Mephisto vs Gorr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Fight in Mephs realm

1.Standard Gorr

2.Gorr at his peak

Who wins ?

janus77
Mephisto.

Held Galactus back for a bit, more than anything I can see Gorr doing.

guy222
Agreed. Mephisto should b written to his peak

Damborgson
Meph

JuggernautMania
Mephisto

Stoic
If Mephisto is made of similar stuff as all of the deities, he loses here, due mostly to weakness exploitation. Galactus is not the same as Mephisto, and Gorr may be his silver bullet, while not being Galactus'. The two may be near equals (Galactus and Mephisto) while facing each other but less so when facing a completely different power set.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
If Mephisto is made of similar stuff as all of the deities, he loses here, due mostly to weakness exploitation. Galactus is not the same as Mephisto, and Gorr may be his silver bullet, while not being Galactus'. The two may be near equals (Galactus and Mephisto) while facing each other but less so when facing a completely different power set.

This

guy222
Mephisto isn't a God though

zopzop
How does Gorr lose?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by guy222

Kinda

Damborgson
He doesn't have to be. Gorr isn't god kryptonite, he just happens to have a taste for killing gods. He'd violate non gods too I just think Mephisto might have too large an advantage in his own realm.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by guy222

Yeah, he really shouldn't count as one.

He's just a hell lord that loves to pretend to be *the* devil.

guy222
Truth

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, he really shouldn't count as one.

He's just a hell lord that loves to pretend to be *the* devil.

Iirc wasnt he one of the elder gods who became demons?

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Yes he was, and Atum came for them all in that comic from what I recall. However retcons exist, so I'm not too sure about it's canon today.

celeyhyga17
Pretty sure Gorr killed hell lords too. Then again they're not Mephisto.

operator616
Yes he was, and Atum came for them all in that comic from what I recall. However retcons exist, so I'm not too sure about it's canon today.

Mephisto wasn't among the elder gods whom Atum/Demogorge slaughtered (also, the Atum slaughtering was told across several titles, not just one comic).

After Atum destroyed the elder gods, a concentration of evil remained; which was shaped by human worshipers into Mephisto and the others. This was told in Dr Strange Sorcerer Supreme series:

http://i.imgur.com/Coiq3dZ.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/xBRUF3E.jpg?1

One from the main series, the other one is from an Annual.

Although, it should be noted that Satannish's origins would be later retconned in Hellcat. Which would reveal that Satannish is actually a creation of Dormammu; Mephisto and Satannish aren't part of the same "primal evil" as was believed to be in Dr Strange v3 #8.

zopzop
Atum already killed Mephisto and crew in that Thor Annual.

operator616
^ Is that comment directed at me? Because you and i both know that it bears no relevance regarding Mephisto's origins.

Yes, Atum defeated Mephisto and the other hell lords in that same comic (if you're going by Thor Annual v1 #10, as opposed to Silver Surfer Annual v3 #2)....but it has nothing to do with the origins of the elder gods. It was a separate story (im sure you know this, just so that everybody else doesn't get confused).

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't Satannish created by Dormammu?

zopzop
Retcons on top of retcons on top of retcons... LOL.

But yeah, you're right. That's the most recent version of his origin.

operator616

Originally posted by operator616

Although, it should be noted that Satannish's origins would be later retconned in Hellcat. Which would reveal that Satannish is actually a creation of Dormammu; Mephisto and Satannish aren't part of the same "primal evil" as was believed to be in Dr Strange v3 #8.

Hellcat #2 reveals that he's a creation of Dormammu:

http://i.imgur.com/sJ68Q8E.jpg?1

Next issue retcons Dr Strange v3 #8, where it was believed that Satannish and Mephisto where part of the same "primal evil":

http://i.imgur.com/ZLmH0bx.jpg?1

That's what was stated in the Dr strange issue:

http://i.imgur.com/Txa2B6Y.jpg

Weird thing is though, that Satannish's 2005 bio still has his origins as being associated with that primal evil (even though the retcon happened in 2000).

Epicurus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nope, he was one of the flawed creations of the entity from which the Infinity Gems were forged.

operator616
Originally posted by Epicurus
Nope, he was one of the flawed creations of the entity from which the Infinity Gems were forged.

True that (i forgot about this, actually), although that was in 1991 (Silver Surfer v3 #44/45), as you know. My scans are more recent, and they're confirmed more than once.

Also, as i recall, Mephisto and the others were present before Nemesis' suicide.

Rage.Of.Olympus

We saw that Gorr was targeting "Kings of Hell" as well. He killed every kind of God possible, including Death Gods IIRC. Not that it matters as Gorr isn't Kryptonite to Gods or whatever, I have no idea where the idea even came from. It'd be like saying Superman uses weakness exploitation to beat Apollo.

I think the arc made it pretty damn clear that Mephisto, whatever realm he's in, would have gotten raped by Gorr.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
We saw that Gorr was targeting "Kings of Hell" as well. He killed every kind of God possible, including Death Gods IIRC. Not that it matters as Gorr isn't Kryptonite to Gods or whatever, I have no idea where the idea even came from. It'd be like saying Superman uses weakness exploitation to beat Apollo.

I think the arc made it pretty damn clear that Mephisto, whatever realm he's in, would have gotten raped by Gorr. It's some bullshit people use to discredit Gorr because either they don't like him or they don't like how powerful Thor was portrayed in that arc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.