Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Obi-Wan doesn't have any force powers, and has a sword instead of a saber.
Obi Wan gets 3 days prep with sword
Aragorn has a standard sword

Neither characters get armor

Who wins?

Stealth Moose
Obi without the Force is probably going to die. Jedi use the Force to much that being without it is like Thor, with normal muscles, without Mjolnir.

Also, three days prep is not much. Aragorn has been fighting longer than Obi's been alive. He still loses.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not sure why ObI would lost here.. His reflexes and speed are beyond Aragorn's... Sure he's without his saber but still.. he has the physical advantages.

Firefly218
Obi Wan's skill with the lightsaber has very little to do with force powers. He is still an extremely talented swordsman

Supra
Originally posted by Firefly218
Obi Wan's skill with the lightsaber has very little to do with force powers. He is still an extremely talented swordsman

A saber blade weighs nothing like the weight of a sword blade, that is why people who are not trained in the ways of the jedi do not know how to use light sabers.

COG Veteran
Aragorn lops his head off with one fell swoop.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Supra
Your wrong, a jedi knows how to use the light saber because of the force. A saber blade weighs nothing like the weight of a sword blade, that is why people who are not trained in the ways of the jedi do not know how to use light sabers.

No, the force helps a jedi react with the lightsaber. The act of attacking and defending is learnt, and can be applied to swords as well.

Supra
No, the force helps a jedi react with the lightsaber. The act of attacking and defending is learnt, and can be applied to swords as well.

Then how did General Grievous them since he was trained in the ways of the jedi but did not have the force?

Firefly218
Then how did General Grievous them since he was trained in the ways of the jedi but did not have the force?

That proves that the force doesn't have too much to do with fighting skill.

Obi Wan could probably use a sword very well. Also Obi Wan is faster and more agile than Aragorn.

Dramatic Gecko
Grievous mastered a rare form of jedi combat arts that can only be used by four armed aliens. He however put his own 'SPIN' on it. However Obi-won was better and had the force to guide him. Aragorn will win but Obi wan is still a great swordsman without the force.

Jedi study more than the force and undergo vigorous training in the trials. But without the force I still don't see any jedi standing much chance against Aragorn.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Grievous mastered a rare form of jedi combat arts that can only be used by four armed aliens. He however put his own 'SPIN' on it. However Obi-won was better and had the force to guide him. Aragorn will win but Obi wan is still a great swordsman without the force.

Jedi study more than the force and undergo vigorous training in the trials. But without the force I still don't see any jedi standing much chance against Aragorn.

Aragorn is physically inferior to Kenobi. Aragorn may be more experienced with a sword, but that doesn't gaurentee a win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kenobi holds most every physical attribute advantage sans strength or maybe reach... Speed.. Agility.. Reflexes.. balance... tactics and strat... I don't see why people are so confident in Aragorn winning.

Firefly218
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Kenobi holds most every physical attribute advantage sans strength or maybe reach... Speed.. Agility.. Reflexes.. balance... tactics and strat... I don't see why people are so confident in Aragorn winning.

thumb up

Also Kenobi should be amazing with a sword, considering how much lighter and easier it must be to use.

NemeBro
That proves that the force doesn't have too much to do with fighting skill. It doesn't when you're a technologically advanced cyborg.

If Obi can't amp with the Force, he loses hard.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did we also forget that The General was trained by Grievous.. so it's not like he just learned on his own or from nobody special.. he learned from one of the best. Further, The General was even shown to use Vaapad in his fight against mace.. Which surprised Mace that he seemed to mimic something he shouldn't be able to or even know.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Dude watch LotR again. Aragorn is like god of the blade.

I've just researched Obi-Wan's fighting style. He's trained in Form 3 and Form 6. Form 3 focuses on defence and wearing down the enemy and striking when opportunity arises. It works good in duels but excels in deflecting blaster fire in the heat of war. Form 6 is a style described like this: No strength but no weakness. It is a political style.

Aragorn is very agile and can swing a large blade very quickly and he has strength like you wouldn't believe.

NemeBro
He trained in Form 4 as well.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by NemeBro
He trained in Form 4 as well.
They should add that to the wiki.

