Combustion man vs. Deidara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJGGogeta
Who wins this battle of the kings of combustion?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130107224851/avatar/images/f/fc/Combustion_Man.png

We have Combustion man, aka Sparky-sparky-boom man, from Avatar the last airbender. His known powers are super strength and speed, as well as the ability to shoot explosions from his mind. He can also create barriers around himself with his mind power that can be sustained for short periods. His weakness is his head, and if he suffers some kind of trauma or gets hit with a lot of force, his explosions can actually blow him up instead.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11700000/Deidara-akatsuki-11778850-640-480.jpg

His opponent is Deidara, from Naruto. He starts off with two full pouches of clay, the amount he had when fighting Sasuke. His known powers are super speed and strength, and the ability to create living bombs and creatures from his clay that can make huge explosions. He also has a fail-safe suicide bomb technique that makes a 10 km explosion that vaporizes everything in the vicinity. His weakness is lightning, and if his clay sculptures are hit with lightning attacks they are rendered useless.

They both begin 25 meters away, in full health. Who wins?

SSJGGogeta

I personally think that Deidara would have a good chance of winning because of his extreme variety of techniques, including speed that Combustion man couldn't match.

AuraAngel
Deidara could beat him without any arms.

yungz22
deidara is capable of way too much destruction.... even c4 affects ppl on microscopic levels

psycho gundam
this is extremely one-sided

vansonbee
thought cm was a new battle manga character. this guy has no chance. lol

KingD19
Even beyond the power of his bombs. Deidara and pretty much the entire Naruto-verse operates on a higher plateau than the Avatar-verse.

yungz22
Originally posted by KingD19
Even beyond the power of his bombs. Deidara and pretty much the entire Naruto-verse operates on a higher plateau than the Avatar-verse.

well the Avatar him/herself could fight anybody in Naruto and give them a run for their money..... maybe except for genjutsu experts

NemeBro
Originally posted by yungz22
well the Avatar him/herself could fight anybody in Naruto and give them a run for their money Nah.

SSJGGogeta
I don't think this is one-sided. Deidara takes a while to activate or use his clay, and without a partner like Tobi or Sasori to stall for time, it would be very difficult for him to find an opportunity to even use his explosives. While as Combustion man is the "all business" kind of person that would start the fight off with a bunch of explosions. The reason I made this thread is to hear your opinions of weather or not you think Deidara could even use his clay techniques, which would definitely be enough to kill CM.

Deidara's not skilled with Taijutsu, and his speed isn't enough to get away from CM without his clay birds, that CM would probably be able to tag and kill while learning that he had to keep up the pressure so Deidara couldn't use his explosives.

NemeBro
Deidara could just beat Combustian Man to death, lol.

Combustian Man is barely above peak human physically.

Part 1 Naruto and Sasuke could easily kill him.

SSJGGogeta
Combustion man was able to take Earth bending boulders to the face, and block fireballs with his metal limbs. Not to mention that he could jump like 20 feet high and dodge air bending that moves at the speed of sound(as stated somewhere, I think in the episode where Aang had to find the frogs for Katara and Sokka). I even remember him breaking huge rocks and stuff with his head, despite not being an earth bender.

Maybe if you mean 1 tailed Kyuubi cloak Naruto and CS2 Sasuke with developed sharingan, but otherwise they can't get around his durability and explosive power.

NemeBro
lol

KingD19
I like Avatar so much more than Naruto it's ridiculous. But I'm not gonna fight for a lost cause. Deidara like Neme said could just beat him to death.

His own explosion killed him and blew him apart, or at least blew his arm off. And his explosions were far lower than even Deidara's most basic shit.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
I don't think this is one-sided. Deidara takes a while to activate or use his clay, and without a partner like Tobi or Sasori to stall for time, it would be very difficult for him to find an opportunity to even use his explosives. While as Combustion man is the "all business" kind of person that would start the fight off with a bunch of explosions. The reason I made this thread is to hear your opinions of weather or not you think Deidara could even use his clay techniques, which would definitely be enough to kill CM.

Deidara's not skilled with Taijutsu, and his speed isn't enough to get away from CM without his clay birds, that CM would probably be able to tag and kill while learning that he had to keep up the pressure so Deidara couldn't use his explosives. you missed how he took down fricken 1-tail enhanced gaara, right?

like, the standard distance of these fights are .5 km and one of these guys has: means of flight, a telescopic monocle, tracking attacks that almost seem alive, bigger attacks that cover a wide area that can be spammed, ninja techniques like clones that also explode and lastly the will to detonate himself with a blast that covers 20x the space of the distance CM has to cover just to get near an inexplicably stationary Deidara. so if Deidara was gonna die he could simply eat clay and make it a stalemate on some "my art is better" shit.

shit, CM has yet to even hit a character with his power and he was almost killed by a well placed stone to the forehead, that same thing can happen to him by random debris flying at him if he wasn't somehow gibbed by explosive clay bird bombs.

this is retarded

EDIT* read that they start 25 meters away. clay clone
/deidara wins anyway

yungz22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nah.

