Sylar/Peter (Heroes) vs Superman/Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the show Heroes. Peter and Sykar take on Earth hero's (we always use the latest versions of each character).

Who wins?

Peter and Sylar are at full power. This is during the time both had complete control of their powers.

Supra
Team 2 stomps.

FrothByte
I don't know. Didn't Sylar and Peter eventually have the power to stop time?

Supra
The most powerful weapon they have is lighting which is not going to do a thing against either of them

We are talking about Thor and Superman here

This is not even a threat to them.

steverules_2
Can't stop time without a head

Firefly218
If superman wasn't so fast team 1 would have a chance.

KingD19
It really depends on which version of Heroes this is. As several versions of Peter can manip time and set off nukes.

carver9
Originally posted by Supra
The most powerful weapon they have is lighting which is not going to do a thing against either of them

We are talking about Thor and Superman here

This is not even a threat to them.

No, they can set off nukes, transmutation, etc, etc...

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19
It really depends on which version of Heroes this is. As several versions of Peter can manip time and set off nukes.

This is them at their most powerful. Didn't they gain Super speed at one point (the guy with the knives who combat speed poops on anything Superman has shown outside of flight).

Dramatic Gecko
Peter survived blowing up. And against current versions that's all it would take. Peter solo's

Supra
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Peter survived blowing up. And against current versions that's all it would take. Peter solo's

No Peter does not solo. Nothing he has hurts Thor. Peter gets a hammer up his ass. Man of Steel takes them into the space as he snaps their necks right off their lifeless bodies.

Your comparing some TV sub mutants to Thor and Superman, they lose.

This belongs in the All versus forum as Peter and Skylar are not form any movie.

Dramatic Gecko
No Peter does not solo. Nothing he has hurts Thor. Peter gets a hammer up his ass.
I know for a fact that mos superman cannot survive a nuke. I do not know about thor. I know he's not strong enough to hold his ground. He'll be thrown back for miles. But will he come flying back a few seconds later? Tell me if he does and I'll agree Thor wins.

Supra
I know for a fact that mos superman cannot survive a nuke. I do not know about thor. I know he's not strong enough to hold his ground. He'll be thrown back for miles. But will he come flying back a few seconds later? Tell me if he does and I'll agree Thor wins.

Nukes, lmao, who's got nukes? Neither one of them is going down, They are brawlers who don't give up, you might want to watch Thor, Thor 2 and Avengers again and watch what hulk can do, then you might wanna go rewatch man of steel.

This is the wrong forum anyways. This goes in All versus, carver you should know that.

Dramatic Gecko
Nukes, lmao, who's got nukes? Neither one of them is going down, They are brawlers who don't give up, you might want to watch Thor, Thor 2 and Avengers again and watch what hulk can do, then you might wanna go rewatch man of steel.

This is the wrong forum anyways. This goes in All versus, carver you should know that.
Syla and peter are both nuclear. And I watched all these films and I'll tell ya. Man of Steel was crappy and Super man was so underpowered easily defeated by nuke. I've seen all the thors too but still unsure about his power. But the way I see it Captain America hit Loki pretty good (didn't do much but still visibly effecting him) and then Loki can do about that same degree of damage to Thor. Seeing that makes me wonder if THor can survive a nuke. If you know tell me and I'll admit that THor will proceed to make Peter and Syla his bitches.

FrothByte
No Peter does not solo. Nothing he has hurts Thor. Peter gets a hammer up his ass. Man of Steel takes them into the space as he snaps their necks right off their lifeless bodies.

Your comparing some TV sub mutants to Thor and Superman, they lose.

This belongs in the All versus forum as Peter and Skylar are not form any movie.

Neither Superman nor Thor can do anything if time stops for them. Superman may have superspeed but this is MOS if I'm correct, and he's not faster than the speed of thought which is what either Sylar or Peter needs to stop time.

KingD19
Yeah, they can stop time. Set off nukes, high level electrocution, transmutation, a few powers that are iffy like causing things to melt or people to shatter, ice manipulation, and super speed. At their most powerful, it's the Heroes fight to lose.

