Nihilus versus Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Takes place in The Valley of the Dark Lords.

Nephthys
........ Eh?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004060729/5154615867_shrugging_pinkie_pie_xlarge.png

Iunno.

Intrepid37
The Valley is located on Korriban, yes?

red8
Nihilus munches on Vitiate and all of the Sith spirits.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Intrepid37
The Valley is located on Korriban, yes?

As opposed to Tatooine bro.

Also, I reckon that in terms of Force nom, Nihilus has the serious edge. I don't know that Vitiate can muster a mighty enough defense, remembering the quickness and viciousness at Katarr.

Based
Nihilus easily.

Intrepid37
Is there any reason to believe that Nihilus is not susceptible to to Vitiate's mind powers and Vitiate to Nihilus' Drain?

Stealth Moose
Vitiate might have a defense, but Nihilus is a shell, not a man. Unknown of his mind powers would affect Nihilus.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Unknown of his mind powers would affect Nihilus.
If not, then I would bet on Nihilus. Vitiate would try and dominate Nihilus' mind, which, if unsuccessful, whould give Nihilus enough time to simply drain Vitiate's life force.

Stealth Moose
Given that Vitiate's drain isn't shown to be instantaneous, Nihilus already has a big advantage. It's more a question of 'Can Vitiate even attempt to block it", and if he can't, nom nom.

Nephthys
Vitiate might have a defense, but Nihilus is a shell, not a man. Unknown of his mind powers would affect Nihilus.

Nihilus is still capable of speech and conscious thought. He's still got a mind. He created a holocron, for instance.

Stealth Moose
That simply proves he's sentient. He is literally an essence bound to his mask and robes, so it may be that he lacks a conventional physical mind. If Vitiate can mentally dominate spirits then this isn't a concern.

S_W_LeGenD

Based
That doesn't prove anything.

Stealth Moose
It doesn't. Nihilus ate the entire planet in orbit, with what looked like a handful of seconds to a minute's duration, if that. The surface is visibly damaged, the attack is so powerful.

Unless you're arguing Nihilus is weakened and Vitiate is a wound, a la Exile v. Nihilus.

Nephthys
In Unseen, Unheard a rough estimate is that Nihilus' attack took about an hour. Since Visas' narration right before the attack said that everyone would be dead in under an hour.

I would argue that Vitiate likely is a wound, given his almost identical nature to Nihilus.

That simply proves he's sentient. He is literally an essence bound to his mask and robes, so it may be that he lacks a conventional physical mind. If Vitiate can mentally dominate spirits then this isn't a concern.

He almost certainly can, given that he suppressed the spirits in the Dark Temple as well as drained them of their force knowledge.

Stealth Moose
Ah, good point about the Dark Temple. Vitiate might actually be one of the few who could stand up to Nihilus then.

NemeBro
Nihilus wins for two reasons:

A. He operates on a scale Vitiate has not been shown to.

B. Vitiate is a terrible character, a worse atrocity against mankind than the Black Plague.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NemeBro

B. Vitiate is a terrible character, a worse atrocity against mankind than the Black Plague.

Don't hate the player, hate the game, son.

Petrus
I would think Vitiate has knowledge of a defensive attack to stop Nihilus's drain should he attempt to drain him instantly. 'Tis something I cannot prove, tho. But Vitiate's power and knowledge are both immense; I just don't buy that Nihilus would simply come and drain the shit out of him like he was fodder.

Based
Originally posted by Petrus
I would think Vitiate has knowledge of a defensive attack to stop Nihilus's drain should he attempt to drain him instantly. 'Tis something I cannot prove, tho. But Vitiate's power and knowledge are both immense; I just don't buy that Nihilus would simply come and drain the shit out of him like he was fodder.

..Well that was the basis of the KOTOR camp when Nihilius' or Kreia's drain was used in debates. Now that it's TOR doesn't mean it became less effective even if it's still h4x.

Unless someone proves that Vitiate is a force wound then he's fodderizied.

Stealth Moose
Vitiate makes wounds. I'm not sure that he is one, tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Based
That doesn't prove anything.
Why not?

A. Vitiate operated on Galactic scale actually.

B. Vitiate is good addition in the mythos, a new heavyweight of the ancient lore. SWTOR links several stories with each other.

Originally posted by Based
..Well that was the basis of the KOTOR camp when Nihilius' or Kreia's drain was used in debates. Now that it's TOR doesn't mean it became less effective even if it's still h4x.

Unless someone proves that Vitiate is a force wound then he's fodderizied.
Vitiate is not a biological being, he is an entity who exists within others. He uses hosts to project his power beyond the limits of living beings.

Vitiate had been through Nathema episode which is very similar to what Nihilus can churn out.

Face it, Nihilus is most likely outgunned here. Vitiate is exception to the norm.

NemeBro
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

A. Vitiate operated on Galactic scale actually.

You're being disingenuous if you think I was speaking in terms of the threat their respective forces posed. Vitiate's effective power in all ways except foresight and maybe telepathy are not galactic in scale.

