Test of Instructors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Rank the following in terms of effectiveness as instructors in the ways of the Force and in combat. For the purpose of the thread, assume that each is mentoring the same student, and the teacher's methods determine the effectiveness of that student.

The student is Anakin Skywalker, as of TPM.

1. Yoda (directly)
2. Dooku
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Mace
5. Sidious
6. Luke Skywalker (as of current, not OT Luke)
7. Vitiate
8. Bane
9. Meetra Surik
10. Revan

Please give reasons why.

Intrepid37
Qui-Gon stomps.

Stealth Moose
Lol.

"Anakin, I'm an outcast. You can have personal loyalty to me."

"K. Let's go find strippers".

"Good call!"

Intrepid37
Anakin in TPM was very impacient and seemed annoyed just looking at the Jedi Council, while he was good friends with Qui-Gon.

Stealth Moose
I think that's true. He is driven by personal relationships, not ideals. What about the others?

Intrepid37
Vitiate taking Anakin as his student would be pretty damn funny.

SIDIOUS 66
Kind of hard to compare a dark side instructor to a light side instructor, as the dark side and the methods in which one is trained as a dark sider usually allows a force user to reach his potential at a quicker rate.

Stealth Moose
The mindset of the student though is the dependent variable though, so would Vitiate, the impersonal, otherworldly, self-centered Emperor be a good instructor versus say, Mace Windu?

ares834
Yeah, the thing with the Sith (with the possible exception of Bane) is they aren't going to teach their students everything.

SIDIOUS 66
Who has Vitiate instructed in the ways of the force and what were his methods. Did he even directly train anyone?

Nephthys
Yes.

Then he tried to kill her just cuz.

Stealth Moose
Exal kressh?

SIDIOUS 66
Who?

Nyriss?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Exal kressh?

Yep.

Stealth Moose
Alright, so I'd like to change the thread a little. Specifically, this is what I had in mind:

NEW STUFF OMG BOLD TEXT

I would like individual members here to choose 1-2 mentors and write up a piece detailing how they think the training would go.

The piece can be in the form of a training session, a conflict, whatever dramatic presentation the individual feels would best showcase how Anakin would develop and perform under this new master.

Then, when a few have been posted, compare and contrast them.

The idea is to make this more of a creative outlet, and to help kill timesocialize on the subject.

Q99
Luke'd be a good one. He has a lot of experience on people falling, nearly falling, and attachments, and can give a lot more practical advice on the subject than Yoda, Mace, Kenobi, or even Qui-gon could.

Galan007
Dooku.

JediMaster115
1. Yoda would probably be too strict with Anakin.

2. Anakin might end up killing Dooku like he did in ROTS.

3. Aside from Obi-Wan, Anakin seemed to have a better relationship with Qui-Gon. I wouldn't be surprised if Qui-Gon was the one responsible for turning Darth Vader good again during Episode VI while Vader was contemplating on what to do while the Imperials were taking his son to the Emperor. I also tend to think that Qui-Gon had a sense of what would happen in Anakin's future as Darth Vader, but accepted that it would happen.

Had Qui-Gon Jinn been Anakin's master from then on, I think things would have been a bit different. But I do suspect that Anakin still would have went Dark Side anyway, but not of his own doing.

4. Mace Windu....hmm. Well for one thing, Mace was always a bit too wary and mistrustful towards Anakin, even when he was just a Padawan. Also, Mace is one serious Jedi. If anything, Anakin would probably go Dark Side because of him if he was under Mace's tutelage.

5. Sidious. Well, we did have something of a glimpse of the relationship between the two as adults. Young Anakin and Darth Sidious.... could be interesting. I think how it would play out is that Sidious reveals to Anakin that Darth Plagieus and himself created Anakin and Anakin becomes Darth Vader at a very early age and eventually kills Sidious, as is the way of the Sith.

6. Luke Skywalker? Hmm... sounds rather conflicting, if you ask me. Not sure why though. Maybe because they're family.

Q99
Luke feels surprisingly warmly about his dad, despite their issues.

Darth Banus
Bane.

Totally dedicated to the cause of the Sith, almost monk like in this regard. Would not hold Annie Back on any level & has a lot to teach.

Wouldn't tolerate any of Annie's bitching, whipping him back into line when required kind of like the military version of a Sith apprenticeship.

In my opinion Zannah wouldn't have been so powerful if it wasn't for his excellent tutelage.

I see Bane bringing the best of the dark-side out of him & being one of the best personality's to keep teenage Annie in check.

I think on the light side the best would be Yoda, again wouldn't put up with any shit and would sense when he is off center.

Don't know enough about - Meetra Surik, Revan, Vitiate or Luke after the OT to comment.

Raptor22
For the light side Id say Luke, his overall knowledge of both sides is probably as good as anyone and his views on allowing love and attachment would fit anakin well. And he is more than powerful enough to keep anakins attitude of I'm more powerful than u why should I listen to u in check.

For the dark side for pure effectiveness I'd say Bane. Bane is more of a cold blooded assassin get the job done type of teacher, vitate and palpatine more along the lines of a genius serial killer. Banes student would probably get the job done and get out while palpatines would try to savor their victory and get cut in half, or revel in torturing someone and end up getting thrown down a huge shaft.

Raptor22
On second thought it might be a little strange for Luke to be training anakin while at the same time the past version of himself is living in anakins ball pouch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.