Do you like going to the movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Do people you encounter at the movies in the crowd usually excessively loud, kick your seat and on their phones, or are they the polite and courtesy movie goers we all hope to sit next too.

Speaking of the new 3D experience, the glasses usually are dirty and gross and everyone and their mom has worn them. No movie theaters are charging a $4.00 premium for 3D glasses to watch the movie with their special "glasses." Two tickets today cost me $28.

The American Movie experience has been dirtied and downgraded imo with media, cellphones and noisy people and we are paying more then ever to go to them now.

Concerned.

jaden101
Ways and means to avoid all the crap.

1. Go to see a film late in its run when it'll be almost empty so you don't get annoyed by other people rustling food wrappers etc.

2. Take your own glasses.

3. Sit in the front section so you don't have many people in front of you whipping out mobile phones every 5 minutes.

4. Threaten people with extreme violence if they continue to annoy you (I did this during American Hustle the other week when someone right behind me was rustling their food for about 2 minutes non stop)

Supra
Originally posted by jaden101
Ways and means to avoid all the crap.

1. Go to see a film late in its run when it'll be almost empty so you don't get annoyed by other people rustling food wrappers etc.

2. Take your own glasses. Murder rises in me.

3. Sit in the front section so you don't have many people in front of you whipping out mobile phones every 5 minutes.

4. Threaten people with extreme violence if they continue to annoy you (I did this during American Hustle the other week when someone right behind me was rustling their food for about 2 minutes non stop)

The rustling of food wrappers makes my blood boil.

jaden101
I just don't understand people's need to stuff their faces at the cinema. Especially stuff that stinks the whole ****ing place out like hotdogs and nachos. Drinks I can forgive but food? It's a couple of hours. You won't starve to death you fat ****ing *****.

Supra
I just don't understand people's need to stuff their faces at the cinema. Especially stuff that stinks the whole ****ing place out like hotdogs and nachos. Drinks I can forgive but food? It's a couple of hours. You won't starve to death you fat ****ing *****.

Its America...go figure they want us getting fat at all times..

bluewaterrider
Drinks I can forgive but food? It's a couple of hours. You won't starve ... !

erm

Just trying to reconcile this post with your long-standing choice of screen avatar ...

Supra
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
erm

Just trying to reconcile this post with your long-standing choice of screen avatar ...

Damn your good laughing

Lord Lucien
erm

Just trying to reconcile this post with your long-standing choice of screen avatar ... It's the irony. He feeds off it.

Bardock42
I bring 2D Glasses, cause **** 3D

Mindship
Originally posted by Supra
Do people you encounter at the movies in the crowd usually excessively loud, kick your seat and on their phones, or are they the polite and courtesy movie goers we all hope to sit next too.

Speaking of the new 3D experience, the glasses usually are dirty and gross and everyone and their mom has worn them. No movie theaters are charging a $4.00 premium for 3D glasses to watch the movie with their special "glasses." Two tickets today cost me $28.

The American Movie experience has been dirtied and downgraded imo with media, cellphones and noisy people and we are paying more then ever to go to them now.

Concerned. 1. I wait til a movie's been out for at least a week, typically two weeks.

2. If possible, I go during the week to the matinee.

3. I'll often buy 3D cuz many people won't pay the extra bucks.

4. I sit way off to the side. Sure, the screen looks angled at first, but by the time you get through all the commercials and trailers, you don't notice it anymore.

Results: during the summer especially, I'm often the only one in the theater, or pretty close to it. Rarely will I have anyone sitting anywhere near me.

Now that I've shared my secrets for a successful movie experience, I will have to subject all of you to slow, insidious deaths. Nothing personal, just business.

jaden101
erm

He's big boned. Honest guv.

Clovie
who are you?

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Mindship
1. I wait til a movie's been out for at least a week, typically two weeks.

2. If possible, I go during the week to the matinee.

The ironic thing is even when I attempt this, I somehow still wind up having annoying experiences.

The two things that get me, is people go to the movies to text during the whole time. Seeing the bright light of there phones shinning in the dark thearte is annoying. These dregs of society as well like to call besides texting so we can hear their conversation during half of the movie.

The huge frustration come's, when folks think it's perfectly okay to bring infants to the movies. It's safe to say the infants usually wind up crying for most of the show. miffed

Shakyamunison
Go to the theater in cameo and a red wig. No one will mess with you.

Stealth Moose
I prefer also to go during the week matinee, because I can't stand large crowds of people, all noisily chewing, coughing inappropriately and playing with their electronic pacifiers/phones. Those few times where I've gone to see movies on the weekend, it invariably had a bunch of young kids, all sitting in the back row, talking, stomping, throwing food and being morons. Livid doesn't cover it.

Interestingly, one time a sports team of some sort came to see Lone Survivor. At first I dreaded it, because they were loud and talkative before the previews and there must have been 20+, all flanking me and before me. But then, when the movie started, they were entirely quiet, polite, and I barely noticed them. They were respectable adults after all, and my more usual dealings with large groups of people in theaters was all wrong.

Also, side rant: during every live performance orchestra or recording of such, there's some moron hacking his guts up. WHAT IS THIS? Is it some innate desire to get recorded for all time? The requirement to bring at least five smokers to the performance? Or do cellos give off sawdust?

/rant

Impediment
I loathe going to the cinema because of, well, other people.

Talkers, children, babies, and just flat out inconsiderate people.

I also prefer to not pay ludicrous amounts of money for not just entry, but for food, too.

I prefer to just wait for home media release so I can watch it in the comfort of my own home, and so I can pause the film in case I need to go to the bathroom.

Stealth Moose
Or fap furiously without spending the night in a holding cell.

NemeBro
I go to the movies to get blowjobs in public.

Stealth Moose
This explains why you went to see Frozen.

Nephthys
English people are extremely polite and conscientious so the movies aren't loud or noisy whenever I go there.

Dramatic Gecko
In Australia they have a moat around the audience and if anyone speaks or a phone goes off the usher's sick the crocodiles on you. Nah but I've never had a problem with cinema in Darwin. I have no suggestions.

ArtificialGlory
9BDi3rkBV7s

COG Veteran
I go maybe three to five times a year but there's always that one person in the audience that pisses me off. It never fails.

BackFire
I go maybe 15 times a year. Most movies are shit and not worth paying so much to see.

immaturerainbow
I do when the movie has been playing for a while. I can't stand the sound of coughing, and food being chewed.

Wonder Man
I like to.

ladygrim
I used to enjoy going at lot a few years back, i went nearly every weekend even if there wasnt anything great to watch but these days you need a weeks wage to afford to go so i dont tend to bother.

Shakyamunison
I try to determine if the movie is worth watching in the theater or not. Most of the time I just wait until the DVD is released and watch is on my humungous TV.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by ladygrim
I used to enjoy going at lot a few years back, i went nearly every weekend even if there wasnt anything great to watch but these days you need a weeks wage to afford to go so i dont tend to bother.

laughing I know here in NY, the beverages and snacks together cost more than the tickets laughing

Supra
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I like to.

Wondrous

jinXed by JaNx
I love going to the theaters. It's a fun thrill ride. I think it's one of the best ways to pass time. I'm not so much into 3d unless im going to a movie that was shot on imax 3d film. Otherwise I stick to the simple 2-d lol. It's really not that expensive.

Wonder Man
Well with Marvel it's fun because you get to see new actors develop.

preciouspoch
I get to watch tons of movies only when they come out in DVD or in the Cable. I seldom watch in theaters and if I do, I go there when it's shown 7 days after to avoid the people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.