Where Thor and Superman Powers come from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Where does Thor get his powers from?

Where does Superman get his power from?

Originally posted by Supra
Nope Clarks powers come from the Sun. They cannot absorb his powers.

Originally posted by marwash22
lolwut.

Clark's powers come from his genetics/physiology.

marwash22
this guy. laughing out loud

Supra
His powers come from the yellow sun Marwash, quit pulling a Quan.

marwash22
first off, I'm glad "Quan" is catching on as a verb.

secondly, you're wrong, and you're a giant poop-head.

Silent Master
Thor was born with his abilities.

Lord Lucien
this guy. laughing out loud This post about sums it up.

KingD19
OMFG you really went through with it?

I'm gonna answer though even though you'll try to deny the truth or debate it.

Thor is an Asgardian. All of them are born with powers like super strength/durability, etc... Look at Thor, Hogun, Volstagg, Lady Sif, Odin, Heimdall, Fandrall, etc... Thor's "Powers" are strength, speed/reflexes and durability in the movie. To a higher degree than most if not all Asgardian's shown aside from possibly Odin(maybe with amping) and Heimdall probably being able to put up a fight. But that's about all he's shown. Strong enough and durable enough to fight Hulk. Durable enough to take a beating from Kurse.

Clark is Superman. But his powers come from being a Kryptonian. Their genetics allow them to absorb yellow solar radiation and use natural bodily functions normally dormant when exposed to the red sun of Krypton.

Supra
Nope his powers come from the sun. Without it he has no powers.

KingD19
Wow...are you serious? You're serious aren't you?

His powers are in his genetics. From being a Kryptonian.

He can only access them when powered by yellow sun radiation, but that doesn't mean the sun gives him his powers. The sun charges his abilities and allows him to use them, but he doesn't just stop being Kryptonian when not powered by a yellow sun. His powers are because he's Kryptonian.

Supra
Originally posted by KingD19
Wow...are you serious? You're serious aren't you?

His powers are in his genetics. From being a Kryptonian.

He can only access them when powered by yellow sun radiation, but that doesn't mean the sun gives him his powers. The sun charges his abilities and allows him to use them, but he doesn't just stop being Kryptonian when not powered by a yellow sun. His powers are because he's Kryptonian.

Does he have his powers without the sun?

KingD19
Yes. He just can't use them without the proper energy. Like I said earlier, a phone is still a phone without power. Don't be inept.

0mega Spawn
?

KingD19
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
?

He's saying without the sun, Superman doesn't have his powers. Not that he can't use them.

Supra
His powers come from the sun end of story.

KingD19
Lol. That's not right...like at all. The yellow sun let's him use his powers.

Being a Kryptonian means he has powers that can only be used in yellow sunlight. However, being under a red sun doesn't mean he doesn't have powers. They just aren't sufficiently charged.

I can't make it more simple than that.

Silent Master
No, his powers come from his body's ability to utilize sloar energy.

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor was born with his abilities.

So how did he lose them if he was born with them and Odin clearly states who so ever holds this hammer will have the power of Thor?

Kazenji
Are you on currently on any narcotics Supra?

feels like you are at times.

marwash22
the times he makes sense is when he's on the narcotics.

This, this shit right here that we're witnessing, this is when he's off the drugs.

Silent Master
So how did he lose them if he was born with them and Odin clearly states who so ever holds this hammer will have the power of Thor?

Odin took his powers away, he then enchanted Mjolnir as a means for Thor to regain his abilities if he were to learn his lesson and change.

This was also shown and stated in his movie...you might want to watch it again.

KingD19

Odin is the motherf*cking All-Father. THe highest and most powerful of all Asgardians who toys with stars. Mjolnir was forged from a dying star and Odin seems to have at least oversaw it's construction if not directly involved in some way.

He took Thor's powers. And when he was deemed worthy by self sacrifice, he got his powers and his hammer back. It was a test from Odin.

marwash22
nah, you're wrong. Thor's powers come from mjolnir.

KingD, do you even Norse mythology, bro?

KingD19
Fenris que?

DarkSaint85
Right, I was going to post a sarcastic post about Superman, but I see its beyond that now...

He gets charged by the sun. His abilities come from his DNA. The sun is nothing more than a power source. Supra, I think the confusion here is that you're mixing the word abilities and powers up.

Its like me getting my supreme powers of logic and intelligence from the high nutritional food that I eat.....but my brain doesn't stop being my brain just because I suddenly start eating crisps 24/7.

KingD19
Oh great...now I want crisps. What are crisps? Are you English?

DarkSaint85
I speak English, if it helps......

Yeah, I'm from England. Everyone else is asleep now, apart from msxivitopowe and you I think....

Epicurus
Both of them get their powers from their alien biology/physiology.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Kazenji
Are you on currently on any narcotics Supra?

feels like you are at times.
Calling Supra a dope-fiend is insulting for even actual dope-fiends, lol.

Epicurus
the times he makes sense is when he's on the narcotics.

This, this shit right here that we're witnessing, this is when he's off the drugs.
He admitted that there are periods wherein he transforms into deranged simian:
I have no problem being a raging monkey when I want to be.

Placidity
No the Sun gives powers, that is why all humans have powers. Oh wait.

Darkstorm Zero
Why do people argue over the most inane f*8king things imaginable? Seriously, the breakdown is this, both sides agree, Superman has powers, Both sides agree that this requires Solar Energy (read: the Sun). However, only one side is under the impression that Superman would go dead as a doornail without the Sun.

Superman can fight at night, and furthermore, unlike Nuclear Man, Superman does not suddenly become a vegetable without direct sunlight....

Silent Master
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Why do people argue over the most inane f*8king things imaginable? Seriously, the breakdown is this, both sides agree, Superman has powers, Both sides agree that this requires Solar Energy (read: the Sun). However, only one side is under the impression that Superman would go dead as a doornail without the Sun.

Superman can fight at night, and furthermore, unlike Nuclear Man, Superman does not suddenly become a vegetable without direct sunlight....

Because Supra is upset that he was losing the Peter/Sylar debate and thus stated making excuses as to why their powers wouldn't work on Superman or Thor.

Those excuses are the reason this thread was made.

Impediment
This is idiocy and it's not a versus match.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.