Supra
Originally posted by FrothByte
Neither Superman nor Thor can do anything if time stops for them. Superman may have superspeed but this is MOS if I'm correct, and he's not faster than the speed of thought which is what either Sylar or Peter needs to stop time. Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, they can stop time. Set off nukes, high level electrocution, transmutation, a few powers that are iffy like causing things to melt or people to shatter, ice manipulation, and super speed. At their most powerful, it's the Heroes fight to lose.

Cut it out with the Time Stop, its getting old, if thats your only argument to the win its lame.

Other then time control, they lost hard.

NemeBro
and he's not faster than the speed of thought He's much faster than the speed of thought.

The average fully formed talk takes between .35-.5 seconds to form.

In that time someone going the speed of sound can move 191 meters.

Superman is hundreds of times the speed of sound.

That said I know dick all about Heroes so hey.

KingD19
Cut it out with the Time Stop, its getting old, if thats your only argument to the win its lame.

Other then time control, they lost hard.

So you believe Superman and Thor can shrug off full force Nukes that are powerful enough to destroy cities? And lol at cut it out. It's a valid tactic and one they use all the time plus is highly effective. That'd be like me saying, "Cut it out with Thor using Mjolnir. That's stupid."

And as fast as Superman is, he won't speedblitz from the beginning, and the time stop comes with teleportation as well.

Supra
So you believe Superman and Thor can shrug off full force Nukes that are powerful enough to destroy cities? And lol at cut it out. It's a valid tactic and one they use all the time plus is highly effective. That'd be like me saying, "Cut it out with Thor using Mjolnir. That's stupid."

And as fast as Superman is, he won't speedblitz from the beginning, and the time stop comes with teleportation as well.

How is their teleporting going to save them except them running away.

Man of Steel and Thor utterly wrecks them, have you lost your mind dude?

KingD19
How is their teleporting going to save them except them running away.

Man of Steel and Thor utterly wrecks them, have you lost your mind dude?

Teleporting around the battlefield means that even Superman won't be able to keep up with them if they're smart about it. As fast as he is, instantaneous is faster.

And like I said, Time Stop/Nuke. It's an easy combo that will work.

Supra
Teleporting around the battlefield means that even Superman won't be able to keep up with them if they're smart about it. As fast as he is, instantaneous is faster.

And like I said, Time Stop/Nuke. It's an easy combo that will work.

Your exaggerating that teleportation, its not a quick combat teleport and you know that. They never fought anyone like Thor or Superman, they fought weaker mutants, Hulk and Thor fought and Kal-El fought his superiors in numbers.

KingD19
Peter at his best has at least blur level speed and is possibly faster if he interacted with Zoe.(Who herself is so fast that people stand still in her perception)

And with Peter and Sylar it is quick combat teleportation. They do it easily and with much more skill than Hiro. However, it isn't necessary to be quick combat teleportation. They'd stop time as soon as the fight starts. That's pretty much all they did when they had that power. And with both Supes and THor frozen, they're free to experiment on what works and what doesn't.

If it wasn't these two, and if they didn't have the combo of powers they did, there's no way I'd go for them, but they're a bad matchup.

Supra
Peter at his best has at least blur level speed and is possibly faster if he interacted with Zoe.(Who herself is so fast that people stand still in her perception)

And with Peter and Sylar it is quick combat teleportation. They do it easily and with much more skill than Hiro. However, it isn't necessary to be quick combat teleportation. They'd stop time as soon as the fight starts. That's pretty much all they did when they had that power. And with both Supes and THor frozen, they're free to experiment on what works and what doesn't.

If it wasn't these two, and if they didn't have the combo of powers they did, there's no way I'd go for them, but they're a bad matchup.

Heimdel broke through freezing with little problems, Man of Steel and Thor would have zero problems with freezing. Lex Luthor tried to freeze Superman and he laughed at it.

KingD19
I don't mean with ice. I mean frozen in time. Something neither of them have defense against.

Supra
What a lame thread. But your eyes magnificence.

Hey guys these guys can freeze time a kill superman and thor!

Without time freeze they lose hard.

KingD19
I just said that. Without time freeze they lose. But they have it, and you can't change that, so stop whining about it and debate.

Do they have an answer to being frozen in time and nuked in the face? If so present one please.

Supra
I just said that. Without time freeze they lose. But they have it, and you can't change that, so stop whining about it and debate.

Do they have an answer to being frozen in time and nuked in the face? If so present one please.

