Robotcop(reboot) vs Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
who would win?

The Terminator along with Sarah Connor and John Connor are inside the cyberdyne building setting up charges to blow up the building and any evidence of the future technology.

Robocop is sent in to stop them as he arrives to see the Terminator using a gatling gun and switching over to grenade launchers.

Robocop scans the terminator in infrared mode and sees that he is not human.

The Terminator looks down at him and immediately recognizes him as a cybernetic system.

The Terminator's mission is to protect John and Sarah Connor and prevent it from entering the building. He heads down to the lobby to cut off Robocop.

Robocop's imperative is to bring the fugitive Sarah Connor and her son into custody Dead or Alive.

Robocop: Dead or Alive, They're coming with me, Creep.

Terminator: Sarah and John Connor must live.

Cd8zad4ZC3U

http://d3a97q7gck24ak.cloudfront.net/Awesome%20shots/terminator-2-james-cameron.gif

Robtard
Terminator with relative ease. This new Robo isn't a tank like the original

jinXed by JaNx
I wouldn't call the original version of Robocop a tank either. He was susceptible to small arms fire as well. Didn't a squad of police officers nearly kill him? Either way i think the newer version of Robocop has a great chance given his agility. Both Robocop and the Terminator have inconsistent feats of durability. At one moment the Terminator seems nearly indestructible and the next it's being blown apart by a low grade homemade explosive. The same goes for Robocop, one moment he seems impervious to all sorts of munitions and explosives and the next he's being held at bay and at times nearly killed by small caliber rounds. I think physically the Terminator is more powerful and more durable but if Robocop can out maneuver the Terminator i think his armor and agility will win. If the terminator gets ahold of Robocop it's over though

ericebutuoy
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Synopsis (staragra.com)
Nearly 10 years have passed since Sarah Connor was targeted for termination by a cyborg from the future. Now her son, John, the future leader of the resistance, is the target for a newer, more deadly terminator. Once again, the resistance has managed to send a protector back to attempt to save John and his mother Sarah.

'It's nothing personal.'

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I wouldn't call the original version of Robocop a tank either. He was susceptible to small arms fire as well. Didn't a squad of police officers nearly kill him? Either way i think the newer version of Robocop has a great chance given his agility. Both Robocop and the Terminator have inconsistent feats of durability. At one moment the Terminator seems nearly indestructible and the next it's being blown apart by a low grade homemade explosive. The same goes for Robocop, one moment he seems impervious to all sorts of munitions and explosives and the next he's being held at bay and at times nearly killed by small caliber rounds. I think physically the Terminator is more powerful and more durable but if Robocop can out maneuver the Terminator i think his armor and agility will win. If the terminator gets ahold of Robocop it's over though

IIRC he was badly damaged by ED-209 before that and even when they were firing at him I don't think they were hurting him. He just couldn't get up and walk away due to the prior beating and he couldn't and wouldn't fight back against the cops.

Robtard

It took thousands of sustained armor-piercing rounds to cause some damage to 87' Robocop.

By Robocop 2, he can fall off a skyscrapper and be alright.

Estacado
Arnie is too slow to tag Robocop but I dont see Murphy doing any damage.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Estacado
Arnie is too slow to tag Robocop but I dont see Murphy doing any damage. thumb up

Kazenji
Terminator.

DARTH POWER
Robocop. Too fast and agile. And his auto combat mode will kick ass.

But he may need some superior firepower.

Darkstorm Zero
I've already had this debate once before... That was pre the Robocop reboot which I know nothing about though...

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
It took thousands of sustained armor-piercing rounds to cause some damage to 87' Robocop.

By Robocop 2, he can fall off a skyscrapper and be alright.

Current day Robocop would massacre oldschool protocol. One ed 209 beat the hell out of original Robo laughing out loud in the current day Robocop those thousands of rounds you were talking about for the orginal were made up for in a matter of seconds by the three ed's in the current movie wink

jaden101
If the purpose is to kill the Connors then they die in that scenario. Terminator comes down to the lobby and robocop just jumps up a few stories past it. Before the Terminator can get back to the Connors it's too late.

If the purpose is to kill each other my money is on robocop.

Mindset
lol robotcop

Psychotron
The new Robocop's head is vulnerable isn't it?

Mindset
Originally posted by Psychotron
The new Robocop's head is vulnerable isn't it? As vulnerable as the old one's.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindset
As vulnerable as the old one's.

Only if they use armor piecing rounds.

Tzeentch
How would Robocop kill the T-800? It's literally impervious to Robocop's weaponry.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
Only if they use armor piecing rounds. So like I said.

