Mad Jim Jaspers & Adult Franklin Richards:DCNU Cosmology Ranking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Where would Mad Jim Jaspers and Adult Franklin Richards rank in DCNU cosmology?

Epicurus
Well above Superman.

Digi
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Where would Mad Jim Jaspers and Adult Franklin Richards rank in DCNU cosmology?

Serious response this time...wouldn't we need a basic DC cosmology first, before any answer could be formed to this question? I've never seen a coherent DC cosmology that even a few fans can agree with. So your responses will be doubly arbitrary, because each poster's relative sense of cosmic hierarchy will be vastly different from the rest. It invalidates most individual answers.

This is hard enough when working with just Marvel, where there's at least tentative agreement with overarching categories (even if individual character opinions still vary wildly). But with DC, I'd say it's close to impossible, unless all you're looking for is opinions that will never approach a consensus or understanding.

Cogito
Originally posted by Digi
Serious response this time...wouldn't we need a basic DC cosmology first, before any answer could be formed to this question? I've never seen a coherent DC cosmology that even a few fans can agree with. So your responses will be doubly arbitrary, because each poster's relative sense of cosmic hierarchy will be vastly different from the rest. It invalidates most individual answers.

This is hard enough when working with just Marvel, where there's at least tentative agreement with overarching categories (even if individual character opinions still vary wildly). But with DC, I'd say it's close to impossible, unless all you're looking for is opinions that will never approach a consensus or understanding.

This is a fair point. I think it's safe to say there's a loose consensus as to who the top DC guns are, albeit with the order somewhat interchangeable. When it comes to reality warpers in DC, the gold standard is Mxy and other 5D Imps. I think without a doubt MJJ comes in below the likes of Mxy, but probably above most others. DC tends not to do big reality warpers as much a Marvel as a general rule. Franklin, I would say, falls somewhere around ZH Parallax or Ion I Kyle. Maybe also in/around that category would be Extant or Hourman 1M w/ 'gog.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Cogito
This is a fair point. I think it's safe to say there's a loose consensus as to who the top DC guns are, albeit with the order somewhat interchangeable. When it comes to reality warpers in DC, the gold standard is Mxy and other 5D Imps. I think without a doubt MJJ comes in below the likes of Mxy, but probably above most others. DC tends not to do big reality warpers as much a Marvel as a general rule. Franklin, I would say, falls somewhere around ZH Parallax or Ion I Kyle. Maybe also in/around that category would be Extant or Hourman 1M w/ 'gog.
What has current Mxy done for him to be placed a notch above both MJJ and Adult Frank?

Cogito
Originally posted by Epicurus
What has current Mxy done for him to be placed a notch above both MJJ and Adult Frank?

I was thinking pre-boot. If you want to do DCnU, both those guys are darn near the top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.