Sylar/Peter vs Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
These two seem undefeated so far. Can they beat the Silver Surfer?

marwash22
I'm inclined to say no, they can't.

they can freeze time, but then what? Would transmutation work on Sufer?

carver9
That's why we go by fts. What has actually been shown on panel. Has Surfer shown resistance to transmutation?

marwash22
nope; and if that is the case, Sylar and/or Peter can defeat anyone who can't control time.

I can't think of a single movie character outside of Manhattan who can control their molecular structure. Manhattan would just blow them up. These two are pretty much unusable in movie versus matches... you'd have to use Peter and Sylar in the foreign cinema forum where you can use characters from other genres.

Lestov16
Surfer wins. I doubt Sylar will be able to turn him into gold, and his disintegration powers he got from Clint Howard were never used onscreen. His best TK feat IIRC was flipping the prison van in S1. Surfer will just absorb any radiation they try to throw at him, and while indeed Peter can stop time, that doesn't mean he can separate Surfer from his board, which is the only way to stop him.

marwash22
Originally posted by Lestov16
Surfer wins. I doubt Sylar will be able to turn him into gold, and his disintegration powers he got from Clint Howard were never used onscreen. His best TK feat IIRC was flipping the prison van in S1. Surfer will just absorb any radiation they try to throw at him, and while indeed Peter can stop time, that doesn't mean he can separate Surfer from his board, which is the only way to stop him. your opinion doesn't count for diddly.

but there is an argument to be made that Sufer can control is molecules since he can go intangible and apparently did something to Johnny's structure when he messed with his powers after touching him.

Lestov16
Originally posted by marwash22
apparently did something to Johnny's structure when he messed with his powers after touching him.

Exactly. Sylar's never transmuted matter of that nature, and thus it's logical to have doubts that Sylar can transmute him.

marwash22
conversely, Surfer never displayed the ability to resist being transmuted.

meh.

NemeBro
Surfer also has transmutation powers.

More importantly, he is powerful enough to vaporize both at the start of the battle, and fast enough to do it before they can use any of their powers.

Surfer stomps and he stomps hard, as usual.

carver9
Can Sylar and Peter mimic Surfers powers?

marwash22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Surfer also has transmutation powers.

More importantly, he is powerful enough to vaporize both at the start of the battle, and fast enough to do it before they can use any of their powers.

Surfer stomps and he stomps hard, as usual. what was an example? Not doubting it, just haven't seen that piece of shit movie in years.

Originally posted by carver9
Can Sylar and Peter mimic Surfers powers? not before getting killed.

Lestov16
IDK honestly. In theory, Peter is more powerful, as his chronokinesis is beyond surfer's sub-tachyonic powers, but in practice, Peter has never come close to operating on Surfer's Galactus-busting power output scale

Lestov16
just haven't seen that piece of shit movie in years. I saw it in theaters and I enjoyed it (granted I was 14 at the time). It wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Sure it wasn't Oscar level, but it wasn't as horrible as, say, Catwoman

FrothByte
The time-stop is key to Peter/Sylar. Without it, they lose badly. But if they stop time before Surfer is able to do anything, they can pretty much launch any and all attacks they want on Surfer and Surfer won't be able to do anything about it. Surfer can't phase if he's frozen in time. And all Peter/Sylar would need to do is find a way to separate Surfer from his board.

Lestov16
By moving during a time-stoppage, wouldn't that make Peter/Sylar tachyonic beings? If so, they could literally grab Surfer and pull him off the board by hand.

FrothByte
Agreed. IIRC, Hiro was able to move stuff around during time-stop. I don't see why Peter and Sylar can't do the same.

Lestov16
For a moment, I was getting nostalgia for Heroes, but then I remembered how bad it got laughing out loud

carver9
Both should be able to mimic Surfer powers.

FrothByte
Both should be able to mimic Surfer powers.

Well Peter can. Sylar would need to cut open Surfer's brain.

carver9
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well Peter can. Sylar would need to cut open Surfer's brain.

