Minato or Itachi: discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
Now that a lot of both character's stories are known, this thread is to ascertain which of the two ninja are superior (as they are parallels) overall as well as in individual aspects.

Stuff like:

On field/Long term strategist:

Battle power (defense/attack/jutsu):

Vs one another:

Overall effectiveness in the manga:

dadudemon
On field/Long term strategist:
Minato: 10/10
Itachi: 7/10

1. Only Madara himself can claim to be a better long term strategist. If Naruto comes back and defeats Madara, Minato wins and then he takes the crown as the best long term strategist.

Battle power (defense/attack/jutsu):
Minato: 7/10
Itachi: 9/10

This probably goes to Minato as he could wipe out entire platoons of ninjas in the blink of an eye (hence, his nickname). This rating does not capture the utility of their battle power. Itachi has more raw destructive power so he wins.

Vs one another:

Minato 9/10 times.

Minato wins a 1 v 1 with Itachi 9 out of 10 times.

Overall effectiveness in the manga:
Minato: 9/10
Itachi: 8/10

Minato is one of the most effective ninja: in the top 5, easily.

Itachi is relegated to a second class of top ninja on overall effectiveness.

SSJGGogeta
dadudemon has no clue what the **** he's talking about.

The Uchiha have always been the best long-term strategists there are. Minato is childish, immature, and overall ignorant, just like Naruto. Kakashi is probably a better strategist. Minato is better at just spamming Yellow flash and raping everyone. Itachi planned to revive himself 6 months after he died, 6 months before he even died. He planned things so perfectly that he was single-handedly able to get rid of Nagato, save Naruto and Killer Bee from certain death, remove Edo Tensei from the battlefield, and kill Kabuto. Itachi was stated by the Third to be on the strategic and intellectual level of even the most skilled Kage by the time he was seven, before he even had Sharingan.

What has Minato accomplished in the manga that comes even close to Itachi? Itachi was one of the main focus points of the series for about 400 chapters.

Itachi doesn't have more destructive power, but he is far more deadly. While Minato can blow up mountains with Biju bombs and Super massive Rasengans, Itachi can seal anyone permanently with an un-dodgeable stab, vaporize nearly anyone with a black flame that he can control perfectly that comes from his eyes and can never be put out by anyone but him(and even burns under water), and has Genjutsu that can be activated on dozens of people from continents away.

In a battle, Itachi wins 9 times out of 10, not Minato, LOL. Itachi could use a simple finger Genjutsu to instantly win. I'm not saying that would be enough to kill Minato, but it would give him a window to land Amaterasu or a Totsuka blade stab, which definitely would. Itachi can use Genjutsu that go unnoticed and can't be overcome by even Genjutsu experts like Sasuke, Kurenai, Kakashi, etc. Kurenai couldn't even overcome his base Genjutsu that he activated without any hand-signs. Minato would get instantly pulled into a Genjutsu and be unable to react to Itachi vaporizing him. To beat Itachi in a serious 1 v 1 fight, you need to be better at Genjutsu than him, as well as stronger, and MUCH faster, and hopefully a Sharingan superior to his to go with it. Otherwise you get tagged by his hax abilities that give him an insta-win. The only ones who fight that description are Jyuubito, Hashirama and Madara, as well as possibly Obito and current EMS Sasuke, mostly characters that would easily SHIT on Minato AND Naruto at the same time.

While Minato IS better at taking care of entire army's than Itachi, Itachi is better at one on one fights, and taking care of platoons and squads with single attacks. Itachi would have been the most powerful character if he wasn't dying since the pre-timeskip introduced him.

Itachi is superior all around. It might as well be comparing Madara to Naruto. thumb up

dadudemon
SSJGGogeta has no idea what the **** he's talking about.

The Uzumaki have always been the best long-term strategists there are. Minato is handsome, mature, and overall the most intelligent shinobi to have lived in Konoha, just like the Third Hokage. Kakashi is not a better strategist than Minato but Kakashi certainly does try to be like Minato. Minato is better at just about anything which is why he rapes everyone. Itachi did not try to revive himself 6 months after he died. He planned things so horribly that that he almost lost everything that he worked for: 2 decades of work almost down the drain if it were not for Naruto pulling shit out of his ass left and right (Itachi would like to thank Naruto with BJs). Itachi was not stated by the Third to be on the strategic and intellectual level of even the most skilled Kage by the time he was seven and he did not state this before Itachi had Sharingan. Minato, on the other hand, had a strategic plan that spanned 16+ years. This was a plan that he formulated in mere seconds. Seconds. Minato's plan would have been an even greater success had Naruto not been such a ****ing moron and a little shit. Funny that Naruto pretty much single-handedly saved all of Itachi's plans whereas Minato's plans were almost ****ed up by the same character.

What has Itachi accomplished in the manga that comes even close to Minato? Minato was one of the main focal points of the series for about 401 chapters. Itachi's biggest accomplishment is genocide of an unsuspecting clan: wow, real brave and chivalrous of you to save just one person from your clan, douchebag.

Itachi does have more destructive power, but he is far less deadly (let's not overlook how very limited that extreme destructive power is...sometimes, making large craters very slowly with a spirit warrior is not as effective as a precise stab to the hearts of an entire platoon of ninjas). Minato cannot blow up mountains with Biju bombs (because he is not a Jinchuriki nor can he fire biju bombs), while Itachi sealed Orochimaru with a stab that could be easily dodged by anyone not anchored to a giant hydra...oh, and let's not forget that the seal was not permanent because Orochimaru is running around, right now. Itachi also has amaterasu which can nearly vaporize nearly anyone with a black flame that he can manipulate semi-decently (but Sasuke showed he was better at it than Itachi) that comes from his eyes and cannot be put out until unless you're Sasuke and then you can put it out. Also, this amaterasu can burn underwater like under water matches and road flares which makes it amazing, for some reason. Also, Itachi has a Genjutsu that can be activated on dozens of people from continents away. But let's not forget that Itachi's best combination is his Yata Mirror Shield and Sword of Totsuka which pretty much makes him invincible.