Took .50 cal or above to damage the new Robocop.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Tzeentch
How would Robocop kill the T-800? It's literally impervious to Robocop's weaponry.

Cobra Assault Cannon.

Or the arm mounted rocket launcher.

Remember, he managed to do significant damage to Robo Cain with these supposed inferior weapons.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Cobra Assault Cannon.

Or the arm mounted rocket launcher.

Remember, he managed to do significant damage to Robo Cain with these supposed inferior weapons.

This is the reboot Robocop

he doesn't have those weapons.

marwash22
i haven't seen it yet, how strong is RebootCop?

Psychotron
As vulnerable as the old one's.

The old one had a metal skull with a face glued on it.

Tzeentch
Robocop didn't possess any of those weapons in the new movie. He had just his pistol and an SMG.

Reboot Murphy is faster and more agile than the original, but less durable and has less firepower.

Robtard
Current day Robocop would massacre oldschool protocol. One ed 209 beat the hell out of original Robo laughing out loud in the current day Robocop those thousands of rounds you were talking about for the orginal were made up for in a matter of seconds by the three ed's in the current movie wink

Nah, reboot Robo couldn't harm 87' Robo with his guns, while reboot can get his arm severed by a powerful handgun; he also has a human skull by all appearances and the human hand is another weak-spot.

It's essential a tank vs a lightly armored Porsche.

Mindset
The old one had a metal skull with a face glued on it. And the new one has a metal skull.

Nah, reboot Robo couldn't harm 87' Robo with his guns, while reboot can get his arm severed by a powerful handgun; he also has a human skull by all appearances and the human hand is another weak-spot.

It's essential a tank vs a lightly armored Porsche. Nope, he has a metal skull, at least where is brain is. Remember they showed his brain in a plastic container that they covered with metal.

Robtard
Nope, he has a metal skull, at least where is brain is. Remember they showed his brain in a plastic container that they covered with metal.

I'm talking about his face, the part that's either not covered by metal or only partially covered when he goes into Bubblebee combat-mode. That by all appearances is still flesh and bone.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Tzeentch

The same can be said for Robocop about the Terminator. I would assume that the Terminator is stronger than Robocop but it only has access to the same weapons that Robocop does. I would assume that Robocop could just keep jumping on the Terminator until it dies laughing out loud

I think the Terminator has an advantage over Robocop because it's targeting system. I'm sure it could eventually get a few luck locks onto Robocops head. With that said though, Robocop has all of the major advantages with his speed and agility.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm talking about his face, the part that's either not covered by metal or only partially covered when he goes into Bubblebee combat-mode. That by all appearances is still flesh and bone.

I agree that's a definitely weak spot but we don't even know how much of the brain, Robocop even needs to remain functional. I would assume that as long as the hardware within the brain stays intact he would remain operational and I think it would be relatively difficult for the Terminator to get a lock on Robocops head if he remains in motion.

Robtard
I agree that's a definitely weak spot but we don't even know how much of the brain, Robocop even needs to remain functional. I would assume that as long as the hardware within the brain stays intact he would remain operational and I think it would be relatively difficult for the Terminator to get a lock on Robocops head if he remains in motion.

I'd be safer to assume he needs his brain to function, especially considering that by the end of the film he overroad the commands.

But the Terminator has both a gattling-gun and a grenade launcher, it need not be super precise to get face shots. Though a single hit twith the grenade launcher anywhere would probably severly damage this Robocop.

jinXed by JaNx
I think Robocops maneuverability would be enough to avoid the gattling gun. Why do you think this Robocop is any less durable than the original version? Going off of the original movie I don't recall him enduring anymore damage than the reboot version. They both stood up to a barrage of damage from an Ed-209 unit.

I think the fact that the reboot version was able to take a pounding from the ed-209 unit while in full sprint says a lot. Granted he eventually went down but he was able to endure quite a bit before he fell. He was also able to destroy two units without without heavy firepower

Epicurus
I think the Terminator has an advantage over Robocop because it's targeting system.
Reboot Robocop has a far superior HUD as compared to any version of the T-800. It's practically a smaller-scale, slightly more realistic version of the Midnighter's battle computer.

Also, reboot Robocop isn't that far off in durability as compared to pre-reboot. All the shots that hurt him were 50 cal rounds.

As far as strength and durability go, post-Cameron terminators are definitely stronger and more durable than reboot Murphy. Pre-Cameron versions however, not so.

Stealth Moose
Of course, T2 Terminator IIRC rained gatling fire on a crowd of cops without killing a soul, so his accuracy isn't that bad.