Its a spite thread then and I had no clue they could freeze time until it was brought up. No they cant win if time is frozen. I'm done talking about this, its a pointless thread in the wrong forum.

KingD19
I didn't make the thread, but it would have been a spite thread either way. Either the aliens would be too strong, or the Heroes would have unfair powers.

And it's really the nukes that allow them to win. 2 nukes going off in your face at the same time will kill both of them.

And don't be childish. You've made spite threads before, everybody has.

Supra
I didn't make the thread, but it would have been a spite thread either way. Either the aliens would be too strong, or the Heroes would have unfair powers.

And it's really the nukes that allow them to win. 2 nukes going off in your face at the same time will kill both of them.

And don't be childish. You've made spite threads before, everybody has.

If I had known it was spite I would not have entertained the post or posted in it. And I don't know what spite threads I have made. I usual try my very best not too, and if it is I request it to be closed after posters tell me its spite.

KingD19
I'm just saying, it's spite regardless. Would you have done the same if they didn't have all their powers and Thor and Supes were normal? You didn't seem to be claiming spite when you didn't know about the time stop and nukes.

Supra
I'm just saying, it's spite regardless. Would you have done the same if they didn't have all their powers and Thor and Supes were normal? You didn't seem to be claiming spite when you didn't know about the time stop and nukes.

Im over it.

marwash22
Peter and Sylar can copy Kal's abilities.

they're both teleporting Precog's too.

Supra
Originally posted by marwash22
Peter and Sylar can copy Kal's abilities.

Nope, Kal El is not a mutant. He is an Alien.

KingD19
They aren't mutants. They're people with powers. And there's nothing that says they can't copy Supe and Thor's power. I'd forgotten all about that.

Considering they showed no limits before.

marwash22
I could argue it, but I don't feel like it, so whatever.

stop time > hands through brain via phasing.

gg.

Supra
They aren't mutants. They're people with powers. And there's nothing that says they can't copy Supe and Thor's power. I'd forgotten all about that.

Considering they showed no limits before.

What powers are they going to copy from Thor, they are not worthy.

marwash22
doesn't matter.

Supes and Thor are gonna get hands through their dome pieces.

KingD19
I could argue it, but I don't feel like it, so whatever.

stop time > hands through brain via phasing.

gg.

Good strategy. Also, your sig has been creeping me out forever. Just wanted to throw that out.

What powers are they going to copy from Thor, they are not worthy.

Strength enough to go h2h with Hulk? Durability?

THey could similarly copy Clark's powers.

And their worth has nothing to do with copying powers, only wielding Mjolnir.

Supra
doesn't matter.

Supes and Thor are gonna get hands through their dome pieces.

Yall think they can absorb their powers now, you guys brought it up right? How do they absorb Thors powers since they come from the Hammer and Armor only...

Supra
Good strategy. Also, your sig has been creeping me out forever. Just wanted to throw that out.

Strength enough to go h2h with Hulk? Durability?

THey could similarly copy Clark's powers.

And their worth has nothing to do with copying powers, only wielding Mjolnir.

Nope Clarks powers come from the Sun. They cannot absorb his powers.

marwash22
Heimdel broke through freezing with little problems, Man of Steel and Thor would have zero problems with freezing. Lex Luthor tried to freeze Superman and he laughed at it. 4K0LB9hCa_Q

peep 2:25

marwash22
Nope Clarks powers come from the Sun. They cannot absorb his powers. lolwut.

Clark's powers come from his genetics/physiology.

KingD19
Don't be a Quan, dude. His powers are fueled by the sun, but they are because he's Kryptonian.

KingD19
Yall think they can absorb their powers now, you guys brought it up right? How do they absorb Thors powers since they come from the Hammer and Armor only...

His powers don't come from Mjolnir. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fight Hulk without it. All Mjolnir does is let him fly and generate lightning.

Supra
His powers come from the Sun Marwash. You really want to debate that?

Silent Master

Movie Thor's powers do not come from Mjolnir.

Supra
His powers don't come from Mjolnir. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fight Hulk without it. All Mjolnir does is let him fly and generate lightning.

His powers come from being worthy. Hence he lost them and Mjolnir when he was un worthy.

Have you not seen the movies now?

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
Movie Thor's powers do not come from Mjolnir.