In a battle, Itachi loses 9 times out of 10, not Minato, LOL. Itachi could stupidly use a simple finger Genjutsu but still instantly lose. I'm not saying that Itachi would be stupid enough to try the single-finger gentjutsu against Minato which would be enough to lose to Minato, but it would give him a fail window to miss using Amaterasu or a Totsuka blade stab, which definitely would miss. Here's why it would miss: Sasuke couldn't hit the Raikage with Amaterasu even at near point blank range and Sasuke was better at using Amaterasu than Itachi (and let's not forget that Minato is faster than even the Raikage's fastest attack...lol, Itachi stands no chance). Itachi can use Genjutsu that goes unnoticed to most ninja but, unfortunately, Minato is not "most ninja". Minato would not get instantly pulled into a Genjutsu and Minato would definitely be unable to react to Itachi attempting to vaporize him. To beat Minato in a serious 1 v 1 fight, you need to be faster than Minato, as well as stronger, and hopefully a massive amount of luck to go with it. Otherwise you get tagged by Minato's hax abilities that give him an insta-win. The only ones who fight that description are Jyuubito and Sage Madara: mostly characters that way beyond all other shinobi due to being characters that would easily SHIT on Minato AND Naruto at the same time.

Minato IS better at taking care of entire army's than Itachi, and Minato is better at one on one fights: Minato's greatest strengths are 1 v 1 fights. The bottom line is, Itachi still would not have been the most powerful character even if he wasn't dying since the pre-timeskip introduced him. Itachi was always Hax but he just does not have what it takes to hang with the top 5 most powerful characters in Naruto.

Minato is superior all around. It might as well be comparing Naruto to Kiba. ha

smile

smile

smile

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by dadudemon
SSJGGogeta has no idea what the **** he's talking about.

The Uzumaki have always been the best long-term strategists there are. Minato is handsome, mature, and overall the most intelligent shinobi to have lived in Konoha, just like the Third Hokage. Kakashi is not a better strategist than Minato but Kakashi certainly does try to be like Minato. Minato is better at just about anything which is why he rapes everyone. Itachi did not try to revive himself 6 months after he died. He planned things so horribly that that he almost lost everything that he worked for: 2 decades of work almost down the drain if it were not for Naruto pulling shit out of his ass left and right (Itachi would like to thank Naruto with BJs). Itachi was not stated by the Third to be on the strategic and intellectual level of even the most skilled Kage by the time he was seven and he did not state this before Itachi had Sharingan. Minato, on the other hand, had a strategic plan that spanned 16+ years. This was a plan that he formulated in mere seconds. Seconds. Minato's plan would have been an even greater success had Naruto not been such a ****ing moron and a little shit. Funny that Naruto pretty much single-handedly saved all of Itachi's plans whereas Minato's plans were almost ****ed up by the same character.

What has Itachi accomplished in the manga that comes even close to Minato? Minato was one of the main focal points of the series for about 401 chapters. Itachi's biggest accomplishment is genocide of an unsuspecting clan: wow, real brave and chivalrous of you to save just one person from your clan, douchebag.

Itachi does have more destructive power, but he is far less deadly (let's not overlook how very limited that extreme destructive power is...sometimes, making large craters very slowly with a spirit warrior is not as effective as a precise stab to the hearts of an entire platoon of ninjas). Minato cannot blow up mountains with Biju bombs (because he is not a Jinchuriki nor can he fire biju bombs), while Itachi sealed Orochimaru with a stab that could be easily dodged by anyone not anchored to a giant hydra...oh, and let's not forget that the seal was not permanent because Orochimaru is running around, right now. Itachi also has amaterasu which can nearly vaporize nearly anyone with a black flame that he can manipulate semi-decently (but Sasuke showed he was better at it than Itachi) that comes from his eyes and cannot be put out until unless you're Sasuke and then you can put it out. Also, this amaterasu can burn underwater like under water matches and road flares which makes it amazing, for some reason. Also, Itachi has a Genjutsu that can be activated on dozens of people from continents away. But let's not forget that Itachi's best combination is his Yata Mirror Shield and Sword of Totsuka which pretty much makes him invincible.

In a battle, Itachi loses 9 times out of 10, not Minato, LOL. Itachi could stupidly use a simple finger Genjutsu but still instantly lose. I'm not saying that Itachi would be stupid enough to try the single-finger gentjutsu against Minato which would be enough to lose to Minato, but it would give him a fail window to miss using Amaterasu or a Totsuka blade stab, which definitely would miss. Here's why it would miss: Sasuke couldn't hit the Raikage with Amaterasu even at near point blank range and Sasuke was better at using Amaterasu than Itachi (and let's not forget that Minato is faster than even the Raikage's fastest attack...lol, Itachi stands no chance). Itachi can use Genjutsu that goes unnoticed to most ninja but, unfortunately, Minato is not "most ninja". Minato would not get instantly pulled into a Genjutsu and Minato would definitely be unable to react to Itachi attempting to vaporize him. To beat Minato in a serious 1 v 1 fight, you need to be faster than Minato, as well as stronger, and hopefully a massive amount of luck to go with it. Otherwise you get tagged by Minato's hax abilities that give him an insta-win. The only ones who fight that description are Jyuubito and Sage Madara: mostly characters that way beyond all other shinobi due to being characters that would easily SHIT on Minato AND Naruto at the same time.

Minato IS better at taking care of entire army's than Itachi, and Minato is better at one on one fights: Minato's greatest strengths are 1 v 1 fights. The bottom line is, Itachi still would not have been the most powerful character even if he wasn't dying since the pre-timeskip introduced him. Itachi was always Hax but he just does not have what it takes to hang with the top 5 most powerful characters in Naruto.

Minato is superior all around. It might as well be comparing Naruto to Kiba. ha

smile

smile

smile

Obvious troll is obvious. Judging from that post, you don't even read Naruto. The Third Hokage is not an Uzumaki. Itachi's plan worked perfectly according to his grand-scale. Minato sealed his Chakra in Naruto to appear when the fox got out of control. That is not a plan, that's a single jutsu that has nothing to do with strategy. thumb up

You literally are just stating everything that I did, but with different characters subbed in. Your entire post is false, and therefor I will no longer continue to converse with a childish, immature, idiotic, single-chromosomal troglodyte that makes random shit up in an argument as a futile attempt to force me to rage. You're a failed, pitiful sock of DP, and you should feel ashamed of yourself for such. thumb up

pile

dadudemon
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Obvious troll is obvious. Judging from that post, you don't even read Naruto.

Derp. K. smile

The Third Hokage is not an Uzumaki.

Awww. You missed my point. How cute but too bad. sad

Itachi's plan worked perfectly according to his grand-scale.

You'll have to do better than "nuh-uuuhh!" That's too derpy.

Minato sealed his Chakra in Naruto to appear when the fox got out of control. That is not a plan, that's a single jutsu that has nothing to do with strategy. thumb up

lol

"Planning ahead your chess game 45,000 moves is not strategy! I have derpflakes for breakfast!"

You literally are just stating everything that I did, but with different characters subbed in.

No I didn't. If you read and comprehended it (you clearly didn't), you'll find my post is far more clever than that. big grin

Your entire post is false, and therefor I will no longer continue to converse with a childish, immature, idiotic, single-chromosomal troglodyte that makes random shit up in an argument as a futile attempt to force me to rage.

