Strength Ranking:DCNU IN MARVEL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Where would these chaarcters rank in the 616?

1.Apollo
2.Aquaman
3.Brutaal
4.Black Adam
5.Captain Marvel
6.H'El
7.Geo Force
8.Helspont
9 Majestic
10.Martian Manhunter
11.Orion
12.Superboy
13.Supergirl
14.Superman
15.Wonder Woman

-Pr-
How is that any different?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by -Pr-
How is that any different?

A different universe with more characters to draw a comparison.

If you put Thing in Valiant his ranking would go up for example.

-Pr-
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
A different universe with more characters to draw a comparison.

If you put Thing in Valiant his ranking would go up for example.

But you didn't include any Marvel characters to rate them against. Or are we just supposed to fill them in?

bluewaterrider
But you didn't include any Marvel characters to rate them against. Or are we just supposed to fill them in?

mmm

We're supposed to fill 'em in.

C'mon, man -- you complain about one thread giving results that are TOO predictable, and now balk at one that offers variety?

Marvel Zeus beats Apollo in strength.

World Breaker Hulk strength beats Superman strength.

I give Wonder Man Simon the nod over Aquaman.

Not sure about the rest at the moment.

Debating where Namor is relative to DCnU Aquaman.
At the time of the company crossover, Namor was the clear winner.

Now?
Not so sure ...
(Heard someone say Aquaman lifted an ocean liner or something of the like,
but that seems pretty high end given Superman and Wonder Woman took pains with an aircraft carrier ...)

I'm actually a little curious as to how this will go.

Years ago, DC would have been runaway champion in almost any strength class you examined.
I still have an almost instinctive desire to say so.
But ... that's not the reality anymore, is it?
Marvel characters have been steadily closing that gap.

Don't know if they have enough strong men and women to put them over the top yet, though ...

-Pr-
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
mmm

We're supposed to fill 'em in.

C'mon, man -- you complain about one thread giving results that are TOO predictable, and now balk at one that offers variety?

Marvel Zeus beats Apollo in strength.

World Breaker Hulk strength beats Superman strength.

I give Wonder Man Simon the nod over Aquaman.

Not sure about the rest at the moment.

Debating where Namor is relative to DCnU Aquaman.
At the time of the company crossover, Namor was the clear winner.

Now?
Not so sure ...
(Heard someone say Aquaman lifted an ocean liner or something of the like,
but that seems pretty high end given Superman and Wonder Woman took pains with an aircraft carrier ...)

I'm actually a little curious as to how this will go.

Years ago, DC would have been runaway champion in almost any strength class you examined.
I still have an almost instinctive desire to say so.
But ... that's not the reality anymore, is it?
Marvel characters have been steadily closing that gap.

Don't know if they have enough strong men and women to put them over the top yet, though ...

If we're supposed to fill em in, that's all I needed to know.

I believe Superman is the strongest hero in DC right now, but he's nowhere near WBH at all.

Thor is closer, but when it comes to strength, Marvel has the advantage due to WBH imo, and more seasoned strong guys compared to the new breed at DC.

And yes, Aquaman lifted part of an ocean liner over his head.

LordofBrooklyn
Yes, Pr, you fill in the 616 members as well.

carver9
You didn't mean to do it like that. Blue just made that rule up for you and you're going along with it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
You didn't mean to do it like that. Blue just made that rule up for you and you're going along with it.

You are an absolute IDIOT!

How would the rankings work otherwise?

You're that desperate to gain favor from Pr that you would make such an absolute ass of yourself?

bluewaterrider
Brooklyn, insults aren't necessary or called for.

erm

Carver, since when do I have any collusion with Superman fans?

And, seriously, how else would you propose a thread like this be done?

This has the makings of a good thread.
Why waste time infighting when you can match your favorites against the best of DC?
Please give the answer to whom you think might overpower whom in the following pairings:

1.Apollo versus Firelord
2.Aquaman versus Namor
3.Brutaal (Kal-el as son of Darkseid) versus Wonder Man (Simon Williams)
4.Black Adam versus Super Skrull
5.Captain Marvel versus Hyperion
6.H'El versus Gor the God Butcher
7.Geo Force (Brion Markov) versus Terrax
8.Helspont versus Gladiator
9 Majestic versus Thor
10.Martian Manhunter versus Drax the Destroyer
11.Orion versus Ares
12.Superboy versus Nova
13.Supergirl versus Captain (Carol Danvers) Marvel
14.Superman versus Sentry
15.Wonder Woman versus Power Princess

carver9
You are an absolute IDIOT!