They come from being worthy including weilding Mjolnir

Supra
lolwut.

Clark's powers come from his genetics/physiology.

This goes down as the worlds stupidest post, hey guys Kal-El's powers now do not come from the sun.

marwash22
facepalm

Superman's powers come from his body being a solar battery. Peter and Sylar can copy the part of Superman's dna that allows his body to absorb and convert solar energy.

genetics is what the entire premise of the show is based on.

Supra
facepalm

Superman's powers come from his body being a solar battery. Peter and Sylar can copy the part of Superman's dna that allows his body to absorb and convert solar energy.

His powers come from the sun, Lets make a new thread on the right topic then and see who agrees with your claim

marwash22
lol. if you wanna embarrass yourself, go right ahead.

it would be less painful for you to simply open up a wiki page in a new tab tho.

how can someone who clearly likes a character so much not know the first thing about how his abilities work?

Silent Master
They come from being worthy including weilding Mjolnir

No they don't, or did you forget that Thor had those powers before Odin placed the enchantment on Mjolnir? Being worthy only allowed him to regain his natural abilities.

Supra
No they don't, or did you forget that Thor had those powers before Odin placed the enchantment on Mjolnir? Being worthy only allowed him to regain his natural abilities.

Quit confusing comic book feats vs movie feats. He lost his power and regained them by being worthy.

KingD19
Odin being the most powerful Asgardian in existence stripped Thor of everything. He even said so when he did it. He wanted him to see how hard life was. Thor had his powers before when he was born.

And like Marwash says, Clark's powers are genetic. Kryptonians naturally become god-like when exposed to yellow sun radiation. And are normal in red sun radiation. It's not the sun that gives him his powers, the sun is just an energy source. A wall charger doesn't make a phone work. It just charges it so it can work.

marwash22
soooooooooooooooo, Supra, you agree that Peter and Sylar win this fight, correct?

marwash22
A wall charger doesn't make a phone work. It just charges it so it can work. lol, great analogy.

KingD19
Hahaha. I literally just looked over at my phone.

Silent Master
Quit confusing comic book feats vs movie feats. He lost his power and regained them by being worthy.

Key words, his powers

Epicurus
He was talking about movie Odin, you silly goose. Did you not even watch Thor?

Silent Master

The powers were Thor's, Odin just removed them via magic and then placed an enchantment on Mjolnir so that Thor could get them back if he changed.

You keep forgetting that Thor had the powers long before Odin placed that enchantment.

Blair Wind
Nope Clarks powers come from the Sun. They cannot absorb his powers.

This goes down as the worlds stupidest post

thumb up

Placidity
Sylar not needed. Peter's relevant powers:

1. Time Travel / Time Stop
2. Teleportation
3. Flight
4. Super Speed
5. Phasing as evasive and offensive weapon
6. Kamikaze Nuke
7. Power Mimicry
8. Telepathy

Peter cannot lose.

marwash22
yeah, Peter could just make Supes and Thor fight each other.

Peter and Sylar have a bunch of ways to win.

marwash22
Here's a fun one...

stop time > turn Thor and Supes into Gold > Disintegrates life-sized golden Thor and Superman statues.

KingD19
It's not even Kamikaze at this point. They can consciously blow up and not be hurt. And Costa Verde shows how big of an explosion they can make. 200,000 people dead.

marwash22
i forget, did Peter ever acquire Haitians negation power?

KingD19
He was exposed to them, but never showed them off. But this version should be able to use them.

Placidity
i forget, did Peter ever acquire Haitians negation power?

I don't think that would be possible (logically speaking). Because his own mimicry power would be blocked when in proximity. But maybe the Haitian's power needs to be exerted to be active? If so, Peter could just walk near by while he is asleep/unconscious.

Now did Peter ever get the puppet master's powers? That would be another power that could solo by itself.

You know that show was pretty decent.

KingD19
Haitian has to activate his powers for them to work.