While you're at the concession stands, could you get me a hotdog, Mr. Pibb, and a soft pretzel? big grin And don't spit in my Mr. Pibb. If you do, I'll still drink it.

You're a failed, pitiful sock of DP, and you should feel ashamed of yourself for such. thumb up

I don't know who DP (Demonic Phoenix?) is but you clearly don't know me. I am far too arrogant to create a sock account. You can clearly see my join date was 2005. I'm a pretty old member.

And why is it that I do not feel ashamed even slightly? Your concession and tantrum made me laugh. big grin

TheTyrant
Itachi is the superior prodigy who hails from the top clan in his world. Not sure about the specifics though.

Itachi barely lived to be 21 years old and was a legit high-tier/top-tier character while on his death bed. Doesn't get any more talented and gifted than that.

wakkawakkawakka
As far as planning goes Minato wins due to the fact that his ideas did not backfire and result in Naruto becoming a psychopath for X amount of chapters.

Itachi does have the edge in fire power though I'm not sure who's win in a fight considering Minato should be fast enough to avoid the basic MS techs but that Tosuka Blade could be a problem: then again FTG v2 kind of fixes that.

TheTyrant
Itachi's wisdom rivaled that of a Hokage's at he age of 7. This was said after Minato had his time as the leader of Konoha. Itachi also has the youngest Sharingan awakening age (probably the youngest Mangekyo as well) and was made an ANBU captain at 13. So, canonically, Itachi's the best.

Damborgson
Dadu-chan, youre forcing my hand.

Bentley
Minato got laid. Best strategist thumb up

SSJGGogeta
Derp. K. smile

Awww. You missed my point. How cute but too bad. sad

You'll have to do better than "nuh-uuuhh!" That's too derpy.

lol

"Planning ahead your chess game 45,000 moves is not strategy! I have derpflakes for breakfast!"

No I didn't. If you read and comprehended it (you clearly didn't), you'll find my post is far more clever than that. big grin

While you're at the concession stands, could you get me a hotdog, Mr. Pibb, and a soft pretzel? big grin And don't spit in my Mr. Pibb. If you do, I'll still drink it.

I don't know who DP (Demonic Phoenix?) is but you clearly don't know me. I am far too arrogant to create a sock account. You can clearly see my join date was 2005. I'm a pretty old member.

And why is it that I do not feel ashamed even slightly? Your concession and tantrum made me laugh. big grin

You had no point. You literally ONLY posted half-truths and your own personal opinion.

Planning that you'll have a chess game is not a strategy. Itachi was the one planning hundreds of steps ahead. Minato simply laid his and Kushina's chakra's into Naruto so they could see him when he was grown up, which Minato knew would happen most likely because he had the common sense to know the fox would eventually break out of the seal. Itachi however, accounted for Naruto needing Shisui's Mangekyo, Sasuke killing him, Tobi trying to control Sasuke, Kabuto reviving him with edo tensei, him meeting Naruto while in edo tensei so he could regain control of his body, and fighting Kabuto to stop edo tensei, thus helping the allied forces out greatly all while still persuading Sasuke to join the Leaf again. He planned this all out in minutes.

Minato was not even PART of the series for a few hundred chapters. He was mentioned ONCE in the beginning and then never again until Naruto started learning the rasengan. Even then, he wasn't shown again until the Kakashi chronicles, about 400 chapters in. Main focal point my ass. Itachi was introduced in like chapter 80-100 and stayed Sasuke's meaning for revenge indefinitely until they fought and Sasuke killed Itachi.

Excuse me? You don't DESERVE anything other than a comment completely shutting yours down, or a "nuh-uhh", because you still have yet to use one factual piece of evidence to support your claim that Minato is better.

I have posted PROOF, and all you've done is say Minato's better because you think he's handsome. thumb up

Again, Itachi was at Minato's level of strategy when he was SEVEN, as stated by the third hokage. thumb up

Not to mention Minato was BARELY able to survive against Raikage's speed, and Itachi dominated Nagato, who soloed two people FASTER than Raikage. thumb up

Itachi would SHIT on Minato, because all he could do is teleport constantly and Itachi would still be able to predict it and tag him with the totsuka blade. thumb up

You're obviously a pitiful troll, who's not creative or intelligent enough to come up with a viable response, so if it's not too much of a bother, I think I'll just say I won this one.

Unless of course you want to actually post something other than your fangirl rants to suggest Minato to be better than Itachi. So, go ahead dear, run along now, this is a discussion best left to the adults. wink

dadudemon
Originally posted by Damborgson
Dadu-chan, youre forcing my hand.

You've convinced me with your logic. Itachi wins. wink

TheTyrant
Not to mention Minato was BARELY able to survive against Raikage's speed,

phFLvu3o0Xg

Minato was running around him and Killer B with ease. At no point was he in danger, lmao.

And Itachi didn't "dominate" Nagato. He just used Totsuka on him after Naruto and B helped him take down Chibaku Tensei. At no point did Itachi fight Nagato one-on-one so there was no "domination" at any point. That sentene just caught my eye. Didn't read the rest of your post, but clearly you don't read Naruto.

Itachi is > Minato though. No doubt about that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by TheTyrant
phFLvu3o0Xg

Minato was running around him and Killer B with ease. At no point was he in danger, lmao.

And Itachi didn't "dominate" Nagato. He just used Totsuka on him after Naruto and B helped him take down Chibaku Tensei. At no point did Itachi fight Nagato one-on-one so there was no "domination" at any point. That sentene just caught my eye. Didn't read the rest of your post, but clearly you don't read Naruto.

lol

That's why I ignored his post. I'm too awesome to respond to shit-posts. big grin

You'll get nothing but shit replies so I think you just wasted your time.

yungz22
Itachi wins by use of sharingan techniques. Minato just has a jutsu that he spams all the time. I dont see him getting thru susannoo.... or gejutsu techniques like tsukuyomi and the unavoidable izanami

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by TheTyrant
phFLvu3o0Xg

I don't consider spamming Yellow Flash jutsu "running around someone with ease.". Plus, all he did was port away from Raikage's initial attack, and port back, only to have his actual speed bested by Killer Bee. thumb up

Again, without teleportation, he and Naruto aren't that fast.

Itachi blinded Nagato's summons in a second with kunai, stopped him from killing Naruto and Bee. He then proceeded to assist in destroying Chibaku tensei before killing Nagato with one attack. If that's not domination, then I don't know what is.

