The Thing versus Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Specifically, John Carpenter's The Thing against Batman. Trapped inside of Arkhan's Asylum, Batman must defeat the creature who is slowly but surely using the inmates as biomass fodder. We assume Batman does not know who is infected and is not aware of the nature of his enemy. Everyone is sealed inside of the Asylum for the sake of keeping it contained. Batman's arsenal includes his standard utility belt gear, and anything he can ad hoc on site.

BruceSkywalker
which version of bats??

nolanverse loses

batman anthology prolly wins

batman animated wins

batman video game wins

COG Veteran
If he doesn't know who and how many people are The Thing, he's screwed. One cell of that creature is enough to take over a human so yeah... Bats gets turned into an imitation really quickly.

Frikcha
batman is one of the smartest and most perceptive characters in the DC universe. he has a range of weapons and gadgets at his disposal and those inmates would be no match for his martial arts skills. he also has alfred to do samples and crap and with his detective skills he could easily find all the weaknesses of the creature and exactly what it is. if kurt russell could do it i have faith in batman. batman always finds a way!

Silent Master
Movie Batman isn't really that impressive, IMO the Thing wins..

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Frikcha
batman is one of the smartest and most perceptive characters in the DC universe. he has a range of weapons and gadgets at his disposal and those inmates would be no match for his martial arts skills. he also has alfred to do samples and crap and with his detective skills he could easily find all the weaknesses of the creature and exactly what it is. if kurt russell could do it i have faith in batman. batman always finds a way!

Point is, Kurt Russell knew it came from outer space & that fact easily led him to the conclusion that it's an alien he was dealing with.

Batman, on the other hand, doesn't know of the crashed ship nor that his enemy is of alien origin. And depending on what version of Batman we're talking about, he's never encountered an alien before nor has reason to believe in them.

Frikcha
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Point is, Kurt Russell knew it came from outer space & that fact easily led him to the conclusion that it's an alien he was dealing with.

Batman, on the other hand, doesn't know of the crashed ship nor that his enemy is of alien origin. And depending on what version of Batman we're talking about, he's never encountered an alien before nor has reason to believe in them.

i think it wouldn't really matter if it was alien or not, because batman has faced some pretty weird opponents who's abilities are alien like. even if the thing was artificial or made by scientists on earth for some evil reason, batman (comic, game, some of the series) could use his noggin and his faithful butler to find out how to get rid of it. one thing i will point out though is that batman refuses to kill his enemies and you aren't really able to stop the thing if you don't, at some point, kill it. if it's infecting a human i'm not sure weather or not batman could bring himself to do it. he might actually try and cure it but i doubt it's possible. i'm going to assume batman has the balls to kill the infected, and if he did get infected he could do what he always does; hallucinate about his family and his exes then get alfred to find a way to stop the thing. you may be saying "but Frikcha, you dumbass, you just said batman probably couldn't cure it! you stupid fat loser!" ah but there's a difference between the fully infected and a person who's just been introduced to the virus. i reckon batman could get the thing out of him before it took him over. so i think most batman incarnations could beat him... but not clooney... definitely not clooney...

NemeBro
This is stacked so highly in the Thing's favor, lol.

Silent Master
Why do people keep mentioning the comic, TV or games? this is the movie forum and since we tend to use the most recent version unless stated otherwise by the OP...this is Bale Batman.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Silent Master
...this is Bale Batman.

Then Rest In Peace, I say.

Frikcha
Why do people keep mentioning the comic, TV or games? this is the movie forum and since we tend to use the most recent version unless stated otherwise by the OP...this is Bale Batman.

this forum (despite it's name) is for much more than just movies. also i'm sure the topic starter would have pointed out if he was talking about the movie exclusively.

Silent Master
From the rules thread.

8) Characters from televised movies are allowed for versus matches, but characters from an actual TV series are not allowed, since, obviously, the tv series is not a movie. Characters who have appeared on both television and on film (Star Trek, 24, etc) are allowed for versus matches. Star Trek, for example, has numerous tv shows of different franchises as well as motion pictures and it seems only fair to allow feats from both in versus matches. Remember, though: Characters who have appeared on television ONLY cannot be used in the Movie Versus Forum. That is why we have the All Versus Forum.

Based
Originally posted by NemeBro
This is stacked so highly in the Thing's favor, lol.

Yet the Batwnak will always be there.

Frikcha
From the rules thread.

8) Characters from televised movies are allowed for versus matches, but characters from an actual TV series are not allowed, since, obviously, the tv series is not a movie. Characters who have appeared on both television and on film (Star Trek, 24, etc) are allowed for versus matches. Star Trek, for example, has numerous tv shows of different franchises as well as motion pictures and it seems only fair to allow feats from both in versus matches. Remember, though: Characters who have appeared on television ONLY cannot be used in the Movie Versus Forum. That is why we have the All Versus Forum.

exactly, batman has had movies, games and TV series to. that's why i was talking about the series batman like beware the batman and also from the animated movies.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Frikcha
exactly, batman has had movies, games and TV series to. that's why i was talking about the series batman like beware the batman and also from the animated movies.

This isn't composite Batman vs the Thing, it's Bale Batman vs the Thing as unless stated otherwise by the OP, we use the most recent movie version.

Frikcha
This isn't composite Batman vs the Thing, it's Bale Batman vs the Thing as unless stated otherwise by the OP, we use the most recent movie version.

you said you TEND to use the most recent movie version... now you say we MUST? it's not very formal to point out others mistakes while you are making your own.

Bentley
Silent Master is right.

Silent Master
Next he'll be pointing out spelling, grammer or punctuation mistakes as reasons to ignore my valid point about using the most recent version of the characters.

Stealth Moose
FYI, this is Baleman. You could use other versions of movie Bats at your discretion if you feel there's a benefit over Bale.

DarkSaint85

Wouldn't that be Justice League: War Batman?

COG Veteran
Lmao at Batman fighting off Things in H2H with help of his butler while trapped in arkham and able to rid himself of the "virus" laughing out loud
Its not a virus

Frikcha
Next he'll be pointing out spelling, grammer or punctuation mistakes as reasons to ignore my valid point about using the most recent version of the characters.

Seriously? first off i know you spelled grammar wrong on purpose, i'm not stupid. and second off you need to stop being so self-contradictory. i read the "rules" you showed me and so far I've kept with them, so provide me with further rules you think i'm not following, otherwise you have no valid points. I actually don't care about this topic anymore so i'll go do other things because you're acting self-righteous and pretty cocky. have a nice day.

Psychotron
Thing wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.