Wolverine/Spiderman/Riddick/Batman vs Elite Predators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
The team is thrown in the Jungle, covered in trees (imagine the last movie). They have to survive for a week without being PERMANENTLY trapped or killed (the entire team has to be captured). The team is going against the best of the Predators (no amps, like crossbread Predators, etc...).

There is a total of 8 predators. Can the team survive? Twist...they have to either survive for a week or kill off the Predators.

Batman has all of his gadgets and Riddick has his Blades.

COG Veteran
Spiderman solos.

NemeBro
Spiderman, with his precog abilities and physical stats that could beat them to death, really does solo.

Robtard
Wolverine could likely solo too

Impediment
Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Killing all of the Yautja he can.

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard
Wolverine could likely solo too

Nah.

There are 8 "Elite" Preds, I'm going to assume Wolf's level. 8 Plasma cannons hitting him at once means pasta lasagna Logan San. Just one hit and he will be down/dramatically slowed, and they can repeatedly blast him, impale him, pour acid on him, all just from the top of my head.

Heck, I'd give Wolf a good majority win over Wolverine in a 1v1 if he has full equipment AND is aware of Wolverine's capabilities.

Spider-man (Tobey) might solo, but it won't be that easy. Let's not make it sound like a walk in the park. Batman and Riddick are wiped out right at the start through many possible ways.

If the Predator's are aware of their enemies' abilities, they have a good chance if they go into stalker + traps + teamwork mode, although we haven't really seen team work mode.

Predators observe and adapt, if and after the team kills a few Predator's they will wise up real quick.

KingD19
Batman blows a few up

Riddick guts/decapitates a few

Spidey webs/beats to death more

Logan guts some

2 Predators per Hero. It's doable.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Batman blows a few up

Riddick guts/decapitates a few

Spidey webs/beats to death more

Logan guts some

2 Predators per Hero. It's doable.

This isn't a straight up fight. From my take on the topic, it will be like the scenario in Predators. When the fight happens, it will be the Predator's striking first, and Baleman/Riddick are goners.

The Predators own the jungle, Riddick isn't just going to walk up to a Predator. They will literally see him a mile away, and while he approaches he will get:

A. Speared.

B. Netted and diced into little cubes like that black guy that always gets diced/cubed.

C. Decapitated by a shuriken

D. Shot with a detachable-fired wrist blade

E. Decapitated by the Smart Disc

F. Get his head blown off by twin Plasma casters.

And if somehow he gets close, he'll probably get an armblade through the abdomen.

As for Baleman, well he is Baleman. The only way a grenade might work is if he goes kamikaze like the Russian.

Wolf >>> Xenomorph >>>>>> Bane

Silent Master
Has Baleman ever won a fight on this board?

KingD19
Whoa now. You're acting like Riddick isn't a master of stealth or able to cut down 20 Elite Necromongers in a heartbeat.

If Arnold and Danny Glover can survive Predator's chasing them for prolonged periods of time, Riddick at least can.

And going by the only time we see Predator's work together in AvP and Predator's, we see that while they work together, they don't necessarily stay in a group. All eight of them aren't going to just plasmacast from the beginning. There's no sport or honor in it.

They'll try to hunt them down.

Placidity
Whoa now. You're acting like Riddick isn't a master of stealth or able to cut down 20 Elite Necromongers in a heartbeat.

If Arnold and Danny Glover can survive Predator's chasing them for prolonged periods of time, Riddick at least can.

And going by the only time we see Predator's work together in AvP and Predator's, we see that while they work together, they don't necessarily stay in a group. All eight of them aren't going to just plasmacast from the beginning. There's no sport or honor in it.

They'll try to hunt them down.

It depends which Predators you are using as a reference. If you think of an "Elite" Predator as Wolf, then eight "Wolf"'s would take this fight handily.

If you are using the Danny Glover Predator, then I would agree with you. But I don't think he counts as "elite".

The Predators in AvP were said to be rookies trying to gain their rite of passage. But even Scar was a complete badass, he would certainly take Batman or Riddick in a 1v1 if you give him full equipment, let alone 2 of him.

