night scenes from movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tbd
I am doing a photo project and need to have a bunch of night scenes from movies....preferably scenes in new york...but anywhere will do...any and all suggestions appreciated

jaden101
Only God Forgives and Drive have some of the most stunning night shots of any movies.

Lexington
Heat with De Nero had some cool night scenes. not NY Though...

fostersAccount
They went through a lot of trouble in apocalypto to have the night scenes look realistic instead of the typical cheesy "blue tint" that most films use to denote nighttime

Lexington
Originally posted by fostersAccount
They went through a lot of trouble in apocalypto to have the night scenes look realistic instead of the typical cheesy "blue tint" that most films use to denote nighttime

Actually this ^^

they used high-definition Panavision Genesis cameras for night-time flming.

I remember Gibson talking about it on the DVD Commentary.

Awesome movie BTW.

fostersAccount
Originally posted by Lexington
Actually this ^^

they used high-definition Panavision Genesis cameras for night-time flming.

I remember Gibson talking about it on the DVD Commentary.

Awesome movie BTW.

Commentary was where I learned about it as well.
Plus the spider cam for that waterfall shot.. amazing

Fallschirmjäger
I'm a bit late to the thread, but how about the night time scenes from Amando De Ossorio's Tombs Of The Blind Dead? The night time scenes in that one were used outside and around the ruins of a real deserted monastery somewhere in Spain. Very effective and atmospheric camera work. There again, "Tombs" was a unique movie in all regards!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.