How would the rankings work otherwise?

You're that desperate to gain favor from Pr that you would make such an absolute ass of yourself?

Lol...I'm not trying to gain favor from Pr...thats a dead road that doesn't exist. What I'm telling you is, you copied and pasted without making additional adjustments. Just thank Blue for helping you with this thread. His addition was on point.

Good job blue. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
You are correct, the insult was unnecessary.

I should've let the slight pass and not have taken the bait.

carver9
Indestructible Hulk

Superman = Thor = Blue Marvel = Sentry = Gladiator = Captain Marvel = Black Adam = Wonder Woman = Orion

Everyone else

celeyhyga17
Indestructible Hulk

Superman = Thor = Blue Marvel = Sentry = Gladiator = Captain Marvel = Black Adam = Wonder Woman = Orion

Everyone else
Hyperion > Hulk
wink

carver9
Indestructible Hulk
Hyperion

Everyone else

Forgot to add Hyperion to the list.

There he goes.

LordofBrooklyn
1.Apollo versus Firelord- Apollo wins the battle of strength here.

2.Aquaman versus Namor- This is the most interesting. Arthur has a received a significant boost. Namor has remained consistent. I'll take Arthur as stamina is on his side.

3.Brutaal (Kal-el as son of Darkseid) versus Wonder Man (Simon Williams)-Simon has the actual strength feats so I have to take him. Although, the implied power says Brutaal with ease.

4.Black Adam versus Super Skrull- The Skrull is no Ultraman, Adam receives redemption.

5.Captain Marvel versus Hyperion - The recent feat of stopping a planet at 500,000 makes him the god of strength of Marvel.

6.H'El versus Gor the God Butcher- The Butcher is humbled!

7.Geo Force (Brion Markov) versus Terrax - I'd have to say Terrax but barely.

8.Helspont versus Gladiator- Kallark, meet your better.

9 Majestic versus Thor - On panel it is the Odinson.

10.Martian Manhunter versus Drax the Destroyer- J'onn's green is stronger.

11.Orion versus Ares- First, Ares, then Hercules!

12.Superboy versus Nova- They are at similar points. I'll pick Superboy.

13.Supergirl versus Captain (Carol Danvers) Marvel- Supergirl wins even if she goes Binary.
14.Superman versus Sentry
15.Wonder Woman versus Power Princess

bluewaterrider

1. Indestructible Hulk

2. Superman = Thor = Blue Marvel = Sentry = Gladiator = Captain Marvel = Black Adam = Wonder Woman = Orion

3. Everyone else

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Hyperion > Hulk
wink

Forgot to add Hyperion to the list ...

1. Indestructible Hulk

2. Hyperion

3. Superman = Thor = Blue Marvel = Sentry = Gladiator = Captain Marvel = Black Adam = Wonder Woman = Orion

4. Everyone else

There he goes ...

laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
How is there any doubt Hyperion is number one in terms of strength?

carver9
How is there any doubt Hyperion is number one in terms of strength?

Hickman himself, the Hickman...the one who created this version of Hyperion said that Hulk is stronger.

LordofBrooklyn
Hickman himself, the Hickman...the one who created this version of Hyperion said that Hulk is stronger.

The depictions under Hickman, Hickman himself, THE Hickman say otherwise.

celeyhyga17
His stories show otherwise.
stick out tongue

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319504_Avengers_v524.NOW-024.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319505_Avengers_v524.NOW-025.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319506_Avengers_v524.NOW-026.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319509_Avengers_v524.NOW-027.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319511_Avengers_v524.NOW-028.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319514_Avengers_v524.NOW-029.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17319521_Avengers_v524.NOW-030.jpg
The planet was traveling at 500,000mph, by the way

carver9
The depictions under Hickman, Hickman himself, THE Hickman say otherwise.

