Tarzan (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Tarzan will be coming back to the cinema in 2016

Alexander Skarsgard will be in the title role, Along with Margot Robbie, Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz all confirmed to star.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/david-yates-3d-tarzan-is-now-slated-for-a-july-2016-release

Patient_Leech
Is this going to be live action or that animated one I saw a trailer for a few weeks ago (that looked somewhat questionable)? Here it is...

haSB5DQvrpo

I'm actually reading the original Tarzan of the Apes, by Edgar Rice Burroughs right now. It's really good. Nothing like the corny cheese factory that it has become. It's actually pretty gritty, violent, and dark at times.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Is this going to be live action or that animated one I saw a trailer for a few weeks ago (that looked somewhat questionable)? Here it is...

haSB5DQvrpo

I'm actually reading the original Tarzan of the Apes, by Edgar Rice Burroughs right now. It's really good. Nothing like the corny cheese factory that it has become. It's actually pretty gritty, violent, and dark at times.

If that trailer is for reals...facepalm

Firefly218
Is there a new rule that Samuel Jackson has to be in everything?

Lestov16
Yes. It is called the rule of Wu Tang. Dolla Dolla bill, ya'll.

Robtard
Originally posted by Firefly218
Is there a new rule that Samuel Jackson has to be in everything?
It's an old rule. He's the highest grossing actor.

If you add up the boxes of all the films he's been in, he beats out all others.

Kazenji

Saying that this one will be live action with David Yates directing.

Esau Cairn

That animated one is a French production I think.

Yeah I grew up reading Tarzan, John Carter & Conan.
The Tarzan novels were a great read, I think there's over 17 books in the series. Also Phillip Jose Farmer wrote a novel "debunking" Tarzan's myth, an interesting read too.

With WB backing this 2016 production & starring a blonde bimbo as Jane, it's going to be a clean cut glamourised version that's going to suck.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

With WB backing this 2016 production & starring a blonde bimbo as Jane, it's going to be a clean cut glamourised version that's going to suck.

I"ll quote that, See if you get proven wrong.... stick out tongue

Esau Cairn
I HOPE I get proven wrong.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Saying that this one will be live action with David Yates directing.

Ah... the Harry Potter director. Hmm.. don't know how he'll be without working under the cloak of that series. How are his other movies?

Esau Cairn
How are his other movies?

Hard to say...most of his other movies are love-story based or set in war-torn times...titles I've personally never heard of...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.