Hyperion (Supreme) vs Firestorm (DCnU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Hyperion (Supreme) vs Firestorm (DCnU)

carver9
Transmutation could possibly take Hyperion out since he doesn't have the fts of resistance, BUT, Hyperion mainly withstood everything that came his way in stride. I'm giving this to him.

"Id"
Originally posted by carver9
Transmutation could possibly take Hyperion out since he doesn't have the fts of resistance, BUT, Hyperion mainly withstood everything that came his way in stride. I'm giving this to him.

There are limits to his invulnerability. A nuke going off did a number on him. Firestorm can power up to city leveling blast.

Galan007
Transmutation could possibly take Hyperion out since he doesn't have the fts of resistance, BUT, Hyperion mainly withstood everything that came his way in stride. I'm giving this to him. DCnU FS can't do organics, breh:
http://i.imgur.com/WawpKgm.jpg

Originally posted by "Id"
There are limits to his invulnerability. A nuke going off did a number on him. Firestorm can power up to city leveling blast. FS possessed enough energy to, rather easily, overload the beastly DCnU Captain Atom as well.

"Id"
Originally posted by Galan007

FS possessed enough energy to, rather easily, overload the beastly DCnU Captain Atom as well.

How Captain Atom died, bothers me. There has to be context behind it, because when he absorbed his Alternate C. Atoms, he was fine. And as far as I know Atom is much more powerful than FS.

DC preserved a shitty character. Killed of C. Atom, and The Ray is lost in writers limbo.

abhilegend
Its Dan Jurgens. City leveling blasts in his opinions are about planet leveling blasts in other writers' opinion.

carver9
There are limits to his invulnerability. A nuke going off did a number on him. Firestorm can power up to city leveling blast.

I remember that scene. He wasn't at full power either AND he has also withstood nukes as well. He tanked Human Torch Nova blast that was stated during the time as being hotter than the sun.

"Id"
I remember that scene. He wasn't at full power either AND he has also withstood nukes as well. He tanked Human Torch Nova blast that was stated during the time as being hotter than the sun.

What other nuke did he withstood? I only remember that one time.

carver9
What other nuke did he withstood? I only remember that one time.

He was in the heart of his heat vision blast that went all nuclear.

Golgo13
Can Firestorm use Fury?

"Id"
Originally posted by Golgo13
Can Firestorm use Fury?

I don't even know what that is.

Golgo13
I don't even know what that is.

This guy. I think he comes out when both Raymond and Ronnie lock or something. Been so long, forgot, but it was mainly a Gail Simone thing. After she was gone from being a writer, the other writer didn't use it.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/FS_zps4fe027cb.jpg

Galan007
How Captain Atom died, bothers me. There has to be context behind it, because when he absorbed his Alternate C. Atoms, he was fine. And as far as I know Atom is much more powerful than FS.

DC preserved a shitty character. Killed of C. Atom, and The Ray is lost in writers limbo. No matter what the version, Captain Atom has always been able to be overloaded. It's ridiculous, I agree, but there's no denying it.

"Id"
I just think they could have found a better way to kill him off, given that just prior, the same feat failed to kill him off. It just creates inconsistency, writers laziness can be a real pain.

What the hell is up with DC Editorial? It seems as though they started off fine with the relaunch, and not its taking a dive bomb.

/SMH

Galan007
^ Really depends which titles you're following. Some started out excellent but have gone to complete shit, some started out horribly but have become superb, and some have been consistently great since the beginning.

abhilegend
While Firestorm was shit throughout its run.

"Id"
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Really depends which titles you're following. Some started out excellent but have gone to complete shit, some started out horribly but have become superb, and some have been consistently great since the beginning.

They started a few titles, that where pure win. And then canceled them, or did not continue them.

I Vampire
Captain Atom
The Ray
OMAC

There is more but just the ones of the top of my head.

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
While Firestorm was shit throughout its run. Truly that was a legitimately turrible read.

It got better at issue #13, when they erased that horrid 'Nuclear Men' concept, but by then the damage was done. It's a real shame, because we've seen how good a Firestorm series can be when done well(ie. the 2004 series), but I digress...

They started a few titles, that where pure win. And then canceled them, or did not continue them.

I Vampire
Captain Atom
The Ray
OMAC

There is more but just the ones of the top of my head. 'I, Vampire' in particular should have been saved at all costs. It was, and remains to be, absolutely brilliant. thumb up

I'd also add 'Demon Knights' and 'Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE' to that list.

"Id"
The death of I Vampire, and Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE can bring a grown man like Richard Kuklinski to tears.

/True Story

abhilegend
Gail Simone is well past her prime now. Tell that to her fangirls though, they will kill you.

Bentley
Originally posted by abhilegend
Gail Simone is well past her prime now. Tell that to her fangirls though, they will kill you.

Twitter did her in, if you ask me.

"Id"
The best thing to ever happen to the GL series, was making Sinestro lead GL if for a moment.

So I pray to Odin, Nabu, and the Vishanti that his series, maintain quality villain persona with some hero elements.

Galan007
Not that I liked JLI much before it was cancelled, but I WAS looking forward to seeing the evil Rip Hunter affair take shape. That definitely showed promise... But alas...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.