Silent Master
Kenobi has zero feats without the force, therefore Aragorn wins by default.

Firefly218
Dude watch LotR again. Aragorn is like god of the blade.

I've just researched Obi-Wan's fighting style. He's trained in Form 3 and Form 6. Form 3 focuses on defence and wearing down the enemy and striking when opportunity arises. It works good in duels but excels in deflecting blaster fire in the heat of war. Form 6 is a style described like this: No strength but no weakness. It is a political style.

Aragorn is very agile and can swing a large blade very quickly and he has strength like you wouldn't believe.

The argument isn't that Obi Wan is better with a sword, because he's not. The argument is that Obi Wan is physically superior, which compensates for his minor short comings in swordsmanship.

Silent Master
The argument isn't that Obi Wan is better with a sword, because he's not. The argument is that Obi Wan is physically superior, which compensates for his minor short comings in swordsmanship.

Except you removed his force powers...which is what Jedi use to boost their physical abilities.

Firefly218
In terms of h2h, the force helps Jedi with their reflexes. That's it.

Strength, speed, agility, vitality etc... the Jedi have to build with training

Silent Master

Strength, speed, agility, vitality etc... the Jedi have to build with training

Except we have seen Jedi boost their physical abilities with the force.

NemeBro

Strength, speed, agility, vitality etc... the Jedi have to build with training It makes them faster and stronger too.

Or do you think that an old fart like Yoda or maybe Sidious are that fast and strong naturally?

Firefly218
It makes them faster and stronger too.

I don't recall the movies ever mentioning this

It's only a natural assumption, considering the movies have never said otherwise.

I'm not much into the EU - other than KOTOR and KOTOR 2 on PC - so you may be right.

NemeBro
So you think that Obi-wan Kenobi and Qui-gon ran fast enough to be a blur in TPM was not Force enhanced?

And you really think that old, foot tall Yoda is as physically strong as young, fit humans naturally?

lol

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
Kenobi has zero feats without the force, therefore Aragorn wins by default.

You finally make a good post. Congrats

StealthRanger
If Obi can't use the force (which is silly, Jedi always use the force while fighting, that's like having Hal Jordan in a match with no Green Lantern Ring) then he gets stomped

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by StealthRanger
If Obi can't use the force (which is silly, Jedi always use the force while fighting, that's like having Hal Jordan in a match with no Green Lantern Ring) then he gets stomped
Aragorn wouldn't stand long against a force empowered Obi wan.

Psychotron
Without the Force Obi-wan won't have his usual strength and speed. Aragorn wins.

KingD19
I agree that without his natural Force Physical Enhancemens, Kenobi loses. But that's unfair for him, that's like saying Aragorn doesn't have his genetics from being descended from the first men and elves or whatever he is. That's how he can still be a young man at what, 80? 90? And how he's so good and strong and fast. No normal human can toss Gimli one handed as far as he did.

StealthRanger
Aragorn wouldn't stand long against a force empowered Obi wan.

Yes I know, which means it's a bad thread either way, and thus shouldn't have been made

Firefly218
So you think that Obi-wan Kenobi and Qui-gon ran fast enough to be a blur in TPM was not Force enhanced?

And you really think that old, foot tall Yoda is as physically strong as young, fit humans naturally?

lol

If that's true then none of Kenobi's physical feats count. I guess Aragorn would win by default.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I thought the thread was... Kenobi just can't use offensive force powers but still maintains his physical stats added by the force. No?

Kenobi is a master of form 3.. The master actually... he's also very versed is Ataru since that was his first style before he switched to form 3. Form 6 isn't one of his strong suits.

Zack Fair
I think Obi loses. Lack of force abilities(passive-or not) will hinder the efficiency of his ultimate defense style.

Psychotron
Give Obi-Wan his passive abilities, a lightsaber and give Aragorn an adamantium sword and it's a more even fight.

NemeBro
Give Obi his passive abilities and it's a stomp in the other direction.

Psychotron
Probably. But it's still more even than this.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I thoguht the thread OP was saying no offensive force powers.. no force amping at all is kinda lame imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.