Itachi still shat on Nagato, and saved Naruto AND Killer Bee in the process, and then killed him with a stab that was too fast for Nagato to react to, the Nagato that easily blitzed Killer Bee, who was able to counter Minato's speed, making Itachi easily faster than Minato. The only defense he would have is being lucky enough to teleport before Itachi could rape him. Even that though wouldn't save him from Itachi's Genjutsu that would instantly capture him and give Itachi the opening to shotgun him with amaterasu.

Again, for the last time, Itachi's faster than Minato. Minato can simply move at light speed for brief teleportation. Itachi solos. thumb up

Bentley
Sage Mode should make Minato the fastest non-Madara character in the series.

yungz22
Itachi's abilities outweigh anything that the 4th might through at him. Unless the forth uses that reaper death seal killing both of them

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Bentley
Sage Mode should make Minato the fastest non-Madara character in the series.

Why's that? Minato was bested by Killer Bee's tentacles speed, which was soloed with Naruto by Nagato. Without Hiraishin, Raikage is MUCH faster than Minato, and Itachi is MUCH faster than the tag team of Raikage(because Killer Bee is faster and stronger than Raikage) and Naruto, making Itachi leagues above Minato without Hiraishin. That along with Itachi's superior intellect, and his sharingan to predict the Minato's teleportation gives Itachi a counter to anything Minato could dish out. The only possible chance he would have is the reaper death seal, which could theoretically still be blocked by the Yata mirror, or averted by sealing Minato with the Totsuka blade, which is much faster than the Reapers arm.

Again, Naruto and Minato are both actually very slow(at least compared to other Naruto characters) without teleportation. Just like how Itachi could easily kill Minato with a single Amaterasu/Totsuka blade stab by distracting him momentarily with Genjutsu. That's exactly why it was said that in a one on one fight, only someone else with Mangekyo sharingan could beat Itachi, because otherwise he can just crap on them with Genjutsu and Amaterasu.

One last thing, Sage mode doesn't make you that much, if any faster at all. It was stated by Naruto that it only enhances your instincts and senses so you can react to things much faster and better, just like sharingan, which is why he used it instead of chakra mode against the third Raikage. thumb up

Sage mode doesn't change anything for Minato, other than giving him a better reaction speed, which still doesn't save him from Genjutsu.

DarkRaiden
I'd go with itachi in all of them. Itachi CLEARLY has better strategy and sharingan, especially Susanoo+genjutsu+exploding clones+Itachi's speed makes him nigh impossible to beat one on one.

And while minato needlessly killed himself (Kushina could've taken the Kyuubi, let's be honest), Itachi did so with style and influenced everything about Sasuke, held Akatsuki back from the Leaf, held Danzo back, AND took down Edo Tensei and partially JnJ'd Sasuke while JnJ'ing Kabuto on the side.

AuraAngel
Strategy(Long Term/Battlefield):

Minato's battle style requires him to be strategic and plan ahead. Itachi's does not. And in the Long Term the results speak for themselves with Naruto saving the world and Sasuke almost becoming a horrid creature that would kill thousands were it not for Hashirama.

Battle Power(Defensive/Attack/Jutsu)

Itachi wins defense. He also has more attacks than Minato but admittedly a Kyuubi Powered Rasengan is stronger than anything in Itachi's moveset in terms of sheer damage. Overall it goes to Itachi since in addition to powerful ninjutsu he is to date still most likely the strongest genjutsu in the manga rivaled only by the 2nd Mizukage.

Vs one another

Don't care~

Overall Effectiveness
Minato ensured Naruto would have tons of aid in getting the Kyuubi's power which in turn saved the world multiple times by now. His biggest fault is failing to stop Obito with frankly is a fault that Itachi shares since given how Izanami works I have no idea why Itachi left him to his own devices.

Instead Itachi messed up with Sasuke and acknowledges this. It was only through sheer luck that he managed to fix some of his mistakes and take out the Edo Tensei but by that point the majority of the ninja had been defeated. Minato meanwhile saved the army twice. thumb up

TheTyrant
^ Shisui was probably better at genjutsu than Itachi.

wakkawakkawakka
Shisui has bar none the best genjustu that's not Izanagi/Izanami in the series however due to its drawbacks it isn't really practical for combat so Itachi would still be the better choice in that regard.

SSJGGogeta
lol

That's why I ignored his post. I'm too awesome to respond to shit-posts. big grin

You'll get nothing but shit replies so I think you just wasted your time.

Your concession has been accepted.

I win. wink

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AuraAngel

Minato's battle style requires him to be strategic and plan ahead. Itachi's does not. And in the Long Term the results speak for themselves with Naruto saving the world and Sasuke almost becoming a horrid creature that would kill thousands were it not for Hashirama.

Itachi wins defense. He also has more attacks than Minato but admittedly a Kyuubi Powered Rasengan is stronger than anything in Itachi's moveset in terms of sheer damage. Overall it goes to Itachi since in addition to powerful ninjutsu he is to date still most likely the strongest genjutsu in the manga rivaled only by the 2nd Mizukage.

Vs one another

Don't care~

Overall Effectiveness
Minato ensured Naruto would have tons of aid in getting the Kyuubi's power which in turn saved the world multiple times by now. His biggest fault is failing to stop Obito with frankly is a fault that Itachi shares since given how Izanami works I have no idea why Itachi left him to his own devices.

Instead Itachi messed up with Sasuke and acknowledges this. It was only through sheer luck that he managed to fix some of his mistakes and take out the Edo Tensei but by that point the majority of the ninja had been defeated. Minato meanwhile saved the army twice. thumb up

Not really. Minato can just throw a bunch of kunai all over the place, and he's all set. Itachi doesn't need prep either, but he's still a better strategist overall. It's been stated many times the Uchiha were the best strategists in Konoha, which is partially why they were trusted with the police force.

I would give strategist to either Itachi or them both, because Itachi's much smarter than Minato, and has been since he was seven.

I have to disagree with that. Minato's attacks may have more area of effect, but Itachi's are much more deadly and more powerful. You pit a Chakra mode Rasengan to a stab with the Totsuka blade, and the blade wins nine times out of ten. The only thing Minato has that's stronger than Itachi's attacks is a biju ball(if he can use it), which could still be argued to be counter-able by a Yasaka magatama.

Defense does definitely go to Itachi, because of the Yata mirror and Amaterasu coated Susano'o. I'd also give Itachi the Jutsu because we've seen hardly anything from Minato other than a few kinjutsu, rasengan and Hiraishin. Meanwhile, Itachi has exploding clones, a battle hardened and mature Mangekyo sharingan, UBER firestyle jutsu, Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, easily activated base genjutsu that can one-panel characters at Minato's level like Orochimaru and Deidara, great shuriken jutsu that surpass even Uchiha elites, and IIRC, some low to mid level water jutsu.