If they send rookies to take on Xenomorphs, then I would have to assume the Arnold / Danny Predator weren't elite either. The Danny Predator also has outstandingly bad moments, so he is an outlier.

As for Arnold / Glover surviving for long, that's because the Predator was stalking others first for most of the movie, and it was toying with them.

You are right they won't go mental on the plasma cannon right at the start, but it is not out of character for them to take out one or two with it to start off the fight. We see this in the first Predator movie. Also, it depends if they view the team as game or as a threat. When Predators recognize threats like Xenomorphs, they don't mess around, rapid fire plasma cannons are on the menu, and they won't hesitate to use it as we see in AvP and AvPR. The only time in the history of any Predator movie where the Predator disarms himself to play fisticuffs is when it is a one vs one, and the opponent is unarmed. And if the opponent is armed with a melee weapon, the Predator will engage with his wrist/arm blade.

I agree they haven't shown any good teamwork, but if one Predator dies, the others will definitely follow up on it immediately.

FrothByte
Didn't they show decent teamwork in the movie Predators?

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte

Yea, I thought about it, but don't really remember it that well so I hesitate to make that claim.

Either way I'm not sure its those Predators that are in this fight. And those Predators seemed pretty noob next to Scar or Wolf. Definitely larger and stronger, but possibly lacking in the skill department.

That Predator losing to the Yakuza gangster was awful.

KingD19
Those were Super Predators. Essentially mutated forms of Predator.

Stealth Moose
Those were Super Predators. Essentially mutated forms of Predator.

Not sure if they're explicitly mutated in the science fiction sense, but they are certainly from different tribes. It's not unrealistic to assume that Preds have rare phenotypes which only got airtime in the newer film.

Originally posted by Placidity
Yea, I thought about it, but don't really remember it that well so I hesitate to make that claim.

Either way I'm not sure its those Predators that are in this fight. And those Predators seemed pretty noob next to Scar or Wolf. Definitely larger and stronger, but possibly lacking in the skill department.

That Predator losing to the Yakuza gangster was awful.

From a showing of badassery on behalf of the Predator, the fight seemed rather weak. Dramatically, however, it was pretty awesome.

Debatable. On one hand, the hunting parties were very methodical compared to P2, not revealing themselves for a long time and using very intelligent methods to separate and kill their prey. On the other hand, it seemed like in the end they separated themselves to actually do the killing, and didn't support one another in any meaningful way.

It has been some time since I saw AVP2, but Wolf I still remember was disgustingly pragmatic in combat and did not mess around. Perhaps the nature of his mission was less about honor and more about containment, and that's why his showings are so much higher in comparison with even Super Mutant Black Orc Predators. I think that should be a consideration for the fight; Wolf-style elite Predators are clearly blooded and do not **** around in the slightest.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

It has been some time since I saw AVP2, but Wolf I still remember was disgustingly pragmatic in combat and did not mess around. Perhaps the nature of his mission was less about honor and more about containment, and that's why his showings are so much higher in comparison with even Super Mutant Black Orc Predators. I think that should be a consideration for the fight; Wolf-style elite Predators are clearly blooded and do not **** around in the slightest.

Agreed. Wolf seemed more like a cleanup crew than a hunter enjoying the game. Guess his main target was the predalien and everyone else was just vermin he had to clear out. He even took the time to liquify those aliens.

If the predator in the first movie behaved this way, going for the kill instead of the joy of the hunt, Arnold and his team probably would have all been dead in an hour.

If the predators in this match are all thinking like this, then all the heroes die with only Spiderman left alive. Spidey's spider sense will help him avoid majority of the predator attacks, but I'm not sure if his spidersense will allow him to "see" where the preds are if they're cloaked.

Stealth Moose
thumb up

The other Preds I think are just high on the smell of their own macho piss. Wolf is legit.

Robtard
Nah.

There are 8 "Elite" Preds, I'm going to assume Wolf's level. 8 Plasma cannons hitting him at once means pasta lasagna Logan San. Just one hit and he will be down/dramatically slowed, and they can repeatedly blast him, impale him, pour acid on him, all just from the top of my head.

Heck, I'd give Wolf a good majority win over Wolverine in a 1v1 if he has full equipment AND is aware of Wolverine's capabilities.

