dadudemon
Is this Thor's enchantment as strong as 616's?

Definitely NOT.

BUT! I have to troll for a bit:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jlaavengers4.jpg

Supra
Definitely NOT.

BUT! I have to troll for a bit:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/jlaavengers4.jpg

If you like that picture, get in here

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t591357.html

Silent Master
The best part of that crossover was the look on Superman's face when he was shown to be unworthy.

abhilegend
All the best parts of that crossover are in my sig.

Silent Master
Nope, the best was the scene I mentioned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.