And he can do more than just negate powers. He can erase memories and make people fall unconscious.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but the sun's here, so the Haitian would be useless.

marwash22
Originally posted by Placidity

Now did Peter ever get the puppet master's powers? That would be another power that could solo by itself.

puppet master's powers were awesome, but iirc, they could be overpowered. I don't think he was able to hold Sylar for very long.

now that i think about it, Haitian had trouble holding Arthur due to the vast assortment of powers he had. Though, i suppose if you applied it to Superman, you'd only be suppressing one ability. hard to say.

marwash22
Originally posted by Placidity

You know that show was pretty decent. yah, even when it got bad, it was still pretty good; it was the closest thing to a live action X-Men series we've had since "Mutant X", which wasn't bad either.

FrothByte
His powers come from being worthy. Hence he lost them and Mjolnir when he was un worthy.

Have you not seen the movies now?

He lost his powers because Odin removed them. Thor doesn't have some sort of enchantment that makes him lose his powers everytime he's not worthy. lol. Odin took away his powers, and gave him a test of being worthy before he could get it back. It was a one-time deal.

abhilegend
WTF is going on in this thread?

-Pr-
http://i.imgur.com/9JO91ta.gif

carver9
laughing out loud

maxivitopowe
so im guessing movie supes and thor aren't equal to comic sentry?

DarkSaint85
Now THAT came out of nowhere...

carver9
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
so im guessing movie supes and thor aren't equal to comic sentry?

no expression

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Now THAT came out of nowhere... Originally posted by carver9
no expression
Sylar & Peter vs Sentry

carver9
Comic book characters versus movie characters is always bad. Especially Herald level characters. When you have comic low Heralds like Terrax surviving in black holes while weakened and destroying planets, that alone should tell you how bad of an idea it is. When you have low Heralds like Binary destroying suns, that again should tell you it's a bad idea. Don't make threads like that because when it comes to high showings, movies always lose.

DarkSaint85
Great attempt at promoting your thread.

I'm not gonna bite.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Comic book characters versus movie characters is always bad. Especially Herald level characters. When you have comic low Heralds like Terrax surviving in black holes while weakened and destroying planets, that alone should tell you how bad of an idea it is. When you have low Heralds like Binary destroying suns, that again should tell you it's a bad idea. Don't make threads like that because when it comes to high showings, movies always lose.

In addition, Sylar/Peter are limited to their Season 1 iterations.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In addition, Sylar/Peter are limited to their Season 1 iterations.

Not just season 1 but the entire seasons.

Utrigita
Sylar and Peter ftw.

I'm however interested in which Superman we are using.

carver9
Latest movie Superman.

Utrigita
Cool, thanks Carver. I stand by my previous statement then.

Impediment
facepalm

genetics is what the entire premise of the show is based on.

^This.

Dramatic Gecko
So you're telling me... Pete will become as strong as Superman when they meet? PETER SWEEPS!!!

Lestov16
Peter can stop time and turn them into icicles, or have Sylar turn them into gold. If that doesn't work, Peter and Sylar can go double-nuclear as a last resort. This is considering of course that they can tag Superman/Thor before they speedblitz.

marwash22
neither Thor or Superman are faster than thought.

this thread is dead.

NemeBro
neither Thor or Superman are faster than thought.

this thread is dead. You don't even know how fast thought is.

Superman is definitely faster than thought. Thor may or may not be, considering how fast his hammer flew in the second movie.

marwash22
i know it's faster than Kal or Thor moved in their respective movies.

so yeah, unless they start the fight arms length from each other, the gap is not being closed before Sylar and/or Peter and stop time.

the thread is dead, Neme, and it has a dnr. ahah

Lestov16
Just a nit pick, but Sylar never had chronokinesis

NemeBro
i know it's faster than Kal or Thor moved in their respective movies.

so yeah, unless they start the fight arms length from each other, the gap is not being closed before Sylar and/or Peter and stop time.

the thread is dead, Neme, and it has a dnr. ahah Superman could clear over 100 meters in the time it took a man to form a thought assuming he were only the speed of sound.

In reality, he's about, oh hundreds of times faster.

marwash22
thoughts are ftl, even if you factor in the time it takes to act on those thoughts and reduce it to 1/100 the speed of light, Sylar and Peter can stop time much faster than it takes Superman (who can break the sound barrier) to reach them from across the battlefield. Originally posted by Lestov16
Just a nit pick, but Sylar never had chronokinesis Peter does, and Sylar can copy it from Peter.

also, it only takes one of them to stop time, so it doesn't matter if Sylar has it.

Lestov16
Like I said, it was just a nitpick.