Spider-man (Tobey) might solo, but it won't be that easy. Let's not make it sound like a walk in the park. Batman and Riddick are wiped out right at the start through many possible ways.

If the Predator's are aware of their enemies' abilities, they have a good chance if they go into stalker + traps + teamwork mode, although we haven't really seen team work mode.

Predators observe and adapt, if and after the team kills a few Predator's they will wise up real quick.

Nah.

He'd just have to call them out on their honor and challenge their dick-size like the Yakuza guy did to get them to melee fight, then it's all over for them.

NemeBro
Riddick would beat any Yautja in hand-to-hand.

These are the same guys who can be killed by a yakuza with a katana, lolololol.

Anyway, Spiderman still solos.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Killing all of the Yautja he can.

damn skippy

carver9
When I said Elites...I mean the best of the best. Don't know why anyone would think of this as easy, especially in a jungle and especially with the tech they have, this isn't a solo fight at all for any of them. Also, per forum rules, everyone has knowledge of each character.

Robtard
Originally posted by carver9
When I said Elites...I mean the best of the best. Don't know why anyone would think of this as easy, especially in a jungle and especially with the tech they have, this isn't a solo fight at all for any of them. Also, per forum rules, everyone has knowledge of each character.

We've seen the "best of the best" when it comes to Yautja and what can take them out; it's a lot less than superhumans.

But if you're going with "has knowledge here", then Batman convinces everyone to drop/conceal their weapons so they pose no threat/challenge and the Predators leave them alone.

Damn son, I just pwned the **** out of this thread.

Psychotron
Spider-man's precog would counter any Predator surprises and he's more powerful than any of them. Team wins handily.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Spider-man's precog would counter any Predator surprises and he's more powerful than any of them. Team wins handily.

Yeah but he's precog won't exactly allow him to "see" where the preds are so Spidey will also have a hard time hitting them.

Anyway like I said, all of the team dies except for Spidey. Then it boils down to whether the Preds can plasma blast Spidey or not.

Stealth Moose
Spidey's pecog hasn't ever been a get out of harm's way free card in all cases. Punisher fooled him by having a 'dangerous' decoy rigged with a remote bomb. Spidey doesn't soak explosions as well as Predators do.

Firefly218
We've seen the "best of the best" when it comes to Yautja and what can take them out; it's a lot less than superhumans.

But if you're going with "has knowledge here", then Batman convinces everyone to drop/conceal their weapons so they pose no threat/challenge and the Predators leave them alone.

laughing thumb up

predators will relax, thinking they're just humans without weapons.

team wins with a good plan

Silent Master
When did movie Spider-man face the Punisher?

Firefly218
In the newest spiderman movie. You didn't see it?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Silent Master
When did movie Spider-man face the Punisher?

Deleted content.

It was a What-If, but the point stands; danger sense isn't omnipotent.

Silent Master
Can you post the clip?

Stealth Moose
Can you post the clip?

Never heard of a What If before, bro?

Psychotron
Spidey's pecog hasn't ever been a get out of harm's way free card in all cases. Punisher fooled him by having a 'dangerous' decoy rigged with a remote bomb. Spidey doesn't soak explosions as well as Predators do.

Not only is that a comic book version but it's not even the mainstream comic version.

Yeah but he's precog won't exactly allow him to "see" where the preds are so Spidey will also have a hard time hitting them.

Anyway like I said, all of the team dies except for Spidey. Then it boils down to whether the Preds can plasma blast Spidey or not.

Predators aren't completely invisible. Plus he's got the others to act as meat shileds.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Psychotron
Not only is that a comic book version but it's not even the mainstream comic version.

Predators aren't completely invisible. Plus he's got the others to act as meat shileds.

Right. Which is why Spiderman's spidey sense is flawless in the films and he's never in any danger from far less powerful opponents.

/legit.

Silent Master
Never heard of a What If before, bro?

I've never heard of a What If being made of movie Spider-man, can you post the link and where it's stated to be canon?

Stealth Moose
I've never heard of a What If being made of movie Spider-man, can you post the link and where it's stated to be canon?