Vitiate is a bad character in a bad game. thumb up

ares834
Vitiate is a bad character in a bad game. thumb up

thumb up

Nephthys
Swtors a good game, plebs.

S_W_LeGenD
You're being disingenuous if you think I was speaking in terms of the threat their respective forces posed. Vitiate's effective power in all ways except foresight and maybe telepathy are not galactic in scale.
I am also referring to power of each character.

That whole "Children" stuff is a projection of Vitiate's own power on galactic scale. Children are/were not dark side practitioners themselves, they are/were a manifestation of Vitiate's own power; Vitiate telepathically controlled hundreds of individuals across the galaxy, created dark personas of each and granted them special capabilities. Supernatural stuff, I know.

In-fact, Vitiate telepathically taunted HoT from across the breath of galaxy at one point, some others as well.

I am not sure what foresight have to do with this? Vitiate could foresee visions of the future events like a Jedi trained in these matters.

NewGuy01
I'd still like to know why Visas was able to survive Nihilus's world-feast.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Swtors a good game, plebs. Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'd still like to know why Visas was able to survive Nihilus's world-feast.

The implication is he wanted her to survive for some reason, so he could use her.

KingD19
He spared Visas so she could be his apprentice. Maybe he wanted a witness of his power or something. But make no mistake, if he hadn't wanted her to live, she wouldn't have.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Takes place in The Valley of the Dark Lords.

Nihilus eats Vitiate for breakfast.

Based
Why not?

lol

Originally posted by Nalaniel
Nihilus eats Vitiate for breakfast.

thumb up

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

This, Nihilus.

S_W_LeGenD

Stealth Moose

S_W_LeGenD
How is that wrong? Nothing in that passage precludes the possibility that the only reason she survived a planet-wide drain which left visible chunks missing from the surface was precisely because he allowed it.
Revelation from SWTOR doesn't validates your statement, it implies that Marr somehow survived and this was not intentional development.

Why would Nihilus bother saving some random individual while targeting the entire planet? He didn't knew Marr or had any feelings for her.

The event shows that his powers aren't infallible.

Stealth Moose
Revelation from SWTOR doesn't validates your statement, it implies that Marr somehow survived and this was not intentional development.

Why would Nihilus bother saving some random individual while targeting the entire planet? He didn't knew Marr or had any feelings for her.

The event shows that his powers aren't infallible.

This is why you're wrong.

S_W_LeGenD
This is why you're wrong.
The comic Unseen Unheard presents the perspective of Visas Marr, nothing concrete. She is depicted trying to make sense of what happened in her own context.

From same comic:

"As the Miraluka see the life through the Force, we can see death as well."

The final revelation is metaphoric.

Stealth Moose
The comic Unseen Unheard presents the perspective of Visas Marr, nothing concrete. She is depicted trying to make sense of what happened in her own context.

From same comic:

"As the Miraluka see the life through the Force, we can see death as well."

The final revelation is metaphoric.

So because the available evidence of the subject in question doesn't match your bias, you disregard it?

Okay.

The_Tempest
I propose a new drinking game: Every time Moose posts the word bias, take a shot.

Stealth Moose
I'll present an alternative drinking game: Every time a KMC member disregards valid evidence in favor of an alternative interpretation designed to champion their own narrow bias, take a shot.

We'd all be pumping our stomachs within the hour.

The_Tempest
I'm pumping something other than my stomach as we speak. shifty

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm pumping something other than my stomach as we speak. shifty

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ohhh-myyyy.gif

The_Tempest
Iron.

I was pumping iron, you perv. uhuh

Nephthys
I think I just pumped something all over my hands.

The_Tempest
Probably not iron.

Stealth Moose
I think I just pumped something all over my hands.

Hot.

The_Tempest
Speaking of drinking, I've been to more bars and consumed more alkyhall in the past 3 months than in the past 3 years.

Stealth Moose
I've never drank at a bar. I've drank in restaurants (always within walking distance) and elsewhere, but never straight up at a bar.

For one, I can never figure out a way to get to a bar without driving and therefore, it removes the allure.

The_Tempest
I'm usually surrounded by henchmen and an assortment of designated drivers. Otherwise, like you, I wouldn't go.

Nephthys
I've never been to a bar to drink in my life. Probably because I can't stand the taste of booze.

Stealth Moose
I've never been to a bar to drink in my life. Probably because I can't stand the taste of booze.

Not even those fruity girl drinks?

Nephthys
Eh, I guess. I'd prefer a coke and I can drink one at home without the silly price.

Stealth Moose
Weaksauce.

The_Tempest

Stealth Moose
I drink most liquor straight, but I prefer beer because it's often kinder to my body as I age. Gone are the days when I could drink a fifth and go to work the next day.

psmith81992
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X13W7ZkBCOI/UZ__b1wPAyI/AAAAAAAADI0/bKijcfFD8uM/s640/attention-deficit-disorder.jpg

This is you ****ers in a nutshell.

Stealth Moose
That cat is the avatar of adorable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.