I definitely think Itachi would win in 1 v 1. He's much faster than Minato(aside from Hiraishin), stronger, and deadlier, as well as smarter and more perceptive with his Sharingan.

While that's true, Itachi also stopped a fourth great ninja war(even though it happened later on anyway), and stopped tons of people from dying all over, as well as the destruction of the leaf village. Itachi was, imo, more relevant to the manga. He sacrificed everything, including emotional attachments to save the entire fire country. Minato gave his life to protect the leaf village. Still important, but not as much as Itachi's contributions.

@ TheTyrant: It was stated that Itachi was the strongest genjutsu user in the Uchiha. However, Itachi did say that Shisui's mangekyo was a better genjutsu than any he could use. Basically a Tsukiyomi that you don't even know he's using on you.

Bentley
Your concession has been accepted.

I win. wink

So he says that you might do sh_t replies and you respond... This?

I don't want a give dadudemon credit he doesn't deserve, but you went and proved him right inmediately erm

yungz22
Insulting peaople during arguments as an attempt discredit someone elses argument is a childish thing to do. Its really not needed and discredits the insulter as well.

SSJGGogeta
So he says that you might do sh_t replies and you respond... This?

I don't want a give dadudemon credit he doesn't deserve, but you went and proved him right inmediately erm

He said that he wouldn't reply. He still didn't disprove anything I said either. Therefor, I win. thumb up

No matter how much he sugar-coats it, it's still obvious that he knows he's lost. wink

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by yungz22
Insulting peaople during arguments as an attempt discredit someone elses argument is a childish thing to do. Its really not needed and discredits the insulter as well.

Who was this comment directed towards?

Bentley
He said that he wouldn't reply. He still didn't disprove anything I said either. Therefor, I win. thumb up

No matter how much he sugar-coats it, it's still obvious that he knows he's lost. wink

You have to argue against Quan it'd be epic! eek!

AuraAngel
Not really. Minato can just throw a bunch of kunai all over the place, and he's all set. Itachi doesn't need prep either, but he's still a better strategist overall. It's been stated many times the Uchiha were the best strategists in Konoha, which is partially why they were trusted with the police force.

And yet that statement falls flat when you actually look at Itachi's fights. Sasuke, in all seriousness, uses far more strategy in his fights than Itachi ever did. The most strategy Itachi has used was working with Sasuke to break out of genjutsu, a bit of teamwork with Sasuke to momentarily inconvenience Kabuto, figuring out how to beat Chibaku Tensei, and blinding Nagato's animals.

Now this may seem like a lot but all of it involved a fight where he was getting help. Compare that to Minato carefully luring A into place so that he could hit him and then having the foresight to place a seal on Bee so he could take care of the other big threat on the field. Or when he had the forethought to give Kakashi a special kunai because he knew the area would get dangerous(had Kakashi used it earlier Obito could have been saved). Minato also shows himself capable of deducing a jutsu's weakness with just a glance as seen when Kakashi was preparing to use Chidori for the first time and Minato immediately saw the flaw in the technique while unbeknownst to Kakashi covered his attack. And in general Minato shows a tendency to always think ahead as seen when he managed to tag Tobi, placing a seal on him so he could quickly remove the Kyuubi's control. Simply put you see more of Minato's thinking ahead of time. And this isn't even counting the teamwork he demonstrates when revived in the war. Effortlessly managing to work with both Naruto and Tobirama while demonstrating his ability to think outside the box when he planned to port the plant creating the Bijuu Bombs instead of the Bombs themselves.

I would give strategist to either Itachi or them both, because Itachi's much smarter than Minato, and has been since he was seven.

Itachi is not smarter than Minato. Minato created his own techniques and mastered the FTG to a degree that surpassed even the creator. Itachi primarily used techniques that come with his eye balls. Minato had the foresight to put his and his wife's chakra in place to help Naruto master the Kyuubi. Itachi's precautions involving Sasuke failed. Minato figured out how to beat Tobi. Itachi did not. You're taking the statement that Itachi was as wise as the Hokage and applying it to intelligence.

While that's true, Itachi also stopped a fourth great ninja war(even though it happened later on anyway), and stopped tons of people from dying all over, as well as the destruction of the leaf village. Itachi was, imo, more relevant to the manga. He sacrificed everything, including emotional attachments to save the entire fire country. Minato gave his life to protect the leaf village. Still important, but not as much as Itachi's contributions.

And the Uchiha Massacre was in part the result of the Kyuubi attack. Had Minato not stopped that there would be no Konoha or Itachi to do anything. While Itachi did in fact stop the clan it is a decision he, ultimately, regrets. He says he failed with Sasuke too. Minato in part helped make the man who would consistently save everyone while Itachi created, at best, a wild card who is not a very reliable ally.

SSJGGogeta
And yet that statement falls flat when you actually look at Itachi's fights. Sasuke, in all seriousness, uses far more strategy in his fights than Itachi ever did. The most strategy Itachi has used was working with Sasuke to break out of genjutsu, a bit of teamwork with Sasuke to momentarily inconvenience Kabuto, figuring out how to beat Chibaku Tensei, and blinding Nagato's animals.

Now this may seem like a lot but all of it involved a fight where he was getting help. Compare that to Minato carefully luring A into place so that he could hit him and then having the foresight to place a seal on Bee so he could take care of the other big threat on the field. Or when he had the forethought to give Kakashi a special kunai because he knew the area would get dangerous(had Kakashi used it earlier Obito could have been saved). Minato also shows himself capable of deducing a jutsu's weakness with just a glance as seen when Kakashi was preparing to use Chidori for the first time and Minato immediately saw the flaw in the technique while unbeknownst to Kakashi covered his attack. And in general Minato shows a tendency to always think ahead as seen when he managed to tag Tobi, placing a seal on him so he could quickly remove the Kyuubi's control. Simply put you see more of Minato's thinking ahead of time. And this isn't even counting the teamwork he demonstrates when revived in the war. Effortlessly managing to work with both Naruto and Tobirama while demonstrating his ability to think outside the box when he planned to port the plant creating the Bijuu Bombs instead of the Bombs themselves.

Itachi is not smarter than Minato. Minato created his own techniques and mastered the FTG to a degree that surpassed even the creator. Itachi primarily used techniques that come with his eye balls. Minato had the foresight to put his and his wife's chakra in place to help Naruto master the Kyuubi. Itachi's precautions involving Sasuke failed. Minato figured out how to beat Tobi. Itachi did not. You're taking the statement that Itachi was as wise as the Hokage and applying it to intelligence.