It doesn't state otherwise since Hulk is the strongman of the group. Then it also helps that it has been recently stated, even while Hyperion is flying around that 'Hulk is the strongest hero in the world'.

http://postimg.org/image/iykvts2kt/

carver9
His stories show otherwise.
stick out tongue

Explain to me how Hulk is suppose to stop a moving planet. In that same comic, Hulk hit a ship the size of a continent out of orbit into another planet.

LordofBrooklyn
It doesn't state otherwise since Hulk is the strongman of the group. Then it also helps that it has been recently stated, even while Hyperion is flying around that 'Hulk is the strongest hero in the world'.

http://postimg.org/image/iykvts2kt/

The depictions STILL state otherwise.

"Strongman" must be a euphamism for something else here.

celeyhyga17
Explain to me how Hulk is suppose to stop a moving planet. In that same comic, Hulk a ship the size of a continent out of orbit into another planet.
Beats me you're the Hulk expert.

LordofBrooklyn
Explain to me how Hulk is suppose to stop a moving planet.

The Hulk isn't supposed to stop moving planets.

That's a job for strongmen like Hyperion to handle.

Now back to the rankings.

celeyhyga17
The Hulk isn't supposed to stop moving planets.

That's a job for strongmen like Hyperion to handle.

Now back to the rankings.

Lol.

-Pr-
Guys, be on topic, or you get warned.

carver9
The depictions STILL state otherwise.

"Strongman" must be a euphamism for something else here.

Lol...Hyperion doing fts that involve flight doesn't mean a thing. While Hyperion was on the battlefield, Cap admitted that theyll need Hulk to take out the Starbreaker.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449077/Avengers_v5_008-010.jpg.html

I think you know this and I've shown proof that Hulk is the strongest character on the planet...you're just trolling.

celeyhyga17
Lol...Hyperion doing fts that involve flight doesn't mean a thing. While Hyperion was on the battlefield, Cap admitted that theyll need Hulk to take out the Starbreaker.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449077/Avengers_v5_008-010.jpg.html

I think you know this and I've shown proof that Hulk is the strongest character on the planet...you're just trolling.
So what if Cap wanted more backup. What are you trying to portray with that scan?

bluewaterrider
I support Carver on this, and I can back it up with scans for a parallel case that can help develop this thread the way its supposed to go.

He's right: If you're a non-flier, you've got to have something REALLY convoluted and/or nonsensical to move something planet sized or larger.

Doesn't matter how strong you are, until you have the ability to hold your absolute position in space, you're not doing Jack.

That used to frustrate me years ago when people would claim Wonder Woman could not move something like a moon because she wasn't strong enough.

She absolutely was, she even moved planets, but it was inconceivable to people because she lacked true flight until the 1980s.

Then I discovered Wondy's Golden Age run.
And discovered that writers of her era solved the problem of how she could move planets without possessing flight.
They let her plane act as the position-holding platform she needed for her feats, and away she went ...

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2i1e144.jpg

Hulk can't fairly be penalized for not being a flier.

celeyhyga17
I support Carver on this, and I can back it up with scans for a parallel case that can help develop this thread the way its supposed to go.

He's right: If you're a non-flier, you've got to have something REALLY convoluted and/or nonsensical to move something planet sized or larger.

Doesn't matter how strong you are, until you have the ability to hold your absolute position in space, you're not doing Jack.

That used to frustrate me years ago when people would claim Wonder Woman could not move something like a moon because she wasn't strong enough.

She absolutely was, she even moved planets, but it was inconceivable to people because she lacked true flight until the 1980s.

Then I discovered Wondy's Golden Age run.
And discovered that writers of her era solved the problem of how she could move planets without possessing flight.
They let her plane act as the position-holding platform she needed for her feats, and away she went ...

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2i1e144.jpg

Hulk can't fairly be penalized for not being a flier.
Good for you, but who's penalizing Hulk for his inability to fly?

bluewaterrider
Good for you, but who's penalizing Hulk for his inability to fly?

Assuming that planet-stopping feat of Hyperion's, shown above, was, indeed written by Jonathan Hickman?

Probably anybody who says Hickman's Hulk must of necessity be weaker than Hickman's Hyperion because Hickman's Hulk doesn't have a planet moving feat.

Comic Book Resources Thread: Avengers: Jonathan Hickman Q+A
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Out of all the revealed members of your Avengers who is the overall strongest?Hyperion?Captain Universe?