NemeBro
thoughts are ftl No they aren't. Why would you even say something so brain-dead stupid?

NemeBro
https://www.science.smith.edu/departments/NeuroSci/courses/bio330/pdf/94CurrBiolTovee.pdf

This is the fastest I've ever seen the speed of thought clocked. Let's used the low end: Twenty milliseconds.

In that time, something going the speed of sound could go a little under seven meters.

Multiply that by a hundred and you still wouldn't have Superman's speed. thumb up

NemeBro
thoughts are ftl Seriously though, do you actually believe this?

That's physically impossible.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
https://www.science.smith.edu/departments/NeuroSci/courses/bio330/pdf/94CurrBiolTovee.pdf

This is the fastest I've ever seen the speed of thought clocked. Let's used the low end: Twenty milliseconds.

In that time, something going the speed of sound could go a little under seven meters.

Multiply that by a hundred and you still wouldn't have Superman's speed. thumb up

But can Supes move that fast at the drop of a hat?

NemeBro
His full speed?

Probably not.

Fast enough to clear a distance of ten feet (IIRC the standard starting distance) before they think?

Yes.

Keep in mind that I'm not even saying Superman wins. I know very little about Heroes. I am just debating this specific point because I'm bored. thumb up

Nephthys
Well if you did know anything about Heroes you probably would have pointed out by now that none of the characters actually stop time, they just slow it down dramatically. When Hiro runs into someone with superspeed, she can run around at normal pace because of this despite everyone else being statues.

KingD19
Daphne herself was so fast that people stood still when she moved and she's crossed the world in moments, and when she got her powers boosted, she ran faster than the speed of light and ran through time. She was also temporarily frozen, but she was already in motion and Hiro couldn't fully stop time then. If she's not in motion, she's stuck like everyone else.

Peter however can stop time.

FrothByte
Superman needs to first THINK of an action before doing it. So regardless of how fast he is, he still needs to think first before acting. Peter can stop time as soon as he thinks it. It's instantaneous.

carver9
His full speed?

Probably not.

Fast enough to clear a distance of ten feet (IIRC the standard starting distance) before they think?

Yes.

Keep in mind that I'm not even saying Superman wins. I know very little about Heroes. I am just debating this specific point because I'm bored. thumb up

The distance isn't 10 ft...much further than that.

KingD19
There's also the fact that as fast as MoS is, his flight seems to take a while to start. Most of the time he took off, it was at least a few seconds before he was moving. Even when he was fighting Zod.

carver9
Also, they can survive a punch from Superman. Also, whats the fastest combat speed Superman shown on panel. Not them flying around, combat speed.

BlackZero30x
Superman would speed blitz and win. Peter and Sylar would be able to take it if it wasn't for that. I hope nobody forgot about the power peter got from that kid when Hiro got brain cancer. He could give or take life.

KingD19
It's not in MoS character to speedblitz though. He barely learned how to fly in the movie, and the only person really blitzing was Faora.

Silent Master
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Superman would speed blitz and win. Peter and Sylar would be able to take it if it wasn't for that. I hope nobody forgot about the power peter got from that kid when Hiro got brain cancer. He could give or take life.

Who did MOS speed blitz?

Lestov16
Superman would speed blitz and win.

This is arguable. Not saying it's impossible, but more proof is needed.

Peter and Sylar would be able to take it if it wasn't for that. I hope nobody forgot about the power peter got from that kid when Hiro got brain cancer. He could give or take life.

What? What episode was that? I saw all 5 seasons when they aired on TV and I don't recall that episode.

Nephthys
Daphne herself was so fast that people stood still when she moved and she's crossed the world in moments, and when she got her powers boosted, she ran faster than the speed of light and ran through time. She was also temporarily frozen, but she was already in motion and Hiro couldn't fully stop time then. If she's not in motion, she's stuck like everyone else.

Peter however can stop time.

When the **** did all that happen? Was that Ando boosting her?

Either way, without a boost shes not as fast as Superman.

KingD19
Originally posted by Nephthys

Either way, without a boost shes not as fast as Superman.

Running through time she was boosted by Ando yeah. But she's moved fast enough on her own that people are pretty much frozen in place while she's doing her thing. She's even stated that seconds/minutes are like hours to her.