No, he doesn't. Remember, the last session he learned how to mimic powers just by looking at the gifted.

Lestov16
thumb up

That's how he gained the empathy power. No encephalectomy required. He reverted back to murder because it was fun for him

(Holding back rage rant of how retarded his redemption arc was; he was so much better as a villain mad )

Supra
Surfer Wins by a landslide. Arguing otherwise is stupid and pointless.

Power Cosmic>Mutants

carver9
They're not mutants.

NemeBro
Both should be able to mimic Surfer powers. Surfer's powers don't come from the same source so no they shouldn't.

NemeBro
what was an example? Not doubting it, just haven't seen that piece of shit movie in years.

not before getting killed. The one I'm thinking of is when he switched the powers of members of the FF.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Supra
Surfer Wins by a landslide. Arguing otherwise is stupid and pointless.

Power Cosmic>Mutants

If you can tell me how Surfer counters time stop then I'll believe you.

carver9
Surfer's powers don't come from the same source so no they shouldn't.

When was it stated that they can only mimic powers from one source? That's like me limiting Surfers ability only on people with the Fantastic Four genetic code. No, just no.

NemeBro
When was it stated that they can only mimic powers from one source? Where do we see them mimic cosmically bestowed powers like the Surfer's?

They have a biology that Surfer can manipulate, there is exactly nothing hinting Surfer has the genetic traits of the supers in their setting.

Dramatic Gecko
Peter gets people's abilities when he thinks of how they make him feel. Peter has feelpower. But Surfer's power comes from the board not himself. And boards don't have feelings... so peter can't take its power. Peter and Syla loose. TIme stop just means procrastination as they have no way to beat him once time stops.

Supra
Surfer's powers don't come from the same source so no they shouldn't.

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Peter gets people's abilities when he thinks of how they make him feel. Peter has feelpower. But Surfer's power comes from the board not himself. And boards don't have feelings... so peter can't take its power. Peter and Syla loose. TIme stop just means procrastination as they have no way to beat him once time stops.

Exactly

FrothByte

They stop time, push Surfer off his board, and that's it.

marwash22
Peter gets people's abilities when he thinks of how they make him feel. Peter has feelpower. But Surfer's power comes from the board not himself. And boards don't have feelings... so peter can't take its power. Peter and Syla loose. TIme stop just means procrastination as they have no way to beat him once time stops. point of clarification:

Peter gets powers by just being around people... like a sponge. He activates (or manifests) the power by remembering the person he got it from.

Supra
point of clarification:

Peter gets powers by just being around people... like a sponge. He activates (or manifests) the power by remembering the person he got it from.

He is not taking powers from a board.

marwash22
i did not make that claim.

Epicurus
what was an example? Not doubting it, just haven't seen that piece of shit movie in years.
When he disintegrated and remade Doom without his physical defects instantly. Considering the level of Doom's durability as shown in the previous movie, that's a crazy feat. Then there's reviving Sue.

Epicurus
Surfer's power affects matter and energy at a molecular level, as assessed by Reed when he was examining what happened to Johnny after his encounter with the Surfer. Even powerless Surfer can manipulate his body to to some extent, when he displayed Galactus' nature to Sue using his abdomen as a tv screen.

Suffice to say, there is significant doubt as to whether he is vulnerable to transmutation at all.

Epicurus
They stop time, push Surfer off his board, and that's it.
How do they push him off the board? And please don't bring up Lestov's "they're tachyonic beings" theory.

Supra
Originally posted by Epicurus
When he disintegrated and remade Doom without his physical defects instantly. Considering the level of Doom's durability as shown in the previous movie, that's a crazy feat.

Did he remake Doom or was that Dooms durability holding him together?

Supra
How do they push him off the board? And please don't bring up Lestov's "they're tachyonic beings" theory.

laughing laughing

Epicurus
Did he remake Doom or was that Dooms durability holding him together?
Doom was disintegrated by the blast initially, but got reconstructed as fell into that cave, without any of his bodily scars from the previous movie.