Isn't it locked in that Hulk is the strongest, full stop?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?434524-Avengers-Jonathan-Hickman-Q-A&p=16244371&viewfull=1#post16244371

celeyhyga17
Assuming that planet-stopping feat of Hyperion's, shown above, was, indeed written by Jonathan Hickman?

Probably anybody who says Hickman's Hulk must of necessity be weaker than Hickman's Hyperion because Hickman's Hulk doesn't have a planet moving feat.

Was just simply showing an incredible feat of strength s'all... Wasn't saying Hulk can't do something similar.

carver9
So what if Cap wanted more backup. What are you trying to portray with that scan?

That Hulk strength is what changed that battle into their favor while attacks from the others were being tanked.

celeyhyga17
That Hulk strength is what changed that battle into their favor while attacks from the others were being tanked.
No.

carver9
Was just simply showing an incredible feat of strength s'all... Wasn't saying Hulk can't do something similar.

Hulk punching through time, changing all the events in the world piss on planet busting/pushing.

carver9
No.

It didn't?

Nice showing for Hulk.

Beastly scene and this also shows a display of super speed. I think Marvel has officially decided to make Hulk a speedster.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449075/Avengers_v5_008-008.jpg.html

After being BFRed, Hulk is tossed back to Earth and he temporarily koes a STARBRAND user.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449080/Avengers_v5_008-012.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449081/Avengers_v5_008-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449083/Avengers_v5_008-014.jpg.html

On the ground for a while, hand over face, body limp.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449084/Avengers_v5_008-015.jpg.html

Let's not forget, this user withstood an attack from Thor and said he barely felt it.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15449079/Avengers_v5_008-011.jpg.html

Good showing Hickman.

The Avengers was getting stomped before Hulk dived bombed him.

celeyhyga17
Hulk punching through time, changing all the events in the world piss on planet busting/pushing.
I sense a tinge of butthurt.

Aren't you a Hyperion sycophant? Why so defensive?

carver9
I sense a tinge of butthurt.

Aren't you a Hyperion sycophant? Why so defensive?

Lol...I'm not being defensive, just debating and speaking the truth and yes, I like both Hyperion and Hulk but I know Hulk is stronger.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It didn't?

The Avengers was getting stomped before Hulk dived bombed him.

I'm sorry Carver but what?

Based on what did you come to the conclusion that he knocked out Starbrand? Looked more like he momentarily stunned him.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm sorry Carver but what?

Based on what did you come to the conclusion that he knocked out Starbrand? Looked more like he momentarily stunned him.

Yeah, it was a stun.

celeyhyga17
Yeah, it was a stun.
So Hulk did not single handedly turn the tide.

Gotcha.

-Pr-
Feats on panel > writer statements.

carver9
So Hulk did not single handedly turn the tide.

Gotcha.

He stunned him...did something the entire team didn't come close to doing. He then lifted him off the ground and held him place so that the others can attack.

bluewaterrider
Feats on panel > writer statements.

Even so,

1) it was right to post in defense of that argument,
for it IS unfair to penalize Hulk for not being able to fly,

2) that DOES parallel the case of pre-1980s Wonder Woman
(though I'm really hoping Hulk is NOT made into a flying character anytime soon),

3) Hickman DID suggest Hulk is the strongest member of his Avengers team, including Hyperion, and that message deserved to be posted to prove as much,

and,

4) there's little if any reason to think Hyperion is stronger than Hulk when Hickman's writing him.

Having said all that: That is an amazing feat.

I thought the Superman "Earth Bench" affair was the benchmark for strong heroes till today.
Stopping an Earth-sized planet moving at speed, though???

That's probably the greatest "objectively" rate-able thing I've seen a Marvel character do.

How in the world did I miss SEEING this till now?
What title and issue number cover that story? confused

celeyhyga17
He stunned him...did something the entire team didn't come close to doing. He then lifted him off the ground and held him place so that the others can attack.
First... He was casually punted out of the planet by accident(by Starbrand).

Second... Thor did more by himself with a hammer throw. Emphasis on himself.

Third... The result of Hulk's comeback attack benefitted from him being thrown by Captain Marvel from the damned atmosphere.

Fourth... Lifting him off the ground for the briefest of moments while stunned is nothing impressive. The next few panels show the whole team had already regrouped and were virtually on top of him. His eventual retaliation was waylaid by Nightmask's appearance.