And the Uchiha Massacre was in part the result of the Kyuubi attack. Had Minato not stopped that there would be no Konoha or Itachi to do anything. While Itachi did in fact stop the clan it is a decision he, ultimately, regrets. He says he failed with Sasuke too. Minato in part helped make the man who would consistently save everyone while Itachi created, at best, a wild card who is not a very reliable ally.

The only reason you can even say that is because we've never seen Itachi fight seriously, except for against Kabuto. Sasuke also uses far more strategy than Minato. He's a tactical genius, and has been shown capable of using his opponents attacks against them in nearly every fight he's been in. It is true though, that Itachi's fighting usually revolves around ass-pulls like Izanami, Susano'o, Yata mirror, Totsuka blade, Amaterasu, Yasaka magatama, etc. However, those ass-pulls are used to casually do things that no one else could. If anyone else had fought Kabuto with Sasuke, they wouldn't have been able to stop Edo tensei, and probably not even defeat him. However, Itachi was also able to formulate a fail-safe plan to stop Sasuke from destroying entire nations as well as stop the edo tensei, which would have otherwise possibly destroyed the entire ninja world.

Minato fighting A and Bee had nothing to do with strategy. All he did was spam Hiraishin after throwing a bunch of kunai around. Oh, and he used a seal to continue spamming one of his five jutsu.

Bentley
It is true though, that Itachi's fighting usually revolves around ass-pulls like Izanami, Susano'o, Yata mirror, Totsuka blade, Amaterasu, Yasaka magatama, etc. However, those ass-pulls are used to casually do things that no one else could.

That's the saddest thing about the character, at the end of the day Kishi wrote it ridding on hax sad

If anyone else had fought Kabuto with Sasuke, they wouldn't have been able to stop Edo tensei, and probably not even defeat him.

If Itachi wasn't an Edo at that fight he'd have gotten killed several times over. Maybe Jiraya with his frog jutsu would've bested Kabuto?

SSJGGogeta
That's the saddest thing about the character, at the end of the day Kishi wrote it ridding on hax sad

If Itachi wasn't an Edo at that fight he'd have gotten killed several times over. Maybe Jiraya with his frog jutsu would've bested Kabuto?

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. Even though he's a great strategist, ninjutsu user, taijutsu user, genjutsu user and overall a very powerful ninja, his hax abilities are what make him so deadly.

Yeah, but he knew that he was an edo tensei, and didn't have to dodge or pay attention to attacks he otherwise would have. He even told Sasuke that they had to hold back at all costs so as to not kill him. That's why he sacrificed his body so many times during the fight just to protect Sasuke. He took advantage of him being an edo tensei.

Jiraiya would have probably been barely able to beat Kabuto, but he still wouldn't have been able to stop edo tensei. Then it would all have been pointless. Plus, Kabuto did have knowledge of sage mode, and how to stop it, as well as several techniques that would have been able to most likely beat Jiraiya. It would be an even fight, but ultimately Kabuto would probably still win.

Bentley
Kabuto seemed to have geared himself against disabling eye jutsu (I guess he predicted a battle against Tobi?), the frog song being a sound based genjutsu could've gotten through him. It is true that if Itachi was going all out, sealing Kabuto with the sword would've been a better straight solution than Izanami.

AuraAngel
The only reason you can even say that is because we've never seen Itachi fight seriously, except for against Kabuto.

Neat. Your argument not having enough to support it is not my problem though. If Itachi doesn't show much strategy then why assume he is strategic? smile

Sasuke also uses far more strategy than Minato. He's a tactical genius, and has been shown capable of using his opponents attacks against them in nearly every fight he's been in.

Sasuke has had more fights than Minato and Itachi so naturally he's shown more strategy. However Itachi has had more fights than Minato and Minato has still shown more strategy. smile

If anyone else had fought Kabuto with Sasuke, they wouldn't have been able to stop Edo tensei, and probably not even defeat him.

Naruto, Bee, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tobirama, Hashirama, and Minato all could have worked well with Sasuke to stop Kabuto.

However, Itachi was also able to formulate a fail-safe plan to stop Sasuke from destroying entire nations as well as stop the edo tensei, which would have otherwise possibly destroyed the entire ninja world.

A plan that failed to do what he wanted it to do. smile

And also the Edo Tensei destroy the world? At the time of his defeat, only Mu, Chiyo, and Kimmimaro remained unsealed. Mu couldn't do Dust Release and while Madara was still around he was around after Itachi anyway. At that point the ninja world was not that threatened by Edo Tensei.

Minato fighting A and Bee had nothing to do with strategy. All he did was spam Hiraishin after throwing a bunch of kunai around. Oh, and he used a seal to continue spamming one of his five jutsu.

And in his fight with Temari, Shikamaru spammed one move over and over again. Does Shikamaru not use strategy? smile

Demonic Phoenix
Saying Itachi is a better planner than Minato is laughable.
Saying Itachi barely uses strategy/tactics in battle or that his strategy/tactics don't count/aren't notable as he was not alone, is equally as laughable.

Minato & Itachi aren't strategists in battle. They're tacticians. The only time either one has ever employed an actual strategy in battle was the Itachi-Sasuke fight where Itachi's strategic goal was to push Sasuke to exhaustion (along with Itachi's death). Which means Itachi's actually the better strategist. no expression
Shikamaru is prolly the only character who can claim to be an actual strategist in battle. And Kakashi, I suppose. Meh.

You both should go bury your heads in the sand for being such douchenozzles. sneer

AuraAngel
You're playing semantics mister douchenozzle.

Mind you your version of strategy is tenuous as best. Itachi had just as much control over his fake battle with Sasuke as he did with his Kabuto battle. The only difference was the end goal.

Now the destruction of Kanabi bridge. That was strategic. Have to be a real dashing and manly man to pull that one off. 313

psycho gundam
Let's just be clear about the genjutsu issue: Naruto's talk-no-jutsu is the greatest genjutsu in the manga. Second to none.

psycho gundam
Kabuto seemed to have geared himself against disabling eye jutsu (I guess he predicted a battle against Tobi?), the frog song being a sound based genjutsu could've gotten through him. It is true that if Itachi was going all out, sealing Kabuto with the sword would've been a better straight solution than Izanami. kabuto has sound powers himself as well as the ability to liquefy his body enough to negate the sound genjutsu.

Demonic Phoenix
You're playing semantics mister douchenozzle.

Mind you your version of strategy is tenuous as best. Itachi had just as much control over his fake battle with Sasuke as he did with his Kabuto battle. The only difference was the end goal.