Supra
Doom was disintegrated by the blast initially, but got reconstructed as fell into that cave, without any of his bodily scars from the previous movie.

So was that SS that reconstructed him or was that Doom? I could never tell.

Epicurus
^Obviously Surfer.

Supra
^Obviously Surfer.

Why did he do that, I don't get it.

Epicurus
^Maybe out of the goodness of his heart? Or the fact that he knew that Earth was already fated to be devoured by Galactus, and hence wanted to avoid needless bloodshed?

FrothByte

They stop time, and then they have all the time in the world to experiment with Surfer and push hiim off his board. Peter and Sylar are pretty powerful in their own rights.

Better question would be, how do you think Surfer wins this if he's trapped in time?

Epicurus
They stop time, and then they have all the time in the world to experiment with Surfer and push hiim off his board. Peter and Sylar are pretty powerful in their own rights.

Better question would be, how do you think Surfer wins this if he's trapped in time?
Yep, and how exactly do they do that?

Surfer would probably disintegrate them before that even happens tbh. Or mess up their powers as he did with Johnny.

BlackZero30x

Surfer would probably disintegrate them before that even happens tbh. Or mess up their powers as he did with Johnny.

Its not really explained how it works. But they can freeze time with a single thought.

EDIT: and it really is in character for them(peter at least) to use it. This same power allows teleporting also because the power controls both space and time.

FrothByte

Like I said in my previous post, it depends on who acts first. Can Surfer disintegrate them before they stop time? All I know is:

1. Peter can stop time pretty much instantaneously
2. I don't recall Surfer showing any speed blitz feats or even quick draw shots
3. Sylar and Peter IIRC both have insane healing capabilities. Whatever Surfer shoots them with may or may not take them out.

Epicurus
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Its not really explained how it works. But they can freeze time with a single thought.

EDIT: and it really is in character for them(peter at least) to use it. This same power allows teleporting also because the power controls both space and time.
I am not talking about how they stop time, I am talking about how do they get him off his board?

Epicurus
Like I said in my previous post, it depends on who acts first. Can Surfer disintegrate them before they stop time? All I know is:

1. Peter can stop time pretty much instantaneously
2. I don't recall Surfer showing any speed blitz feats or even quick draw shots
3. Sylar and Peter IIRC both have insane healing capabilities. Whatever Surfer shoots them with may or may not take them out.
1.If they stop time, then it's an endless stalemate. Seeing how neither of the opponents can do anything to each other.
2.Surfer had ftl speed in the movie, not to mention outmaneuvering a speeding Johnny flying at close range.
3.You mean to tell me that they can heal from being disintegrated to dust? Or from the Galactus-buster?

BlackZero30x
I am not talking about how they stop time, I am talking about how do they get him off his board? Ooh my bad sorry lol. Well they can move things with their minds for one and if that wont work peter can create nuclear explosions.

Epicurus
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Ooh my bad sorry lol. Well they can move things with their minds for one and if that wont work peter can create nuclear explosions.
Doubtful either of that would work. Doom and Reed had to build a tachyon field device to separate him from his board.

FrothByte
1.If they stop time, then it's an endless stalemate. Seeing how neither of the opponents can do anything to each other.
2.Surfer had ftl speed in the movie, not to mention outmaneuvering a speeding Johnny flying at close range.
3.You mean to tell me that they can heal from being disintegrated to dust? Or from the Galactus-buster?

Surfer had FTL traveling speeds. Never showed any super speed while fighting though. As for the endlesss stalemate, Peter/Sylar are both pretty strong TK's and are capable of going nuclear. While it's true that they may not be able to do anything to Surfer, they at least are capable of doing something as compared to Surfer who'll be frozen in time, and thus why they have my vote.

marwash22
they could phase their hands through his dome piece.