I just don't see how Rebootcop can do much to T-800.

Robtard
I think Robocops maneuverability would be enough to avoid the gattling gun. Why do you think this Robocop is any less durable than the original version? Going off of the original movie I don't recall him enduring anymore damage than the reboot version. They both stood up to a barrage of damage from an Ed-209 unit.

I think the fact that the reboot version was able to take a pounding from the ed-209 unit while in full sprint says a lot. Granted he eventually went down but he was able to endure quite a bit before he fell. He was also able to destroy two units without without heavy firepower

When the OCP security forces get the jump on him, 87' takes thousands of armor-piercing rounds before he starts showing damage.

It took what appeared to be hours to break him into pieces using heavy industrial equipment and they had to go at his joints.

In Robocop 2, he survives falling off a skyscraper and seems fine.

There's probably some more crap in Robocop 3, but I really can't recall much from that abortion except the bullet-catching nonsense and the clownish ninja-androids. But I think it's fairly evident that the reboot isn't nearly as tough as the original. Defintely faster and extremely more agile.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Of course, T2 Terminator IIRC rained gatling fire on a crowd of cops without killing a soul, so his accuracy isn't that bad.

I just don't see how Rebootcop can do much to T-800.
It isn't, merely that Rebootcop's HUD is better designed, better simulations of all possible scenarios, and has 3D holographics as opposed to the Terminator's limited infrared visualization. And from what I can tell, killing dozens of targets shooting at you from close range, in a room with all the lights blacked out is also a better targetting feat than standing like a statue and shooting vehicles from a distance in order to avoid deaths of your human opponents. Not to mention that in T1, the terminator missed multiple shots while chasing Sarah/Reese, despite its targetting system.

Not to post-Cameron versions, but pre-Cameron versions have crappy durability, are slow, and nowhere near as strong or hyperactive as post-Cameron versions. Rebootcop could probably end those versions with his bare hands, let alone his automatic weapons.

Psychotron
Didn't the T-800 rip a T-600 in half with ease in that piece of shit Terminator Salvation? Rebootcop should probably stay out of the Terminator's reach.

Epicurus
Didn't the T-800 rip a T-600 in half with ease in that piece of shit Terminator Salvation? Rebootcop should probably stay out of the Terminator's reach.
Rebootcop also decapitated one of the humanoid robots with his bare hands. Though I agree that the post-Cameron T-800s are definitely stronger and more durable than Rebootcop going by onscreen feats.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Epicurus
Reboot Robocop has a far superior HUD as compared to any version of the T-800. It's practically a smaller-scale, slightly more realistic version of the Midnighter's battle computer.

Also, reboot Robocop isn't that far off in durability as compared to pre-reboot. All the shots that hurt him were 50 cal rounds.

As far as strength and durability go, post-Cameron terminators are definitely stronger and more durable than reboot Murphy. Pre-Cameron versions however, not so.

I wasn't disregarding Robocops targeting system. There is no way to say which one has the better targeting, however, Robocop has the more vulnerable points points to target. The terminator only has to connect a few shots to Robocops head. Although, if Robocop stays in motion I don't think that will be very easy to accomplish.

jinXed by JaNx
When the OCP security forces get the jump on him, 87' takes thousands of armor-piercing rounds before he starts showing damage.

It took what appeared to be hours to break him into pieces using heavy industrial equipment and they had to go at his joints.

When you compare that scene to what the modern Robocop endured against the Ed-209s I don't see any way to say that one version is more durable than the other. Robocop had to have taken thousands of high caliber rounds from those eds in the current movie.

Robtard
I don't recall him taking all that many shots in that scene, his speed/agility is what kept him in the fight, until he was tagged and his partner jumped in to save him. I'll have to DL and watch that scene again.

But the skycraper fall is still far more impressive than anything the reboot Robo survived.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, a plummet from a skyscraper is certainly an impressive feat and I wasn't trying to disregard it. I was just sticking to onscreen displays that are relative to both. That fall shows high armor integrity. However, considering that he showed vulnerability to sustained gunfire similar to what the current, Robocop endured suggests to me that they have similar strengths in armor integrity.

When I was using the final ed-209 scene for the modern Robocop against the police shootout that the 87 version went through I wasn't implying that current Robo would have had any different results. I was just trying to show how I don't think there is much difference if any at all in durability between the two. If the 87 version does have an advantage over the current versions durability I don't think it would be much at all and the speed and agility, I think, would surely make up for the difference.

Darkstorm Zero
it may not be Reboot cop, but this I agree with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.