Lightning Vs Surge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SUR_zpsa4e2dc9d.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LG_zps46425b22.jpg

Golgo13
Any X-Fans here?

StyleTime
I am, and I know about Surge. It's Lighting I am in the dark about. I never finished Justice Society, which is where most of her appearances were.

Golgo13
How powerful was she?

BlackWind
Originally posted by StyleTime
I am, and I know about Surge. It's Lighting I am in the dark about. I never finished Justice Society, which is where most of her appearances were.

Could you clue me in on Surge as well?

StyleTime
She passively absorbs electricity and project that energy from her body. She can also use the energy to power her super speed. Her exact speed levels are unknown, since I don't recall any hard numbers ever given to her. She generally did the "blurry lines/after image/multiple places at once on the page" type of superspeed. Her gauntlets, which help her control her powers, can be removed for a power amp, although she can't control it as well. She's a fairly good leader for her tier. Also, she likes black guys.

If you want something more concrete, she ran from New York to Colorado in what we can assume was an afternoon(She passed out afterwards). And overloaded Nimrod once.

Hard to nail down an exact power level, as Noriko wasn't exactly a feat monster. To make matters worse, she's been relegated to supporting character status ever since her run with the New X-Men ended. It's sad considering that was probably the best "Child X-Men" series ever, and it got cancelled despite good sales.

BlackWind
Originally posted by StyleTime
She passively absorbs electricity and project that energy from her body. She can also use the energy to power her super speed. Her exact speed levels are unknown, since I don't recall any hard numbers ever given to her. She generally did the "blurry lines/after image/multiple places at once on the page" type of superspeed. Her gauntlets, which help her control her powers, can be removed for a power amp, although she can't control it as well. She's a fairly good leader for her tier. Also, she likes black guys.

If you want something more concrete, she ran from New York to Colorado in what we can assume was an afternoon(She passed out afterwards). And overloaded Nimrod once.

Hard to nail down an exact power level, as Noriko wasn't exactly a feat monster. To make matters worse, she's been relegated to supporting character status ever since her run with the New X-Men ended. It's sad considering that was probably the best "Child X-Men" series ever, and it got cancelled despite good sales.

She should bang Static then if she likes black guys.

Regardless, sounds sorta difficult to guage her.

Q99
Lightning was noted at the end of having *tremendous* potential, raw energy output exceeding Alan Scott... though she couldn't do that at will or anything, not yet.

However, there is the matter than Surge absorbs electricity, and has super speed.

I'd say against many foes, Lightning is the stronger since she doesn't have to worry about running out of charge, but against Surge, her power is mostly a disadvantage and Surge has the physical advantage.

So win to Surge.

StyleTime
I do wonder if Surge's absorption could be a liability. I'm not sure how Lightning's blasts would affect Noriko, but too much charge at once can overload her. The picture in the OP is actually Surge when she was forced to withhold a charge for too long. She was, literally, going to explode and take out part of a city. Wolverine was confident that she would kill X-Force in the blast too. That's saying a lot since Wolverine and X-23 have shrugged off some crazy stuff before. Granted, it was only a statement.

It's possible Surge could overload and kill both of them.

I'm forced to go with Q99's assessment though, since I don't know much about Lightning. Surge's powerset is a combo of absorption, superspeed, and ranged blasts. If Lightning can't cope with that then Noriko takes it.

Golgo13
So, double ko, since surge can be overloaded?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.