Epicurus
Surfer had FTL traveling speeds. Never showed any super speed while fighting though. As for the endlesss stalemate, Peter/Sylar are both pretty strong TK's and are capable of going nuclear. While it's true that they may not be able to do anything to Surfer, they at least are capable of doing something as compared to Surfer who'll be frozen in time, and thus why they have my vote.
He did when fighting Johnny and later on the militar

Surfer's own Galactus-buster couldn't kill him, you think nuking him would do the trick? Not to mention that Surfer's mere presence in the vicinity busts up sh1t like how he bent those trees around Sue and wrecking those cars as he flew around. Along with the ability to mess up tech/equipment simply.

Yes, and what exactly do they do which puts down the Surfer? Can they manipulate tachyons? Surfer can also mess up their powers.

Supra
They refuse to see truths.

Placidity
^Maybe out of the goodness of his heart? Or the fact that he knew that Earth was already fated to be devoured by Galactus, and hence wanted to avoid needless bloodshed?

No, it was a side-effect. Just like what happened to Torch was a side effect. This is mentioned by Reed.

That's not to say Surfer couldn't wilfully bring about those effects, but that would be speculation, and that's not allowed. For you, at least.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Placidity
No, it was a side-effect. Just like what happened to Torch was a side effect. This is mentioned by Reed.

That's not to say Surfer couldn't wilfully bring about those effects, but that would be speculation, and that's not allowed. For you, at least.
Where was it mentioned that what he did to Doom was a side-effect?

Are you seriously suggesting that discussing feats he's already performed onscreen is speculative discourse? Lol, what an idiot.

Supra

Are you seriously suggesting that discussing feats he's already performed onscreen is speculative discourse? Lol, what an idiot.

What out Epic, he thinks cause he's a CEO, he is better then all of us.

Placidity

It wasn't. But what happened to Torch was mentioned, yet you tried to pass it off as an ability that Surfer used directly. And you didn't even say that was your speculation. Seeing a trend here?

Regarding Doom and Surfer - it wasn't mentioned it was a side effect. It was also NOT mentioned that it was a direct ability. Yet you presented your speculation as fact, you were quite definitive in describing that feat. Again, no mention of speculation. Perhaps its time to own up to your hypocrisy?

That is YOUR interpretation of what happened. As such, it holds no weight.

The thing about the biased is that they are blind to it. If only you saw who the idiot truly was.

Placidity
What out Epic, he thinks cause he's a CEO, he is better then all of us.

You seize the opportunity when presented. Smart move. But I think you should have said something other than "he thinks...he is better then all of us", although that could be effective.

Supra
You seize the opportunity when presented. Smart move. But I think you should have said something other than "he thinks...he is better then all of us", although that could be effective.

You said so yourself, do I need to link and quote you doing it?

Epicurus
It wasn't.

Excellent.thumb up

That is YOUR interpretation of what happened. As such, it holds no weight.

The thing about the biased is that they are blind to it. If only you saw who the idiot truly was.
Ok, so feats from the movies don't count. Got it.

Placidity
Excellent.thumb up

Ok, so feats from the movies don't count. Got it.

You must know that I know that you just signalled your concession by committing a non-response and a strawman so obvious even Supra would spot it with his eyes closed?

You said so yourself, do I need to link and quote you doing it?

I wasn't even challenging you above, but go ahead smile

Supra
You must know that I know that you just signalled your concession by committing a non-response and a strawman so obvious even Supra would spot it with his eyes closed?

I wasn't even challenging you above, but go ahead smile

I'll save you the embarrassment of basically telling us we are nothing because your a "CEO" and you lose respect for people who challenge you.

maxivitopowe
Yeah the global stuff and Johnny were a side effect
Would the death tears work on him?

Placidity
I'll save you the embarrassment of basically telling us we are nothing because your a "CEO" and you lose respect for people who challenge you.

Oh dear. Your comprehension skills are so sub-par it is shocking. I wasn't even aware of it until only now that you've tried to explain what you thought I said in my post.

It is a good thing you did not quote my post, sure would've been embarrassing.

But seriously, wow. You must be just a little kid, you must be...

Epicurus
You must know that you aren't even making any sense now. Lol at you trying to pull off a quanchi against the very master of quanchi!