Now the destruction of Kanabi bridge. That was strategic. Have to be a real dashing and manly man to pull that one off. 313

I'm looking at it from a military perspective where a strategy is a long term plan that typically encompasses the entire scenario, while a tactic is a short term action that is more focused towards helping bring about the strategy's success.
And your definitions are different, despite seeming similar. 'Specific end' and 'major/overall aim' can be two different things.
But yes, I am arguing semantics, since I think you douchenozzles really mean tactics instead of strategy. uhuh

It's something he actually planned out beforehand, unlike the Kabuto battle. His tactics in the Uchiha hideout fight were all geared towards pushing Sasuke to the brink. Whereas in the Kabuto fight, it was what? At worst you could say it was landing Izanami. Hardly comparable, especially since he had little to no idea what Kabuto was capable of.
This doesn't matter though. I can't recall Minato or Itachi coming up with complex plans that span a 'long' battle or battles, like Shikamaru has, in the midst of a fight to boot. The most complex strat I can think of from either of the two is the Uchiha hideout fight, and that's not saying much.
They primarily use deductions, counters based on said deductions, and hax in their fights. Ergo, tacticians.

Where Minato had the guys toss a bunch of kunai and he used FTG? I guess that could be seen as strategy; while it is a bawss one, it's hardly complex.
Compare that with an Itachi clone who had our favourite elderly kunoichi shitting her pants after he'd revealed some of his abilities to Kakashi and Naruto a few years earlier. Have to be 10x more manly than Minato to pull that strat off. 313

Sorry for the tl;dr.

chasedown
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm looking at it from a military perspective where a strategy is a long term plan that typically encompasses the entire scenario, while a tactic is a short term action that is more focused towards helping bring about the strategy's success.
And your definitions are different, despite seeming similar. 'Specific end' and 'major/overall aim' can be two different things.
But yes, I am arguing semantics, since I think you douchenozzles really mean tactics instead of strategy. uhuh

It's something he actually planned out beforehand, unlike the Kabuto battle. His tactics in the Uchiha hideout fight were all geared towards pushing Sasuke to the brink. Whereas in the Kabuto fight, it was what? At worst you could say it was landing Izanami. Hardly comparable, especially since he had little to no idea what Kabuto was capable of.
This doesn't matter though. I can't recall Minato or Itachi coming up with complex plans that span a 'long' battle or battles, like Shikamaru has, in the midst of a fight to boot. The most complex strat I can think of from either of the two is the Uchiha hideout fight, and that's not saying much.
They primarily use deductions, counters based on said deductions, and hax in their fights. Ergo, tacticians.

Where Minato had the guys toss a bunch of kunai and he used FTG? I guess that could be seen as strategy; while it is a bawss one, it's hardly complex.
Compare that with an Itachi clone who had our favourite elderly kunoichi shitting her pants after he'd revealed some of his abilities to Kakashi and Naruto a few years earlier. Have to be 10x more manly than Minato to pull that strat off. 313

Sorry for the tl;dr.

exacta cool

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Sorry for the tl;dr.

Yes yes but strictly speaking military strategy is more like this or this. Where the individual approaches an entire situation and forms a sequence of events based on evidence.

Yeah but that's a strategy in the same way the rope-a-dope style of fighting is a strategy. Itachi really had no idea what Sasuke could actually do, or at least we're given little evidence that he did, so his plan basically boiled down to no-selling everything while appearing like he wasn't. And as you've said it is tenuous at best.

I agree that strictly speaking in battle one does not approach a situation with a strategy unless you're Shikamaru since he always seems to find the time. Battles simply move too fast for that. Sasuke can probably still do it since his overall goal in the Deidara fight was "disable this guy" and in battle formulated a plan to do so with careful observation but that is it. Then there is really early stuff where Naruto really did just flat out beat Zabuza through a series of motions that must be called a strategy.

But we both can agree, I hope, that PG really does want us to examine both men as tacticians.

Well beyond that he gave Kakashi a kunai which essentially allowed Minato to act as quick support to the infiltration team while also assisting the front lines. Had Minato not taken into account the danger his team would face and given Kakashi the kunai, Rin and Kakashi would have died with Obito. Actually I do wonder how Obito's arc would have gone in such a situation but that is neither here nor there.

Chiyo didn't shit herself because of Itachi but rather because she is old and she can poop whenever she wants. She considered Itachi so beneath her she didn't even bother bringing out a puppet.

Now for a good comparison between Minato and Itachi one need only look at how they handled Obito. awesome

chasedown
I say itachi wins because he could trap minato in a loop of continous FTG's trying to get thru susanoo with izanami.

Demonic Phoenix
Yes yes but strictly speaking military strategy is more like this or this. Where the individual approaches an entire situation and forms a sequence of events based on evidence.

Yeah but that's a strategy in the same way the rope-a-dope style of fighting is a strategy. Itachi really had no idea what Sasuke could actually do, or at least we're given little evidence that he did, so his plan basically boiled down to no-selling everything while appearing like he wasn't. And as you've said it is tenuous at best.

I agree that strictly speaking in battle one does not approach a situation with a strategy unless you're Shikamaru since he always seems to find the time. Battles simply move too fast for that. Sasuke can probably still do it since his overall goal in the Deidara fight was "disable this guy" and in battle formulated a plan to do so with careful observation but that is it. Then there is really early stuff where Naruto really did just flat out beat Zabuza through a series of motions that must be called a strategy.

But we both can agree, I hope, that PG really does want us to examine both men as tacticians.

Well beyond that he gave Kakashi a kunai which essentially allowed Minato to act as quick support to the infiltration team while also assisting the front lines. Had Minato not taken into account the danger his team would face and given Kakashi the kunai, Rin and Kakashi would have died with Obito. Actually I do wonder how Obito's arc would have gone in such a situation but that is neither here nor there.

Chiyo didn't shit herself because of Itachi but rather because she is old and she can poop whenever she wants. She considered Itachi so beneath her she didn't even bother bringing out a puppet.

Now for a good comparison between Minato and Itachi one need only look at how they handled Obito. awesome

Well, yeah. I never brought those up since we were talking about single fights, and how 'strategic' characters are in battle.

Actually, he probably did have a decent idea of what Sasuke could do. There was that short encounter where Sasuke blitzed one of his crow clones. The only things that caught him completely off-guard were the Tsukuyomi counter (possibly, unless he threw the Tsukuyomi intentionally like Tobi suggested vin) and Kirin's awesomeness.
There's Konan taking on Tobi as well. I think that would qualify as a strategic approach on Konan's part. Too bad she never accounted for Izanagi.
The latest chapter could be a case for Minato though. I have to look at it.

Yep.

Maybe he'd have returned to Konoha. Seeing Rin die in front of him really screwed him up.