And while Supes is fast in flight, it takes time to build up that speed. He doesn't just instantly break the sound barrier. And he certainly doesn't fight that fast.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Nephthys

Yes. IIRC, Hiro was depowered and Ando, Daphne, and Matt used Ando's power boost to time travel.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Lestov16
This is arguable. Not saying it's impossible, but more proof is needed.

What? What episode was that? I saw all 5 seasons when they aired on TV and I don't recall that episode.

all 5?! Im unaware of a 5th season.

It was in season 4 episode 4 im pretty sure. Hiro is in the hospital for a brain tumor So peter and Mr. Bennet goes to find the kid that can grant life but it turns out that he can also take it. He Killed his parents and pets.

Lestov16
I confuse the seasons and the "chapters". My apologies

I must have missed that episode. Just another power Peter has at his advantage. I am still torn about whether a speedblitz will work.

BlackZero30x
It's not in MoS character to speedblitz though. He barely learned how to fly in the movie, and the only person really blitzing was Faora.

I remember his final fight with ZOD was pretty fast but you raise a good point.

BlackZero30x
I confuse the seasons and the "chapters". My apologies

I must have missed that episode. Just another power Peter has at his advantage. I am still torn about whether a speedblitz will work.

lol its ok. I was just confused. Thought maybe I missed a season.

If Peter could freeze time then no I doubt it would. As mentioned above when Hiro froze time Daphene was still able to move because of her super speed but it just seemed like she was moving normal. If he got the time freeze off that is and as multiple people have reminded me MOS doesn't start a fight like that.

Lestov16
The fact that Foara was speedblitzing is (arguably) proof that a fellow Kryptonian like Supes can do it too.

*And please, no comments about "in character". That's a silly stipulation which only gimps a character.

carver9
all 5?! Im unaware of a 5th season.

It was in season 4 episode 4 im pretty sure. Hiro is in the hospital for a brain tumor So peter and Mr. Bennet goes to find the kid that can grant life but it turns out that he can also take it. He Killed his parents and pets.

I hate that episode...pretty sad. The kid end up getting killed because people feared him. They tied him to a truck and drove around with him.

carver9
lol its ok. I was just confused. Thought maybe I missed a season.

If Peter could freeze time then no I doubt it would. As mentioned above when Hiro froze time Daphene was still able to move because of her super speed but it just seemed like she was moving normal. If he got the time freeze off first that is but as Mutiple people have reminded me MOS doesn't start a fight like that.

Lol...Superman doesn't move close to her speed though. She was running across continents in no time. There is a different between combat speed and flight speed. At one point, didn't she run through time (with a lil help from hero).

Lestov16
Isn't that the episode where Sullivan sinks an entire police precinct in revenge for the lynching?

carver9
Isn't that the episode where Sullivan sinks an entire police precinct in revenge for the lynching?

Yeah, not the police station, he sunk the city.

Mindset
Peter/Sylar win.

BlackZero30x
Lol...Superman doesn't move close to her speed though. She was running across continents in no time. There is a different between combat speed and flight speed. At one point, didn't she run through time (with a lil help from hero).

Yeah that EP was sad.

Assuming Sups could move that fast, they would both be moving at "normal" speed and superman no longer has any advantage at all.

EDIT: @Lestov: Yeah Im pretty sure that happens right at the end of the episode.

Lestov16
Yeah, not the police station, he sunk the city.

@Lestov: Yeah Im pretty sure that happens right at the end of the episode.

Thanks. I remember now. I only saw IIRC the last 10 minutes of that episode. That's why I was unaware of the details.

Lestov16
Back to the debate, as I stated before, if Faora can speedblitz, Superman should be able to as well. The outcome depends on if Peter can stop time before Supes can reach him, and an argument can be made for either side. Like I said, I am torn here.

KingD19
Keep in mind that Faora is a highly trained soldier, and she and Zod and Na-Mek developed their powers much faster and more efficiently than Clark. She blitzed him and had him on the ropes.

Also, when she blitzed those soldiers, they had time to react, just there was nothing they could do.

But Peter can easily stop time without even much effort.

NemeBro
Superman needs to first THINK of an action before doing it. So regardless of how fast he is, he still needs to think first before acting. Peter can stop time as soon as he thinks it. It's instantaneous. You are aware that Superman's several hundred mach speed also comes with superhuman speed of thought and perception, right?