Placidity
I can appreciate your tactics. Very simple, definitely crude, but it undoubtedly works, and you are smart enough to know it works.

Epicurus
I can appreciate your tactics. Very simple, definitely crude, but it undoubtedly works, and you are smart enough to know it works.
I accept your concession.thumb up

Placidity
I accept your concession.thumb up

Concede:

admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it.

Even after I provided you with a definition of the word, you continue to use it in a nonsensical way.

Epicurus' Status: Full Retard Confirmed.

Epicurus
Even after I provided you with a definition of the word, you continue to use it in a nonsensical way.

Epicurus' Status: Full Retard Confirmed.
Considering your admission that my tactics were highly effective despite being crude and simple, that does count as a concession on your part.

I think you suffer from DID, seeing how you continuously confuse yourself with me.

Placidity
Considering your admission that my tactics were highly effective despite being crude and simple, that does count as a concession on your part.

No it doesn't.

Tactics implied diversion and underhandedness, not success. Don't kid yourself, you couldn't win an honest intellectual debate. Heck, I'm not sure you would even win in an ad hominem argument even by going full retard against Supra.

Epicurus
No it doesn't.

Tactics implied diversion and underhandedness, not success. Don't kid yourself, you couldn't win an honest intellectual debate. Heck, I'm not sure you would even win in an ad hominem argument even by going full retard against Supra.
Yes it does.

Lol, considering you're the one who derailed this thread by bringing up posts of mine entirely removed from this thread, I'd say there's definitely a tinge of irony when you accuse me of "underhanded tactics", you silly goose.

Placidity
Yes it does.

Lol, considering you're the one who derailed this thread by bringing up posts of mine entirely removed from this thread, I'd say there's definitely a tinge of irony when you accuse me of "underhanded tactics", you silly goose.

It was not "removed" at all. You were applying different standards to Manhattan than you did in this thread.

It's too bad you've went for the "Oh damn, I was caught so now I must talk smack until thread gets closed so I don't have to own up to my hypocrisy and bias" tactic. It was a decent thread.

Epicurus
It was not "removed" at all. You were applying different standards to Manhattan than you did in this thread.

It's too bad you've went for the "Oh damn, I was caught so now I must talk smack until thread gets closed so I don't have to own up to my hypocrisy and bias" tactic. It was a decent thread.
Of course it was. I asked for onscreen proof that Manhattan has entropy/time manip in that other thread. As opposed to me openly admitting that I am speculating with regards to making the "pocket dimension/tesseract space" comments about Surfer's board trapping feat. Try and keep up, Mr Slowpoke.

It's too bad that you tried to act as if the shoe was on the other foot to begin with, got a good butt-whacking and have now been reduced to D-grade trollery. Don't worry, butthurt seems to have that effect on people.

Placidity
Of course it was. I asked for onscreen proof that Manhattan has entropy/time manip in that other thread. As opposed to me openly admitting that I am speculating with regards to making the "pocket dimension/tesseract space" comments about Surfer's board trapping feat. Try and keep up, Mr Slowpoke.

You made the same comment earlier, I already de-constructed and responded to this.

By the way, why are you trying to change your posts back to a somewhat rational style? You must realize you will only lose if you engage me at this level right (as you did before)?

Epicurus
You made the same comment earlier, I already de-constructed and responded to this.

By the way, why are you trying to change your posts back to a somewhat rational style? You must realize you will only lose if you engage me at this level right (as you did before)?
Pretty sure that you don't actually know the meaning of the term "deconstruct", otherwise you wouldn't use it so liberally in a convo where your attempt to make your opponent argue with himself backfired spectacularly in your face.

You do realize you aren't the first idiot I've had to deal with on these forums, right? Just so you get some perspective, the last looney toon to have gone up against me got a permaban. You sure you want to try your luck?

Placidity
your attempt to make your opponent argue with himself backfired spectacularly in your face.