Srsly?

http://img.pandawhale.com/83936-sarcasm-gif-sbwq.gif

NemeBro
Why is Stealth Moose trying to dodge the fact that he has no point?

DarkSaint85

This. Except Wolverine gets plasmacasted first, as they still can detect his metal claws/skeleton. They turn away from him, thinking he's dead.

The other three pile on, then Wolvie goes berserker.

Placidity
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This. Except Wolverine gets plasmacasted first, as they still can detect his metal claws/skeleton. They turn away from him, thinking he's dead.

No, they would pour acid all over him and take his skull as a trophy.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The other three pile on, then Wolvie goes berserker.

Berseker ain't going to help when you get a plasma blast to the face.

One shot was enough to make a Xenomorph explode on impact.

Logan will literally lose face.

Also, Wolverine forgot to go "berserker" when Lady Deathstrike had her claws in him, and had him dead to rights. He also forgot to go "berserker" when Victor "killed" Kayla and got shit stomped by him. Maybe its because of his bad memory.

DarkSaint85
No, they would pour acid all over him and take his skull as a trophy.

Berseker ain't going to help when you get a plasma blast to the face.

One shot was enough to make a Xenomorph explode on impact.

Logan will literally lose face.

Also, Wolverine forgot to go "berserker" when Lady Deathstrike had her claws in him, and had him dead to rights. He also forgot to go "berserker" when Victor "killed" Kayla and got shit stomped by him. Maybe its because of his bad memory.

True. I don't really care about him in either way; he can be a sacrificial lamb. I only mentioned him because after scanning everyone, without weapons, he would still have his claws, so they're likely to target him first.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why is Stealth Moose trying to dodge the fact that he has no point?
Right. Which is why Spiderman's spidey sense is flawless in the films and he's never in any danger from far less powerful opponents.

/legit.

thumb up

Psychotron

/legit.

It's not flawless but it's good enough. Predator aren't fast enough to contend with Spider-man and their plasma caster are kinda slow compared to bullets.

DarkSaint85
Plasma casters aren't all that, anyway - and arguably, useless against Spidey. As soon as it targets him, his Spidey sense would kick in.

Hell, that rat thing survived the Predator trying to kill it in Predator 1 (when Arnie was first slathered in mud).

Placidity
http://i50.tinypic.com/ay6o21.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd6/Dachandes_Lair/avp001vj1.gif
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2190/alien20vs20predatoruv4ml3.gif
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x135/symbiote24/avp008lg9.gif
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Horhey420/Animated%20Avatars/Aliens%20vs%20Predator/AVPR/requiem05uj9.gif
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Horhey420/Animated%20Avatars/Aliens%20vs%20Predator/AVPR/l_56b9aa880e146279d0357351df6d8ecf.gif
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Horhey420/Animated%20Avatars/Aliens%20vs%20Predator/AVPR/requiem09tu0.gif

Placidity
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Horhey420/Animated%20Avatars/Aliens%20vs%20Predator/AVPR/avp2kill.gif
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/Horhey420/Animated%20Avatars/Aliens%20vs%20Predator/AVPR/avpbu9.gif
http://chud.com/articles/content_images/173/AVP3.gif
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8997/avpr01la2.gif
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/phyreblade_blog/AVP%20Shuriken/shuriken.gif
http://odin.mobile9.com/download/media/41/predatorvs_tm5bixp7.gif
http://i46.tinypic.com/2aiwc9.jpg

Silent Master
Why are the Preds using the weapon from Krull?

Stealth Moose
Lol.

Psychotron
God, I still remember how shitty AvP:R was.

BlackZero30x
Spiderman solos. I feel Wolverine and Riddick hold their own and Batman is lucky if he can fight one.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, pretty much any of these characters would solo the predators. Except Batman. Unless of course he gets prep which would make him able to easily take them all.

Silent Master
Giving movie Batman prep isn't going to help, he'd still be the first to die.

FrothByte
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Yeah, pretty much any of these characters would solo the predators. Except Batman. Unless of course he gets prep which would make him able to easily take them all.

Hell no. Only Spiderman has a chance solo, and even then he'd be hard pressed if we're talking elite preds like Wolf and not newbie's like the AvP ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.