In short, you are exaggerating Hulk's appearance in that issue. Out of all the things you could have plucked from, you chose to portray something that doesn't even remotely parallel your idea of Hulk being the strongest.

carver9
First... He was casually punted out of the planet by accident(by Starbrand).

Second... Thor did more by himself with a hammer throw. Emphasis on himself.

Third... The result of Hulk's comeback attack benefitted from him being thrown by Captain Marvel from the damned atmosphere.

Fourth... Lifting him off the ground for the briefest of moments while stunned is nothing impressive. The next few panels show the whole team had already regrouped and were virtually on top of him. His eventual retaliation was waylaid by Nightmask's appearance.

In short, you are exaggerating Hulk's appearance in that issue. Out of all the things you could have plucked from, you chose to portray something that doesn't even remotely parallel your idea of Hulk being the strongest.

Lol...Stsrbrand said he didn't even feel Thor attack. He was clearly stunned when Hulk pounded him (and he heard it coming).

Lol at Captain Marvel throwing Hulk back to earth having any type of results with Hulks attack. How else was he getting back to the planet? She didn't have a thing to do with that, it was more on Hulk strength.

It's not the lifting part that's impressive, it's Hulk stunning him while the team couldnt do a thing to him.

Naah, you are just ignoring.l hulk showings. You're discrediting his ft as well.

celeyhyga17
Lol...Stsrbrand said he didn't even feel Thor attack. He was clearly stunned when Hulk pounded him (and he heard it coming).

Lol at Captain Marvel throwing Hulk back to earth having any type of results with Hulks attack. How else was he getting back to the planet? She didn't have a thing to do with that, it was more on Hulk strength.

It's not the lifting part that's impressive, it's Hulk stunning him while the team couldnt do a thing to him.

Naah, you are just ignoring.l hulk showings. You're discrediting his ft as well.
Wrong.
You keep bringing up the word "team", but Hulk's stunning of Starbrand is the very essence of teamwork.
I mean come on.. CM's rendition of the fastball special and Hulk being chucked from the atmosphere is being overlooked here.

If anyone here is discrediting feats, it's you.

carver9
Wrong.
You keep bringing up the word "team", but Hulk's stunning of Starbrand is the very essence of teamwork.
I mean come on.. CM's rendition of the fastball special and Hulk being chucked from the atmosphere is being overlooked here.

If anyone here is discrediting feats, it's you.

Thor threw Mjlonir at Starbrand and it didn't do anything. Are you saying Thor arm + Mjlonir is weaker than Captain Marvel? Captain Marvel tossing Hulk back onto the planet doesn't mean anything. My bad, it does mean something. Means that Hulk needed a way back to earth.

celeyhyga17
Thor threw Mjlonir at Starbrand and it didn't do anything. Are you saying Thor arm + Mjlonir is weaker than Captain Marvel? Captain Marvel tossing Hulk back onto the planet doesn't mean anything. My bad, it does mean something. Means that Hulk needed a way back to earth.
Again you conveniently omit key particulars that I've emphasized more than once.

a. He was thrown by CM.
b. He was thrown from the atmosphere.

carver9
Again you conveniently omit key particulars that I've emphasized more than once.

a. He was thrown by CM.
b. He was thrown from the atmosphere.

And Hulk strength played the major part in that ft.

thumb up

Branlor Swift
A fastball special is entirely Wolverine's feat judging from carver.

A nigh cheap shot is the deciding factor as well

carver9
Her heard him coming and seen him when he looked up.

celeyhyga17
Her heard him coming and seen him when he looked up.
For like half a second.

carver9
For like half a second.

So now you're changing your stance? He didn't see Mjlonir being thrown at him either. He seen it coming, he was even in a different stance when he looked up at Hulk. It's not like Hulk was hiding his attack, he screamed the entire way and Starbrand heard it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
A fastball special is entirely Wolverine's feat judging from carver.

What is wrong with that logic?

Carver can't possibly be wrong.

celeyhyga17
So now you're changing your stance? He didn't see Mjlonir being thrown at him either. He seen it coming, he was even in a different stance when he looked up at Hulk. It's not like Hulk was hiding his attack, he screamed the entire way and Starbrand heard it.
How is that changing a stance?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.