You mean Chiyo was too scared to bring out a puppet against a 30% clone. That's why she was hanging around behind Naruto. stick out tongue

Well, Tobi was always amazed by Itachi, and was careful never to take him on. 313

alli25
although Minato's one badass ninja, I think Itachi's not someone he could deal with so easily. Just the lift of his finger and poof, genjutsu. Minato should be skilled enough to break that, but considering his genjutsus are powerful as fu.... well.. you know where i'm getting. Like what the guy said he's dangerous and with the amaterasu he might even hit Minato, that is, if he manages to. I think Minato would barely escape amaterasu since you knows it's fast. Minato's fast and all but with his normal-fast-speed which is already insanely fast, he'd barely make it out of amaterasu.

They're both dangerous ninjas, even though they don't look like it. Itachi sure is far more dangerous but this depends on who would really win a fight. They may be equals. Maybe Itachi'd lose, Maybe Minato would lose. Although Itachi has some of the most impressive techniques in the manga. It's confusing but Itachi is far more dangerous hands down no hands even lol idk i cant make up my mind DEPENDS IF THEIR ABILITIES WOULD COUNTER THE OTHER REALLY. We haven't really seen the full extent of Minato's abilities. So far we've seen him do some various sealing techniques, FLYING RAIJIN, and RASENGAN their ass. It's because he has such an advantage over his enemies with only rasengan and Flying Thunder God. Well Itachi's not a normal enemy.... so we'll just have to come up with ideas on how the fight would go. rpg or something. confused embarrasment

please forgive me senpai this is my first reply on this forum this topic was the only reason why i signed up in the first place.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by alli25
although Minato's one badass ninja, I think Itachi's not someone he could deal with so easily. Just the lift of his finger and poof, genjutsu. Minato should be skilled enough to break that, but considering his genjutsus are powerful as fu.... well.. you know where i'm getting. Like what the guy said he's dangerous and with the amaterasu he might even hit Minato, that is, if he manages to. I think Minato would barely escape amaterasu since you knows it's fast. Minato's fast and all but with his normal-fast-speed which is already insanely fast, he'd barely make it out of amaterasu.

They're both dangerous ninjas, even though they don't look like it. Itachi sure is far more dangerous but this depends on who would really win a fight. They may be equals. Maybe Itachi'd lose, Maybe Minato would lose. Although Itachi has some of the most impressive techniques in the manga. It's confusing but Itachi is far more dangerous hands down no hands even lol idk i cant make up my mind DEPENDS IF THEIR ABILITIES WOULD COUNTER THE OTHER REALLY. We haven't really seen the full extent of Minato's abilities. So far we've seen him do some various sealing techniques, FLYING RAIJIN, and RASENGAN their ass. It's because he has such an advantage over his enemies with only rasengan and Flying Thunder God. Well Itachi's not a normal enemy.... so we'll just have to come up with ideas on how the fight would go. rpg or something. confused embarrasment

please forgive me senpai this is my first reply on this forum this topic was the only reason why i signed up in the first place.

Exactly. Minato's much stronger than Itachi, but Itachi's abilities are so much more dangerous, that he would win in a fight.

The only one who's dodged Amaterasu is Raikage, and Minato had to use Hiraishin just to COMPARE to his speed. Minato without Hiraishin gets tagged indefinitely all day long by Ammy.

Anyway, Minato has the whole Hiraishin thing, but he can't beat Itachi's genjutsu, and avoid Amaterasu. That's really the combo that makes Itachi so phucking deadly, and unstoppable to non-uchiha characters.

alli25
Exactly. Minato's much stronger than Itachi, but Itachi's abilities are so much more dangerous, that he would win in a fight.

The only one who's dodged Amaterasu is Raikage, and Minato had to use Hiraishin just to COMPARE to his speed. Minato without Hiraishin gets tagged indefinitely all day long by Ammy.

Anyway, Minato has the whole Hiraishin thing, but he can't beat Itachi's genjutsu, and avoid Amaterasu. That's really the combo that makes Itachi so phucking deadly, and unstoppable to non-uchiha characters.

I think Minato was on par with 'Tobi's' speed. When they fought in Konoha they were both fast. I don't know how fast he ACTUALLY is but it said that Minato was already fast even WITHOUT the Flying Raijin. We don't exactly know how fast he is without it. Maybe we'll never even know if he's faster than Itachi. Oh and Itachi without illness? Probably faster than usual. I don't think I'm getting anywhere, I'm still in the pain arc but damn i've seen minato fight and itachi's abilities.
But seriously, we haven't seen the full extent of what Minato can do (if this was one on one combat), Itachi could've fought better without his illness, remember? His reactions AND SPEED were slower than usual.

The reason why I'm still comparing speed because if you have a technique that counters the others' speed you're already a winner.
Though Minato's reactions are probably bullet or lightning reaction. If he's fast enough to TELEPORT to another place before getting hit by A than he might get a chance to dodge one of Itachi's attacks. But if he gets burned by Amaterasu he's dead dead dead. If the flames burn his clothes then get ready for a strip tease Happy Dance
I don't think Amaterasu's dodgeable unless it's actually launched.

I think we wont know who'll really win this fight until Kishi makes it. This fight would only be unpredictable especially for us fans. But then again, like what I said earlier, RPG's good. You'll just have to think of their abilities and use their skills to their fullest.

But apparently, Itachi's amaterasu could easily beat Minato. Minato literally has no way of dodging it unless he has some sort of seal that could remove it from him.
I noticed Naruto inherited from his father to constantly use 2 techniques in battle. If you don't consider the techniques derived by the rasengan.

draxx_tOfU

Vs one another

Don't care~

Overall Effectiveness

A+

Damborgson
Think of it this way, between Itachi and Minato, who would have been the one to be more overall capable of stopping Edo Tensei? Killing the weilder isn't an option, that's where Minato just because limited. Itachi's powers however, are not. His genjutsu is so powerful that being in his presence lets him put adept sharingan users like Sasuke under multiple layers of Genjutsu, which can be followed with a Tsukuyomi.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Damborgson
Think of it this way, between Itachi and Minato, who would have been the one to be more overall capable of stopping Edo Tensei? Killing the weilder isn't an option, that's where Minato just because limited. Itachi's powers however, are not. His genjutsu is so powerful that being in his presence lets him put adept sharingan users like Sasuke under multiple layers of Genjutsu, which can be followed with a Tsukuyomi.
That would've been well and good if that actually happened in the Kabuto fight. Instead he pulled Izanami right out his ass

Damborgson
-shrug- so he has an instawin. works for me. Even if it had less build up than wolf fang over fang....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.