Avatar state is techs are on par if not stronger than any elemental jutsu weve seen thus far in naruto... Avatar Kyoshi created an island and during book 1 Aang created that huge sea monster that basically flooded the whole city. the avatar are pretty damn strong

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you missed how he took down fricken 1-tail enhanced gaara, right?

like, the standard distance of these fights are .5 km and one of these guys has: means of flight, a telescopic monocle, tracking attacks that almost seem alive, bigger attacks that cover a wide area that can be spammed, ninja techniques like clones that also explode and lastly the will to detonate himself with a blast that covers 20x the space of the distance CM has to cover just to get near an inexplicably stationary Deidara. so if Deidara was gonna die he could simply eat clay and make it a stalemate on some "my art is better" shit.

shit, CM has yet to even hit a character with his power and he was almost killed by a well placed stone to the forehead, that same thing can happen to him by random debris flying at him if he wasn't somehow gibbed by explosive clay bird bombs.

this is retarded

EDIT* read that they start 25 meters away. clay clone
/deidara wins anyway

No I didn't, but did you miss how Gaara didn't want to kill him until later in the fight when he realized he wouldn't get any info out of him, and that Deidara already had a clay bird to ride at the start of the fight? CM was able to shoot explosions that brought down a waterfall, which is more than anything Deidara could do beyond the C2 dragon. Even then, the Dragon can be easily killed by long range attacks, because it's huge and relatively slow. Deidara's clay clones would be the toughest thing for combustion man to deal with other than C0, but he would still keep his distance.

CM can spam explosions quicker than Deidara can, which is why I think he would have a chance if he used his explosions right off the bat before Deidara could use his, which is what he would do. The point is that Deidara takes a while to use his explosives, but they're much stronger than CM's. CM could keep up the pressure to render him incapable of using anything meaningful unless he managed to stall him for a minute.

It's PIS. A blind girl was able to dodge an arial attack that made no sound as it traveled. I think Avatar did him pretty dirty. I still think Deidara wins, but it's not one-sided.

AuraAngel
It is one-sided. Deidara, without arms, managed to evade the entirety of Team Guy. Otherwise known as the really fast ones. The fast ones who can casually clear hundreds of meters and appear to teleport compared to other really fast ones(like Sasuke).

Avatar characters have never appeared so fast that normal humans cannot track. The closest is Aang running full blast but even then the implication is that they were surprised at how fast he could move rather than not being able to see.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AuraAngel
It is one-sided. Deidara, without arms, managed to evade the entirety of Team Guy. Otherwise known as the really fast ones. The fast ones who can casually clear hundreds of meters and appear to teleport compared to other really fast ones(like Sasuke).

Avatar characters have never appeared so fast that normal humans cannot track. The closest is Aang running full blast but even then the implication is that they were surprised at how fast he could move rather than not being able to see.

It's just a difference in animation. Like how characters in Bleach seem to teleport all the time, but still have no implications that they're faster characters are even above mach 10. Aang can run at the speed of wind, which can't really be measured. Wind can move at many different speeds, so their's not really any reliable speed feats in Avatar.

Because of this, I regret not equalizing the speed originally..

AuraAngel
Equalized speed would merely mean Deidara wins by being a demonstrably more intelligent, varied, and creative fighter.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Equalized speed would merely mean Deidara wins by being a demonstrably more intelligent, varied, and creative fighter.

I agree, Deidara would usually win. However, CM is still strong enough with his spam-able explosions that if he kept his offense up constantly, I think he would have at least a small chance.

yungz22
ALL deidara has to do is fly around in the air dode CM's blasts and use a huge bomb like the one he was going to drop on the sand village or use c4 and let CM die from the inside out.

SSJGGogeta
ALL deidara has to do is fly around in the air dode CM's blasts and use a huge bomb like the one he was going to drop on the sand village or use c4 and let CM die from the inside out.

But Deidara can't use his clay birds instantly. It takes him a while to form them, and even then they take a second to ascend. CM would be able to blow them up before they could do that, or stop him from using them period. That's why Deidara's only way to win would be clay clones, distraction with C1, or those clay monster things he used on Sasuke that could move fast and explode.

yungz22
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
But Deidara can't use his clay birds instantly. It takes him a while to form them, and even then they take a second to ascend. CM would be able to blow them up before they could do that, or stop him from using them period. That's why Deidara's only way to win would be clay clones, distraction with C1, or those clay monster things he used on Sasuke that could move fast and explode.

he can create some bombs pretty quickly... those can be used as a distraction for the larger bomb its not like CM BLASTS ARE INSTANTANEOUS he has a recharge time also.

deidara has a very wide arsenal of types of techniques and bombs he could use. heck even his clay clones can be used as bombs

SSJGGogeta
he can create some bombs pretty quickly... those can be used as a distraction for the larger bomb its not like CM BLASTS ARE INSTANTANEOUS he has a recharge time also.

deidara has a very wide arsenal of types of techniques and bombs he could use. heck even his clay clones can be used as bombs

... Which is exactly what I was saying. CM has shot rapid fire blasts before, and he never has more than a second or two in between shots unless he's letting the dust settle to scout out the field.

Whatever though, I'm still not saying CM would win.

NemeBro
Avatar state is techs are on par if not stronger than any elemental jutsu weve seen thus far in naruto... Avatar Kyoshi created an island and during book 1 Aang created that huge sea monster that basically flooded the whole city. the avatar are pretty damn strong And the Jyuubi could destroy a country with a belch.

Naruto can swipe aside island busting attacks as though they weren't there.

Naruto is far too powerful at this point. The strongest of the Big Three.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.