Space Dandy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NemeBro
http://sarahtherebel.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/spacedandy01.jpg

Anyone else seen this amazing anime yet? It's made me laugh, and even gives me feels later one. It's basically one of the best anime I've ever seen, and from Shinichiro Watanabe (Might have mispelled idc), the guy who directed Cowboy Bebop, you know you're in for an entirely unique experience.

Would highly recommend to anyone, and it's even playing on Toonami every so it's easy to catch regularly.

Kazenji
Been meaning to watch it, The place that sells anime here screens it on their site.

NemeBro
Try to see it if you can, it's fantastic.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah I've seen this show and its friggin awesome. Also think its cool how North America was able to see it before Japan but I'm jaded like that.

Unfortunately I missed this week's episode.

NemeBro
So did I. sad

Tzeentch
i dun have cable

mechagoomba
almost rivals the katana in its majesty

ares834
Dat Ending.

wakkawakkawakka
IKR this be cool and stuff.

FinalAnswer
Greatest ending I've ever seen.

Nephthys
I'm on episode 4. Its ok I guess.

wakkawakkawakka
It gets better. Though I will admit that episode 3 kind of bored me a bit. Nonetheless it is still friggin awesome.

Omega Vision
Love this show. Favorites so far are the Ramen episode, the orphan episode, and the race episode.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm on episode 4. Its ok I guess.

Go back to Homestuck.

mechagoomba
stay out of good all american shows you communist

Nephthys
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Go back to Homestuck.

Its on hiatus.

Nephthys
All caught up. I guess I just don't get why people think its so amazing. Its just pretty good. The best episode was the one with the alien kid Dandy's looking after. That was sweet.

FinalAnswer
I guess I just don't get why people think its so amazing.

Because it's a show about a dandy man. In space.

SSJGGogeta
Eh, I would check it out, but it just seems way too boring for me. It just seems like it has the same feel as One Piece, which I ****ing LOATHE with a passion. From what I've seen of it, it just tries way too hard to be funny and ends up failing horribly in the process. Plus, for some reason the main dude just reminds me way too much of Hercule from DBZ. No thanks. no

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Eh, I would check it out, but it just seems way too boring for me. It just seems like it has the same feel as One Piece, which I ****ing LOATHE with a passion. From what I've seen of it, it just tries way too hard to be funny and ends up failing horribly in the process. Plus, for some reason the main dude just reminds me way too much of Hercule from DBZ. No thanks. no

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vg/image/1336/64/1336647030371.gif

TheTyrant
It's pretty good. It's made by same guy who made Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by TheTyrant
It's pretty good. It's made by same guy who made Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop.

Exactly the reason I don't want to watch it/think it looks gay. IMO, Samurai Champloo was pretty shitty and Cowboy Bebop was one of the wort anime's of all time.

Nephthys
Troll harder.

SSJGGogeta
Troll harder.

Me? Sorry I don't think that shitty, uncreative, plotless, boring, and overall recycled anime's that can't keep five year olds entertained aren't good. thumb up

FinalAnswer
Me? Sorry I don't think that shitty, uncreative, plotless, boring, and overall recycled anime's that can't keep five year olds entertained aren't good. thumb up

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vg/image/1336/64/1336647030371.gif

TheTyrant
Exactly the reason I don't want to watch it/think it looks gay. IMO, Samurai Champloo was pretty shitty and Cowboy Bebop was one of the wort anime's of all time.

Your name is SSJGGogeta.

NemeBro
Exactly the reason I don't want to watch it/think it looks gay. IMO, Samurai Champloo was pretty shitty and Cowboy Bebop was one of the wort anime's of all time. Didn't you watch GT?

Zack Fair
Last week's episode was too funny 4 words.

This show is great. Nice alternative from all the serious, broody, melodrama anime out there.

SSJGGogeta
@ TheTyrant: And?

@ Nemebro: I watched it when it first came out and I was really young, but GT is still better(BARELY) than Cowboy Bebop. IMO that is.

FinalAnswer
but GT is still better(BARELY) than Cowboy Bebop. IMO that is.

http://i.imgur.com/UBFTL.gif

Zack Fair
Is he saying Dragonball GT > Cowboy Bebop?

Omega Vision
All caught up. I guess I just don't get why people think its so amazing. Its just pretty good. The best episode was the one with the alien kid Dandy's looking after. That was sweet.
You have to watch it for what it is: an irreverent, discontinuous series of screwball adventures with surrealistic animation.

I never go in expecting a deep story, so every time an episode has something approaching one I'm pleasantly surprised, but not disappointed if it doesn't. I also understand that most of the more over the top humor is going to be a little cheesy, so you have to appreciate the moments of wit and well-timed delivery such as when Dandy remarked "You notice how he's a cat?" in the third episode.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Omega Vision
You have to watch it for what it is: an irreverent, discontinuous series of screwball adventures with surrealistic animation.

I never go in expecting a deep story, so every time an episode has something approaching one I'm pleasantly surprised, but not disappointed if it doesn't. I also understand that most of the more over the top humor is going to be a little cheesy, so you have to appreciate the moments of wit and well-timed delivery such as when Dandy remarked "You notice how he's a cat?" in the third episode. thumb up

Exactly. I just watch it relax and have a few good laughs.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I never go in expecting a deep story, so every time an episode has something approaching one I'm pleasantly surprised, but not disappointed if it doesn't. I also understand that most of the more over the top humor is going to be a little cheesy, so you have to appreciate the moments of wit and well-timed delivery such as when Dandy remarked "You notice how he's a cat?" in the third episode.

Yes, I knew that going in. Thats exactly what I wanted. I mean, its called ****ing Space Dandy, I know I'm not in this for a writing masterclass. Its just that I found it decidedly mediocre and..... not particularly funny. I didn't dislike it, I laughed at it well enough. Its just that people said it was going to be really good ("It's basically one of the best anime I've ever seen"wink. And it has a great team behind it. And the premise seems hilarious. And it looked like it was going to be really funny. But its not. Its ok.

NemeBro
You find One Piece really funny though. mmm

Nephthys
Sometimes. They do the dumb thing of explaining the joke a lot though. Like, I hate it when someone does something stupid then theres a reaction panel with 3 people shouting 'Thats not how pants work!' Or with the dwarves, they're really gullible and everyone has to point out that they're gullible every time it comes up. Because thats funny. That seems to be really popular in manga I find.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Is he saying Dragonball GT > Cowboy Bebop?

Barely, but yes. Because it is.

FinalAnswer
Barely, but yes. Because it is.

http://i.imgur.com/UBFTL.gif

ScreamPaste
Even I like Cowbow Bebop. Go home, Gogo, you're drunk.

KingD19
I was too sleepy the first time I watched it to realize the Machinian/Graviton-Gravitina brothers were Indians.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Even I like Cowbow Bebop. Go home, Gogo, you're drunk.

That has nothing to do with Cowboy Bebop being a shitty series. In fact, it's even sadder because I like just about everything when I'm drunk.

NemeBro
Gogo's taste is pretty bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.