Do you really believe this? I'm wondering if you are that delusional. You started with an emotional, yet rational response, which was destroyed, then you started using the "full retard" method to hide from the debate and to induce a close on this thread. Are you really patting yourself on the back? I gave you credit for being smart enough to know when to disengage and try something else, but maybe you really are just deluded.

You do realize you aren't the first idiot I've had to deal with on these forums, right? Just so you get some perspective, the last looney toon to have gone up against me got a permaban. You sure you want to try your luck?

Oh, I'm almost scared now. Tell me more about your powers, it is fascinating.

I have to admit, you made me chuckle.

Epicurus
Do you really believe this? I'm wondering if you are that delusional. You started with an emotional, yet rational response, which was destroyed, then you started using the "full retard" method to hide from the debate. Are you really patting yourself on the back? I gave you credit for being smart enough to know when to disengage and try something else, but maybe you really are just deluded.

Of course I do. Considering the half-assed manner in which you entered the other Surfer thread, accusing me of hypocrisy without even reading the entirety of mine and Utrigia's exchange, and the way you just popped into this thread and declared me a hypocrite all the while proclaiming that what Surfer did to Doom was a side-effect despite admitting there is no proof to the contrary, not to mention the fact that the Surfer had no intent of killing someone he thought was already doomed due to Galactus' coming.

If you want to get a real look at deluded, I'd suggest looking yourself in the mirror.smile

Oh, I'm almost scared now. Tell me more about your powers, it is fascinating.

I have to admit, you made me chuckle.
My powers are that I win every argument I have against a troll. For example, the argument which you and I are currently having.

Placidity

My powers are that I win every argument I have against a troll. For example, the argument which you and I are currently having.

Hm, I actually believe you might win some arguments - if they can in fact be won, but you would never win a debate. You are aware of this too, consciously or unconsciously. That is why you chose to go the full retard route, it comes naturally to you.

Epicurus
Hm, I actually believe you might win some arguments - if they can in fact be won, but you would never win a debate. You are aware of this too, consciously or unconsciously. That is why you chose to go the full retard route, it comes naturally to you.
Tell yourself whatever you need to put yourself to sleep at night. In the meantime, try not to sh1t sitting in a sideways position. I hear that can be quite painful to people suffering from severe rectal damage as you just had inflicted upon you in this and the other thread.

Placidity
Tell yourself whatever you need to put yourself to sleep at night. In the meantime, try not to sh1t sitting in a sideways position. I hear that can be quite painful to people suffering from severe rectal damage as you just had inflicted upon you in this and the other thread.

Ah, trying something new again? Or just trying to accelerate thread close?

First emotional protests, then the full retard technique, and now we have unadulterated ad hominem, which I suspect you will stick to from this point on. I actually prefer this than you going full retard.

Epicurus
Or just trying to accelerate thread close?
You already set that in motion the moment you started trolling me and derailing this thread. It's quite sad really, since this isn't a thread which deserves to be closed imo.sad

Placidity
You already set that in motion the moment you started trolling me and derailing this thread. It's quite sad really, since this isn't a thread which deserves to be closed imo.sad

Could you be any less original?

And you admit to going full retard?

Epicurus
Could you be any less original?

And you admit to going full retard?
Could you be any less of a tool.

Nope, but I do admit that it is a congenital condition for you though./shrugs

Placidity
Could you be any less of a tool.

Nope, but I do admit that it is a congenital condition for you though./shrugs

Going full retard again?

Lestov16

STFU, lame-o

Epicurus
Going full retard again?
Stop projecting.
Originally posted by Lestov16
STFU, lame-o

NemeBro
What are you pussies arguing about?

Epicurus
What are you pussies arguing about?
About how much of a f@ggot you are, MemeHoe.thumb up

NemeBro
That's intolerant of my lifestyle.

Epicurus
Do I look like I care, motherfcuker?

NemeBro
Yes.

Epicurus
You're seeing things which aren't. Get your eyes checked up.

NemeBro
You seem upset.

Epicurus
I accept your concession.

NemeBro
Calm down.

Epicurus

NemeBro
Calm down.

Epicurus

maxivitopowe
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.