NemeBro
Who did MOS speed blitz? Zod.

Well that sure was hard.

NemeBro
Lol...Superman doesn't move close to her speed though. She was running across continents in no time. There is a different between combat speed and flight speed. At one point, didn't she run through time (with a lil help from hero). You mean like how Superman did the first time he began flying?

He circled near halfway across the globe in a few seconds.

carver9
You mean like how Superman did the first time he began flying?

He circled near halfway across the globe in a few seconds.

What part are you talking about and that's flight speed.

Supra
This is the stupidest thread in existence.

Time Stop wins, Superman gets his power from the Sun. And thats life.

NemeBro
What part are you talking about

The part where Superman flies thousands of miles in a few seconds.

And running speed isn't travel speed hurrrrr

Not that it matters simpleton.

carver9
The part where Superman flies thousands of miles in a few seconds.

And running speed isn't travel speed hurrrrr

Not that it matters simpleton.

And what part is that?

Running speed is a movement of limbs...flight is flight.

FrothByte
You are aware that Superman's several hundred mach speed also comes with superhuman speed of thought and perception, right?

Uhuh, sure dude. Give me proof of him having super fast thought process and I'll believe it. Until then, there's still a pause between him thinking and actually moving. His super speed is not instantaneous, unlike Peter's time stop.

Silent Master
The term speed bltiz is generally used to describe someone throwing attacks ie punches/kicks at above human level speed...I don't recall MOS Superman ever doing so.

NemeBro
Uhuh, sure dude. Give me proof of him having super fast thought process and I'll believe it. Until then, there's still a pause between him thinking and actually moving. His super speed is not instantaneous, unlike Peter's time stop. He can move and turn and perceive the world around him while moving hundreds of times faster than sound.

Wow that sure was hard.

NemeBro
The term speed bltiz is generally used to describe someone throwing attacks ie punches/kicks at above human level speed...I don't recall MOS Superman ever doing so. Like spearing Zod, pinning him to the ground, and beating the shit out of him at superspeed. This obviously never happened. Lol.

NemeBro
And what part is that?

Running speed is a movement of limbs...flight is flight. Not doing your work for you Carver. thumb down

Dramatic Gecko
Like spearing Zod, pinning him to the ground, and beating the shit out of him at superspeed. This obviously never happened. Lol.

If you watch MOS and 'think' whilst watching you'll notice that their not very fast nor very strong as they are hindered by large missiles and struggle to hold up oil rigs.

Reeve Superman however would own this fight as he can move so fast he can turn back time.

FrothByte
He can move and turn and perceive the world around him while moving hundreds of times faster than sound.

Wow that sure was hard.

Show me Superman zig zagging through the streets at high speed and I'll believe you. From what I've seen he was either flying through clear skies or smashing through buildings or running/flying/leaping in straight lines.

NemeBro
If you watch MOS and 'think' whilst watching you'll notice that their not very fast nor very strong as they are hindered by large missiles and struggle to hold up oil rigs.

Reeve Superman however would own this fight as he can move so fast he can turn back time. Faora was KO'd by a missile because her mask was destroyed.

The oil rig example is more valid, but it occurred before Superman came into his full might.

Supra
The term speed bltiz is generally used to describe someone throwing attacks ie punches/kicks at above human level speed...I don't recall MOS Superman ever doing so.

Then you need to re watch the movie cause your wrong.

Silent Master
By all means, post the youtube clips where MOS Superman is throwing superspeed punches/kicks.

Dramatic Gecko
Faora was KO'd by a missile because her mask was destroyed.

The oil rig example is more valid, but it occurred before Superman came into his full might.
Ok I'll pay that. But I didn't see anything to make me believe that Superman could conquer peter before he stops time... or Syla (whose will power was strong enough to break the puppet man's hold) uses telekinetic powers. Mos superman seemed only to break the sound barrier. Making him one of the slowest superman's I've seen.

NemeBro
Show me Superman zig zagging through the streets at high speed and I'll believe you. From what I've seen he was either flying through clear skies or smashing through buildings or running/flying/leaping in straight lines.

7pnlP-VHvps

We see it all throughout this video, particularly around 20 seconds in or so.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>