Deadpool vs Edward Cullen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who win? No bfring.

FrothByte
DP may have a chance if his claws or optic blast can kill Edward. Otherwise, Edward will rip him to pieces. Kinda hard to go up against the twivamps unless you have some form of super strength or durability. Plus teleporting might not work that well against someone who has telepathy and super speed.

Lestov16
Is this Wade or Weapon XI?

Psychotron
Doesn't he have adamantium swords? He should be able to chop up Edwardo pretty quick thanks to his teleportation abilities.

FrothByte
If he can hit him then yeah... but teleporting behind someone who has telepathy and superspeed is going to be tricky.

Psychotron
He wasn't unhittable in the films and Wade was fast enough to deflect bullets with his swords.

KingD19
He was also teleporting so fast between Logan and Creed that he was basically hitting them both at the same time.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
He wasn't unhittable in the films and Wade was fast enough to deflect bullets with his swords.

He wasn't unhittable because everyone else he was fighting had some form of superspeed, even the werewolves. DP doesn't have superspeed. And while I do think DP has a chance to win this, it's more difficult for him to win than it is for Cullen.

carver9
Originally posted by FrothByte
He wasn't unhittable because everyone else he was fighting had some form of superspeed, even the werewolves. DP doesn't have superspeed. And while I do think DP has a chance to win this, it's more difficult for him to win than it is for Cullen.

Show scans of Edward being faster than bullets from a machine gun fire. Deadpool did this while at a weaker state...without the augmentation.

KingD19
He was also fast enough to see bullets in flight and cut them in mid-air with so much precision that he hit two people behind him.

Firefly218
Lol at people thinking deadpool's to slow for twilight vamp. Edward gets chopped up.

Placidity
Originally posted by carver9
Show scans of Edward being faster than bullets from a machine gun fire. Deadpool did this while at a weaker state...without the augmentation.

Doesn't mean he has superspeed.

We saw him twirling his swords at human speed, and he moved at the same speed relative to normal humans.

I don't really know how to interpret this illogical flaw in terms of physics. Guess you can go whichever way you like.

Personally, I don't think he will be quick enough.

As someone said before, its not just Edward's speed, its combined with his mind reading as well. So its a speedster with real-time precog.

Placidity
And KingD, we had this discussion before with Storm Shadow.

Didn't really finish it, but my point is there:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t577844.html

Originally posted by Placidity
But he was moving at human speed. That just means he has fast perception/good timing. Even though in reality the bullet scene doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense because:

To slice a bullet after it is fired at close range, in addition to super perception/coordination, you need super speed to raise your arm before the bullet hits you. That is the physics in real life.

In the scene, Storm Shadow doesn't need super speed to react to the bullet - why? Because the "bullet" in the scene is actually moving far slower than it would in reality.

However, you could say SS was moving at Super Speed if that is what you believe.

Psychotron
Doesn't mean he has superspeed.

We saw him twirling his swords at human speed, and he moved at the same speed relative to normal humans.

I don't really know how to interpret this illogical flaw in terms of physics. Guess you can go whichever way you like.

Personally, I don't think he will be quick enough.

As someone said before, its not just Edward's speed, its combined with his mind reading as well. So its a speedster with real-time precog.

Deadpool definitely had super speed. He couldn't have sliced that bullet if he didn't.

Placidity
Originally posted by Psychotron
Deadpool definitely had super speed. He couldn't have sliced that bullet if he didn't.

Like I said, it all depends on how you want to interpret it.

Logically, you are correct, and I said as much above. But it conflicts with what is shown on-screen. Or at least what was shown on-screen is inconclusive.

He was deflecting all the other bullets at normal human speed. He would need superspeed to do that too, but he didn't. You can't draw any definitive conclusions from the bullet slice.

Placidity
I'd further add (same point really lol) that many movies do this - they intend to portray the character with great skill, not super speed.

Of course, when we analyse it with logic, we conclude that it must be super speed, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. And of course this is true, but it is not what is clearly displayed on-screen, hence the conflict.

FrothByte
I'd further add (same point really lol) that many movies do this - they intend to portray the character with great skill, not super speed.

Of course, when we analyse it with logic, we conclude that it must be super speed, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. And of course this is true, but it is not what is clearly displayed on-screen, hence the conflict.

Well you could interpret it as the guy just being skilled enough to predict the bullet's trajectory so he can put his blade in front of the bullet. After all, a bullet travels in a straight line (dropping only due to gravity) so it's possible to predict the trajectory of a bullet.

Ridiculously good feat nonetheless, but can be interpreted as having excellent timing and skills rather than superspeed.

Silent Master
It's been awhile, but weren't his swords basically shown as a blur when he was blocking the bullets?

Mindset
Deadpool cuts Edward's head off.

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
It's been awhile, but weren't his swords basically shown as a blur when he was blocking the bullets?

Yes. You just saw blurs and sparks.

FrothByte

They were a blur in much the same way that a (human) masterswordsman swinging a sword as fast as he can would make a blur. Nothing superhuman about it IIRC.

Epicurus
Deadpool wins.

Silent Master
A master swordsman might be able to make a sword slightly blur...but Wade was doing more than just making them blur, he was blocking incoming machine gun fire and even split a bullet in two...there isn't a person alive that could match that level of speed and skill. IMO if Wade and block machine gun fire, he can easily do the same to Mr Sparklesalot.

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte

Ridiculously good feat nonetheless, but can be interpreted as having excellent timing and skills rather than superspeed.

This would be my interpretation in most cases. However, the problem is, in this particular case, Wade actually appears to see the bullet.

*** But actually, just looking at the video clip again, you might be correct after all. He sees by the reflection of his sword that someone behind is about to shoot him, then he turns around and slices it in half, and he doesn't appear to be looking exactly at the bullet like I thought.

I'm leaning more towards coordination/timing/skill now and maybe a little leeway for slightly enhanced speed (his arm still only moves as fast as Ryan Reynolds (as a human) does - but sword blur CGI conflicts this). His skill is likely similar to John Preston's in Equilibrium where he can predict bullet trajectories. Although like I said before, its still open to interpretation. I do believe though, you probably will have to want to believe Wade has super speed to interpret it as such.

FrothByte
A master swordsman might be able to make a sword slightly blur...but Wade was doing more than just making them blur, he was blocking incoming machine gun fire and even split a bullet in two...there isn't a person alive that could match that level of speed and skill. IMO if Wade and block machine gun fire, he can easily do the same to Mr Sparklesalot.

Except that a bullet, once fired, cannot change it's trajectory. Superspeed twinkly vampire can.

Like I said before, DP will probably win a few, though I think it would be wiser for him to use his optic blasts instead of the claws.

But I still see Cullen winning a slight majority.

Psychotron
Deadpool has a healing factor, teleportation, optic blasts, adamantium blades, and is fast enough to slice bullets in the air. Edward has no chance.

FrothByte
Cullen has healing factor as well, diamond-hard skin, is exponentially stronger than Cullen and is still faster.

If I were DP, my strategy would be to keep my distance and keep using my optic blasts, keep teleporting away everytime Cullen gets close.

Dramatic Gecko
Deadpool... wins... adamantium and skill is way above Edward.

IceBreaker2000
Deadpool has that skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.