Dante (DMC4) vs Senator Armstrong (MGRR)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
wow, it's been a long time since I've been here... same goes for everyone else too... well, here's to hoping this might get some attention.

DMC4 Dante takes on the powerful senator from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. he gets Rebellion, Ebony/Ivory, and Gilgamesh. DT as well, but only as last resort.

how does this go?

Demonic Phoenix
Dante gets punted into the stratosphere. He can't f*** with the Senator.

StealthRanger
Armstrong wins with some difficulty due to superior strength and DC and whatnot

BloodRain
Nah, the only win would come from Dante **** with the senator. Which, as per his campaign slogan, you do not do.

danteiscool
huh. interesting opinions so far. can't Dante cut Armtstrong's skin at least, since two of you think Dante is pretty much screwed?

StealthRanger
Well Dante and Raiden are about on par and Raiden's swings were incapable of harming Armstrong

Also, never said a stomp, just he loses

BloodRain
It was only null at the start. After the literal kick the dog moment Raidan was able to start bringing Armstrong down bare handed before slicing him up.

danteiscool
StealthRanger: my bad, read your comment wrong somehow.

and yeah, I noticed that too. and personally I think Dante is physically a bit stronger than Raiden due to his feat of holding the dead weight of the Savior without too much visible effort, so he should have a bit of an easier time actually cutting Armstrong. and DT should definitely give him an edge in this fight too.

BloodRain
Originally posted by BloodRain
It was only null at the start. After the literal kick the dog moment Raidan was able to start bringing Armstrong down bare handed before slicing him up.

Raiden matched and defeated Armstrong. Armstrong had the physical edge, notable but not some tremendous one as Raiden could still block them, even counter thrown punches with his own blows. Varying from that to Armstrong taking greater control. It was having greater durability to his strength that was the main issue, something Jack still got past. Speed and skill gave Jack that edge to counter here.

Now if Dante is stronger and faster than Raiden...

danteiscool
iirc, it would seem like Dante is superior to Raiden, at least in physical strength. and even if not, DT should do the trick. speedwise, though, I'm not sure; Dante in DMC4 is calced to be at least Mach 20 and I'm not sure how fast Raiden is in MGRR, so Armstrong could potentially easily keep up with Dante...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.